Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Someone past those quotes about horses dying because a bee flew by it and what not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

bunnyofdoom posted:

Real talk tho horses are fragile as gently caress

They only have to kick you once.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Someone past those quotes about horses dying because a bee flew by it and what not.

Ruddha posted:

Oh poor ol' Freckles, thought of ants and died.

The entire collection.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
PYF Funny Pictures: it devolved into posting graphic pictures of dolphin pussy

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

blarzgh posted:

They only have to kick you once.

You don't understand. He'll just roll like in dark souls and be invincible.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Met posted:

You don't understand. He'll just roll like in dark souls and be invincible.

I assume he'll be fat-rolling?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Hate to break it to you but horses aren't really that fragile. Even a lot of breaks wouldn't be fatal per se, it's that fixing them isn't worth the expense and hardship.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pick posted:

Hate to break it to you but horses aren't really that fragile.

There's only one way to settle this - I challenge Pick to horses at dawn

Edit:

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 05:59 on May 31, 2016

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Pick posted:

Hate to break it to you but horses aren't really that fragile. Even a lot of breaks wouldn't be fatal per se, it's that fixing them isn't worth the expense and hardship.

Friend's horse busted his jaw playing with a rope. He eventually recovered. I had a colt break a leg. He had two surgeries but turned out fine. Saw one walk through a closed barn door once. He was OK, but the door was a goner.

People don't understand that the horse in Blazing Saddles was trained to fall on command.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Reminds me of an old thread where somebody thought that 4-5 unarmed MMA fighters could beat up a grizzly bear. He eventually conceded that they would be doomed and suggested a weaker opponent such as a giraffe.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

http://i.imgur.com/Kd9Kl.gifv

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is "it's hard to imagine how a smart and patient gamer isn't a horse's worst nightmare" too long to fit in the thread name?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

Pick posted:

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Horses are weak to lightning you say? Well that will make things even easier.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Geez, what other animals are weak to lightning? Being a farmer is so hard!

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Only water and flying types.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

bunnyofdoom posted:

Real talk tho horses are fragile as gently caress

Pick posted:

Dude I know told me a story about a friend of his who got drunk and punched a horse in the face. Broke his hand, and the horse just kind of looked at him like "what the gently caress, dude?"

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Pick posted:

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Dude I know told me a story about a friend of his who got drunk and punched a horse in the face. Broke his hand, and the horse just kind of looked at him like "what the gently caress, dude?"

Most horse injuries are self inflicted, because horses are dumb as hell.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Uh, it seems Ken M has jumped the shark.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Pick posted:

They're more prone to just getting themselves killed in really stupid ways. Like falling into the same hole multiple times. Or a river. Or a fire. Basically;

Kwyndig posted:

Most horse injuries are self inflicted, because horses are dumb as hell.

And then yeah, it's a pain in the rear end to get the whole town together to tie a rope around your big fat dumb horse so you can haul it out of whatever stupid hell cave the moron managed to dig its self into when you turned away for three seconds and pull it out without it stressing to death.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

They do seem pretty stupid, though. I was reading the journal of one of the early English explorers in Australia. Pretty much every entry ends with "tied the horse up next to the water hole" and the next one begins with "horse got loose and ran off to look for water. Spent the whole morning chasing it down".

On second thoughts, though, maybe that reflects on the explorer and not the horse...

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

To expand a bit on the hardships: The horse can't support its weight on 3 hooves alone, because its hooves would swell due to the extra load. You can't support the horse's weight by suspending it in a sling, because that would gently caress up its digestive system, and because horses are panicky idiots.

Here's a link to the guardian where they go more in detail about it.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2011/sep/23/claims-five-broken-leg-horse

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hyperlynx posted:

They do seem pretty stupid, though. I was reading the journal of one of the early English explorers in Australia. Pretty much every entry ends with "tied the horse up next to the water hole" and the next one begins with "horse got loose and ran off to look for water. Spent the whole morning chasing it down".

On second thoughts, though, maybe that reflects on the explorer and not the horse...

There's this insane Russian atheist guy who used to be a political journalist who says horses can learn human language. He's even opened a special school for horses.

E: forgot the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n65eecQLz7E

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 14:08 on May 31, 2016

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Horses being weak to lightning is Dark Souls as gently caress.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You're supposed to unplug horses during a thunderstorm.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Franchescanado posted:

YouTube must be messing up your links. I think you wanted this:

https://youtu.be/96Y24a0cyCE

He's so righteous.

That has got to be one of the greatest movie trailers in the history of cinema. My ex-wife and I watched it about a hundred times while waiting for the movie to come out. The movie is pretty good, but nothing could live up to that trailer; it's so good, and so quotable.

"Drives a five-thousand-dollar car, and wear a hundred-dollar suit."
"But Black Dynamite! I sell drugs in the community!"

I love when Kung-Fu mustache busts out the fancy dance moves, and Black Dynamite just gives 'em right back.

"I am smiling."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brain freeze. :3:

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

SkunkDuster posted:

Reminds me of an old thread where somebody thought that 4-5 unarmed MMA fighters could beat up a grizzly bear. He eventually conceded that they would be doomed and suggested a weaker opponent such as a giraffe.

1 guy to pin each limb and 1 guy to go berzerk.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Context for this; noted genius/idiot Karl Pilkington commissioned a coffin for him and his girlfriend in the shape of a Twix bar.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

How horses run according to one man's daughter:
http://i.imgur.com/le5FNrC.gifv

He also made a version with music, and a bonus one about frogs:

http://i.imgur.com/QFSH1a8.gifv

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Stare-Out posted:

Context for this; noted genius/idiot Karl Pilkington commissioned a coffin for him and his girlfriend in the shape of a Twix bar.

Does ordered a double coffin for yourself and your significant other constitute a threat?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Random Stranger posted:

Does ordered a double coffin for yourself and your significant other constitute a threat?

This is Karl Pilkington we're talking about.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I don't care if it's just for your cronies, I'm Clan and you can't tell me what to do.

• Locked thread