Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
You should probably save your red coins for either one of the anniversary LRs or LR gobros.

If you hate that idea, I would personally pick up either TEQ transforming Trunks, AGL transforming Zamasu, or the STR cooler whenever he shows up in the shop.

ime the super saiyan lead goku's transformation requirement means I never see it. Very few dokkan events are hard enough, SBR i've either killed the team or died by turn 3. the legendary events are the only place I've seen it, and most of the time there I'm annoyed about how long it took to happen since he only stacks defense after transforming.

LibrarianCroaker fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 9, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

the_steve posted:

So I realized that u actually have enough Red Coins to buy something.

Is that Super Saiyan lead Goku worth having? Either as a Leader or as an addition to a different team?

Save your coins for LRs. They're only (lol, "only") a hundred more coins than a normal dokkanfest exclusive. Normal dokkanfest exclusive cards come back around relatively frequently, but dokkanfest LRs do not. They will literally only be available when they're specifically advertised/featured. So if you're missing LR Super Vegito/Gogeta, the LR SS4s, or Gobros, save a little longer and grab one of them next time they become available.

Now, if you DO have all those....eh. I'd probably still save the coins anyway.

e:f,b

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

LibrarianCroaker posted:

You should probably save your red coins for either one of the anniversary LRs or LR gobros.

If you hate that idea, I would personally pick up either TEQ transforming Trunks, AGL transforming Zamasu, or the STR cooler whenever he shows up in the shop.

ime the super saiyan lead goku's transformation requirement means I never see it. Very few dokkan events are hard enough, SBR i've either killed the team or died by turn 3. the legendary events are the only place I've seen it, and most of the time there I'm annoyed about how long it took to happen since he only stacks defense after transforming.

Also TEQ Trunks and AGL Zamasu come back on the 5th anniversary banners. If you plan on summoning on those, you'll probably pull at least one of them.

Cooler on the other hand is probably gonna come back in June with the new PHY Beerus. He's a good candidate to use red coins on if you have all the dokkanfest LRs

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

CidGregor posted:

Save your coins for LRs. They're only (lol, "only") a hundred more coins than a normal dokkanfest exclusive. Normal dokkanfest exclusive cards come back around relatively frequently, but dokkanfest LRs do not. They will literally only be available when they're specifically advertised/featured. So if you're missing LR Super Vegito/Gogeta, the LR SS4s, or Gobros, save a little longer and grab one of them next time they become available.

Now, if you DO have all those....eh. I'd probably still save the coins anyway.

e:f,b

Gohan/Cell both available this anniversary, too. Finally gonna get Gohan.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Which of the units that get an EZA through the new Extreme Z Area are actually worth awakening all the way?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

a neat cape posted:

There are three f2p LRs that come from FPs. Hercule, 17 and 18, and Saiyaman 1 and 2.

Summon until you have 24 copies of each.

Why 24? Can you still use the base units to skill and awaken their LR forms even after evolving them a bunch of times? Or would I have to evolve the dupes too?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

20 for two copies at SA10 and you feed one to the other

the extra 4 are for the hidden potential paths, but you have to dokkan them all to SSR to do it, unfortunately

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So you feed one SA10 SR copy to another SA10 SR copy?

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Which of the units that get an EZA through the new Extreme Z Area are actually worth awakening all the way?

Piccolo if you're going to run a Bond of Master and Disciple team maybe. ATK+20% per unit and Allies Def+77% is nothing to sneeze at, along with his 12ki multi being 140% he's surely a viable card.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

no, only the LRs have a maximum SA of 20. you have to dokkan both those copies to LR

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

You're gonna awaken a grand total of 6 to SSR.

Copy 1 will be SA10
Copy 2 will be SA10
Copies 3-6 will be SA1

You use copies 3-6 to unlock the hidden potential paths for copy 1

Then you awaken copy 1 and copy 2 to LR

Feed in copy 2 to copy 1 and get an SA20 LR with all hidden potential paths unlocked

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Aurora posted:

no, only the LRs have a maximum SA of 20. you have to dokkan both those copies to LR

Oh. Well I'm sure I'll do it at some point. :effort:

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Evil Fluffy posted:

That's the spirit.

For real though, it's totally fair to just do the first 14 copies to get an SA10 with all paths unlocked so you at least have the LR, and not worry about the extra 10 SA until later when you don't have a million other pressing things to work on.

(If you're REALLY lazy you can even blow kais on them for SA11-20, but I wouldn't recommend that, there's too many units out there that are impossible to grind for which should be getting your kais instead.)

