Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Bashez posted:

Klay Thompson's contract was not luck at all. And it was a brilliant move.

True, but he didn't mention him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Metapod posting with all his burner accounts

He will swing the MVP vote in Russell's favor all by himself.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?

Metapod posted:

Lurkers I know you are out there POST YOU FUCKERS

I just relocated to a different country and now this thread is my only friend.

I'm a blazers fan and although I love Lillard I'm worried we are going to be 7/8th seed material. We don't have anyone who can play defence...

At least we got heart, ain't no bitchmade fools on the roster.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Durant didn't take a max at all.

It's a weird situation but whatever.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

straight up brolic posted:

draymond green after listening to an episode of dan carlin's hardcore history:

"look, when the ottomans conscripted young christian boys from the balkans to fight their wars, people in anatolia didn't get all pissed off, it's just what they did. this is how religious wars work. you can't get the caliphate to stretch as far as the setting sun unless you want it man. kevin is a selfless guy who just wants to win like us. i don't see why the nba has to function with a different set of rules."

Rename your podcast Hardcourt History

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

how the gently caress do you learn to shoot like this
https://twitter.com/spencertyrel/status/790607194244935687

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ghost Dog posted:

an mvp in his prime joining a historically good team has almost certainly never happened in any major american sport? i can't think of anything in basketball or football but maybe im wrong. i dont know what the nba could do to prevent it but it seems less routine than you are making it out to be

i mean the reason its never happened before is probably just cause no one that good at something is usually that loving bitchmade that their only hope at winning is gutting their oppositions main rivals and joining them
Basketball Reasons

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

A coworker yesterday tried to convince me that the Wizards will be the 4 or 5 seed in the East this year and thanks to the knowledge I have obtained from this thread I knew simply to laugh in his face.

Meanwhile, Famous Baseball Internet Man EVISCERATES Local Forums Poster

https://twitter.com/BMcCarthy32/status/790781989720698881

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
If PFZ's name is Todd it explains everything. If not, good troll.

e: Sullinger out 2-3 months. Woof

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Oct 25, 2016

Mountain Dew Code Bread
Mar 20, 2008

Metapod posted:

Pretty much all my basketball opinions come from this thread so I hardly ever have much to add. Although I did get LP this year so maybe I'll have more to say this time around.

Also I'm a Laker fan and that seems to be pretty well covered in here already, although through this thread I've come to appreciate all teams that aren't from the bay area.

evil_cheese
Sep 11, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm not sure how anyone is surprised. Who was thinking sully was gonna turn it around.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Metapod posted:

Orlando will regret trading away Baby Sabonis.

I walked by Serge Ibaka and Nicola Vucevic at the Orlando City Soccer match on Sunday. They were both very tall, which bodes well for the Magic this season.

Best case: Vogel finds lineups that work and they break even and lose a competitive playoff series
Worst case: The roster is just too weird and they stay in the 35-win doldrums

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Cool Buff Man posted:

If PFZ's name is Todd it explains everything. If not, good troll.

Ouch. Has he ever been out that long? Let's hope he doesn't go full Oliver Miller now.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Cavauro posted:

andey. uhh. varejao

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Jack's Flow posted:

Ouch. Has he ever been out that long? Let's hope he doesn't go full Oliver Miller now.

He missed about a third of the 2014-15 season with the same sort of injury (metatarsal fracture) in the same foot. Not sure if it's the same metatarsal but it's not great either way

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

chunkles posted:

including a one Punkin Spunkin, and a one chunkles. of course nobody would ever suspect that a man from oklahoma could successfully impersonate sophisticated cosmopolitans from texas.

Because a sophisticated Texan doesn't exist

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I was up way too early so I made a thread for the new season. It's time to start fresh!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3795365

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Away all Goats posted:

What's interesting is that it's not the weird offhand thing that's making the shot bad it's how he overrotates and drifts the lower half of his body

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dude dips his elbow in like 359°

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Metapod posted:

Because a sophisticated Texan doesn't exist

Hey now, I'm sure they do. I was once in Dallas and ate at an upscale cowboy restaurant. They had a special hanger for 10-gallon hats, iirc. I had the buffalo fillet mignon. It was good.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Quizzlefish posted:

I just relocated to a different country and now this thread is my only friend.

I'm a blazers fan and although I love Lillard I'm worried we are going to be 7/8th seed material. We don't have anyone who can play defence...

At least we got heart, ain't no bitchmade fools on the roster.

Hot Take: the Blazers are going to miss the playoffs.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Away all Goats posted:

;~;

I remember being excited, once
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/michael-kidd-gilchrist-charlotte-hornets-jump-shot/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Dexo posted:

I'm gonna end up Rooting for MCW or Caanan I think.

As a Sixers fan, I can tell you that this is not an enjoyable decision.

• Locked thread