Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Say Nothing posted:

But is that the Bret Hart? Barry Horowitz wrestled under the name Bret Hart early in his career.

Probably. Bret talks about wrestling Hogan in his book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

But is that the Bret Hart? Barry Horowitz wrestled under the name Bret Hart early in his career.

Jack Hart, actually

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Also Barry Hart, Bret Hart and Brett Hart. He had a few ring names.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Aesop Poprock posted:

How is a lariat a hold

Well see the original lariat was a running clothesline into a side headlock with a twist that popped the opponent's head clean off. That's why jobbers existed, they're expendable and go unnoticed, but the more famous/popular wrestlers lobbied to have it changed. Hanson relented and retorted with "buncha pussies losing their heads over nothing"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Bret Hart started wrestling in '78 and was pushed to the top of the card in Stampede almost immediately by his dad so I can imagine them matching him up with a green as poo poo Hogan in NWA to try to make him look better and give him some more legitimacy

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Say Nothing posted:

Also Barry Hart, Bret Hart and Brett Hart. He had a few ring names.

Did he wrestle as Butt "The Shitman" Fart, too?

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

Thauros posted:

Old Georgia card from 36 years ago this day.

"Sterling Golden" was Hulk Hogan, so Hogan vs. Bret occured WAY earlier than almost anyone would've imagined. I didn't know Bret was even active in the late '70s.

Also, if you edit out the Austin Idol part the Stan Hansen "Famous Lariat Hold" would be a cool avatar.

e: i might use one of these if nobody else wants them

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Aesop Poprock posted:

Bret Hart started wrestling in '78 and was pushed to the top of the card in Stampede almost immediately by his dad

Stu: Just because you're my son you don't get preferential treatment. If you want to be top of the card, you better be the best there is :mad:
Bret: :smug:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Followed by Bret getting thrown down a staircase and his older brothers pissing in his mouth

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

oldpainless posted:

Followed by Bret getting thrown down a staircase and his older brothers pissing in his mouth

lmao

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

oldpainless posted:

Well nobody said becoming the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be would be easy! :colbert:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

oldpainless posted:

Best there ever will pee, excellence of excretion

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gonz posted:

Stan Hansen had to register his arms with the state.

It's ok as long as he doesn't wear sleeves.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Please tell me that didn't actually happen to Bret. I wouldn't doubt it's true.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

Every piss story you've ever heard about Bret is true

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

It did to him and Owen but it was when they were younger and his dad would make all the brothers shower together to save money or aomething. Although the thought of that happening well into adulthood is not unbelievable considering the family lmao

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

6EQUJ5 6 7 posted:

To be fair, I only recall 1 story of getting chunked down stairs. Stu liked a much more hands on, personal form of torture.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
And yet Teddy Hart is the only one labelled the weird one.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Thauros posted:

Old Georgia card from 36 years ago this day.

"Sterling Golden" was Hulk Hogan, so Hogan vs. Bret occured WAY earlier than almost anyone would've imagined. I didn't know Bret was even active in the late '70s.

Also, if you edit out the Austin Idol part the Stan Hansen "Famous Lariat Hold" would be a cool avatar.

I love that Tommy Rich's opponent is literally named K K K. I wonder what his gimmick could be.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
That is thee Bret Hart, he worked GCW in 1979.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Is that a specially made controller? If not, that might be a bit of a wasted gift.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Wazzu posted:

Is that a specially made controller? If not, that might be a bit of a wasted gift.

Looks like a regular old DS4. You can see that one of his hands dwarfs the controller. How does Bog How even play without crushing it to dust

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I wonder how wwe wrestlers feel if they have to beat themselves up in a game?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

on twitter someone asked Show if he can even use a standard ds4 and he said it's difficult but hes used to it

Another person accused him of being a fake gamer and he said he's top 1% of light level and k/d so the big show vapes and is obsessed with destiny

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
At least he quit smoking.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

oatgan posted:

on twitter someone asked Show if he can even use a standard ds4 and he said it's difficult but hes used to it

Another person accused him of being a fake gamer and he said he's top 1% of light level and k/d so the big show vapes and is obsessed with destiny

"I'M THE BIG SHOW! I HAVE 330 LIGHT!"

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

PunkBoy posted:

"I'M THE BIG SHOW! I HAVE 330 LIGHT!"

"MAKE ME RETIRE!"

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Big Show is cool just never have him appear on my TV again

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

HerraS posted:

Have him appear on my TV, and talk a lot and be his charming self, and maybe chokeslam a dude but no extended programs thanks

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

MotU posted:

Have him appear on my TV, and talk a lot and be his charming self, and maybe Get f5d by Brock Lesnar but no extended programs thanks

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

HerraS posted:

Everyone of Big Show's age and record should ascend to the Shadowy Board of Shadowy Figures by this point and only be seen sitting around a table in a dark room somewhere, speaking cryptically about "the plan," probably while vaping.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

MotU posted:

Have him appear on my TV, and talk a lot and be his charming self, and maybe get FUd by the john cena but no extended programs thanks

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
If the Authority ever does take a break, I think Show would be a fine babyface "President" figure like Monsoon was. Respected enough (and big enough) that the heels will get reigned in, face enough to do the right thing. Re-enact Monsoon throwing Heenan out of the building except JBL or something.

Plus he could let himself go and never have to work a match and be fat and dumpy like he likes to get every few years:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

MotU posted:

Have him appear on my TV, and talk a lot and be his charming self, and punch Miz in the face but no extended programs thanks

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war

Sum Mors posted:

If the Authority ever does take a break, I think Show would be a fine babyface "President" figure like Monsoon was. Respected enough (and big enough) that the heels will get reigned in, face enough to do the right thing. Re-enact Monsoon throwing Heenan out of the building except JBL or something.

Plus he could let himself go and never have to work a match and be fat and dumpy like he likes to get every few years:

That's a really good idea. I think people would be into Show as the President too.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

"homemade" chili

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Eating 5 of those "Gibroni" burgers at a time was probably a bad idea in hindsight, Jerry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!

Gonz posted:

Eating 5 of those "Gibroni" burgers at a time was probably a bad idea in hindsight, Jerry.

5 below is his comfort zone