Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This new Bardock looks pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Me want new Bardock

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

My brother is a huge Team Bardock fanboy, so he's pretty excited.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
The new bardock team looks like a Ginyu team I that you farm up the freebies and their orbs and then unlock a free LR leader.

Am I reading this right? Because I am down with that. Especially since it’s OG Bardock and not Jor-El wannabe Bardock from DBS Broly.

LibrarianCroaker posted:

yea, if you have a leaderskill that covers him, i'd definitely take a friend LR str Broly over DBS broly.

I did occasionally. The risk was either getting too many orbs and getting his single target ultimate, or not enough orbs for his super. He his like a freight train full of freight trains made out of neutron stars though.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Evil Fluffy posted:

The new bardock team looks like a Ginyu team I that you farm up the freebies and their orbs and then unlock a free LR leader.

Am I reading this right? Because I am down with that. Especially since it’s OG Bardock and not Jor-El wannabe Bardock from DBS Broly.

I did occasionally. The risk was either getting too many orbs and getting his single target ultimate, or not enough orbs for his super. He his like a freight train full of freight trains made out of neutron stars though.

If you do the big super he follows it with the mass damage one anyway.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

It is exactly that

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

a neat cape posted:

It is exactly that

Awesome.

I never actually used my Ginyu squad because of Godku but I'll probably use this one (especially if Godku is a straight up better lead for them).

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

GoBros are finally mine!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

RNGesus smiled on me and granted me two of the new Bardock, along with the Youth lead Kid Goku.
Pretty sure I have enough red coins to buy the GoBros now too. I'm assuming they're worth it?

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

the_steve posted:

RNGesus smiled on me and granted me two of the new Bardock, along with the Youth lead Kid Goku.
Pretty sure I have enough red coins to buy the GoBros now too. I'm assuming they're worth it?

Yes. Especially since most of the other dokkanfest LRs will be on the 5 year anniversary banners so you'll at least have a chance at summoning them.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Decided to do a 10 pull on the banner because Bardock is cool.

Got the AGL Bardock. :toot:
And some INT Perfect Cell :confuoot:
...and an SR Bardock that turns in to a UR SSj3 Bardock? (not the 'good' SSj3 Bardock)

All in all, worth it. Are the GoBros good enough to consider another pull? Sitting at about 230 stones atm.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Have I just not checked the battlefield shop in a while? I thought when LR Frieza and Cold came out in JP there was only one copy available

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I got 2 Super Vegito multis that ened with a single AGL Goku. That I was one away from rainbowing and didn't want. That's what I got for getting Cooler fast.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
What are the chances of Kale and Califla LR being on the Anniversary Banner? I have enough tokens and that's pretty much the only LR I actually want. But I know GoBros is really good.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Basically nil.

They're not a dokkanfest LR. They're on the LR banners and you need yellow coins for them.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kortel posted:

What are the chances of Kale and Califla LR being on the Anniversary Banner? I have enough tokens and that's pretty much the only LR I actually want. But I know GoBros is really good.

They use different coins.

GoBros is a red coin unit, Kale and Caulifla are a gold coin unit.

Gobros are not on the anniversary banner, and Kale and Caulifla will be unfeatured on the LR anniversary banner

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
drat.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
The drop rates on these full f2p teams are pretty good at least, i got to sa10 all paths fasha in like one bar of stamina.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I had Fasha at 100% potential in 19 runs (less if I’d micromanaged) but you need to do 20 runs to get enough medals to evolve her to her last form. The drops are much better than for Ginyu. I guess a lot of people will have the full team in a week.

e: I pulled again, Zen-oh popped up and gave me a 2nd Bardock, some metal giant guy whose design screams Dragonball GT, and Some version of Super Baby (not an LR) . So with this 2nd copy I guess I hold it until I farm SR/SSR bardocks as skill fodder, then probably unlock the bottom-right hidden potential area since it usually has the best boosts?

e2: Getting 77 tokens for Bardock's last evolution is going to take some time anyways. Even the Z-HARD level makes me use items since Bardock can hit 10-30k on normal attacks and 100k on supers against neutral units. Probably best to just wait until I farm the Bardock squad and use them (or a combination of them and other Saiyans) to get the dozen or so clears I'll need. I haven't tried SUPER yet since I assume I'll just get rocked by it.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 19, 2020

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

I found Fasha's stage more tolerable than I did with the Ginyu Force ones. It may be because I didn't end up with a movepool of only 3s like every second GF run. (no 3s at all that i saw) The character drop rate seems a hell of a lot better, too.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Elissia posted:

I found Fasha's stage more tolerable than I did with the Ginyu Force ones. It may be because I didn't end up with a movepool of only 3s like every second GF run. (no 3s at all that i saw) The character drop rate seems a hell of a lot better, too.

Yeah some time after the Ginyus were released they definitely hard-coded potential orb stages across the board to only roll 1s and 2s on the movement dice. I actually got all the potential orbs needed three or four runs before I got all my character card dupes.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Team Bardock acquired. :toot:

...not sure I'd use that team over my main one of Godku, new agi Bardock, coat Vegeta, Kale, and Caulifla though since just Godku and agi Bardock hit hard as hell and have tons of defense to soak hits compared to anyone else. Still real cool to have the squad assembled nonetheless.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I'll probably use them for the Prime Battles and other free-character only events, since I haven't got a great team for those. As long as they count as free, I suppose (I haven't got the LR yet, just waiting for the Fasha event to go back up this afternoon).

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

...not sure I'd use that team over my main one of Godku, new agi Bardock, coat Vegeta, Kale, and Caulifla though since just Godku and agi Bardock hit hard as hell and have tons of defense to soak hits compared to anyone else. Still real cool to have the squad assembled nonetheless.

