Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Six AM posted:

I'm not being a dick, i swear, but why are people hyped about preordering this? Won't you be able to get one in a store the next day or something? Did they mention something about limited production or some super sweet deal? For real genuinely curious

I'm assuming you're about six years old and have never experienced a console launch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

whaley posted:

i'm going to go to the store the day it comes out and buy one real easy

Looks like there's already some people lining up, you'd better get moving.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
Yeah, i go to the store and buy one a couple days later because i dont need to be the grown adult buying one at midnight since im 6 years old

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Six AM posted:

I'm not being a dick, i swear, but why are people hyped about preordering this? Won't you be able to get one in a store the next day or something? Did they mention something about limited production or some super sweet deal? For real genuinely curious

Have you heard about this thing called the NES Mini?

Also if this goes the same way as the Wii (which most people feel like it will) then good luck getting one for the next 6+ months after launch.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Six AM posted:

The NES Mini Classic sold out instantly and is still very difficult to get a hold of.

The Switch is coming off the back of a lot of hype and is a super cool looking concept everyone gets.

NES Mini Sold out + Switch Hype = Probably gonna be loving impossible to get for a few months if you don't preorder

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Six AM posted:

Hahahahaha yeah right I'm going to unbox this thing on youtube a day after launch why not just unbox a friggen wiiu? Yeesh.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
What the hell is an nes mini and why wouldnt the availability of all other consoles of the same tier make me think the switch wont be super super super easy to buy whenever?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Six AM posted:

Yeah, i go to the store and buy one a couple days later because i dont need to be the grown adult buying one at midnight since im 6 years old

Don't be so grouchy friend.

EDIT:

Six AM posted:

What the hell is an nes mini and why wouldnt the availability of all other consoles of the same tier make me think the switch wont be super super super easy to buy whenever?

Did you read the thread, or just come in here to be weird?

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
Whats grouchy about being somewhat smarmy when i ask a legit question and get called a 6 year old, pal?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they told investors they are making 4 million worldwide in their first wave of production there will probably be enough for turbo nerds that aren't reliant on birthday money from grandma to purchase it

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
Thats why i asked nicely because no one ever reads beyond the last 3 or so pages for answers, man

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Six AM posted:

Whats grouchy about being somewhat smarmy when i ask a legit question and get called a 6 year old, pal?

The whole: What the hell is an nes mini and why wouldnt the availability of all other consoles of the same tier make me think the switch wont be super super super easy to buy whenever?

It's a bit of a strange question really.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Six AM posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEStsLJZhzo

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

more like dix am. owned bitch

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
Yeah, no it's not. but thanks to the dude that posted just above about limited production early on. That answers the very easy question

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Six AM posted:

Are you saying that because the Xbone and PS4 are currently easily available, that a brand new console will be just as available?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Six AM posted:

I'm not being a dick, i swear, but why are people hyped about preordering this? Won't you be able to get one in a store the next day or something?
But what if, get this, you can't?

If you are
1. An adult for whom $200-$300 isn't something you have to save for/might not have come march.
2. Are going to buy one around launch

Why even come close to risking there being a sellout launch?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Six AM posted:

Yeah, no it's not. but thanks to the dude that posted just above about limited production early on. That answers the very easy question

This being the switch thread and a kind of general Nintendo thread I would have expected you to read the OP and at least a couple of pages before asking such a question. That's why it's strange.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Wasn't the Wii difficult to get because everyone including their grandparents wanted one? The news was constantly showing how great they were for nursing homes and people who didn't play video games. I used have a job where I went in people's houses all the time and I'd go to some 90 year old's house that looked like it was stuck in 1945 and they'd still have a Wii sitting next to the TV. I don't really see that happening here

whaley fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 12, 2017

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

VideoGames posted:

This being the switch thread and a kind of general Nintendo thread I would have expected you to read the OP and at least a couple of pages before asking such a question. That's why it's strange.

