Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

ChickenWing posted:

Yeah I should probably interact with the guild more than never

Did anyone make you a training set yet? I can do that before I log off today and mail it to you.

Just sent you some training gear in the mail. Made some junk enchants too and sent them

MF_James fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Feb 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
Requesting a goon guild invite for @fretbolt, thanks!

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

hey how do I sit down? I can't find it in controls settings

e: nvm found it

Shy fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 18, 2017

Zet
Aug 3, 2010
Just getting into this. Could I get a guild invite for @z.t

I picked up ESO Plus for the crafting bag, which of the DLCs should I get through first?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Zet posted:

Just getting into this. Could I get a guild invite for @z.t

I picked up ESO Plus for the crafting bag, which of the DLCs should I get through first?

thieve's guild and dark brotherhood you can do right out of the gate, shadows of the hist is juist dungeons and maybe 1 trial?

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

I'd suggest DB first to get Shadow Rider as early as possible.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Got the invite, thanks!

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Feb 19, 2017

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Shadows of the Hist just has 2 dungeons right? If so I think I'll skip. I was hoping for a big Argonian expansion like Orsinium but it looks like that's not the case. Sucks because I love those freaky tree lizard people. :allears:

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
If Zeni releases Murkmire proper and didn't recycle all that into Hist dungeons, you might be in luck some day. But why hope when you can have Vvardenfell sera?

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Randler posted:

I'm looking for some pointers regarding what items and stuff to go for in a stamina* based Argonian Dragon Knight that recently hit the 160 CP treshold.

I mainly want to tank but also not take ages to kill stuff when I'm doing story missions on my own. I tried to build something around two-handed sword based on presumably outdated information I could scrounge up but the damage is pretty anemic outside of charging and brawler'ing trash mobs in story missions. :smith:

* I care less about the actual gameplay stat and more about being a huge lizard with huge weapons, so if I can pull that off with Magicka, that'd be fine as well.

Honestly, I'd go magicka with the Argoon. You'll have a bigger toolbox, and even though for straight dps you'll never dps like a dunmer mag dk, a mag dk argoo tank would work, and for soloing you'd still get the mag dks awesome dps tool box. You could even dps respectively with sword and board as the best mag dk dps skills are all class based and mostly magicka. If you're sold on stam, train dual wield (make sure you take the self heal morphs of the first 2 dw skills) and medium armor and you'll do fine in solo content. If you go mag train desro staff for your back bar and the awesome ultimate. I see plenty of people wreck poo poo with the 2h but animation canceling is a must and I found it prohibitively hard to master with 2h. Animation canceling and light strike weaving are much much easier with dual wield (at least for me).

e: i should also say dw is generally better for sustain and aoe in pve and 2h is bursty and better for single target (but again ask a 2h guy about animation canceling or maybe check some video tuts on it).

sluggo is mad fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 19, 2017

Thesaurus_Rex
Feb 10, 2005
Would love a guild invite for @Rebazi.

Played when the game first came out, was disappointed. Decided to give it a try again and I like a lot of the changes. Having a blast just poking about in the early game so far.

Dazzo
Jun 22, 2006

Can I get an invite to the ebonheart guild please? My in game is @Aledazzo

vorpal
Dec 31, 2007

Woweee wow, I invited those two. ^^^

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

One of the low level Ebonheart quests tells you to find missing villagers; missing villagers are scattered across the island without specific directions so I almost hosed this up by turning the quest early. I would really rather not do that (i.e. shortcut story quests), I found all of them and got an achievement, but I was wondering if such quests are frequent and if there's a way to "fix" the progress, like by returning and completing the remaining objectives. y/n?

Other than that, I'm really enjoying the game, I made a pretty princess dark elf Templar and will follow Scyantific guideline for magicka Templar. I think my userid is a big secret!, add me pls so I could annoy you with dumb questions in game

Shy fucked around with this message at 22:11 on May 7, 2017

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So just a quick heads up: Goon House is cancelled. Mainly because I have zero interest in playing Pretty Dress-up House in an MMO where I can beat the poo poo out of streamers and wannabe PvP superstars, or do Veteran Trials.

Several others have houses that goons can use if they want to.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
I think Im gonna make everyone decorator able on my house so you can just move poo poo around and put ugly mismatched poo poo in it. The first person who hangs a DC banner in my house will get a stern talking too or something equally terrifying.

Red Herring
Apr 3, 2010

Rollersnake posted:

I'm curious, are there any builds using dual wield where two swords isn't the best weapon choice? The twin blade & blunt bonus for swords just seems too widely useful for that to ever be the case.

Axes seem great, but it only procs off light and heavy attacks.

Also, the 5% boost from swords also affects your healing.

I recently spent 350k on two spriggan axes for PvP only to find out that they don't proc off DW skills anymore, just light and heavy attacks.

sluggo is mad posted:

I think Im gonna make everyone decorator able on my house so you can just move poo poo around and put ugly mismatched poo poo in it. The first person who hangs a DC banner in my house will get a stern talking too or something equally terrifying.

