Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
*sets timer on Keurig to 24 hours*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

*its

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

"Benghazi", take a shot

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Bannon seems like a guy who would kill someone with a shovel and then use it to dig their grave.

Assuming they were unconscious in the first place.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Funny how it took him so long to come around to 'giving him 24 hours' when every half and quarter sane person on the planet has been convinced for ages.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Well once you lose foxnews, you lose Trump. Tweet incoming...

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

My favorite part is how he genuinely seems to be choked up that one of his heroes is undeniably a loving monster.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

Soonmot posted:

gently caress you, I just broke my screen because I punched it before I realized what was going on

Commendable instincts. Sorry about your monitor.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Are we taking bets for Trumpy's major announcement tomorrow? I'm hoping that he's claimed to found a new mystical food while overseas called sushi.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tim Whatley posted:

Are we taking bets for Trumpy's major announcement tomorrow? I'm hoping that he's claimed to found a new mystical food while overseas called sushi.

More like he invented putting ketchup on sushi

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hannity must have been told straight up that he was fired if he didn't salvage the situation.

Monday: "What the gently caress are you doing?! Why are boycotting our advertisers because they're disgusted you're defending the pedophile?!"
Tuesday: "The point wasn't the loving coffee, you loving idiot!!!"

I love that Sean FINALLY joined everyone else 24 hours after all his peers finally gave in, but he still gave Moore another 24 hours. Sean will be back tomorrow to tell you if he's for or against pedophilia. I'm sure that Fox News guy with a sore throat will be happy tmorrow.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
If he was my kidney, I'd pray to wake up in a bathtub full of ice with two fresh incisions on my sides.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Fun fact that letter is from Trenton Garman.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/930636635326373889

First off, dude lists "JD MA" after his name, which I only know insufferable and insecure lawyers to do. Most put "Esq." if anything.

Second, his bio page ( https://www.liddonlaw.com/trent-garmon/ ) indicates he's a personal injury lawyer with no specialization in defamation. Could Moore not get an Alabama defamation firm? Hell, he could probably get a defamation firm anywhere and get them admitted pro hac vice for the proceedings, given the notoriety.

Third, this was very very clearly sent to the instate newspapers rather than the Post in an attempt to intimidate the story out of the local news, and keep it out of a federal court or a D.C. Court. He's gambling that an Alabama jury will be very friendly to him over the media. The echoes of the Gawker case are here-- even if the newspaper would win on appeal, as gawker likely would have and as the newspaper here likely would-- the cost of litigation and appeal would be devastating.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Tim Whatley posted:

My bet is Hillary investigation.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

So this is just like his waterboarding promise right?

Gonna happen any day now...

any day...

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Withnail posted:

Well once you lose foxnews, you lose Trump. Tweet incoming...

But do we know how Fox and Friends feels?

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Tim Whatley posted:

Are we taking bets for Trumpy's major announcement tomorrow?

a. some stupid bullshit
b. Sessions stepping down to be AL write in candidate (new AG will fire Mueller)
c. Hillary investigation ordered
d. a

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Laura Ingraham walking some weird line between "Alabamians won't like Washington telling them what to do" and "Democrats never called for the resignation of Bob Menendez or Barney Frank fod being sexual predators".

I can't tell if she's trying to say Republicans are better for holding their guys to a standard or establishment hacks fighting the will of the people. She seems bad at this messaging thing.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

Oh god I was hoping this wouldn't happen, she might say and do a bunch of dumb poo poo and be a garbage Republican but his wife is 100% one of his victims oh god I'm so sad right now. :smith:

There is always more and its always worse. :smith:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

They can't, ballot access laws in Alabama are basically impossible

Ahh, I'd considered that might be the case, but I was maybe phone posting or just too lazy to look it up.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

STAC Goat posted:

Laura Ingraham walking some weird line between "Alabamians won't like Washington telling them what to do" and "Democrats never called for the resignation of Bob Menendez or Barney Frank fod being sexual predators".

I can't tell if she's trying to say Republicans are better for holding their guys to a standard or establishment hacks fighting the will of the people. She seems bad at this messaging thing.

Bob Menendez was never a sexual predator, the whole story was made up attempted blackmail for something that never happened. His actual corruption was entirely seperate.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Missed opportunity to edit Pepe Silvia in there

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

He looks like he'd be right at home in a white polo and holding a tiki torch.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

As for things that are good in Alabama, Equal Justice Initiative's museum and memorial opens up in April in Montgomery :unsmith:

https://museumandmemorial.eji.org/news/museum-and-memorial-opening-april-26-2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Bob Menendez was never a sexual predator, the whole story was made up attempted blackmail for something that never happened. His actual corruption was entirely seperate.

