Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiscoDickTease
Mar 19, 2009

Hi, boys and girls, I'm Jimmy Carl Black, and I'm the Indian of the group!

I think I have finally rectified the unbelievable ground loop with my new EP-2 Echoplex! Also my new Rangemaster atop the amp.

Also note the grey Fender cables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

DiscoDickTease posted:

I think I have finally rectified the unbelievable ground loop with my new EP-2 Echoplex! Also my new Rangemaster atop the amp.

Awesome rig. A treble booster and a tape delay into a nice tube amp would probably be enough to stop me buying dumb pedals forever.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

DiscoDickTease posted:

I can feel my ears ringing just looking at it. Impressive.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.

DiscoDickTease posted:

give me all of your money since you obviously have tons.

Seriously that's like a dream rig.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
And gently caress you too.

DiscoDickTease
Mar 19, 2009

The head was free, the Echoplex was part of a tax rebate, the tall cab and guitar were a gift, and the other cab I paid next to nothing for.

Kijiji is my bitch!

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
A Boss KM-2 popped up on my Reverb feed last month and it blew my mind. There was the answer to how I was going to run parallel effects! So I dug a little deeper and discovered Boss offered a line of mini pedal-sized mixers for a few years in the late 70s and early 80s that were aimed at keyboard players but they stopped making them because nobody had any use for them. Neat. But that means they rarely come up for sale now. The KM-2 guy on Reverb wouldn't ship to Canada so I've been lying in wait ready to snipe the next one that popped up on eBay, which brings me to my point: I sniped the gently caress out of a KM-04 for $16usd today. :synpa:

*Stock photo.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

holy shitballs at this entire page so far o_O

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Handen posted:

A Boss KM-2 popped up on my Reverb feed last month and it blew my mind. There was the answer to how I was going to run parallel effects! So I dug a little deeper and discovered Boss offered a line of mini pedal-sized mixers for a few years in the late 70s and early 80s that were aimed at keyboard players but they stopped making them because nobody had any use for them. Neat. But that means they rarely come up for sale now. The KM-2 guy on Reverb wouldn't ship to Canada so I've been lying in wait ready to snipe the next one that popped up on eBay, which brings me to my point: I sniped the gently caress out of a KM-04 for $16usd today. :synpa:

*Stock photo.
Now I know where the Behringer Micromix MX400 got its inspiration from. At $25 new and still in production it's not a bad alternative if you have trouble finding those Boss mixers second hand.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Handen posted:

*Stock photo.

If you get in that situation again, and it's a smoking deal, I live on the border with Michigan and could re-ship it to you. Again, this would be last case scenario as you'd be paying shipping twice, but thought it'd toss the offer out. :downs:

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
Figured I'd display my new VI. And the new stand I got to hold the triplets.

On a side note: I should have gotten a stand like this some time ago. I can't stand the A-frame stands that got really popular about 10ish years ago, but on stage, that's sometimes all you have room for.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Ohh your pic reminds me, I just got back my old war horse.
I've had this thing for years and it's always been my gigging guitar, I post it here because it just came back from the luthiers with a fret dress, new Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder pick ups, new tremolo unit, new bridge and a rewire.
The thing is dinged up to hell, the pic makes it look nicer than it is, but I love it's roughness, every ding was done by me, that guitar is part of me.

poo poo I have had it almost 20 years!

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Mar 19, 2015

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Apropos of nothing, I just caught up with the thread, and in between fits of apoplectic jealousy, I've been thinking about what could make an autoharp cool.

I want to hear one all dirty and delayed and shoegazey as gently caress.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Allen Wren posted:

Apropos of nothing, I just caught up with the thread, and in between fits of apoplectic jealousy, I've been thinking about what could make an autoharp cool.

I want to hear one all dirty and delayed and shoegazey as gently caress.

It sounds pretty got with a bit of reverb on that one PJ Harvey-album:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Va0w5pxFkAM

Skip to 0:30

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

So far I've turned it on and updated the firmware.
I'm actually reading the drat manual while watching Archer.

