Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Probably be while for that QL. I'll probably get whacked if I get caught. Anything higher then my level in missions hurts. Plus I'm also chasing exp so tend to clear missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Fewd posted:

Wonder how farming RK dynacamps is these days? Might be some sellable things there and it's actually not so horribly boring and bad.

There was a time when you could barely find them, but I think people have moved on. I dropped one the other day and felt the exp was pretty good, and I picked out what I felt would sell on the market, and then quickly turned those items into a couple mil. Not bad, but not worth the effort either...

I see a lot of talk about MA's and since my main is one, I felt I might be able to help. MA's are extremely squishy, so the best we can do is keep evades maxed and its critical that our armor is not "whatever I found in a box". I have the Jobe Tier1 suit on, but will need to upgrade soon, and it's OK. At level 185 I can relatively easily take level 200 missions. If I end up with more than one on me, and I get rooted, I get nervous. I tend to stay right around my level on missions because they are very easy. Our chance to hit and crit on equal level mobs is just awesome! Do what ever you can to get that crit rating up, buff, scope, ring, whatever! It is our best asset! And don't forget that back slot. Tank armor is passable if you have nothing else, but the ancient container backpack is nice.

Remember always max MA, Brawl, Sense and Agility, and Parry for blessed with thunder. Blessed with Thunder is my favorite attack in this game, I love the animation and the little story on the nano description. I still swear by fist damage over a weapon and on Rubi-Ka I like fire damage with a couple of bracers to boost fire damage.

Basically you probably know all this stuff. Kill before getting killed, and if it goes bad, our run skill is green as well :) MA's do damage even while running, so I like to do drive-by damage. Just run out of line of sight for a second and then come running through the room slapping mercilessly :) and run right past into another room. They will follow, but they won't be hitting you as often. And we do great burst damage with Brawl and the perks (Not Froob).

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Engineers are pretty good for soloing content if you can fit dual mochams.

Also what's the new cool level to twink at? 150 still somewhat useful?

Orange DeviI fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jan 19, 2015

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Floob posted:

There was a time when you could barely find them, but I think people have moved on. I dropped one the other day and felt the exp was pretty good, and I picked out what I felt would sell on the market, and then quickly turned those items into a couple mil. Not bad, but not worth the effort either...

I see a lot of talk about MA's and since my main is one, I felt I might be able to help. MA's are extremely squishy, so the best we can do is keep evades maxed and its critical that our armor is not "whatever I found in a box". I have the Jobe Tier1 suit on, but will need to upgrade soon, and it's OK. At level 185 I can relatively easily take level 200 missions. If I end up with more than one on me, and I get rooted, I get nervous. I tend to stay right around my level on missions because they are very easy. Our chance to hit and crit on equal level mobs is just awesome! Do what ever you can to get that crit rating up, buff, scope, ring, whatever! It is our best asset! And don't forget that back slot. Tank armor is passable if you have nothing else, but the ancient container backpack is nice.

Remember always max MA, Brawl, Sense and Agility, and Parry for blessed with thunder. Blessed with Thunder is my favorite attack in this game, I love the animation and the little story on the nano description. I still swear by fist damage over a weapon and on Rubi-Ka I like fire damage with a couple of bracers to boost fire damage.

Basically you probably know all this stuff. Kill before getting killed, and if it goes bad, our run skill is green as well :) MA's do damage even while running, so I like to do drive-by damage. Just run out of line of sight for a second and then come running through the room slapping mercilessly :) and run right past into another room. They will follow, but they won't be hitting you as often. And we do great burst damage with Brawl and the perks (Not Froob).

My MA is 72 but I've forgotten most poo poo really. Anything worth killing for experience (froob) except missions? Gear wise, I'm using Miy's armour and ToTW (exarch cloak, rings etc) stuff and bare hands to hit poo poo. As for IP, looks like I'm doing what I should be. As for attacks, I have blessed with thunder and something else on a similar timer I use when I open up. Got some crappy heal and a 5 min heal.

