Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You can keep that link, thank you. Keep it as far away from me as possible.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Cursed image thread is just across the hall, though!

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

loquacius posted:

Followup from the guy posting about Masons:

This one is short but sweet:

It actually included a picture as an attachment but it's really gross and I kinda didn't want to upload to Imgur to link it unless someone explicitly tells me they want to see it, so if you want to see what appears to be a bloody toenail next to an intact thumb (for scale) let me know

Upload that poo poo. I don't want to see it though, but post link.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Upload the photo, but post it over in the AUG thread. That way, we can see it over there, but you won't be exposed to it over here.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

man I'm not gonna explain this poo poo out of context in a thread I don't post in :colbert:

:nws::nms:here it is though:nms::nws:, feel free to repost it wherever if you want

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Why show a fingernail for scale? Show us the mangled toe too rear end in a top hat (the fesher, not loquacius).

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

feedmegin posted:

Your beers are about the same size coast to coast tho?

One of my haunts had a 'train beer' that was teensy tiny for a buck whenever the train went by

Other places the glasses are are hyoooge

(shrugs)

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Xun posted:

Tbh I have never heard of someone getting culture shock from moving to like, maryland from California. The biggest changes I’ve heard of has been like moving from a more rural area to urban. America is loving homogenous culture wise and the argument that just because it’s geographically big it’s got just as much differences in culture as other places is loving lol

You don't know poo poo

Be honest, you've lived in like, 2 cities, and hate 'America' as a proxy for yourself

So sorry you're boring and homogenous, Xun

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

loquacius posted:

man I'm not gonna explain this poo poo out of context in a thread I don't post in :colbert:

:nws::nms:here it is though:nms::nws:, feel free to repost it wherever if you want

That's it? Seriously? What the hell, I was expecting bubbling toes, dripping blood, something better than that. That's weak poo poo, fesher.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Man use that peroxide for something fun or useful! I use it to make various inorganic pigments and to gently caress some things up but mostly for pigments

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I figure Freemasons are generally up to horrible poo poo not because of a conspiracy but because they're a bunch of well-off old guys with a secret club.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I just cracked up at work thinking about the dude who broke his dick on a plastic booty

has his girlfriendWIFE been home to see the aftermath yet?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Why show a fingernail for scale? Show us the mangled toe too rear end in a top hat (the fesher, not loquacius).

god loving dammit he sent me another email with an attachment on it and now I'm gonna have to open that loving thing at some point :mad: I blame you for this

SKIPPING because they are very short: Puppetmaster reassuring us that he is still lying dormant because he is in love; someone just letting me know that there is an NSA datacenter in Utah

quote:

to the goon who sent in a fesh with a bunch of details from my life in an attempt to mock/not so subtly hint they have my dox:

I see what you did there.

My personal rule is to keep things cheeky and fun. I of course have your deets too, along with scores of other goons. But I'd never use them unless needed. So let's keep online online. Don't venture into The Real. There are monsters there.

imagining an extremely chris-chan-looking goon typing this from a Bond-villain chair while stroking a cat and cackling maniacally

quote:

I never thought of cranking it in a movie theater until I saw Incredibles 2. I didn't, because that would have been creepy in a room full of manchildren, but still. Elastigirl hits on too many fetishes in that movie, and the way those milf hips swing is ridiculous!

Well that's my story the end.

Yeah if your fetish is "middle-aged woman with cartoonishly-exaggerated hips and stretch powers riding a motorcycle" you are really gonna like that movie

my main gripe with it is that all the voice-actors really sound ten years older than in the first movie despite it taking place like one day later

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I was jerking it to elastigirl before it was cool. This is bullshit

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Elastigirl confessor: Are you this guy?

quote:

Hence the sight of Helen, accelerating off to work, away from her justly abandoned man, in her black mask, her long tall boots, and her empowering outfit, as tight as a second skin.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Serge Painsbourg posted:

Elastigirl confessor: Are you this guy?

My wife took the kids to see it without me and now I'm wondering if that was on purpose

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

tactlessbastard posted:

My wife took the kids to see it without me and now I'm wondering if that was on purpose

stretch those limbs for me baby
It’s my birthday

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

Hmmm... I emailed Pick some links about NSA stuff (anonymously) after she made that GBS thread.

Did I just type "saanonconfessions@gmail.com" into Guerillamail out of muscle memory... or did I type "sendthemtopick@gmail.com" as intended... and Loq is Pick? :tinfoil:

Mostly kidding but hey it's fun to muse.

