Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Cue people calling him Beijing Bill and the LNP winning the next election

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Visidan posted:

5% swing to labor, not enough for bennelong

I didn't want Bennelong anyway. :colbert:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Nobody does

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Build a wall around NSW and make them pay for it

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

NTRabbit posted:

QLD too while we're at it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

NTRabbit posted:

How about this?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Eddie Obeid

NSW Remembers

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Doctor Spaceman posted:

How about this?

I really like Pacific Rim but ffffff that's a terrible composite. The resolution and dof on the wall makes it look so fake and why the gently caress is it running under the bridge? Is it to protect Circular Key from the North Shore?

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

hiddenmovement posted:

I really like Pacific Rim but ffffff that's a terrible composite. The resolution and dof on the wall makes it look so fake and why the gently caress is it running under the bridge? Is it to protect Circular Key from the North Shore?

The North Shore is a completely abandoned nuclear wasteland in the back story

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKTG5BuNZpQ

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
http://www.theage.com.au/national/investigations/secret-woolworths-deal-with-shoppies-union-cuts-wages-20171216-h05t1p.html
The SDA and Fair Work have outdone themselves. New deal for workers at Woolies online distribution centres not only cuts already low wages, but compels employees to keep their rates confidential :psyduck:

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Call me crazy but that sort of sounds like the exact opposite of what a union should be doing.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I am surprised the SDA are poo poo

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Solemn Sloth posted:

http://www.theage.com.au/national/investigations/secret-woolworths-deal-with-shoppies-union-cuts-wages-20171216-h05t1p.html
The SDA and Fair Work have outdone themselves. New deal for workers at Woolies online distribution centres not only cuts already low wages, but compels employees to keep their rates confidential :psyduck:

Burn it down. Burn it all down.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Is it legal to have a contract where you're not allowed to disclose what your paid?

That seems like it should be illegal.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Legality doesn’t have a strong influence on sda contracts historically.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

hooman posted:

Is it legal to have a contract where you're not allowed to disclose what your paid?

Yeah you can but it's not something an EBA should ever, ever have because the entire purpose of it is transparency.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

more like enterprise bargaining chip on their shoulder

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

hooman posted:

Can really help with a mortgage application.

Ffs You Had One Job:

The loving West Arsetralian posted:

Bennelong by-election: John Alexander’s win marred by bizarre joke about disabled people News Corp and AAP Sunday, 17 December 2017 2:44AM

John Alexander has emerged from the citizenship drama to claim back to the seat of Bennelong for the Liberal Party. The Turnbull government has retained its one-seat majority after John Alexander won back the Sydney seat of Bennelong, despite a swing against him following a bitterly fought campaign. But Alexander shocked with a bizarre joke during his victory speech, appearing to suggest he has "more pride" than the disabled. With Turnbull at his side, Alexander told an anecdote about his former career as a professional tennis player - a career that came to an end due to a back injury. "I was eligible for the disabled sticker on my car! The doctor at the time said, ’You have eligibility for a disabled sticker.’ I said, ’I still have some pride.’ That was before I entered politics!"

Sky News presenters covering the outcome of the election suggested Alexander would surely apologise before too long - and his comments have already drawn condemnation: Mr Alexander’s victory against Labor’s star candidate, former NSW premier Kristina Keneally, will come as a relief to Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull. The Liberal Party will retain the seat with a margin of 9.7 per cent, despite a swing against Alexander of around 5 per cent. "There is no sign of a swing larger than that or significantly larger than that which could endanger the Liberal Party holding the seat and John Alexander will be re-elected," ABC election analyst Antony Green said. Former Liberal senator Cory Bernardi’s new party, Australian Conservatives is running a candidate, who has attracted around 4.7 per cent of the primary vote. It appears most of Joram Richa’s preferences have gone to Mr Alexander. The by-election in the northwestern suburban electorate in Sydney was called after Mr Alexander resigned from parliament after he suspected he was a dual citizen.