Nano wise, I just pile on everything I buy off the MA vendor. MA expertise, AC, fist of something etc.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

killstealing posted:

Engineers are pretty good for soloing content if you can fit dual mochams.

Also what's the new cool level to twink at? 150 still somewhat useful?

I used to love my Shotgun Engi! but at higher levels its best to get twinked into a slayerdroid and hide in another room... Boring, but satisfying :) I still think one of the best all around characters to twink is an enforcer. The HP is best in game and the damage output from weapons obtainable by Froobs is very good. I also enjoyed the Soldier. Damage reflection can be very unbalanced ;)

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.
I'm still waffling, sadly. MP seems hosed right now and Funcom is apparently dragging their feet on creating pets that survive the game's power creep. Doctor is conceptually boring but Martial Arts + DOTs + heals is a decent package.

Heeeeelp Meeeee.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Tai posted:

My MA is 72 but I've forgotten most poo poo really. Anything worth killing for experience (froob) except missions? Gear wise, I'm using Miy's armour and ToTW (exarch cloak, rings etc) stuff and bare hands to hit poo poo. As for IP, looks like I'm doing what I should be. As for attacks, I have blessed with thunder and something else on a similar timer I use when I open up. Got some crappy heal and a 5 min heal.

Nano wise, I just pile on everything I buy off the MA vendor. MA expertise, AC, fist of something etc.

The AC boost is really not worth the skill points at your level. I have them maxed now that I am title capped, but your better to skip it for now, or find an engineer to buff you. MA's have terrible nano skills and we can't afford to waste a single point. Speaking of nano's it may sound crappy but in order to get the agg/deff slider to the left some more I do have some nano init. I can insta cast my heal and still be in an almost full defensive stance.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Conskill posted:

I'm still waffling, sadly. MP seems hosed right now and Funcom is apparently dragging their feet on creating pets that survive the game's power creep. Doctor is conceptually boring but Martial Arts + DOTs + heals is a decent package.

Heeeeelp Meeeee.

If you want a powerful pet, play an engineer and get buffed by an MP :) leveling an MP sucks bad! the heal pet is OK but not dependable, and the mez pet is a total joke. That and AO having terrible aggression calculating, and you have a nightmare on your hands. The MA Doc is a very fun combination, but just like everything in AO, if you try and mix classes you end up crappy at both, you are better off going with one or the other. I watched a Doc totally wreck an Enforcer this weekend in a duel with just dots. At the end of the fight the Doc was still at full HP and he full healed the Enf when it was over for added humiliation...

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Floob posted:

Speaking of nano's it may sound crappy but in order to get the agg/deff slider to the left some more I do have some nano init. I can insta cast my heal and still be in an almost full defensive stance.

This didn't make a lot of sense. Think of me as a cute newbie who will ask you annoying questions because I honestly can't remember poo poo in this game. Last time I played, I received a pretty have power leveling sessions followed by fully decked out in implants so I didn't learn a lot.

And yea, the MA guides seems massively outdated. I can't even find a decent one about weapons, nanos and stuff like sliders/instant heals etc. Hell I probably should reset my IP really but I'm guessing I'd need to unplug every implant (which I don't know how to) so gently caress that.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

Floob posted:

If you want a powerful pet, play an engineer and get buffed by an MP :) leveling an MP sucks bad! the heal pet is OK but not dependable, and the mez pet is a total joke. That and AO having terrible aggression calculating, and you have a nightmare on your hands. The MA Doc is a very fun combination, but just like everything in AO, if you try and mix classes you end up crappy at both, you are better off going with one or the other. I watched a Doc totally wreck an Enforcer this weekend in a duel with just dots. At the end of the fight the Doc was still at full HP and he full healed the Enf when it was over for added humiliation...

