Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

'earthlings' means our good friend and leader king furry can be included

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
"Pure saiyans" at least has a basis in a conversation a pair of villains have about a potential breeding program for the strengthening of the saiyan race. The racial politics of Dragonball are worthy of criticism, but at least it never tries to delve into human racial purity issues (only "fans" try to distinguish between the relative humanity of Tien, Krillin and Chiaotzu).

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So call them super humans or whatever.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just let them be called Humans and deal with the fact some dipshits are gonna try to bring up that Toriyama said Tien wasn't a human in some interview like 20 years ago or that Puar is on a card with Yamcha. Like I think too many people try to read into being anal about categories half of the time, but this was a really easy one to avoid.

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
I just want an LR Bulma card on Earthling category where at 12ki she gets Vegeta to do smack someone around and 18ki she pulls out a parfait and Beerus hakais everything until he eats.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

snickothemule posted:

I just want an LR Bulma card on Earthling category where at 12ki she gets Vegeta to do smack someone around

I still get a laugh every time I end up using Bulla's super for that reason

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
GIVE IT TO ME RIGHT NOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU7cryPp0Jc

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
What the hell is this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/comments/g1mt3e/new_mode/

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Co-OP

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

:stare:

This man is going to own for tourneys, a 12 ki attack all, 78% ATK DEF and gives 7800 per existing enemy? JFC so good.

With Terrifying conquerors you can also have AGL Frieza doing AOE and TEQ or AGL Golden frieza tanking hits, or with Pure Saiyans have Broly and Raditz on the squad, could wipe squads on every turn if you got the units.

snickothemule fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 16, 2020

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I want them now but alas they refuse to have both versions on the same track.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Goddamn that's ridiculous and amazing.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

where is the lr banner

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's JP only. Everything new we talk about is for JP.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pretty sure she's asking about the spirit bomb super saiyan Goku banner that was supposed to have dropped by now for global that they are probably gonna use to pad the next two weeks out until Goku day

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Captain Baal posted:

Pretty sure she's asking about the spirit bomb super saiyan Goku banner that was supposed to have dropped by now for global that they are probably gonna use to pad the next two weeks out until Goku day

It'll drop Sunday probably.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah the current event ends Sunday so that's when.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Captain Baal posted:

baal knows because i've been whining about it :mad:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
She's pm'ed me about like three times now and I just want it to be anniversary already pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also this is from like a page ago but Garlic Jr loving sucks

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Captain Baal posted:

What the gently caress

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

The only good thing about Garlic Jr is that DBZ Kai skips the filler arc completely, so people new to DBZ will only know him from the movie where he doesn't overstay his welcome.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Captain Baal posted:

mods

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Captain Baal posted:

Get out.

It beats yet another buu card.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Webbeh posted:

Get out.

Speaking of, JP is getting a transformation gotenks and buu for golden week

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The Garlic Jr saga is great, we have vampire Yamcha, Rapist Roshi which is played as a horrible, terrifying thing and not 'haha aren't aggressive sexual predators goofy' and Gohan throws his overbearing mother off a roof and for a moment thinks he's finally gone too far and killed her (this is important for his character later, his restraint against Cell seems silly when he's only ever fought monsters).

Maron is fantastic as well, where's her dokkanfest & EZA zone?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Webbeh posted:

Get out.

The new Buu card is actually cool and unique for one of them for once though? Like it isn't bad transformation gimmick 10, it actually uses a fight in the series as a joint card which is an interest way to portray it unlike the other buu cards who link like rear end and have bad healing mechanics.

You want another lovely movie villain transformation over something that's as unexplored as the swap mechanic? Because between the new Buu and Nappa & Vegeta LR I'm far more interested in these.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 18, 2020

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

sassassin posted:

The Garlic Jr saga is great, we have vampire Yamcha, Rapist Roshi which is played as a horrible, terrifying thing and not 'haha aren't aggressive sexual predators goofy' and Gohan throws his overbearing mother off a roof and for a moment thinks he's finally gone too far and killed her (this is important for his character later, his restraint against Cell seems silly when he's only ever fought monsters).

Maron is fantastic as well, where's her dokkanfest & EZA zone?

Maron - Super Attack: Causes Damage, Passive: All Enemies Colossally Reduced ATK & DEF (Peppy Gals Excluded), Krillin ATK + 100%, DEF - 100% when attacking in the same turn.

snickothemule fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 20, 2020

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Have there really been that many buu cards, anyway? As far as dokkanfests do, it was that old buuhan and transforming STR Super Buu right?

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Have there really been that many buu cards, anyway? As far as dokkanfests do, it was that old buuhan and transforming STR Super Buu right?

INT and PHY Kid Buu are the only other Dokkanfest that pops into my mind. I think the rest of the Buus are non-dokkan fests (Good, Evil, Buutenks/Buucolo, Kai absorbed and Super variants)

Are the only thing that you can use Blue Coins Old Kais? I really have no need for old Kai's, and I struck out on my 200 stones for LR Goku.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
200 stones down the drain, but I got a new SSR, so yay?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

did a yolo pull without doing the slightest bit of research on the new units because yesterday was particularly awful and got the LR

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Buu's had four dokkanfests but they've all been unremarkable and mediocre except Phy Kid Buu once he got his EZA, though he still isn't a particularly fun unit to use so much as he is just good support. Saiyan Saga and Buu Saga have both been done pretty dirty throughout Dokkan's lifespan so it's nice to see that both have been getting really good cards this year.

Though this Nappa and Vegeta LR is a little gimmicky.

Cozz posted:

Are the only thing that you can use Blue Coins Old Kais? I really have no need for old Kai's, and I struck out on my 200 stones for LR Goku.

When the type banners are up that have the type supports (Int Kid Gohan/Vegeta, Str Hit/Cabba, Agl Rilldo/Pan, Teq Tien/Second Form Cell, and Phy Teen Gohan/Super Buu) you can trade in the blue coins for those units, but they go for about 300 for a copy.

The units are solid type support on their own, but they've been getting dokkan awakening as of late that make them insane which incentivizes rolling on the type banners more than in the past where people really just kinda summoned for a slightly better chance at LRs and some orbs.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cozz posted:

INT and PHY Kid Buu are the only other Dokkanfest that pops into my mind. I think the rest of the Buus are non-dokkan fests (Good, Evil, Buutenks/Buucolo, Kai absorbed and Super variants)

Blue coins can get you the old 40% support types which awaken to 50% support types and are utterly insane and maybe super necessary for extreme super battle road

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I got Bombku and 2 LR dupes (GT Trio and Beerus) in 200 stones. Then I wasted 50 more for nothing.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

a neat cape posted:

Blue coins can get you the old 40% support types which awaken to 50% support types and are utterly insane and maybe super necessary for extreme super battle road

Ah, right. Hopefully I'll have enough coins to get Mr. Tien to make Goku & Frieza even better.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cozz posted:

Ah, right. Hopefully I'll have enough coins to get Mr. Tien to make Goku & Frieza even better.

Tien, Pan, and Cabba seem like the best of the group

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I pulled on the Android 13 banner when it first started up and netted Turles + 13 on the 2 batch pulls. Plus a come other SSRs but my understanding is that Turles is (or was) real good on Saiyan teams due to his passive team buff?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Turles is still really good because of his support capabilities, but has fallen off a bit because his defense isn't up to par for SBR and such

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I still use Turles in my Pure Saiyan team. I was going to ditch him and replace him with the new LR Goku, but instead I dropped LR Bardock, which I think was probably the right call overall. New Goku kicks rear end, too.