Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

Brave weapons are loving brutal with a Dancer.

And what's even better with a Dancer? Lissa's weapon that lowers move speed. Kite melee with no fear of reprisal, ever.

You know what's even better? Brave Weapon + Dancer + GALEFORCE + Pass. Everything dies, and the healers can not be protected by your meatshields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Are there any dudes that get both galeforce and pass? One of the pegs maybe?

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I dunno if anyone else in this thread has noticed yet, but apparently surrendering a map will reseed a character's level ups.

To elaborate, Barst got an empty level but died on the same map. Normally, this means he rolls back to his level before the map, but the next time he levels up, he'll get an empty one again. But! I tried another map, hosed it up, and surrendered. Then, the map after that, Barst leveled up and gained a point in speed.

It seems like if you get a lovely or empty level, you can surrender (maybe getting the character killed and succeeding on the current map is a prerequisite?) and then reroll that level.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How rare are flying units? I'm making good progress on the Hard difficulty february quests but I haven't summoned a single flyer yet and you need one for one of the quests.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Why are you comparing an event in in a game already established for a year to a game's first day.

Because mobile gaming has exploded since then?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

Are there any dudes that get both galeforce and pass? One of the pegs maybe?

5* Cordelia, plus Triangle Adept as an option.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
So i started out yesterday and got a 4* Robin and 4* Cain. Got up to 20 orbs and got a 5* Robin now. What do i do with my 4*, can i feed him to my 5* with no repercussions, or will that do nothing? Or should i just hold onto him?

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

The Jumpoff posted:

So i started out yesterday and got a 4* Robin and 4* Cain. Got up to 20 orbs and got a 5* Robin now. What do i do with my 4*, can i feed him to my 5* with no repercussions, or will that do nothing? Or should i just hold onto him?

Pretend you're Batman and make a team of various Robins.

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

my abel was losing to my healer in attack with their weapons and then i noticed shes just better than him in almost every way

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
Almost up to enough orbs for my third 5-pull. They seem pretty hard to come by though (or I've been spoiled rotten by Record Keeper), so should I drop them now or hoard them for a future banner?

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

maria has the best the second best defence of my units outside of a pegasus knight who beats her by 2

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Abel is very bad.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

So what was the bonus people who voted got?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Almost up to enough orbs for my third 5-pull. They seem pretty hard to come by though (or I've been spoiled rotten by Record Keeper), so should I drop them now or hoard them for a future banner?

I'm saving mine now that I have a functional team, though I don't have much gacha experience.

One thing that bothers me about pulling is the lack of control over colours. The game really wants to shovel Green units on me, and I have more enough of them now. In contrast, I have exactly two Blue units in my entire roster, one of which is the freebie, but I don't want to spend orbs to try to remedy that because I have to spend 5 just to see which 5 colours I can pick from, and it's far from impossible that I'm offered no Blues yet again.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

AlphaKretin posted:

I'm saving mine now that I have a functional team, though I don't have much gacha experience.

One thing that bothers me about pulling is the lack of control over colours. The game really wants to shovel Green units on me, and I have more enough of them now. In contrast, I have exactly two Blue units in my entire roster, one of which is the freebie, but I don't want to spend orbs to try to remedy that because I have to spend 5 just to see which 5 colours I can pick from, and it's far from impossible that I'm offered no Blues yet again.

Yeah. You kind of have to forfeit your bonus unit if you want to try for a better color grid. It's definitely an interesting system, to say the least.

I'm pretty well versed in gacha games, but usually power creep kicks in after a few months and everything you pull down the line completely outclasses anything you'd pull now. On the other hand, I only have one 5* and could really use any sort of healer, so I'm torn.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

Abel is very bad.

My 5 star is an Abel, homie is a god damned wrecking ball against sword users. Gets x4 attack on the defense.

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
:siren: If you link your nintendo account, you can get a free 10 orbs from the fountain. Click on the symbol in the top right.

Used em to pull a Takumi :getin:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.
Well I just pull Marth after finishing the prologue, which I assume is good. I guess I'm obligated to keep playing now XD

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:golfclap:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Yeah. You kind of have to forfeit your bonus unit if you want to try for a better color grid. It's definitely an interesting system, to say the least.

I've already given up pulling grey, even for 3 orbs.

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.
Man, how much of a pain in the rear end is it gonna be if I want to actually take Anna up to say, 4*?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

How many orbs do you need to unlock a full grid?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Detective No. 27 posted:

How many orbs do you need to unlock a full grid?

5 +4+4+4+3

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
I love that so far, Veronica has been going around kicking everyones rear end, and forcing them to fight for her, except for Chrom and his Shepards. She just kind of told them "Hey, some rude people are coming your way, you should fight them." and they apparently just went "OKAY! :)"

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
So when I reroll do I just use all 5 orbs and hope for a 5 star? Because that's what I've been doing.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I, uh, kinda lied when I said I uninstalled the game :shobon:

I witnessed Hector slaughter his own daughter today. Cold-blooded...

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Lynkericious posted:

I love that so far, Veronica has been going around kicking everyones rear end, and forcing them to fight for her, except for Chrom and his Shepards. She just kind of told them "Hey, some rude people are coming your way, you should fight them." and they apparently just went "OKAY! :)"

That's about as much lore as an FE game needs tbh. All that waifu garbage they added in the recent games can gently caress right off imho

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

That's about as much lore as an FE game needs tbh. All that waifu garbage they added in the recent games can gently caress right off imho

Fire emblem would be a dead series without the waifu garbage

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Conquest is also better gameplay than most of the FE games

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Terper posted:

it's strong

Heroes and Clash Royale had the same amount of day 1 downloads too, at 2m

There aren't nearly as many hooks in FE Heroes as games like Clash Royale, so that daily number's going to drop off, then probably spike when the next banners come around.

Eopia posted:

Since I didn't see anyone respond to this... After 5 whiffs on the Legendary Heroes banner the odds are currently: 5* Focus 3.25% 5* 3.25% 4* 35.81% 3* 57.69%. On Deep Devotion with 20 whiffs (yes, I have exhausted my sources of free orbs why do you ask) the odds are current 5* Focus 4.00% 5* 4.00% 4* 35.23% 3* 56.77%

Only the first pull from the batch boosts the rates for 5* units. The 4-4-4-3 cost pulls don't affect it. My guess is that all 5 characters are selected immediately, so it's probably possible to packet sniff or something to find out the 5 characters before opening them (and get banned if they detect it, I'd imagine).

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Tae posted:

Conquest is also better gameplay than most of the FE games

The series peaked with Marty imo

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I mean lots of FE fans legit say the series stopped being good once it reached the GBA

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Tae posted:

I mean lots of FE fans legit say the series stopped being good once it reached the GBA

How wrong is one person capable of being?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Tae posted:

A dozen or so basement virgins on Serenes don't really count as "lots" tbh.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I pulled a 5* Robin and 4* Caeda. Should I stick with this?

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Agoat posted:

I pulled a 5* Robin and 4* Caeda. Should I stick with this?

Probably. Unless you reaaaaally give a poo poo about getting a specific character stopping when you get a 5* character is the way to keep your sanity.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Tomie knows me posted:

Probably. Unless you reaaaaally give a poo poo about getting a specific character stopping when you get a 5* character is the way to keep your sanity.

I just wanted to get a cool guy from the start. Plus its a Smash character, so that owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I have a potentially dumb question - I'm using Maria as my healer and she has Physic equipped. In the skill description it says "Heals 8HP to target and all allies within two spaces of that target."

How do I get the splash heal to proc? Every time I heal with her she just heals the main target and no one else. Is there something specific you have to do to use that ability?