I will literally put 3 million ap of DC banners to push your house to the cap, but AFAIK you can't place things from your inventory.

Hemish
Jan 25, 2005

Scyantific posted:

Aight so Magicka Templar, like Magicka Nightblade, is one of those classes that can do very well with just its class skills and nothing else. And they can work wonders with them too. Self-Heals, Debuffs, Buffs, Sustain, they have it all (well except for a source of Major Sorcery).

Levels 1-15
  • Get two Swords and a Destruction Staff. Level the Destruction Staff line enough to get your hands on the Wall of Elements skill. After that, slap it on your skill bar and equip your swords. Leaving the Wall of Elements skill on your bar actively levels your Destruction Staff line while gaining XP. DO NOT purchase any of the active skills or passive skills in the Dual Wield line until it is at Rank 41. You will only need the Twin Blade and Blunt passive from that skill line and nothing more.
  • Level as many skills from all your class lines as possible. With the exception of Healing Ritual, Eclipse, and Sun Shield if you're not going the Blaztank route, they are all good.

At level 15, pick either Resto Staff, Destro Staff, or Sword and Shield to level up.

So I restarted playing the game with a friend last weekend. My then level 29 was gimped and I forgot how to play and since I played at launch before if was F2P, well I preferred to restart.

So I rolled another Templar with the guide above. I removed the parts I understand well and only left where I have some questions.

I'm currently level 21.

In the level 1-15 section, it's saying to get Wall of Elements and slap it on my active bar. I did that, it's leveling up nicely but I couldn't use it before level 15 because I was using Dual Wield and couldn't swap from one quickslot to the next. My problem is that it says at level 15, pick Resto Staff or Destro Staff or Sword and Shield... But it says to not put point in Dual Wield until you're 41 in that skill but Sword and Shield has a skill and it won't raise Dual Wield... Why mention 41 if you never use it after level 15?

Also Wall of Elements is not even in the list of skills to morph in the quoted post.

So what I'm saying is that while I'm currently level 21, going Destro to place a Wall of Elements, switch back to Dual wield and then use my Templar skills (which I try to rotate on my bar from time to time so they all get leveled/morphed a bit) to finish things up enemies works pretty good, I have no clue how to setup my character so the leveling process is worth it. I don't want to check at level 50 builds at some point and then notice I needed one skill and now I need to grind it for 20 hours or something.

I try to keep one Medium armor item equipped so I can at least have all 3 armor skills around the same level just in case.

I need some guidance so I don't mess up again I think.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
requesting a guild invite for @Vendictus_Prime, returning to game after long layoff. Thanks

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
If I had known how smooth this runs on my laptop, I would have jumped in much earlier. But coming from LOTRO (which always put the cooling fans through the ringer) I expected EOS to run like crap because it's so shiny and pretty. Glad to be wrong. Also, I'm already considering ESO+ just for the craft bag. I'm a compulsive gatherer/harvester and having a full inventory is already annoying me at level 8. Other than that, I'm having a blast. I should probably follow some sort of class guide, but it's actually pretty fun to figure things out on the go.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Feb 20, 2017

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jack's Flow posted:

If I had known how smooth this runs on my laptop, I would have jumped in much earlier. But coming from LOTRO (which always put the cooling fans through the ringer) I expected EOS to run like crap because it's so shiny and pretty. Glad to be wrong. Also, I'm already considering ESO+ just for the craft bag. I'm a compulsive gatherer/harvester and having a full inventory is already annoying me at level 8. Other than that, I'm having a blast. I should probably follow some sort of class guide, but it's actually pretty fun to figure things out on the go.

its pretty painless and relatively easy to respec so have fun imo

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Got ESO Gold for $30 in the sale just recently, only just started playing yesterday (after purchasing the Imperial Edition ingame). This is pretty much my first time playing an Elder Scrolls game so I am pretty lost. I rolled an Imperial DK in EP so if anyone could show me the ropes/give me a guild invite that'd be great! @toledomosquito

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Hemish posted:

So I restarted playing the game with a friend last weekend. My then level 29 was gimped and I forgot how to play and since I played at launch before if was F2P, well I preferred to restart.

So I rolled another Templar with the guide above. I removed the parts I understand well and only left where I have some questions.

I'm currently level 21.

In the level 1-15 section, it's saying to get Wall of Elements and slap it on my active bar. I did that, it's leveling up nicely but I couldn't use it before level 15 because I was using Dual Wield and couldn't swap from one quickslot to the next. My problem is that it says at level 15, pick Resto Staff or Destro Staff or Sword and Shield... But it says to not put point in Dual Wield until you're 41 in that skill but Sword and Shield has a skill and it won't raise Dual Wield... Why mention 41 if you never use it after level 15?

Also Wall of Elements is not even in the list of skills to morph in the quoted post.

So what I'm saying is that while I'm currently level 21, going Destro to place a Wall of Elements, switch back to Dual wield and then use my Templar skills (which I try to rotate on my bar from time to time so they all get leveled/morphed a bit) to finish things up enemies works pretty good, I have no clue how to setup my character so the leveling process is worth it. I don't want to check at level 50 builds at some point and then notice I needed one skill and now I need to grind it for 20 hours or something.

