Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did this show go up or down in viewers?
This poll is closed.
Up 79 67.52%
Down 38 32.48%
Total: 117 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i do not think he is that bad as long as you are not married to him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I forgot that tonights show is going to be in Philly, so the crowd is going to be crazy all night long.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Dark Order are good, and all of you are just mean. They just need to wrestle a team that arent The Best Friends and theyll show everyone how good they are. They are up there with reDRagon and the Lucha Bros as the Bucks best opponents.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Spooky Perverts are the coolests.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

History Comes Inside! posted:

Bret Hart was also obsessed with pissing in that book.

Like multiple stories about people pissing or pissing on things or other people or pissing together.

I still don't understand how the Pisscast never got him on a single episode.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Defiance Industries posted:

I still don't understand how the Pisscast never got him on a single episode.

Brett refused to piss on me. made it real weird since we were in public too.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

NienNunb posted:

The Dark Order are good, and all of you are just mean. They just need to wrestle a team that arent The Best Friends and theyll show everyone how good they are. They are up there with reDRagon and the Lucha Bros as the Bucks best opponents.

They wrestled in that triple threat at Fight For The Fallen and were easily the worst/most boring team in the match

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

NienNunb posted:

The Dark Order are good, and all of you are just mean. They just need to wrestle a team that aren’t The Best Friends and they’ll show everyone how good they are. They are up there with reDRagon and the Lucha Bros as the Bucks’ best opponents.

:qqsay:

Teasing, of course. I actually agree, I just read it like a kid who's sore his toy didn't win.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

NienNunb posted:

i'll believe in what you say

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

:qqsay:

Teasing, of course. I actually agree, I just read it like a kid who's sore his toy didn't win.

........yeah I guess you have a point.

Ive just been a mark for these good good boys for years and hate to see people who only heard of them this year be flippant about their ability to go.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

Jericho's face and body really outs him as a huge alcoholic

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
I haven't gotten to that part of the show yet, but there was bound to be a stinker in one of these bookings.

It's been like hit after hit of good poo poo, too so it's not unreasonable to predict not everyone was going to go over 💯 day one.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

NienNunb posted:

Its re-dragon

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I always pronounced it red ragon

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Its re-dragon

no that's when you dragon again. they're talking about not being a dragon anymore.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the dark order should come out in a red wagon

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cavauro posted:

the dark order should come out in a Cracker Barrel

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
slathered in gravy

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Frankly the Dark Order only feels bad when compared to the break out awesomeness of AEW's tag division. Let's compare them to a randomly selected four recent teams of the Raw tag titles.

Would you rather watch the Dark Order than Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode? Seth Rollins and Braun? Bobby Roode and Chad Gable? Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre?

Note you may not combine Gable with Braun or McIntyre to make an incredibly amazing tag team. You must use the teams as given. These were tag championship teams.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I'd rather just not watch them

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i9IULa_Kvg

*Mike Tenay voice* What does it mean?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Wrestling will be on very soon! Can't wait.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Love these Wardlow vignettes

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

TV Zombie posted:

Wrestling will be on very soon! Can't wait.

I am excited for another episode. :woop:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pinwiz11 posted:

I am excited for another episode. :woop:

Hell yeah. I have tomorrow off work so I'm gonna watch it first thing :discourse:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

LividLiquid posted:

My personal feelings about drag are not the feelings of a huge section of people on the LGBTQIA+ spectrum, so it really isn't my place to yuck their yum, even if it makes me uncomfortable.