I did read the last couple pages and i just see people vaguely hyped about a new thing and other people posting about how stupid it is to preorder...so literally every other thread for every other console?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

whaley posted:

Wasn't the Wii difficult to get because everyone including their grandparents wanted one? The news was constantly showing how great they were for nursing homes and people who don't play video games. I used have a job where I went in people's houses all the time and I'd go to some 90 year old's house that looked like I'd time traveled to 1945 and they'd have a Wii sitting next to the TV. I don't really see that happening here

Only cool people who attend roof top parties and go down to parks to abandon their dogs are allowed to play the Switch

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Six AM posted:

I did read the last couple pages and i just see people vaguely hyped about a new thing and other people posting about how stupid it is to preorder...so literally every other thread for every other console?

COOL POPULAR THING MIGHT BE HARD TO FIND

ME NO UNDERSTAND

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008
Not sure why you are so defensive, videogames, when i was just clearly asking if there was some caveat which some dude mentioned earlier this page with some early limited production numbers. Dont worry, videogames, im not here making fun of you and your nintendo

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Six AM posted:

Yes,

Real talk. The WiiU launch thread had me worried that I wouldn't get one, so I preordered and then there were reports of gamestops not getting the amount promised and I was super worried about not getting the best console. Previous best console? But then I got mine fine and you could by them everywhere within 2 weeks.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Six AM posted:

I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the Gamecube and DS Lite. This is the first one since that felt worth purchasing.

Also, Sony and MS making GBS threads all over their beds with molten diarrhea. I want quality again where It Just Works™.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Electromax posted:

switches in britches, splitting stitches

lmao

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

people aren't appreciating this enough

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Six AM posted:

Here's all the factor's we're dealing with:

1. It's a Nintendo Console with a rumored new Zelda as a release title.
2. It's hyped to hell an back like we haven't seen in sometime.
3. It's going to be affordable
4. It's Nintendo, so they don't make loving enough because that's their thing.
5. The NES Mini, which is just a janky emulator box in a shrunken-down NES shell is $60 and Nintendo didn't make enough to supply the demand so you'll find them for $250+ on eBay.

Basically you have a bunch of poo poo happening all at once that make it the hot new tech gadget and you'll be damned to find it easily after launch. Hell, you'll be damned to get a pre-order in tomorrow.

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Mister Macys posted:

I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the Gamecube and DS Lite. This is the first one since that felt worth purchasing.

Also, Sony and MS making GBS threads all over their beds with molten diarrhea. I want quality again where It Just Works™.

I agree, the new console looks like it could be cool

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Six AM posted:

Not sure why you are so defensive, videogames, when i was just clearly asking if there was some caveat which some dude mentioned earlier this page with some early limited production numbers. Dont worry, videogames, im not here making fun of you and your nintendo

:confused:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

MarcusSA posted:

Also if this goes the same way as the Wii (which most people feel like it will)

lmao

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

Here's all the factor's we're dealing with:

1. It's a Nintendo Console with a rumored new Zelda as a release title.
2. It's hyped to hell an back like we haven't seen in sometime.
3. It's going to be affordable
4. It's Nintendo, so they don't make loving enough because that's their thing.
5. The NES Mini, which is just a janky emulator box in a shrunken-down NES shell is $60 and Nintendo didn't make enough to supply the demand so you'll find them for $250+ on eBay.

Basically you have a bunch of poo poo happening all at once that make it the hot new tech gadget and you'll be damned to find it easily after launch. Hell, you'll be damned to get a pre-order in tomorrow.

Thank you, genuinely, bro.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Mister Macys posted:

drat, you missed some good WiiU times if you just want games that worked. some really good times.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Literally every console has limited production numbers at the beginning.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Wii at launch being impossible to find ya know.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Six AM posted:

Thank you, genuinely, bro.

Or the real answer, people want to buy one at launch and preordering gives them a 99.9% chance of getting one instead of a mystery chance.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

youtube stream countdown clock is down to 6:23:33.
join the elite 6 people currently watching with me

Six AM
Nov 30, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Literally every console has limited production numbers at the beginning.

And yet ive bought a wii, ps3 and ps4 days after launch with no issues whatsoever. Maybe im lucky and thats why i was asking? You should learn how to be less angry and just try communicating a bit better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Bombadilillo posted:

drat, you missed some good WiiU times if you just want games that worked. some really good times.

I know, but... Canadian pricing. :negative:

I really wanted Mario Golf :sigh:

• Locked thread