I try to keep one Medium armor item equipped so I can at least have all 3 armor skills around the same level just in case.

I need some guidance so I don't mess up again I think.

So, any skill you want to raise the level of you obviously will have on your skill bar, this will raise the skill itself + the overall skill (like dual-wield/destruction staff/class) skill. The weapon skills will also level if you have those weapons equipped (and much faster than if you just had a single skill on your bar and not the weapons equipped). Basically, you want to run dual-wield and destro as you have been, and throw your main skills on bar 1 (dual-wield),l this is the bar you're going to kill poo poo with, and you put skills/skill lines you level with on your back bar (destro/resto/swordandboard) and you swap to that when you're turning in quests so they level.

The reason you run dual-wield on your front bar is because at level 41 (in the SKILL line, not YOUR actual level) you get a passive that increases your damage by X% (I think 5% at max level), this damage increase applies to all skills/attacks, but you're a magicka not a stamina guy, so you're not going to be using the dual wield skills, as they lean toward stamina usage. Basically, later in the game your front bar is your main damage bar and your back bar is buffs/DoTs, so you swap to the back bar for a couple seconds and then flip to the front bar to dish out the damage.

The end goal is to max your 3 class skill lines, destro, dual wield, probably resto and sword and board as well. Your armor skill lines should all be 50 at some point, this will allow you flexibility if you want.

Does this clear things up or do you have more specific questions?

*edit*

Also, once you hit 50+, grinding skills isn't hard, you can get experience VERY quickly, daily quests (especially pledges), random dungeon queue (you can queue 4 people into the random dungeon queue) gives a lot of XP the first of the day, and even crafting writs, you will likely be doing all 3 every time you play for a while as you gear/level up and it will take 1 maybe 2 sessions.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 20, 2017

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
What a good rear end write up.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Welp there was a patch this morning, it screwed up and had to repair the whole game, now when I launch there's a login error?

Tried to login again and it finally worked.

I'd like this game a lot better if it didnt take 5+ minutes every time I log in.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

got any sevens posted:

Welp there was a patch this morning, it screwed up and had to repair the whole game, now when I launch there's a login error?

Tried to login again and it finally worked.

I'd like this game a lot better if it didnt take 5+ minutes every time I log in.

I never have trouble logging in. The first time AFTER a patch will always take longer, I'm not 100% sure what it's doing, but when you load to char select (and/or from char select into the world), it's doing some sort of unpacking/caching of the patch resources, so it takes longer to load. For myself it's only like an extra minute, but my fiancee's laptop takes loving forever.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Is there a in-game limit on how many craft skills you can max?

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Jack's Flow posted:

Is there a in-game limit on how many craft skills you can max?

No, it's preferable to max all of them on one character (or all characters if you hate yourself and want to do writs on 8 characters every day :))

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

There is an in game limit on SP you can get, but it's more than enough to completely max out every single crafting skill, passives and all, and still have a fully specced character. There's, like, 381 shards or something? Not counting quest SPs.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Great, thanks guys. I'll definitely go for the craft bag then.

Also, brain fart: I rolled my Sorcerer on the EU megaserver. I'll treat it as an 8 hour tutorial I guess. Re-rolling on the NA server later today.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/323521/cyrodiil-performance-test-and-double-ap-event

Sooo many bad players about to get fuckin exposed and decimated.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

ohhhhh poo poo, gonna get my stamsorc ready for pvp and level my magplar and get him ready for pvp.

Scy, do you pvp at all with your stamsorc? Curious what to run, probably 2h/bow or 2h/2h?

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
The no cp everywhere is the greatest gift that ZOS can give. Gunna expose a lot of people.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

I only ever played in the no-CP campaign anyway. How different is it gonna be for them?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

MF_James posted:

ohhhhh poo poo, gonna get my stamsorc ready for pvp and level my magplar and get him ready for pvp.

Scy, do you pvp at all with your stamsorc? Curious what to run, probably 2h/bow or 2h/2h?

I main my StamSorc in PvP, but not as a DPS. I main it as a Negate-dispensing tank. Froid is probably a better person to ask for DPS Sorc advice in PvP considering his first reign as emp was as a StamSorc.

I run a completely different build that I haven't shared with anyone yet, mainly because I don't want that poo poo to end up on a Fengrush or SypherPK video (no, it's not Orgnum's + Dragonguard + Troll King, or Tava's + Dragonguard + Bloodspawn)

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Time to learn how to PvP. :getin:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I am thoroughly enjoying the meltdowns on their forums about NO-CP PvP for ONE WEEK.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
So basically they're saying that the computations going on behind the scenes are killing performance in Cyrodiil? Get rid of CP in PVP, who cares? Azura's is far more fun than any of the other campaigns.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

PvP guild is going to make an excursion into Trueflame next week to farm idiots. So Goon PvP will probably be on hold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

PVP pubbie tears are a joy to behold.