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Mar 11, 2020

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
I blew kais on the LR androids since we got refunds, but other than that I just feed sleepy kais into the f2p LRs.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

The free gacha LRs are pretty mediocre anyway, at least IMO. They're okay, and pull some extra value from being effectively farmable and thus easy to max out, but they're weaker than the Prime Battle LRs, which are even more farmable and still aren't that impressive.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The Great Saiyateam is at least a decent support unit.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The only free LRs to worry about are Vegito Blue and Hercule if you care about farming Zeni daily.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

lr saiyaman is leagues ahead of hercule as a usable unit

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Tons of the f2p LRs are usable

Vegito Blue is good
Saiyateam is good
Metal Cooler is good
First Form Cell is good
Uub is good
Both Ginyus are good (mostly the PHY one)

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Hercule is just for the catagory bonus in the daily mission.

Saiyaman is cool but their catagory is really stuffed with good stuff. Great for def and seals.

I forgot Cooler, he's great.

Don't have Cell but his catagory is limited so ok.

I don't have Uub because I haven't touched that mode in months but I heard he was underwhelming.

Ginyu's are for when you're starting out and the PHY one still has a flat passive.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
All day maintenance today - wheeeee.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Webbeh posted:

All day maintenance today - wheeeee.

4.8.4 is releasing.

Hope yall have your accounts linked to something

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

I feel almost sorry for the extreme z battle shenron. They really went and made an extreme STR type weak against kamehameha?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

drat, thought I was gonna be clever and use all the Mass Attacker cards I realized I have now.
Didn't bother to look at their Links.

Luckily, it was my first WT run, so it was still a cakewalk, but yeah, definitely not a good team at all.
AGL Zamasu, LR Majin Vegeta, LR Broly, INT Raditz, STR Fat Buu and the PHY Perfect Cell that eventually becomes LR but wasn't yet.

Yeah, not a good mix at all.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

How do I get battle memories? Because apparently the 20 or so items I need to make LR cell are bought that way and cost 5k each? :psyduck:

Decided to try this WT stuff and I run Godku lead with Cell and Raditz subs (and some other Saiyans) and then I grab a DBS Broly buddy. Raditz can hit his super pretty easily, Cell is so-so for Ki needs, and the buddy Broly has 9-10 just from Godku's LD and their own passive. Cell hits 60-110k AOE, Raditz a bit more, and the Broly buddy does 300-500k or so. IDK how far it'll take me but we'll see.

I didn't add Jaco because while his stun sounds good I doubt he'll ever have the Ki to use it.

e: apparently I lost my 2nd tournament earlier in the day but I have no idea how. 99% sure that run's finals ended with my cell AOEing everyone and I can't imagine the 3x score difficulty's stuff had 100k+ hp or the ability to drop 60k+ damage in 1-2 attacks.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 14, 2020

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Evil Fluffy posted:

I didn't add Jaco because while his stun sounds good I doubt he'll ever have the Ki to use it.

The stun is a passive that activates as soon as he shows up, no ki required. You definitely want him

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Fawf posted:

The stun is a passive that activates as soon as he shows up, no ki required. You definitely want him

Oh, well drat.

How far along can I probably go before I start getting murdered? With my current setup and Godku leading I should have over 100k hp and Cell/Jaco would be the only party members who won't have decent-or-better defense.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

How do I get battle memories? Because apparently the 20 or so items I need to make LR cell are bought that way and cost 5k each? :psyduck:

"Battlefield Memories" are a treasure item rewarded to you via the game mode "Virtual Dokkan Ultimate Clash." It's the bottom-middle icon in the start menu. TL;DR you bring in a total of 112 characters and attempt to beat a series of 8-10 separate battles, with each one being worth at least 10k of that treasure. The catch is, you can only use each character ONCE, win or lose. Enemies will retain any damage you did to them if you lose a battle, but once you run out of characters it's game over.

Generally it's high-end content that you won't be able to full-clear for a good long while, but the first few battles you might be able to do, and it costs no stamina, so feel free to give them a try. Mono teams rule this mode.

Evil Fluffy posted:

e: apparently I lost my 2nd tournament earlier in the day but I have no idea how. 99% sure that run's finals ended with my cell AOEing everyone and I can't imagine the 3x score difficulty's stuff had 100k+ hp or the ability to drop 60k+ damage in 1-2 attacks.
If you manually retired, or perhaps accidentally chose not to resume a suspended game on startup, those both count as losses. Otherwise maybe you just missed it?