Yeah, I don't mean an over-emphasis on MA more just treating it as DoT #4. I'm lured to MA for leveling since it means I don't need to gently caress around with weapon upgrades constantly.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Conskill posted:

Yeah, I don't mean an over-emphasis on MA more just treating it as DoT #4. I'm lured to MA for leveling since it means I don't need to gently caress around with weapon upgrades constantly.

And the cost of Ammo, even though slight, kinda sucks. The MA is the cheapest to level, and the class I usually point new players to.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Tai posted:

This didn't make a lot of sense. Think of me as a cute newbie who will ask you annoying questions because I honestly can't remember poo poo in this game. Last time I played, I received a pretty have power leveling sessions followed by fully decked out in implants so I didn't learn a lot.

And yea, the MA guides seems massively outdated. I can't even find a decent one about weapons, nanos and stuff like sliders/instant heals etc. Hell I probably should reset my IP really but I'm guessing I'd need to unplug every implant (which I don't know how to) so gently caress that.

At the bottom right of the gui you have a slider. that reads agg/def. If you slide it all the way to the left you do everything slower, but you are in a defensive stance, so hopefully taking less damage. If you move it to the right, you do things faster but also take more damage. If you raise your init high enough you can move the slider to the left and still do things fast and maintain the defensive stance. For instance an MA wants physical init high so they can hit fast and move the slider to the left. If you do this without raising nano init, your nano's will take forever to cast. There used to be a program that would tell you how much init equaled what on the slider.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I should resub to dump loot on you

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

killstealing posted:

I should resub to dump loot on you

I would love to be the grand old player who showers loot and cash on returning goons, but I am almost flat broke, and never focused on gaining wealth. All I can do right now is try to lavish you with experience, as slight as it is. Money has never really been much of a problem though... most of what you really need can be rolled for.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I should check my froob account later, drat why didn't I have a froob bank like the cool kids.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

killstealing posted:

I should check my froob account later, drat why didn't I have a froob bank like the cool kids.

Because froobs can't use the mail system? I have a couple froob accounts for times when I just don't want to pay the sub, but they really do get the shaft...

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah it's pretty dumb. Game would be so much better if froobs got to use stuff like the GMT or mailing. Hell, give them AI by now. A sci-fi game without aliens? Funcom, gently caress you. Game should be F2P with a cash shop instead of costing more than TSW.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Floob posted:

At the bottom right of the gui you have a slider. that reads agg/def. If you slide it all the way to the left you do everything slower, but you are in a defensive stance, so hopefully taking less damage. If you move it to the right, you do things faster but also take more damage. If you raise your init high enough you can move the slider to the left and still do things fast and maintain the defensive stance. For instance an MA wants physical init high so they can hit fast and move the slider to the left. If you do this without raising nano init, your nano's will take forever to cast. There used to be a program that would tell you how much init equaled what on the slider.

I have it whacked full AGG, I take it I don't want to be doing this?

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Tai posted:

I have it whacked full AGG, I take it I don't want to be doing this?

Correct. Typically you would want it in the middle, and then as you go up in level you can slowly move it to the left as described earlier. I have never read or witnessed a case where anyone would want to go full agg and I think it's because you take a nasty hit to defense. Move it back to balanced and give it a try there, and then move it to the left a little until you see a change in hit speed.

What happens in the calculations is that you are never going to be faster than the cap that is put on your class/breed/game mechanics, so there is no reason to stay over to the right, and doing so will only negatively impact you.

Edit: just trying to better clear this up.

Lets say that the game allows for a 1 hit per second cap. If you can reach that by keeping the slider in the middle, moving it to the right does nothing to make you faster, and only reduces defense. If you can reach that cap by moving it to 25% left, you will gain defense.

Floob fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jan 19, 2015

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Use this http://www.unityoftherose.com/tools/aggdefcalc.htm

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

This is sick, thanks. I'm supposed to be much further into def. Probably a huge reason why I can't take hits very well.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is carbonum still the best cheap froob armor?

