Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Needing the money seems to get people voted out in the late game. You also get champions of the homeless like Dream-zee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

garthoneeye posted:

I’m not sure I agree that Ken waited too long. Ken turning on David earlier just decreased his chance of being in the final tribal council without really increasing his chances of winning. I think Ken’s problem was 1) not being particularly sociable or outgoing which made it hard for the other player’s to really like him and 2) being in a season where everyone wanted to be seen as making big moves. I mean the jury of Millennials vs Gen X was weird because the winner argued that he split the middle between old school loyal Ken and new school voting block Hannah when all 3 voting histories were identical except for Hannah being on the other end of a split vote and Adam turning on David one vote earlier.

As I recall, Ken also tried playing the Loyalty card as his primary move and that is most certainly not going to work when you booted your main ally.

It doesn't work even if you bring that ally to the end, but in Ken's case it just gave the jury ammo against him.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It's time for Wednesday Night Wardog!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

just tuned in what I miss

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Lone Goat posted:

Wardog spoke to Gavin "like a dog", "like a dog", "like a dog", or, alternatively, "like he was ten years old, and it really hurt his feelings".

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Lone Goat posted:

Wardog poo poo talking Gavin. Gavin confessional. Gavin said to [Julie?] he was holding Aurora's extra vote to show he was reliable.

Strong Gavin presence makes me think he's gone.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

drat. Lost track of time and missed the fallout from Tribal.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Swimdog he aint

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?
Yeah, you'd think you would brush up on your swimming before an island Survivor.

Except Aurora, none of these people can swim well.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol Gavin failing over and over again owns so much

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Devons > Gevon

Hahaha Ron's heroic loser dive home

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Its hilarious that Reem is still here

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Midnightghoul posted:

Its hilarious that Reem is still here

getting that winner's edit

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I want Reem being salty to everyone after they get evicted and are whining every season.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I hope Reem comes back on another season and is immediately voted onto edge of extinction again

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Reem should replace Jeff.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Ideally Reem wins the back in challenge and she becomes a mega goat that nobody knows or cares about and all want to take to the end

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Reem just lives there, even today. Next season she is just part of the game, not a player, but a challenge.

Also, I wonder if ponderosa is just expensive and they figured they could save on all that expense if everyone just deuces out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Reem should replace Jeff.

Nah, its just an addition to the tribals like Chrissy Teigan or Andy Richter.

Eliza sits there bugging her eyes out.
James laughs at you.
Reem tells you to suck it up because you suck worse.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Reem should be at the fork in the road and you have to spend a whole day with just her. If you survive, you stay in the game. Or you can walk out and leave the game permanently.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I love when people turn their heads continuously while swimming despite not actually putting their face in the water.

edit - I'm a bit behind the live feed.

edit 2 - cue shot of Aurora keeping her face in the water for like 3 or 4 strokes

TMMadman fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 25, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"For a moment I considered keeping the extra vote from the person I choose to keep in the game. Then I realized that would be really stupid and would probably backfire amazingly so I changed my mind."

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The rising tide challenge but instead it's Reem getting closer and closer.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Heaven is getting mud rubbed on you by Wardog in Fiji.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Devins: "I could take this opportunity to talk game with the girls but they're not playing, they're just passengers."

Ruh roh.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I think with two groups independently deciding on Devenz means Devance will somehow survive this vote.

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?
This challenge has Devens written all over it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't pretend to actually have any idea what this crew will do. I half expect Lauren to go home because no one's mentioned her.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gavin catching hard fails all night

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Holy poo poo that pan to Wardog's puzzle pieces. :lol:

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

:lol: That last shot of Wardog with the mess of puzzle pieces

e: ya got me

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

lol what the hell is La Cheeserie?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Lone Goat posted:

lol what the hell is La Cheeserie?
Tony Kornheiser radio show thing.

quote:

La Cheeserie!: A reference to the cheese counter in Calvert Woodley Wines & Spirits in Washington, DC. Owned by the family of regular show guest Steve Sands, Littles started yelling it at Sands at golf tournaments around the world. People also began to yell it after golfers' shots, hoping to be heard on TV. The most notable was a cry of La Cheeserie! being heard live on TV during the 2016 Olympics golf tournament in Rio. Today, it is frequently yelled by fans to all show regulars, not just Sands, as a way for Loyal Littles to identify themselves to Bigs.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

is that like a weird rear end golf version of baba booey?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I sort of understand why Lauren thinks "Well, Wardog's kinda been my ally all season so it would be better if I keep him around even if everyone else wants him gone."

But also... uhhh... Lauren, have you been paying attention to what KIND of ally Wardog's been?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

what's with this music

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

talking to and talking at is the same thing Gavin

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its always good when you're saying a fellow player "had the audacity" to say something.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

gj blowing up your own alliance last week I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I feel like I'm the only person in the thread who was satisfied at that.

I mean, not as satisfied as Wentworth. But who could be?