Use them for a while at least. You need to use the whole team 50 times to get another copy of the LR

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Evil Fluffy posted:

I find the things like Team Bardock, the Metal Cooler Squads, LR Young Goku + Arale, and the Ginyu Force much more fun and rewarding than the gacha because you can acquire fun and strange units that actually feel 'complete' with this method. Gacha just ends up making me feel frustrated the majority of the time I use it. The huge perk of a team like Ginyu, Bardock, or even the Coolers is their link skills are literally tailored to one another so you'll find it almost impossible NOT to constantly be firing supers with every character every round, and the Coolers for instance get passive regeneration while there's a team of them.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Blorknorg posted:

the Metal Cooler Squads

Is this the 10 billion power warriors event coolers? I was wondering if you could run a full team of those freebies or if they all counted as "metal cooler" but if they don't... neat. Especially since I have the gacha metal cooler & core unit which I assume can lead these and synergizes with them really well too?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Has anybody else beaten Legend Goku? I beat it once with this team I copied from the wiki.

What teams have you guys used for the missions? I just got TEQ Caulifla with a dupe that i've been messing around with.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

double agl gohan lead, int black, str namek goku, lr gogeta/vegito, great saiyaman 4

team 'never die'

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

No LR AGL Gohan or LR INT Vegito or INT Black. I knew I should've tried for them at least.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
The f2p eza teq goku/gohan also stacks enough defense to laugh off Goku's super attacks in the final round.

It's really funny to heal to full off of like, 3 orbs.

TEQ transforming trunks can build a similar def stacking team, and his sub leaderskill lets him bring any stacking super type unit you can find. phy future gohan builds up to 50% damage reduction. You can throw on the transforming goku and vegeta in their undokkaned form to get infinite def stacking too.

TEQ VB is okay if you can get him enough supers before you hit UI.

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Is this the 10 billion power warriors event coolers? I was wondering if you could run a full team of those freebies or if they all counted as "metal cooler" but if they don't... neat. Especially since I have the gacha metal cooler & core unit which I assume can lead these and synergizes with them really well too?

Yeah looked it up, it's the Ten Billion Power Warriors event thing. Honestly it's more an example of how important link skills are because they max out at level 100, that and I kind of love having the weird stuff from Dragonball more than the thirtieth version of Goku.

You can absolutely have your Gacha Cooler with the rainbow team of the 10 billion power Coolers though, they fall under "Terrifying Conquerors". The way card naming works in the game for blocking other characters is odd, but for the most part as long as it's not the exact same iteration of the card even you can run them on the same team. If you have a fully maxed out Goku Jr. for instance you could also have the base version of Goku Jr. in the team, but for whatever reason you cannot have something like the new Team Bardock people with their lower version selves.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the rules are simple. if a card has the same name as another card, you cannot have them both on the same team

this obviously only applies to the base state of any card since you have stuff like lr gogeta and lr vegito being 'lr goku and vegeta' and 'lr goku and vegeta (angel)' that can be run with other gogeta and vegito cards. as long as the card you're putting on the team screen has a different name, you'll be good for team building

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
booo, LR Bardock can't be run on AGL Bardock's team.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Blorknorg posted:

Yeah looked it up, it's the Ten Billion Power Warriors event thing. Honestly it's more an example of how important link skills are because they max out at level 100, that and I kind of love having the weird stuff from Dragonball more than the thirtieth version of Goku.

You can absolutely have your Gacha Cooler with the rainbow team of the 10 billion power Coolers though, they fall under "Terrifying Conquerors". The way card naming works in the game for blocking other characters is odd, but for the most part as long as it's not the exact same iteration of the card even you can run them on the same team. If you have a fully maxed out Goku Jr. for instance you could also have the base version of Goku Jr. in the team, but for whatever reason you cannot have something like the new Team Bardock people with their lower version selves.

I knew about the "can't use same named card" thing and thought all those were just "metal cooler" but since that's not the case and it looks like they include [type] in their names I guess I'll have to keep that in mind for the event's return since I ran through it once but didn't farm the units.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

cptn_dr posted:

I'll probably use them for the Prime Battles and other free-character only events, since I haven't got a great team for those. As long as they count as free, I suppose (I haven't got the LR yet, just waiting for the Fasha event to go back up this afternoon).

I'm pretty sure that aside from the LR Bardock Squad card they're all prime-compatible. The game doesn't consider mission/login rewards to be 'drop' cards.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

Elissia posted:

I'm pretty sure that aside from the LR Bardock Squad card they're all prime-compatible. The game doesn't consider mission/login rewards to be 'drop' cards.

Yeah, that's how it works. The Ginyu squad was the same way. If you wanna run either team in prime battles you need to run it with a different leader. Best options for team Bardock are probably either the grind-able INT raditz for low class warriors (one of the earliest 4 ki leaders but low-ish stats even for F2P), or prime battle Vegeta for pure saiyans (only 3 ki but 70% stats).

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Anyone getting weird prizes randomly for no reason? It's like numbers and weird characters.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

BMB5150 posted:

Anyone getting weird prizes randomly for no reason? It's like numbers and weird characters.

Yeah I got a few of those today too. Not sure what's up with that but I'm not gonna say no to a glitch on their end equaling free stuff for me.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Android 13 celebration is out. Loads better than Saiyan day.

13 comes out tonight (don't summon)

AGL Super Vegeta EZA on the 9th.

Two sub EZAs with a 17 and 18 EZAing with the STR Cell EZA medals

An EZ Area for the old extreme TEQ Vegeta and f2p INT Trunks

A f2p Android 14 and 15 that are very very good for the Android team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm summoning