Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Klungar posted:

What overlay are you using to give you this?

Seconded, that's a baller overlay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero

Saigyouji posted:

The poison in Toto-Rak is a special case. If you cleanse the tank (or whoever the highest enmity target is) during the coeurl fights, the boss will immediately use its poison ability again.

Thanks for this. This would explain a lot, actually, because I found the last boss easier to heal than them, except when people are mashing their faces into the flesh pods.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
I am considering moving to one of the EU servers. Do anybody know any good communities/FCs on any of them? I'd like to still have an active FC and people who aren't complete idiots to talk to/group with.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Klungar posted:

What overlay are you using to give you this?
Boten Anna linked me to it ages ago. If it doesn't work for you, miniparseGlowIconGraph that you have might be messed up, in which case just google it and github download the latest version.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Evil Fluffy posted:

Goddamn pun names. :argh:

If you hate pun names, you may be playing the wrong game.

To wit:

This Is How We Gundu
Panic Rheum
We Fought a Dzu
Say it Tulihand

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

See also: every single FATE name and half the quest names.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
Don't forget the majority of achievements.

Apparently some Japanese players wanted the Japanese names to be more like the English names so Heavensward's Japanese FATE names include some puns now too. But mostly we have Koji Fox to thank for the puns. His stance is that anything that isn't "in world" (so quest titles, FATE names, and achievements) is fair game for a pun.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

SilverSupernova posted:

So does Hildebrand's absence from the trailer earlier this week mean he's not going to be in 3.1? Should I hold on to hope?

I doubt there will be any surprise Hildebrand, but they did say a while ago that there will be a new side story series set in the St. Endalim Scholasticate seminary, so I'm assuming that we're going to get FFXIV-style high school comedy.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

The Chairman posted:

I doubt there will be any surprise Hildebrand, but they did say a while ago that there will be a new side story series set in the St. Endalim Scholasticate seminary, so I'm assuming that we're going to get FFXIV-style high school comedy.

I have never seen or heard of an anime in a high school. Truly groundbreaking.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Xenoveritas posted:

Don't forget the majority of achievements.

Apparently some Japanese players wanted the Japanese names to be more like the English names so Heavensward's Japanese FATE names include some puns now too. But mostly we have Koji Fox to thank for the puns. His stance is that anything that isn't "in world" (so quest titles, FATE names, and achievements) is fair game for a pun.

He is a great man.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just watched the trailer. So it looks like only the Vanu Vanu are getting beast tribe dallies? If so, it kind of blows that the inferior HW beast race gets their dallies first.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
i dont see the gnath dancing :colbert:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Dr Pepper posted:

This sentence is wrong for implying that WHM doesn't also pump out sick damage.

Oh trust me, I main WHM,I know. But in terms of raw healing WHMs out class SCH, but SCH can win with DPS, especially with AOE if you time your bane right.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
burst: whm>scholar
sustained: sch>whm
lol gtfo tier in both damage and healing: ast

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
I will demand Hildibrand with each patch :colbert:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
What was the SA thread like when Hildebrand came out?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Terrible. Is that a trick question?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Holyshoot posted:

What was the SA thread like when Hildebrand came out?

poo poo like always?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Unlucky7 posted:

I just watched the trailer. So it looks like only the Vanu Vanu are getting beast tribe dallies? If so, it kind of blows that the inferior HW beast race gets their dallies first.

I like the dancing weather-simile owl guys more than the stilt-walking hat-and-cape-wearing bug guys. And I don't say that often.

And didn't they split up the 2.x beast tribe quests over a couple patches? Since there's only two new tribes this time, it makes sense to separate them a bit.

Don't forget that not everyone has cleared all the game's content. Gotta strike a balance between new poo poo and old poo poo.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Kuvo posted:

i dont see the gnath dancing :colbert:

Yeah, give us bug-dance! :bahgawd:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I don't mind, being able to finish the Vanu quests prior to tackling the Gnath is okay by me.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

Don't worry I'm sure you'll get your 5 daily pebble searches soon.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
that's not funny

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
So I haven't played in a while, never quite finished HW story, has anything new come out? Are they expanding the endgame dungeon roulette at all?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Patch 3.1 is due November 10th. There are two new dungeons that will presumably make up a new EXDR but I don't think they've said so specifically. Depending on when you stopped, they've added Alexander normal and savage modes since Heavensward release.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

So I haven't played in a while, never quite finished HW story, has anything new come out? Are they expanding the endgame dungeon roulette at all?

Expert is still going to have 2 new dungeons. Hopefully they'll include ARF in some kind of a roulette. They're adding in a 24 man raid, plus a new type of collaborative island exploration that alliances can go around killing hard poo poo for gear.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

Expert is still going to have 2 new dungeons. Hopefully they'll include ARF in some kind of a roulette. They're adding in a 24 man raid, plus a new type of collaborative island exploration that alliances can go around killing hard poo poo for gear.

Plus super high end gathering that from the looks of it you need to be guarded while doing.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Guarding mining ops? Wow my favorite part of Eve comes to another game!

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
They should activate pvp during the exploration events, clearly.

LordNat
May 16, 2009

Sarrisan posted:

They should activate pvp during the exploration events, clearly.

If they added some kind of invasion to other FC's exploration's I'd be so happy.

Adventure Pigeon
Nov 8, 2005

I am a master storyteller.

LordNat posted:

If they added some kind of invasion to other FC's exploration's I'd be so happy.

I wouldn't mind inter-FC airship to airship battles with cool glamours as prizes.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

LordNat posted:

We'd finally learn who'd win in a battle, PBC or DGKK. Or that third one, whatever the third party is called. Those tools.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

seiferguy posted:

Which is why it drives me crazy when I get a scholar who doesn't DPS at all, because if you're just gonna sit there and heal, why aren't you playing WHM instead?

Slightly ashamed to admit to being that guy sometimes. Usually it's because I'm doing something else in another tab while I let the fairy handle heals for duty roulette.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

What's the best dyeable subligar that isn't Light Steel, or alternatively the most fabulous underwear style item for men?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

TheRagamuffin posted:

Slightly ashamed to admit to being that guy sometimes. Usually it's because I'm doing something else in another tab while I let the fairy handle heals for duty roulette.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHoNWwhzh3M

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

nuru posted:

What's the best dyeable subligar that isn't Light Steel, or alternatively the most fabulous underwear style item for men?

If you got stuff from the summer event, there's plenty of goodness there. Otherwise ... Coeurl Beach Maro or Coeurl Beach Briefs are both good.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

TheRagamuffin posted:

Generally, the times during which SCH dpsing during roulettes has the largest impact (when the dedicated DPS is poo poo at putting out numbers) is also when I generally am most likely to be lazy and not bother. Even if I could shave ten minutes off an expert roulette, it's much easier for me to just read forums and heal blindly during that time than actually spend any effort doing the same two dungeons four times a week.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
Does anyone use Specialspelltimer for ACT? If so, have your timers also freaked out and now display all at once all the time?

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

The Chairman posted:

But they didn't preview those in the trailer either, so maybe that's a choice they made to avoid spoiling them. My suspicion is that the quests will set themselves up to be some brand new thing, and then suddenly Hildibrand shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Zweihander01 posted:

But they didn't preview those in the trailer either, so maybe that's a choice they made to avoid spoiling them. My suspicion is that the quests will set themselves up to be some brand new thing, and then suddenly Hildibrand shows up.

'Welcome Students, to the Manderville Style of Inquisition!'

• Locked thread