I skipped to the end, there's actually a no-poo poo recipe Chicken and Andouille Gumbo on the last page.
Oh hey, I grabbed the software control manual and there's a recipe for Redfish Couvillion on the last page.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

QSC KW-153's.
gently caress they're absolutely as loud as balls, and for a small-ish room I don't think a sub will be a necessity.

That said, for the big rooms and outdoor shows I've got a pair of 18" JBL's on the way.

Between the board, 2 QSC K12's, 2 QSC K10's (primarily for the Axe-FX, but I rarely have onstage sound anymore, but they make fantastic near/side fills), 2 KW-153's, 2 JBL 18's and 4 EV 112P's I think I'm set for everything but the few festivals every year (where sound is provided anyway).

Now to get in, plug all this poo poo up, blast some Anthrax and pretend I'm 14 again.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

iostream.h posted:

a no-poo poo recipe Chicken and Andouille Gumbo

I generally prefer my gumbo without poo poo, so that's good to know.

sensy v2.0
May 12, 2001

I got a good deal so I bought this ridiculous thing:

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Eh... didn't wanna buy a house anyway.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Boooo-urns!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Hi, everyone.
I have a friend from way back who contacted me and asked about components and vendors for building a true Stratocaster-style "Blues Guitar." We talked about it for months.

The electronics, the hardware, and the wood are all in the hands of a luthier being put together right now. I have two pictures to share on his behalf. He's not around here, so I am just sharing the pics.

I didn't advise him to put quilted maple on the guitar, but to be fair I did suggest Southern Ash wood and you can see that's what he chose for the body material because its grain is very obvious in the pickup/control routs.

I can't wait to see this guitar finished. I wish I had the cash to do something like this (but I would do a simple tobacco sunburst without the figured maple):

I suspect my friend could have paid less, but on the other hand I think it's going to be an amazing guitar when it's done.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Mar 31, 2015

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Und wenn du lange in einen Schuh blickst, blickt der Schuh auch in dich hinein.

swapped out my DSL50 for an AC15C2, so stoked to put it through its paces tonight!

pardon the insta-filter

uncle spero
Nov 18, 2011

Bobby couldn't make it...
'till he went fun-truckin'!
Any word on what your friend is having done for the guts of that guitar Faustus? Anything crazy or normal strat hss?

DiscoDickTease
Mar 19, 2009

Because I needed another phaser, and I felt that it should AT LEAST be the size of a loving laptop.

Also note the rarer than poo poo footswitch!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

uncle spero posted:

Any word on what your friend is having done for the guts of that guitar Faustus? Anything crazy or normal strat hss?
Here's the latest, but it may change:

I suggested Fender Texas Specials for the middle and neck. I think that's pretty safe. I told him if he wanted to go low-output he could put a DiMarzio True Velvet in the middle, and if he wanted more gain he should put a DiMarzio Malmsteen pickup in the neck. I think he's going with the Texas Specials.

As far as the bridge pickup is concerned, I told him about all of mine.
Here is the full list, bear in mind I strongly recommended he put a push/pull pot with series/parallel switching on whatever he chose to install, along with the right capacitor to clean up (roll off the low end) if he backs off the volume:
Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates
SD Custom
SD JB

I think he's gonna go with Andy Timmons' pickup instead. I think he plans on using a three-ply white Strat pickguard, so the white guard with a black stripe around the edge.

I'll come back when it's done, because honestly, quilted or not, I think it's gonna be an amazing guitar.

And you can't call him a BluesDad. He's a Dad, but he plays RacerX sometimes. :)

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Great. After looking at that thing, now I want a tiger guitar

niff
Jul 4, 2010

Handen posted:

*Stock photo.

Sweet deal. If you need foot control (and you're only using two signals) the Boss LS-2 can do this - I run stereo from my bass (rickenbacker) into two separate fuzzes, blend them together using A+B MIX setting into a combined signal to go to the rest of my effects. I have experimented using a synth into the regular input as well, so when the pedal is on I have blended parallel bass fuzz, bypassed I am then running a different mono input source - I plan on getting a Grendel Drone Commander eventually so this could be the perfect solution.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
I know what my next purchase will be... assuming I can find it.