Also, aliens did 9/11.

I'm guessing this is about the Utah data center thing, so, that explains that

quote:

I have a hard time respecting my own mom, and I feel lovely about it.

My mom is just very, I don't know, immature? She'll be 50 in a couple years, but she acts like a dramatic high school girl about everything. Mostly her new husband, which is the bulk of my issue. I know I know, "step dad issues" but he's legit terrible.

They've been together for like 10 years and got married a year ago. Even up until the marriage, her complaints were always the same: his family. He spoils his kids, three of which have already had multiple DUI's by age 30. He and his ex wife just don't do poo poo about it. They're small town Iowa morons who all drink and party like they're kids. So my mom would get pissed and they'd fight. I'd get a call about this pretty much every other week from the time they were together. He also would occasionally be very emotionally abusive to her, say things like he could never love her and that they were done. This would flip flop a week later.

Marriage didn't change this, surprise surprise. Now one of his deadbeat sons lives with them and does not clean or do anything. So they fight, she calls me crying and lamenting how she loves him though. What's important is that she also always says "I'd have nothing without him."

This is true to an extent. She works part time at a grocery store and couldn't live on her own with that money. She's lost like 4 jobs over the last 10 years, almost always because she was just too confrontational and didn't know how to suck up just enough to a boss. Being a dramatic teenager doesn't help. So while she is correct that she'd be screwed without him, it's hard to feel that bad about it since she's almost 50 with no savings or anything due to her personality. Based on her education and work experience, she can't expect much more.

Anymore when these calls happen regularly, where she cries and talks about some horrible thing he said, I just space out and wait to reply. It's a conversation I've had hundreds of times. I explain that he's a jackass and nobody should have to deal with it. He's an admitted racist, homophobe and sexist. Granted, she defends a lot of the racist poo poo because she's not the best on that either. I've told her multiple times that I don't respect him as a person, and that's even aside from how he treats her. She says she knows, and a week later I get the call that they're fine again. So I wait another week for her to call upset and "joking" about living with me. Which I'll just say now, never gonna happen.

It's to the point I don't want to go over to their place anymore. I'll have lunch with just her, but I hate sitting there and entertaining the notion that he's a decent person while they passive-aggressive fight in front of me.

I feel like a terrible son. I just don't even want to talk to her for weeks at a time sometimes. It's always drama, and it's usually the same poo poo. It stresses me out, because I've run out of answers and advice which clearly isn't being listened to. I just stare into the void while she rambles on and I occasionally insert a "right" or "mm hmm."

I'm thinking about telling her I just refuse to be around him again. I'll have lunch with her and call her, but I'm not going to their house ever again. To me it's either that or just dealing with a crying sobbing phone call regularly fwhile I silently sit there and wait to offer advice that won't be heeded until one of them dies.

anon tell your mom to get a divorce

What's she got to lose? You're grown up and everything (not that that matters, but The Kids are a lot of people's excuse not to end their marriages), she's obviously miserable. Tell her to get a divorce and if she tries to brush it off tell her you're serious and refuse to let the subject change. Do this enough times and either she'll listen or she'll stop talking to you about it.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

quote:

What if she creates the conditional "I'll divorce if I can live with you" ?

I'm not saying don't tell her to divorce because of this possibility. I'm saying to come up with your response to this possibility beforehand, whatever that response may be.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Throw momma from the train

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

thoughts and prayers posted:

You don't know poo poo

Be honest, you've lived in like, 2 cities, and hate 'America' as a proxy for yourself

So sorry you're boring and homogenous, Xun

Dude, you’re an expat....in your own country :laffo:

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
Freemasonry person: I've been a Freemason for 12 years, and I presume you have not. The things you describe don't match my experience at all, and I have first-hand experience with somebody who wanted to become a Freemason but then didn't because his Priest said no. So I guess my last post should have said "very few" instead of "nobody".

The official position of the Catholic church on Freemasonry isn't something that lapsed in medieval times. The church has put out an official statement on it as late as 1983: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_ban_of_Freemasonry#Current_position_of_the_Church_on_Catholics_joining_the_Fraternity

edit: misread the confession the first time.

