Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

I wouldnt call it a slog since like any good JRPG it takes 5 - 10 hours to even figure out what the narrative is going to be

Oh the story's fine I just mean the combat when you're just swinging autoaytack over and over and don't have a full party and can't do combos. I bet if you just rush the plot for a little while it's not so bad, but I made the mistake of trying to do side quests and explore at that point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh yeah me too. But once I got randomly killed by a level 99 Tyrannosaurus I figured I wa ssupposed to go save Nia from prison asap.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

weird, yasunori mitsuda, at 45, was younger when he led the xenoblade 2 music than sugiyama was at 55 when he did the first dragon quest score

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zas posted:

weird, yasunori mitsuda, at 45, was younger when he led the xenoblade 2 music than sugiyama was at 55 when he did the first dragon quest score

Hell, he was only 23 when he did the Chrono Trigger score

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

yeah he was just a little baby on the dream team.

the stuff they did for the torna expansion is also really good. i would say that group are right up there with the nier people for having unusually good compositon and production

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1077910127620050944?s=20

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

:yeah:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

Thinking about getting Xenoblade 2 with my Christmas money, is it worth it? Never played Xenoblade 1 but I know I should... I liked most of Xenoblade x but the postgame stuff kind of broke my brain

no. but if you already liked one of the games then you might as well play the rest ... although personally i think those games should be sealed off in a medical waste container and incinerated along with the "tales of" series and possibly the "atelier" series too

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://twitter.com/Stealth40k/status/1077984708598943746

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

:aaaaa:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

lmao just going Oh noo over and over while the hands on the clock spin at 100x

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Whatever, I was 8 when I beat it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Whatever, I was 8 when I beat it.

Lol respect

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i've never been interested enough to finish any zelda game i started. i don't know why. not to say they suck but i just don't get it

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

i've never been interested enough to finish any zelda game i started. i don't know why. not to say they suck but i just don't get it

wtf

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

have you tried links awakening? even people who aren’t Zelda people seem to like that one, if you’re down with 2d tile based action games

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i never finished games when i was a kid, i always stopped before the final dungeon because i didn't want them to end

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
One time my mom let me rent Majora's Mask and when I got to the part where the moon as crashing into the town I ripped the Game Pak out of the system without turning it off because I was so scared. I didn't finish it until a few years ago.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Over There posted:

One time my mom let me rent Majora's Mask and when I got to the part where the moon as crashing into the town I ripped the Game Pak out of the system without turning it off because I was so scared. I didn't finish it until a few years ago.

ahh so you were dumb as hell and also wasted your mothers money, good story

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

blockbuster would still be alive if not for the secret contents of my sweater drawer

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

elf help book posted:

ahh so you were dumb as hell and also wasted your mothers money, good story

I was 5

so yes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Over There posted:

windwaker took me years to complete because I thought the redead in it were too scary

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the 2d Zelda games were my jam as a kid. Oracle of ages and Oracle of seasons owned. Never got into the 3d ones except Majoras mask

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the oracle games are so so good, very underated

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

extremebuff posted:

windwaker took me years to complete because I thought the redead in it were too scary

More like OoT redeads, you lil bitch.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremebuff posted:

I quit playing OOT when I got out of the temple and the castle town was full of them because it spooked me too much. Still never finished it, I've played the kid parts too many times and am burned out by the time I get to adult link

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Immediately playing the Sun's Song to run around them.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i always thought they looked goofy and both n64 games had easy ways to make them harmless. the way the windwaker ones tilt their heads at you with those dead eyes always freaked me out and they were immune to everything but sword or a ton of bombs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I quit playing OOT when I got out of the temple and the castle town was full of them because it spooked me too much. Still never finished it, I've played the kid parts too many times and am burned out by the time I get to adult link

the kid link stuff is like 4 hours and also awesome...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

the kid link stuff is like 4 hours and also awesome...

This. What the hell...

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I beat the 3DS version this year after not having played it for years and it still holds up really really well.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I beat the 3DS version this year after not having played it for years and it still holds up really really well.

both 3ds remasters are really great

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

extremebuff posted:

both 3ds remasters are really great

This.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

idk how i feel about master mode OoT. it starts off really strong with a lot of cool puzzles in the first 3 dungeons, like sometimes theyll ask you to exploit engine quirks to solve puzzles and it feels like an official romhack thats really cool

but then the adult dungeon "puzzles" are playing the song of time over and over +some pretty bullshit hidden keys and I remember them all just being frustrating slogs

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

many of the majora's mask changes seem lovely. not just the stuff that makes it easier, but poo poo like swimming with the zora mask uses magic? wtf?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ugh my freaking left joycon stick is hosed up, keeps drifting to the left when i let go. no amount of recalibration makes the deadzone big enough to fix it. the only other switch compatible controllers i have are an 8bitdo snes controller and all my gamecube controllers. should i just replace my left joycon or get a pro controller or what

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

you should use your gamecube controller imo

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

try blowing air into the stick shaft sometimes some debris gets in there and screws it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GameCube posted:

ugh my freaking left joycon stick is hosed up, keeps drifting to the left when i let go. no amount of recalibration makes the deadzone big enough to fix it. the only other switch compatible controllers i have are an 8bitdo snes controller and all my gamecube controllers. should i just replace my left joycon or get a pro controller or what

ive had both my left and right joycon fail and ninty just replaced them for free.