My Sunn 300T has a footpedal that toggles the channel selection, the EQ, and the compression. It connects via a non-shielded cord with 1/4" plug ends... and it's gone. No idea where it's gone to, either. I can use an instrument cable, of course, but screw that. I want the right cable!

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

DiscoDickTease posted:

Because I needed another phaser, and I felt that it should AT LEAST be the size of a loving laptop.

Also note the rarer than poo poo footswitch!

Goddamn dude, I've been doing research on a new phaser the last few days and this is pretty much at the top of the list! Looks like all the cool old phasers are loving giant. Nice that you got it with the footswitch AND the variable dial! The way it ramps between speeds sounds amazing. Looking forward to hearing about your experience with it after playing for a bit.

E: scrolled up and youre also the guy with the echoplex/marshall setup. Just stop it.

DiscoDickTease
Mar 19, 2009

It's a cool phaser. I like it more than my script logo Phase 90. They do different things.

To be honest I was just going to bed and got bored and looked on Kijiji to see if there were any in the area and I found this one for cheap so I bought it lol.

Also the Marshal is in the shop as I am trying KT66's for once in my life.

You probably don't want to see the 2 racks full of guitars and wall of amps...

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
When my brother and I were kids, we had cheapo Squier instruments that we played through a Peavey KB300. Take a minute to appreciate that: this was well before Squier instruments were any good, and we played them on a high-end, hell legendary, Black Widow®-equipped, 3-channel amplifier of awesomeness that I still own. But, it obviously has no distortion, and we were just kids, so we asked for a pedal.

We got a DOD FX20B. That's probably the moment I started to focus on bass, and my brother borrowed someone's Gorilla amp.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

DiscoDickTease posted:

You probably don't want to see the 2 racks full of guitars and wall of amps...
On the contrary...

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

tarlibone posted:

When my brother and I were kids, we had cheapo Squier instruments that we played through a Peavey KB300. Take a minute to appreciate that: this was well before Squier instruments were any good, and we played them on a high-end, hell legendary, Black Widow®-equipped, 3-channel amplifier of awesomeness that I still own. But, it obviously has no distortion, and we were just kids, so we asked for a pedal.

With the right pedal that thing could probably level an entire city block.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
Well I officially adopted the Godin, I couldn't sell it for what I thought was a fair price so I'm keeping it. It's kind of a shame because it really is a super nice guitar, the pickups are very good sounding and the hardware is really nice.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Ohmygodorangeprincetonhow?!

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Never owned anything with a maple neck before...It's very pretty :yayclod:

feat. seatbelt strap

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

NTT posted:

Never owned anything with a maple neck before...It's very pretty :yayclod:

feat. seatbelt strap

I like the surf green color. Is it satin or the stick crap? I have a sticky crap Telecaster and when I am bending strings it feels like my fingers are pushing into a cars dashboard on a hot day. :/ I have a cheapo Squire VM with satin maple, and it will probably get filthy but it slides so nicely.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The words they use are catalyzed urethane. It shipped with frets sharp enough to cut my loving hand open but it keeps its tuning really well, even when I go pretty insane with the bends. It's a lot of fun and I'm glad I picked it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

NTT posted:

The words they use are catalyzed urethane. It shipped with frets sharp enough to cut my loving hand open but it keeps its tuning really well, even when I go pretty insane with the bends. It's a lot of fun and I'm glad I picked it up.

I worked on that exact guitar another goon owned and I realized that it actually wasn't the frets that were sharp. What they did was cut the fret tangs short then fill the slots with some sort of filler compound that expanded out. It was really easy to knock down with a file.

After The War posted:

Ohmygodorangeprincetonhow?!

It ws special edition of the 65 Reissue they put out a few years ago. I actually didn't care about the orange, it was the last Princeton they had, so I got it at normal price. But now I'm really glad it's different.