Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Guess I'll play by myself.

Again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I'd be playing if I had a PS4, not that that helps

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

TheRealestMatt posted:

Again.

The sad lonely existence of an EDF fan.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
There's EDF fans (looking at one), I'm just hella busy every day cuz of work. :v:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
New Wolfenstein on Vessel is GREAT.

Killed your loving dog, Rudi

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

TheRealestMatt posted:

Anybody else playing EDF 4.1? Or am I the only one?

That's what we (don't actually at all but sorta technically through t-shirts and vessel) pay you for!

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

That's what we (don't actually at all but sorta technically through t-shirts and vessel) pay you for!

drat.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Just wait for it to come out on steam imo :c00l:

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

TheRealestMatt posted:

Again.

How is it? Haven't dived into EDF since the first. May give it a shot.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Releasing around the same time as xenoblade x and yakuza 5 was a bad idea

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

But it's better than both.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TheRealestMatt posted:

Yeah Y5 really crushes EDF and Xenoblade.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

TheRealestMatt posted:

Anybody else playing EDF 4.1? Or am I the only one?

Got a friend who has been playing it a ton instead of touching Xenoblade Chronicles X or Yakuza 5. He's really enjoying it.

edit: I've been lost down the Witcher hole. I decided to finish Witcher 3. 80ish hours. Still not done.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

Good enough for me. I've been looking for an excuse to dive back into EDF.
Starting download now.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
There's probably an EDF minigame inside yakuza 5 somewhere, it has everything else.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Visidan posted:

There's probably an EDF minigame inside yakuza 5 somewhere, it has everything else.

It has Virtua Fighter 2 with online capability in it :psyduck:

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Yardbomb posted:

It has Virtua Fighter 2 with online capability in it :psyduck:

Yikes, I need to check out more arcades. Only one I stumbled on was the drum game.

EDF done. Off to kill ants.

EDIT: :allears: Off to a great start.

PSN is Laxjeff2002 if anyone wants to play.

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Dec 15, 2015

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I just watched an episode of the X Files where the badguy plays a bunch of Virtua Fighter in an arcade that has the Green Hill Zone music constantly playing

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

lets hang out posted:

one day Daigo will stop disappointing me

HE SURE AS HELL DOESN'T IN 5.

It's loving great, the very first time he's in game he's just crying to Kiryu all 'I'm doing my best man but we're so hosed' and Kiryu is just all 'nope, get out of my cab bro'. It's the best.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

That actually bums me out because by the end of 2 it was like he had gotten his poo poo together and then he's been a trainwreck in every single game since. Someone at Sega really doesn't like him.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Liam the Liar shittalking the Garou arc

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rodyle posted:

That is hosed up

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Listening to last week's podcast since I fell a bit behind and hearing Matt & Woolie's California stories and Matt talking poo poo about the Video Game Awards are both magnificent.

"Liam isn't here so I have to be the stupid one." loving lmao

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Better Woolie seems like a pretty fun guy

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
RE0: Wesker runs headfirst into walls edition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIyYlJiF-9s

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Oh man. EDF 4.1 is amazing. Totally worth the purchase.

I entered a random multiplayer match playing the first level on Inferno (hardest difficulty), and two of them called in giant mechs Matt talked about on the podcast. Amazing, and hilarious because ants are completely swarming the mech (crawling up its body and such)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
matt and woolie are really over-analyzing the FFX bosses but then again that's how these things go

pat cheats, liam gunjumps, and woolie lames it out. matt takes on the playstyle of whoever he's partnered with, like a chameleon

a cowardmeleon

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Dec 15, 2015

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I am absolutely loving the 3-person format for the Bloodborne DLC, having Pat play while Woolie and Matt comment/heckle is a really enjoyable dynamic.

It would be really fun to see the same format for Dark Souls 3, and also a DS1 LP if it were ever made

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

WHAT

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Only Liam can think that OnePunch-Man gets worse after the sea king arc. wow.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rodyle posted:

I came in here specifically to remark on how loving wrong Liam is about this, and how he should shut his mouth, garou rules.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I can kinda see where he's coming from. It feels like this arc has been going on for awhile.

But it does contain the stuff with King, which is great. I love how they're foreshadowing that in the anime. :allears: (Maybe it was foreshadowed in the manga too, Ive just forgotten)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I did not expect to hear anyone mention Jimmy Neutron on the podcast this week

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm starting to forgive Liam for despair and astroboy, because this FFX lp is exposing woolie a lot on his observation skills.

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.

Tae posted:

I'm starting to forgive Liam for despair and astroboy, because this FFX lp is exposing woolie a lot on his observation skills.

They haven't leveled up since around the second update. I'm sure it's not a big deal but it's killing me a little inside.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Rodyle posted:

I can let a lot of things slide with Liam because he's Liam and therefore I expect a lot of poo poo, but this is where I draw the line

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Human posted:

They haven't leveled up since around the second update. I'm sure it's not a big deal but it's killing me a little inside.

In FFX, having one level is usually a really small upgrade since it's just one notch on the grid. From a viewing perspective, and from arguably a playing perspective, it's best to wait until you have a few built up so they're not diving into menus for two minutes every episode.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Why would I bother leveling up when I only have one move or two on the sphere grid? That would slow the LP down immensely. I usually wait until almost everyone in the party has 3 moves or more. And alot of the leveling and sphere grid management I'm gonna be doing off camera.

Think about actually making the LP man, not just how you would personally play.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

IN FAIRNESS, it's quite possible that when Liam says "the manga" doesn't hit the same highs of Sea King and Boros that he only reads the Murata version and thus doesn't know the level of insane payoff to Garou in the ONE version.

E: of course Murata only readers are POSERS so

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

TheRealestMatt posted:

Why would I bother leveling up when I only have one move or two on the sphere grid? That would slow the LP down immensely. I usually wait until almost everyone in the party has 3 moves or more. And alot of the leveling and sphere grid management I'm gonna be doing off camera.

Think about actually making the LP man, not just how you would personally play.

I feel like this comes up every time I've seen someone do an FFX LP; it's really just people with video game OCD making idle comments, nobody's actually criticizing you for not rushing to the grid every time you can move a peg. Though maybe people in the youtube comments are doing that, who knows with those subhumans.