I actually thought that was given information. My bad. It was a baseless smear and Ingraham made absolutely no mention of that and comparsd it to the Moore stuff. Which is why I couldn't tell what she was getting at and whether it was a defense of Moore as a victim of smears, a condemnation of Dems pretending a proven lie was credible, or both.

I should have been more clear. My bad.

I'm watching Ingraham for the first time and she's real bad. She just did a segment condemning Jon Stewart for including Louis CK in his autism chairty special and then after pulling him saying he was "shocked" when he should have known CK was "a sleazeball" and "a perv". She finished with "I guess Mr Daily Show was so informed after all. I won't support anything he does... except his autism charity, it's very good."

She's really bad and confusing and makes me confused and I'm starting to appreciate Hannity more.

I also thought I was in the RWM thread and I'm all turned around.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://twitter.com/geoffreyvs/status/930639519673659392

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Teddybear posted:

First off, dude lists "JD MA" after his name, which I only know insufferable and insecure lawyers to do. Most put "Esq." if anything.

Second, his bio page ( https://www.liddonlaw.com/trent-garmon/ ) indicates he's a personal injury lawyer with no specialization in defamation. Could Moore not get an Alabama defamation firm? Hell, he could probably get a defamation firm anywhere and get them admitted pro hac vice for the proceedings, given the notoriety.

Third, this was very very clearly sent to the instate newspapers rather than the Post in an attempt to intimidate the story out of the local news, and keep it out of a federal court or a D.C. Court. He's gambling that an Alabama jury will be very friendly to him over the media. The echoes of the Gawker case are here-- even if the newspaper would win on appeal, as gawker likely would have and as the newspaper here likely would-- the cost of litigation and appeal would be devastating.

His bio brags of representing Moore before and he’s a chaplain, so I assume that’s why he’s on the case

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

That blue wave is getting bigger.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

TARDISman posted:

My favorite part is how he genuinely seems to be choked up that one of his heroes is undeniably a loving monster got caught.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

STAC Goat posted:

I actually thought that was given information. My bad. It was a baseless smear and Ingraham made absolutely no mention of that and comparsd it to the Moore stuff. Which is why I couldn't tell what she was getting at and whether it was a defense of Moore as a victim of smears, a condemnation of Dems pretending a proven lie was credible, or both.

I should have been more clear. My bad.

I'm watching Ingraham for the first time and she's real bad. She just did a segment condemning Jon Stewart for including Louis CK in his autism chairty special and then after pulling him saying he was "shocked" when he should have known CK was "a sleazeball" and "a perv". She finished with "I guess Mr Daily Show was so informed after all. I won't support anything he does... except his autism charity, it's very good."

She's really bad and confusing and makes me confused and I'm starting to appreciate Hannity more.

I also thought I was in the RWM thread and I'm all turned around.

TBH Stewart actually should have known CK was a perv. It was an open secret and people have known for years especially in comedy circles.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

farraday posted:

Huh I can’t imagine what rights in 1965 he could possibly be talking about.

Probably nothing.

He might be referring to Griswold vs Connecticut, too.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
How the gently caress has Hannity not gotten raked over the coals for sexual harassment? There's no way that fucker isn't the absolute worst to his coworkers.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

It's rad this guys hair is already pre-swirlied.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

How the gently caress has Hannity not gotten raked over the coals for sexual harassment? There's no way that fucker isn't the absolute worst to his coworkers.

Last I heard he is literally the biggest drawing segment they have right now. Old white people loving love him apparently?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Teddybear posted:

i noticed moore doesnt dare sue anyone who can remove to federal court too, which is why he's only targeting the alabama newspaper. because the post isn't an alabama citizen it'd get right out of any alabama court.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Furnaceface posted:

Last I heard he is literally the biggest drawing segment they have right now. Old white people loving love him apparently?

Before Hannity, O'Reiley was their biggest star and he went down cause of sexual harassment anyway. Maybe it just needs to be a LOT of sexual harassment to sink him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

TBH Stewart actually should have known CK was a perv. It was an open secret and people have known for years especially in comedy circles.

I basically agree that no one should have been "shocked" but Ingraham's argument wasnt "There have been rumors of this for years" it was "he tells dirty jokes." And a weirdly outdated "slam dunk" on "Mr Daily Show".

I mean, I'm just going to stop because clearly trying to make sense of Ingraham's bullshit has destroyed my ability to express my thoughts in a clear way.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

"Yeah, just put 'Election Rigging' in the memo spot on the check"

EDIT: I was just making a joke, but that is actually what appears to have happened

They wanted to get caught to cause chaos

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There was an accusation last year that kind of disappeared which I guess we can assume was settled, it make it was just as rumor. He seems like just not if a general shithead than any specific kind of harasser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Lightning Knight posted:

He pulled a gun on a guest once IIRC. Still chugging along.

• Locked thread