Evil Fluffy posted:

How far along can I probably go before I start getting murdered? With my current setup and Godku leading I should have over 100k hp and Cell/Jaco would be the only party members who won't have decent-or-better defense.

Raditz + a friend PHY Movie Broly or STR LR Broly can probably carry it through 10x, maybe even 20x.

The trick to World Tournament is to realize defense doesn't really matter, the goal is to KO the enemy team with AOE supers before they ever get a shot off at all. That's why Jaco and Chiaotzu are so good in this mode. Outside of them, you'll want to rely on items. Ghost Usher will delay the enemy's attacks for one turn if you're unlucky enough to get neither Jaco nor an AOE attacker slotted ahead of an enemy attack, and King Yemma reduces damage taken by 50% for one turn, meaning you can use both at once and be invincible that turn. You can bring another defense item like Icarus or Whis and double up on that as a last resort if you like, but other than that, your last two item slots should be ki items like the Tree of Might Fruit (+3 ki to all allies) or the orb changer Puar that turns blue orbs into red (because LR STR Broly is the hardest AOE attacker to get enough ki for).

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Mar 14, 2020

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

Decided to try this WT stuff and I run Godku lead with Cell and Raditz subs (and some other Saiyans) and then I grab a DBS Broly buddy. Raditz can hit his super pretty easily, Cell is so-so for Ki needs, and the buddy Broly has 9-10 just from Godku's LD and their own passive. Cell hits 60-110k AOE, Raditz a bit more, and the Broly buddy does 300-500k or so. IDK how far it'll take me but we'll see.

IIRC, you get Battlefield Memories from the Ultimate Clash mode. You get a good number of memories from each stage, so 5k is actually not too expensive, but it's not a newbie-friendly mode since it's designed for people who have a lot of strong units and can make a variety of decent teams.

I usually only run WTs with 2-3 all-attackers, with the rest of my team focusing more on having the defensive or support stuff needed to stay alive and make sure they're fueled up with ki. That said, I haven't done much WT in a while - the short time period and sheer number of battles needed to progress are annoying. Raditz alone can pretty much carry you straight to 20x.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Main Paineframe posted:

IIRC, you get Battlefield Memories from the Ultimate Clash mode. You get a good number of memories from each stage, so 5k is actually not too expensive, but it's not a newbie-friendly mode since it's designed for people who have a lot of strong units and can make a variety of decent teams.

I usually only run WTs with 2-3 all-attackers, with the rest of my team focusing more on having the defensive or support stuff needed to stay alive and make sure they're fueled up with ki. That said, I haven't done much WT in a while - the short time period and sheer number of battles needed to progress are annoying. Raditz alone can pretty much carry you straight to 20x.

Yeah I'm not rank 150 yet so I can't do those, oh well.

I tossed 30 stones at the one banner hoping for something like the hit-all Freeza. didn't get them but I got Chiaotzu so now I have both stunners on the team. :toot:

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

CidGregor posted:

Raditz + a friend PHY Movie Broly or STR LR Broly can probably carry it through 10x, maybe even 20x.

with a 130% attack leader Raditz+PHY Broly can clear out up to 25x handily. Broly's almost able to do it alone, unless they have a lot of STR units.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Man it's a lot of stamina refreshes to get to the ladder kale and caulifla copies.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Man it's a lot of stamina refreshes to get to the ladder kale and caulifla copies.

Are they even worth it? Or are they just as useless as the rest of the WT prize cards?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Despite having what I assume to be the best team for the WT, I just can’t muster the effort to grind the event.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

the_steve posted:

Are they even worth it? Or are they just as useless as the rest of the WT prize cards?

infinite attack/def stacking, guaranteed additional super when they're on the same rotation. They're not incredible, but they're probably the best WT prize cards?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Doing the 20x tournament I think I get 6-700k per win? I'll probably try to hit 9mil and then stop. I don't have it in me to try and grind for the next several hours to maybe hit 23m.

Plus I already have the Caulifla and Kale from the Universe 6 gacha that was up when I started.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

The grind is a painful slog even with a really good specialty team and I legit don't know how the hell people can go for hundreds of millions of points and 400+ win streaks.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
29WTs for the 23m.

the reward structure of WT is real bad.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Running the 20x tournament I'd occasionally come across teams with multiple Broly enemies and they'd consistently eat both my Raditz and buddy Broly's AOE and then 1-2 more supers before going down. Thank god for Jaco and Chiaotzu's stuns since the enemies would hit for 30-50k with normal attacks when they weren't stunned. :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
yea, if you have a leaderskill that covers him, i'd definitely take a friend LR str Broly over DBS broly.