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

-Troika- posted:

Is carbonum still the best cheap froob armor?

I don't know... it's Stamina/Agility so it's not really suited to a MA. I used to love the steel ribbed stuff. Cyborg Death Squad Armor is also sen/agi.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Miy's melee armour is sense/agi and so is crawler. Dunno if they are no drop stuff though. It's just the stuff I have on me!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Stam is easily buffed as a froob, though. Much more easily than the other attributes, I believe. It's also hella common and pimps your NCU. The omni version gives HP (which is good) and the clan version gives nano resist (which is less useful at first but is a pretty good stat when running since it helps you resist roots)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
What are your IGN's if you are playing etc? Might be worth getting a channel up or something sine roflbot is dead.

Anyway, my IGN is Taiii (3 i's)

Implants, currently rolling with QL 90 something I think. Pretty easy to get higher QL ones at 72? Will it make much of a difference?

Tyshalob
Apr 10, 2008

om nom nom i eat ur town

Ugh you guys got me interested in playing again. IGN: Swolebro

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

Tai posted:

What are your IGN's if you are playing etc? Might be worth getting a channel up or something sine roflbot is dead.

Anyway, my IGN is Taiii (3 i's)

Implants, currently rolling with QL 90 something I think. Pretty easy to get higher QL ones at 72? Will it make much of a difference?

It should be completely in your power to put on some QL 125's with some small outside buffs. The store bought are OK, but you realy want to design your own and hire someone to build them. I have never used IGN... have to see what that is.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Floob posted:

It should be completely in your power to put on some QL 125's with some small outside buffs. The store bought are OK, but you realy want to design your own and hire someone to build them. I have never used IGN... have to see what that is.

Probably going to be a lot of words for this if you don't mind but how do I design implants and who/profession do I speak to about building them.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
IGN = ingame name.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

MrBims posted:

IGN = ingame name.

hahaha... ignore me please :)

IGN= Swiftwing (suffering some kind of crash right now whenever I jump in my yalm, but I am around.)

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Quadboxing with:

Drbims - Atrox Doc
Msbims - Opi Fixer
Masterbims - Soli Adv
Grandpabims - Nano NT

All low-level clan, non-twink froob. I can't keep track of chat very well so say here if you want to group for clan subway / totw. I can be around EST evenings and on weekends.

MrBims fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jan 19, 2015

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
So much for resisting to play this game. You all cracked and downloaded...

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka

MrBims posted:

Quadboxing with:

Drbims - Atrox Doc
Msbims - Opi Fixer
Masterbims - Soli Adv
Grandpabims - Nano NT

All low-level clan, non-twink froob. I can't keep track of chat very well so say here if you want to group for clan subway / totw. I can be around EST evenings and on weekends.

I play clan as well. I am going to try and setup a quick bot. I will report back

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Woohoo clan supremacy, let's patch this client up!

e: gently caress me my froob has this on him and I 100% forgot how to twink, how the gently caress do I get this on

Name: Oraoraora, Keelroy, Supersol

Orange DeviI fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 20, 2015

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
Has anyone tried the 'Create a Veteran Account' option from an account that does not have Legacy of Xan, or wasn't currently subscribed? I'm wondering if I can buy some Funcom Points to add to my old account that already had some, and use them to create a new account with all expansions and 60 days gametime for just 15 dollars. Sent support an email but who knows when I would receive an answer anytime soon or if they even understood my question.

Floob
Jan 28, 2005

See you on Rubi-Ka
Ok, I just setup a quick bot. To join /tell goonbot join

I may rename it something else, but for now... there you go. It's also on my main machine, so I will probably move it this weekend.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Floob posted:

Ok, I just setup a quick bot. To join /tell goonbot join

I may rename it something else, but for now... there you go. It's also on my main machine, so I will probably move it this weekend.

Getting an access denied error.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
roflbot v2 rises

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conskill
May 7, 2007

Settling for the doctor. IGN is Tamas

• Locked thread