Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
The Vikings fan in me wants the Packers to get the beating they so richly deserve.

But I still hate the Niners for beating us.

I'm rooting for a national emergency that cancels the Super Bowl, that way nobody wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Eulogistics posted:

Not a single post about the NFC game? Am I the only 49ers fan here?

I've hated the 9ers since the mid 90s. I'm gonna end up rooting for a loving AFC team this year and I am not happy about it.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

BigDave posted:

The Vikings fan in me wants the Packers to get the beating they so richly deserve.

But I still hate the Niners for beating us.

I'm rooting for a national emergency that cancels the Super Bowl, that way nobody wins.

That's crazy I actually hate all the teams you mentioned

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
gently caress the Niners.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Probably gonna root for the 9ers from here on out because Robbie F Gould deserves a ring.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Go Niners.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

go chiefs

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Probably gonna root for the 9ers from here on out because Robbie F Gould deserves a ring.

Pro Gould Crew

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Get hosed packers

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Second half was a hell of a lot more entertaining than it should have been. Glad I stayed with it.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

bloops posted:

Get hosed packers

lovely loss, still better than the Bears. :smug:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Bears are trash too. This city needs to move on from the 85 team.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I like how local Chicago TV trots out stories about the 85 Bears at the start of every NFL season.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Schilling, Clemens, and Bonds not getting into the HOF is very chef's-kiss

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gently caress schilling the most of em

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

rub some more ketchup on your socks you scheming gently caress

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

rub some more ketchup on your socks you scheming gently caress

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

colachute posted:

Schilling, Clemens, and Bonds not getting into the HOF is very chef's-kiss

Good, gently caress Schilling.

Also
https://twitter.com/GrittyNHL/status/1219826499852865537

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

gently caress clemens too bc yeah but at least he didnt gently caress RI for 50 million dollars of taxpayer money to make his Dragon Age fanfic knockoff

gently caress Schilling

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

gently caress clemens too bc yeah but at least he didnt gently caress RI for 50 million dollars of taxpayer money to make his Dragon Age fanfic knockoff

gently caress Schilling

Don't even get me started on that poo poo. I knew multiple people at 38 studios as well as people working for the state when that whole thing went down.

I think the only unanimous feeling years later is that Schilling is an rear end in a top hat and he managed to make even die hard red Sox fans hate him for the bullshit he pulled.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i knew a couple people too

gently caress him so hard, hope he never gets in

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Eli Manning planning on announcing his retirement by Friday.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I expected him to wait until closer to training camp but otherwise, not a surprise.

It was (mostly) a good run.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
And Antonio Brown's saga keeps on keeping on

From NBC Sports

quote:

He can hide, but he can’t run.

An arrest warrant has been issued for free-agent receiver Antonio Brown, via Andy Slater of FOX Sports 640. Brown faces charges of burglary with battery.

The warrant arises from a Tuesday incident during which Brown refused to pay the driver of a moving truck for delivering property from California. Brown allegedly threw a rock at the truck as the driver left with the property. Then, when the moving company informed the driver to return after Brown supposedly agreed to pay the $4,000 plus an extra $860, Brown allegedly refused to pay more than $4,000, allegedly battered the driver, and allegedly removed his property from the truck after Glenn Holt, who already has been arrested, took the keys and opened the doors to the truck.

Slater adds that “there is no bond,” but that’s presumably a decision that would be made by a judge after Brown is arrested and processed.

Either way, Brown faces a serious legal problem. And the fact that a warrant has been issued means that locking himself in his house no longer will work. If he doesn’t voluntarily come out, the police will be going in.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
There’s no bond because he’s charged with a punishable by life felony.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
The burglary for breaking into the truck, the assault for rock tossing, the actual battery, or the theft of services?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Syrian Lannister posted:

The burglary for breaking into the truck, the assault for rock tossing, the actual battery, or the theft of services?

At some point, Brown and his trainer allegedly entered into the vehicle of the other person with the intent to commit and offense. That’s the burglary portion.

It gets enhanced because during the process, someone was assaulted or battered.

A PBL felony is second only to a capital (punishable by death) felony in Florida. For example, hypothetically, you are a passenger in a car and get rear ended at a stop light. If you walk to the car that hit you and reach in the window to tell the driver you’re going to beat their rear end (assault) or slap the driver (battery), then you have committed a serious violent felony and will be charged with a PBL felony with no bond (if you’re black).

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
So he paid the $4000 he owed and had to retrieve his own property because they wanted an extra $860? This article sucks at describing a coherent narrative.

Found some other articles. Sounds like exactly what I thought, AB paid the cost for the delivery, but the driver refused to unload anything without him first paying $860 for a paint chip caused by him throwing a rock. Sounds like everyone involved loving sucks.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jan 23, 2020

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Eat poo poo, Niners.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Naked Bear posted:

Eat poo poo, Niners.

:yeshaha:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?

Sugartime Jones
Phillip Rivers was cut from the Chargers

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Syrian Lannister posted:

Phillip Rivers was cut from the Chargers

Nah. His contract was up. They're not franchising or resigning him.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

This came back into my YT recommendation recent and is timely

https://youtu.be/UAL5X3TRA2A

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

He's been dropping hints since midway through the season. Dude moved out of the state before the regular season even ended.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

butts please come back soon spring training is around the corner and i nedd to laugh at baseball gifs with somebody

https://i.imgur.com/cTUQ3oY.mp4

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I’ve been offered a coaching position for the national team for Warrior Games. It should be great but I’ve only coached university teams before so I’m not sure of the best way to get the skill set. I’ve been to coaching conferences and have the national certification but this is a bit intimidating.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/DannyDeraney/status/1231411274543595520?s=20

Carolina emergency goalie comes in and holds the win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I need to watch more hockey because stories like this show that it is objectively the best sport.