Make sense?

hey just want you to know you're not alone on this one LL

i dont mind drag, and im not gonna poo poo on someone for liking it, but i like sonny's ambiguous genderqueer thing and would be highly disappointed if he ended up just... being a drag queen gimmick. drag is a hobby, not an identity, and it ticks me off a bit when people talk to me about drag race like i automatically care because i do not and i do not relate to (most of) the people who do it.

e: i dont really know how to find video of the clip but jasmine masters laid it out pretty well, saying that they werent interested in dating anyone who was into the character and presentation of "jasmine masters" because it's just performance and once the wig and makeup and dress comes off, he's not that. i dont relate to that because that is not how i feel, and i do feel a bit insulted when people like me get lumped in with drag queens.

uhhhh lets see... wrestling analogy... it would be like going on a date with glenn jacobs and being disappointed that he doesnt want to gently caress in the 1998 kane gear.

e2: i, on the other hand, would gladly gently caress in the 1998 kane gear.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Oct 16, 2019

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Big Huski Boi posted:

My ideal wikipedia article is "List of professional wrestlers who perform their own entrance music," I wonder how long it'd last before getting deleted.

Give it a shot

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bow_tie_wearers

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

shiksa posted:

hey just want you to know you're not alone on this one LL

i dont mind drag, and im not gonna poo poo on someone for liking it, but i like sonny's ambiguous genderqueer thing and would be highly disappointed if he ended up just... being a drag queen gimmick. drag is a hobby, not an identity, and it ticks me off a bit when people talk to me about drag race like i automatically care because i do not and i do not relate to (most of) the people who do it.

e: i dont really know how to find video of the clip but jasmine masters laid it out pretty well, saying that they werent interested in dating anyone who was into the character and presentation of "jasmine masters" because it's just performance and once the wig and makeup and dress comes off, he's not that. i dont relate to that because that is not how i feel, and i do feel a bit insulted when people like me get lumped in with drag queens.

uhhhh lets see... wrestling analogy... it would be like going on a date with glenn jacobs and being disappointed that he doesnt want to gently caress in the 1998 kane gear.

e2: i, on the other hand, would gladly gently caress in the 1998 kane gear.

you know glenn fucks in the kane gear

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

WatermelonGun posted:

you know glenn fucks in the kane gear

bad example, i know

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I'm just going to say that I believe in the Dark Order, so that I look smart if they're forum favorites six months from now. If they instead suck, this whole post was sarcasm.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
There is more than 1 type of drag, you dumb dumbs

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ThePariah posted:

I'm just going to say that I believe in the Dark Order, so that I look smart if they're forum favorites six months from now. If they instead suck, this whole post was sarcasm.

i will throw you into a sar-chasm

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

shiksa posted:

Basically exactly my same feelings
Wow. Thank you. I think if everybody in America understood the difference between drag, crossdressers, and trans people, I'd be fine with drag, but this confusion is a big reason why it took me so long to get my egg cracked, because I grew up thinking, as most do, that all of these these things are just "a guy in women's clothing."

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Oct 16, 2019

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

WarnerMedia has confirmed an official All Elite Wrestling podcast hosted by Brandi Rhodes is currently in the works.

The media company made a slew of podcast related announcements today at an upfront for advertisers and one of the things mentioned was an official AEW podcast.

According to WarnerMedia, who we reached out to for more information, the podcast is currently in development with the wrestling promotions Chief Brand Officer as host and targeted to launch by the end of the year.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

wearing a bow tie after the first world war should be punishable by death unless you are wearing a tuxedo

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

wearing a bow tie after the first world war should be punishable by death unless you are wearing a tuxedo

wearing a tuxedo should be punishable by SOMETHING.

edit: corporate podcasts are by definition lame, but my AEW hype makes me interested however:

Dango Bango posted:

I'm sure they'll be fine, but I'm a little worried they're over-extending themselves on the amount of content they're putting out.

This is a super important point. They were supposed to cut back on the non-wrestling promotion side-content once TV ate up a majority of their week, not kick-start more projects.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 16, 2019

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

karmicknight posted:

wearing a tuxedo should be punishable by SOMETHING.

i will excuse weddings

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm sure they'll be fine, but I'm a little worried they're over-extending themselves on the amount of content they're putting out.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Hey now youre infringing on all these Rugged Individualists m'lord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Video is private now.