Saturday’s by-election became a tight contest after Labor took up the fight for the seat by selecting former NSW premier Ms Keneally, and throwing big names and resources into its campaign. But the by-election was lesss about the candidates, and more about the future of the Turnbull government and Malcolm Turnbull’s leadership. A Liberal loss would have left the government with 75 seats, meaning the coalition would no longer have a majority in the House of Representatives. But it would still be able to govern with crossbencher Cathy McGowan guaranteeing confidence and supply.

Both Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull and Opposition Leader Bill Shorten were at polling booths in the Sydney electorate today, joined by a swathe of high-profile politicians. Treasurer Scott Morrison, Defence Industry Minister Christopher Pyne and Defence Minister Marise Payne were out supporting Liberal candidate John Alexander in the northwestern suburban electorate. Senator Payne, who described Mr Alexander as "a great friend", handed out how- to-vote cards at a local school in the morning. Meanwhile, Mr Shorten was joined by opposition infrastructure spokesman Anthony Albanese to campaign with Labor’s star candidate Kristina Keneally. Australian Conservatives leader Cory Bernardi visited Epping Public School with candidate Joram Richa, where the pair were confronted by a transgender woman.

"I’m not what you guys think -- all you religious nuts," said the woman, who introduced herself as Julia. Senator Bernardi told reporters he hoped his party garnered enough votes to impact the outcome of the election. The month-long campaign turned dirty in its final week as polls suggesting the two candidates were neck and neck. While Labor had sought to redefine Saturday’s poll as a referendum on Mr Turnbull’s leadership, the Liberals worked hard to remind voters of Ms Keneally’s past as NSW premier and her links to corrupt state MPs such as Eddie Obeid.

Harry Johnson, 31, told AAP the Liberals’ smear campaign against Ms Keneally had influenced him to vote for Mr Alexander. "It was a little bit malicious but it does have an effect on people and it does swap people’s thinking, so I suppose it did work to a degree, on me at least," Mr Johnson said. James Stewart and his wife Carol told AAP they voted for Ms Keneally because they hoped she would help resolve issues with parking and footpaths in North Ryde. They were also unhappy with the performances of Mr Alexander and the prime minister, with Mr Stewart saying the same-sex marriage postal vote, which he considered unnecessary, was another issue that helped sway his decision. Mr Turnbull acknowledged it was a "very, very close contest" when he and Mr Alexander met with voters at Gladesville Public School. "Australia’s security and prosperity depends on John Alexander being back part of our government, delivering more than 1000 jobs a day," he said. Mr Shorten, who joined Ms Keneally at Ryde East Public School, said the election was an opportunity to send the Turnbull government a message. "We know this government is out of touch, and here in Bennelong the people have a chance to say ’pull your socks up, mate’."

The by-election was called after Mr Alexander resigned from parliament after he suspected he was a dual citizen. A Galaxy poll published in The Daily Telegraph had forecast a close result, with Mr Alexander holding a narrow 51-49 two-party lead over his Labor rival. Mr Turnbull acknowledged it was a "very, very close contest" when he and Liberal candidate John Alexander met with voters at Gladesville Public School. "Australia’s security and prosperity depends on John Alexander being back part of our government, delivering more than 1000 jobs a day," he said.

Christmas claims it's first mass victims:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-17/balcony-collapse-doncaster-east-tupperware-christmas-party/9266132

Maybe if they had gone a little lighter on the decorations and worn helmets.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cartoon posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-17/balcony-collapse-doncaster-east-tupperware-christmas-party/9266132

Tupperware claims yet more victims.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Cartoon posted:

welp, someone's getting sued

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Gihren did nothing wrong.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Cartoon posted:

I can't tell, was this Christmas or Christmas' enemies, the Holidays, declaring war?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
SDA (Shady Deals Association)

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Before Times posted:

welp, someone's getting sued

Builders don't have professional indemnity insurance in victoria, so step on up building surveyor!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Solemn Sloth posted:

Builders don't have professional indemnity insurance in victoria, so step on up building surveyor!

