Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

The MSJ posted:

Surprised Subway haven't made an ad with this guy.

this person made a nearly 8 minute long video to share such interesting stories as 'one time they changed the alarm code and I had to call someone else to get it' and 'another time my co-worker burnt some bacon in the microwave'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ulex minor posted:

this person made a nearly 8 minute long video to share such interesting stories as 'one time they changed the alarm code and I had to call someone else to get it' and 'another time my co-worker burnt some bacon in the microwave'

He actually made 3 videos. They're among his most popular ones, for some reason.

Just 3 though, he ran out of stories.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
When ballpark promotions go wrong

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Preemptive explanation, but also because it's one of the many things we need to remember these days: The person in the middle is Emmett Till.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Emmett was an important Chicagoan and much of his impact was after he was brought back to Chicago to be buried.

Also it might have inspired some people to look up someone they figured was an old timey sports star or blues singer.

So...good?

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

The MSJ posted:

He actually made 3 videos. They're among his most popular ones, for some reason.

Just 3 though, he ran out of stories.

i just saw the view counts on these and i am truly perplexed

a seagull
Apr 11, 2007

Krispy Wafer posted:

Emmett was an important Chicagoan and much of his impact was after he was brought back to Chicago to be buried.

Also it might have inspired some people to look up someone they figured was an old timey sports star or blues singer.

So...good?

It's just an odd juxtaposition to slot him in between Pat Sajak and Orson Welles.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Agreed, it’s a White Sox game so it would make sense to highlight only tragic Chicagoans.

No need to feel pride at a Sox game.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019

RandomPauI posted:

I think it is a nan-in-the-middle thing, but I also think it's something simpler. GrubHub takes 3% for orders they deliver that were ordered directly from a restaurant, or 20% if the order was placed thru GrubHubs service (phone, app, website). The fake websites directed orders away from the restaurants and to GrubHub.

The customer pays the same amount, but the restaurant gets a much smaller cut.

It's this.

Also, GrubHub's response is a just a full embrace of the Chewbacca Defense, coming out of the gate quibbling over definitions of cyber-squatting, a practice literally nobody was accusing them of.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Wheel of Fortune guy is a probably a chud given his "just asking question about climate change and other SJW science" bird posts.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Almost all game show hosts are ultra capitalists that hate poors and to them climate change is just something that could get in the way of making money

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Don’t read Chuck Woolery’s twitter if you had fond memories of him in the 80’s.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Wheel of Fortune guy is a DEFINITELY a chud

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Mu Zeta posted:

Almost all game show hosts are ultra capitalists that hate poors and to them climate change is just something that could get in the way of making money

I always wondered what those people did between shows. Do they get put back in their coffins until awoken decades later for the next trendy show? I guess Sayjack, Barker, and Trebek had a steady gig going, but the rest? These days it seems like it is just long established comedians taking over as hosts for older game shows.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

RandomPauI posted:

I think it is a nan-in-the-middle thing, but I also think it's something simpler.
naan-in-the-middle attack

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
nando's-in-the-middle

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Volcott posted:

nando's-in-the-middle

cheeky

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Adidas held a promotion on twitter showing usernames on Arsenal shirts...

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hitler Did Nothing Wrong and Weedlord Bonerhitler thought these people nothing.

Meanwhile, Baskin Robins Korea had to pull this ad from circulation. Guess why. Because people complained about pedos liking it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8DJjy8yIP0

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Krispy Wafer posted:

It sounds like Grubhub’s legal department engaged in some thoughts and prayers when it comes to their definition of cybersquatting. The part where they potentially used copyrighted photos is what’s going to sink them if this goes to court. 23,000k counts of cybersquatting. Holy poo poo.

In other news Duluth Trading opened a retail store near me. I like their stuff, but since I’ve lost weight, big bulky clothing meant for old men in dusty home workshops don’t fit me all that well. There was also a big elaborate display for DUKE CANNON stuff. I’ve never seen DUKE CANNON in the wild. They look like poo poo.

I don't think it's a bad move to be selling clothes for old fat dudes in America.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I don't think it's a bad move to be selling clothes for old fat dudes in America.

Oh no. It’s very good business. $100 for big chunky Dickie’s-like jeans is an awesome business model if people will buy it. They have pants whose primary marketing is more room for your big manly testicles. And what man doesn’t think his balls are large and in charge?

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Krispy Wafer posted:

Oh no. It’s very good business. $100 for big chunky Dickie’s-like jeans is an awesome business model if people will buy it. They have pants whose primary marketing is more room for your big manly testicles. And what man doesn’t think his balls are large and in charge?

Probably the dude in the last page of the Schadenfreude thread

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Probably the dude in the last page of the Schadenfreude thread

AAAAHHHHHHH

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
AAAAHHHHHHH

It's 2nd to last page in the thread by now.

Beans and franks beans and franks!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/_youhadonejob1/status/1149790284492005376?s=21

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/AJ48775486/status/1149790628361965569

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Tie-in novels are advertising, right? This might be good advertising, though.

https://twitter.com/Squidgypidgeon/status/1149476277922889729?s=19
https://twitter.com/Squidgypidgeon/status/1149524363336511488?s=19

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I don't believe that's an actual thing.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Len posted:

I don't believe that's an actual thing.

https://twitter.com/Squidgypidgeon/...ingawful.com%2F

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
https://books.google.ie/books/about/Dora_and_the_Lost_City_of_Gold_The_Junio.html?id=irx_DwAAQBAJ&source=kp_book_description

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

amazon's look-inside feature triumphs once again

e:

and that's the story of how LITERALLY A BIRD came to buy a copy of a dora the explorer novel

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 00:37 on Jul 14, 2019

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
If this is the novelization of the movie, and the movie has Michael Peña in it, I think I might be sold.

E OMG it has Eva Longoria, Danny Trejo, and Benicio del Toro as well.

spookykid has a new favorite as of 01:05 on Jul 14, 2019

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Holy poo poo, who was lucky enough to get that gig and why wasn't it me

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Dannywilson posted:

If this is the novelization of the movie, and the movie has Michael Peña in it, I think I might be sold.

E OMG it has Eva Longoria, Danny Trejo, and Benicio del Toro as well.

Trejo and Del Toro are voicing Boots and Swiper respectively.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Baby alligators are ridiculously cute.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

But who did they get for the Backpack? That’s like the MVP of the show!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mierenneuker posted:

But who did they get for the Backpack? That’s like the MVP of the show!

This but The Map

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

and that's the story of how LITERALLY A BIRD came to buy a copy of a dora the explorer novel

Let's Read thread?

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Coolness Averted posted:

lol I don't know if they have weird machine learning stealing the images for ads, or just some poor kid in china but this is a great one

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Didn’t they have a MasterCard commercial like a decade+ ago that had a “puttin’ on the ritz” ad with the relevant clip from Young Frankenstein in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Please, please, please let this actually show up on screen. This might be the funniest, most subversive anti-art I've ever read.