Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

The horns make me thing Nurgle, but the body doesn't seem rotund enough. the body and limbs look dwarf-shaped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Pyrolocutus posted:

What are the good AoS books, anyways (dead tree form ones)?

Spear of Shadows is really good, as is basically anything by Josh Reynalds as the dude just gets how to make AoS compelling. City of Secrets is a good short read as well.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

GW released an Xmas video with some new figures in it - https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/12/25/on-the-first-day-of-christmas-nurgle-gave-to-megw-homepage-post-3/

Blight Tree, Plaguebearer characters, Beasts of Nurgle, Drone Riders, GUO.

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Dec 25, 2017

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

GUO looks really good!

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash
Man those kids are gonna be bullied mercilessly lol

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
They're in the school choir, they're already there.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I hope that book doesn't write out Epidemius like I feel it will.

But on the other hand, I am ready for more nurgle love. Just gonna use my Exalted as a proxy for big boy at first I think, too much stuff to buy and I am a poor student

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

berzerkmonkey posted:

Based on the latest Malign Portents video, if we're lucky, pirate skeletons with flying ghost ships would be right on point.

Please tell me this happens. I’ve been trying to get into AoS and have the death Start Collecting box, but damnit if I can have ghost pirates and the Flying Dutchman I’d be so happy. :allears:

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Black_Nexus posted:

I hope that book doesn't write out Epidemius like I feel it will.

But on the other hand, I am ready for more nurgle love. Just gonna use my Exalted as a proxy for big boy at first I think, too much stuff to buy and I am a poor student

It finally happened.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
Got caught looking at Sylvaneth stuff while trying to convince myself not to succumb to AoS, but got gifted a box of Tree-Revenants anyways.

Not sure how I wanna build them or where I wanna go next, but i really like the Sylvaneth Aesthetic.

Pyronic fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 26, 2017

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I just dug up my old 40k models and have a bunch of Daemons I am hoping to use for Age of Sigmar. I have 20 or so Pink Hororrs, 10 Bloodletters, an Ogroid Thaumaturge 3 Flamers and 3 Screamers. and a Tzeentch Herald on Disc. How close am I to getting something playable? Daemons seems to be split up into Warscrolls now am I gonna have to buy more horrors?

the warscroll for pink horrors doesn't mention anything rules wise about pink horrors splitting into blue horrors is that just a fluff thing now?

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

Gay Horney posted:

the warscroll for pink horrors doesn't mention anything rules wise about pink horrors splitting into blue horrors is that just a fluff thing now?

It's on the warscroll for Blue Horrors, and the rules for splitting blues is on the Brimstone scroll.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
What did everyone get for Xmas? I got a Tzeentch Magister and a Gaunt Summoner and a voucher I’ll put towards some Tzaangor on discs

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

More pics of the new GUO from Warhammer Community

Last one is a new special character called Rotigus. I guess he's a replacement for Kugath who will be getting removed from the rules at some point.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Zark the Damned posted:

Last one is a new special character called Rotigus. I guess he's a replacement for Kugath who will be getting removed from the rules at some point.

Kugath had a role in the books recently so thats a bit odd.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Also, new Champion and Wizard nurglings with the GUO.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

Also, new Champion and Wizard nurglings with the GUO.

Those new nurglings look amazing, love the little bastards

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
So has anyone done an entirely Nurgling army yet?

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Thundercloud posted:

So has anyone done an entirely Nurgling army yet?

They are awful sadly, and also not battleline.

I'd likely find a use for 3 if they were battleline

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

I mean using the various character nurglings as counts as.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Brotherly Love:allears:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Nurgle's Garden: When you're here, you're family!

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Guess that seals it then - Nurgle / Death 2018!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Recently got Start Collecting Skeletons and was wondering, which Mortarch should I make.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

MonsterEnvy posted:

Recently got Start Collecting Skeletons and was wondering, which Mortarch should I make.

All of them.

Mannfred looks coolest.
Also probably synergizes best with the rest of the box?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

mango sentinel posted:

All of them.

Mannfred looks coolest.
Also probably synergizes best with the rest of the box?

I plan to get all of them eventually. Mainly just wondering who to start with.

For those somehow unfamiliar these are all three.

Neferata

Mannfred

Arkhan the Black

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
To elaborate, Arkhan synergizes with having other Death Wizards. Neferata has an aura which reduces enemy hit rolls by 1 and she can also vampirize enemy heroes into Vampire Lords (models you don't have.) Mannfred has an aura to reroll 1s on hit and wound for all your skeleton buddies.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

mango sentinel posted:

To elaborate, Arkhan synergizes with having other Death Wizards. Neferata has an aura which reduces enemy hit rolls by 1 and she can also vampirize enemy heroes into Vampire Lords (models you don't have.) Mannfred has an aura to reroll 1s on hit and wound for all your skeleton buddies.

Yeah so Mannfred would be best for now as I don't have any other Death Wizards.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Zark the Damned posted:

these guys look cross and not jolly

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Pyronic posted:

Got caught looking at Sylvaneth stuff while trying to convince myself not to succumb to AoS, but got gifted a box of Tree-Revenants anyways.

Not sure how I wanna build them or where I wanna go next, but i really like the Sylvaneth Aesthetic.

Correction: My girlfriend got me Tree-Revenants AND a box of Dryads after watching me oggle them online and stare wistfully while at the LGS, anyone got good recommendations for tutorial videos or Sylvaneth strategy type stuff? I'll have time to watch quite a bit while putting these together and figuring out what I'll wanna get next (Spirit of Durthu and Kurnoth Hunters look sweet.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

these guys look cross and not jolly

The Middle one looks cross. But how can you not see the top one as jolly, look at his huge grin.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

MonsterEnvy posted:

Wait until we see what's going on with the upcoming Death release.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Arkhan the Black looks the coolest, by far.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

New Nurgle dude's up

Apparently tomorrow introduces the Pusgoyle Blightlords which I'm assuming are those Blight King like fellas on giant flies.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Lord_Hambrose posted:

He doesn't beat out Mannfred riding Bahamut from Final Fantasy.

Though since the wizard is the identifiable part nothing to stop you from putting Arkhan on Bahamut.

And from I remember from the kit the riders are pretty interchangeable. Build the dragon how you like and just swap the wizards out as needed.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 28, 2017

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Just build everyone as Arkhan on Mannfred's mount.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I am actually pretty interested in Ghost Pirates, so hopefully they will get some neat stuff.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

New floaty bloatmans:

Ghost pirates would be cool, maybe they can recycle the old Sartosan fluff into AOS.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Ghost pirates would get me to buy AoS minis if they didn't suck.

I think I've got a Nurgle Demon army for AoS on the basis of having Nurgle Demons to support my Deathguard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Thundercloud posted:

Ghost pirates would get me to buy AoS minis if they didn't suck.

I think I've got a Nurgle Demon army for AoS on the basis of having Nurgle Demons to support my Deathguard.

I will join you soon on the basis of building death guard and thinking the new nurgle daemons own bones

• Locked thread