If it's sufficiently old the question of maintenance will come up too.

I mean I have no idea, not a builder or anything but that house looks like a 70s or 80s brick job. 30 or 40 years of rust on fittings maybe?

Actually if that's the case then we are going to have a shitload of decaying "new looking" houses around this country soon.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 17, 2017

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I have a feeling the actual answer is going to be there should never have been two dozen people, a barbecue and a fridge on the balcony at the same time tbh

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Australian federal police have arrested a man in Sydney over allegedly acting as an economic agent for North Korea, attempting to sell missile components and coal on the international black market.

Choi Han Chan, a 59-year-old man from Sydney’s Eastwood, allegedly breached United Nations sanctions and Australian federal law, and has been charged with brokering sales and discussing the supply of weapons of mass destruction.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/dec/17/australian-police-charge-man-with-acting-as-economic-agent-for-north-korea

Even the Feds think coal is bad

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKHiQrQ2NW8

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Solemn Sloth posted:

Everyone already knows the Shoppies are poo poo, but it does also bear reminding that Fair Work are just federal level human resources.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Verdict: Death by guillotine

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Gorilla Salad posted:

Everyone already knows the Shoppies are poo poo, but it does also bear reminding that Fair Work are just federal level human resources.

Hasnt Fair Work been stacked with LNP stooges as well?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

NPR Journalizard posted:

Hasnt Fair Work been stacked with LNP stooges as well?

Every federal body, yes.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Presumably when Beijing Bill gets in he will stack it with Union thugs who wheel out the guillotine after every phone call.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Anidav posted:

Presumably when Beijing Bill gets in he will stack it with Union thugs who wheel out the guillotine after every phone call.

This but unironically

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Pull a Barnaby and relocate the stooge jobs to Alice Springs with dial up internet. They're welcome to keep them, or to resign and seek employment elsewhere of course.

BYO air conditioning.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Anidav posted:

Good

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Solemn Sloth posted:

I have a feeling the actual answer is going to be there should never have been two dozen people, a barbecue and a fridge on the balcony at the same time tbh

yeah this will be the answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

NTRabbit posted:

The Australian federal police have arrested a man in Sydney over allegedly acting as an economic agent for North Korea, attempting to sell missile components and coal on the international black market.

Choi Han Chan, a 59-year-old man from Sydney’s Eastwood, allegedly breached United Nations sanctions and Australian federal law, and has been charged with brokering sales and discussing the supply of weapons of mass destruction.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/dec/17/australian-police-charge-man-with-acting-as-economic-agent-for-north-korea

Even the Feds think coal is bad

This is kind of huge news

Australian Federal Police Assistant Commissioner Neil Gaughan said the man had been acting "to serve some higher patriotic purpose" to raise funds for the North Korean regime and, if his attempted transactions had been successful, could have raised tens of millions of dollars.

"This case is like nothing we have ever seen on Australian soil," AFP Assistant Commissioner Neil Gaughan said.

The attempted transactions related to sale of missile guidance systems and other missile componentry, and to the sale of coal, to third parties in Indonesia and Vietnam.

He said it was believed the man had been in contact with high-ranking North Korean officials but gave no other details of how or when the man was recruited as a North Korean economic agent.

"I know these charges sound alarming. Let me be clear we are not suggesting there are any weapons or missile componentry that ever came to Australian soil, nor that we believed that we identified any immediate threat to the Australian community."

The allegation in relation to the missile componentry is that the man participated in discussions about the provision of the componentry, which assists in the guidance of ballistic missiles, from North Korea to other entities.

"This man was acting as a loyal agent for North Korea.

"The evidence suggests there had been contact with high-ranking officials in North Korea," he said.

• Locked thread