Tinestram fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Sep 7, 2018

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

loquacius posted:

What's she got to lose?

her house and possessions, basically

it kinda sounds like the stepson is not the only massive deadbeat in the house tbqh

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

The confessor made it pretty clear that she's broke. Her only other option besides staying with the rear end in a top hat is to move in with her son. Which if you love your mother, confessor, you will do if she asks. Yeah it sucks but the alternative is her staying in her abusive relationship or dying alone in destitution

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

Hm, Loq has challenged me to find some of his self-submits. (stylometry fessor here)

He says he won't admit publicly if I'm right which rustles my jimmies a bit but ehh.

I think in response since he says he made ~5 submits, I should get 5 guesses.

This is my first guess Loq:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792439&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post465017582

PS: Please post the puppetmaster fesh even if it's short I would like to add the data to my corpus. Mhwahahaha.

I would absolutely admit publicly if you were right, I just wouldn't publicly say which one it was.

But this one isn't right. Sorry! (Keep trying though, this is a fun game :))

Here's that puppetmaster submission, since you asked.

quote:

Puppetmaster here. Rumors of my prolificity are greatly exaggerated. IIRC I sent in a fesh that I was hanging up my trolling hat because I wanted to spend time with :siren::smug: MY GIRLFRIEND :smug::siren: a few months ago.

We're still dating :3:

That one didn't count, so:

quote:

Drinking problem goon here. Just wanted to say I haven't had a drink in a week now. I'm not giving up on alcohol, but I'm gonna try to keep it confined to weekends and special occasions.

Good! Try that for a while and see how you do with it -- if you end up binging every weekend, maybe you'll need to scale it back farther, but don't worry about that just yet. Baby steps.

That one was also really short, so:

quote:

his the lamest thing to confess but I really like doing complicated 1000 piece (or more) puzzles. I know it's a grandma thing to be into but it's really relaxing to me. I do mostly landscapes or puzzles of famous artwork so if I like the finished product I'll fix it together and put it up. I donate any puzzle I finish and don't do that with. I get and complete about 10 of them a year and keep 1 or 2. Over the last 5 years I've probably completed about 50-60 puzzles.

It hasn't bothered me much but I got out of a long relationship earlier this year and recently started dating again so my dumb anxiety brain is freaking about it. My last boyfriend didn't care and I do a bunch of other things but I don't know how to bring it up and not feel awkward about it. I don't want to surprise a guy coming over to my place with my wall of puzzles.

Don't worry too much -- it's just a quirky hobby and will come off as such. How many on the wall are we talking, though? The 50-60 number seemed to be total finished, not total walled.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SKIPPED: someone talking about a really gross masturbation session involving raw beef, because it was gross; a couple of pictures from the toe peroxide guy for the same reason. (I haven't even clicked them lol) yeah I eat rear end, the latter were basically addressed to you; I kind of don't wanna gently caress around with them long enough to post them somewhere but if you'd post an email address I can send them along and you can do whatever with them.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Yeah umm...no thanks. I wasn't that curious.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The aspie husband fesh was a decent guess because it mentioned (a) being married, and (b) easy work, both of which are things I've talked about, but I don't currently have an easy job and eventually hated when I did, and my sadbrains problems do not include difficulty with social cues. So nope.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I love 1000 piece puzzles too, you're not alone grandma goon

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Puzzles are a good way to pass some time, especially if the power/internet is out, but gently caress the ones where half of it is a clear blue sky. At least give me some clouds to work with.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I've seen puzzles where there's not even a picture, you're just supposed to figure it out by piece shape. Like if you tried doing a regular puzzle face down.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
There are puzzles where the edge pieces have open connections so you can't rely on getting the edge first.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

loquacius posted:

Don't worry too much -- it's just a quirky hobby and will come off as such. How many on the wall are we talking, though? The 50-60 number seemed to be total finished, not total walled.
She says she keeps 1-2 a year for the last 5 years, so 5-10. Math!

That is kind of a lot of puzzles on the walls unless you have a whole house. Absolutely keep doing puzzles if you like them, but yeah a lot of guys are gonna be shitheads, big shock. I have some grandma hobby stuff around and it's not a big hit. Keep looking, my bestie and her husband act like 80-year-olds and do puzzles together :3:

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Xun posted:

Dude, you’re an expat....in your own country :laffo:

What are you talking about?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Anne Whateley posted:

She says she keeps 1-2 a year for the last 5 years, so 5-10. Math!

Depending on how they are hung, that could be a bunch or not even noticeable. If they are all on one wall, yeah, thats kinda weird, but if they are just scattered around like they were normal wall hangings it would be pretty cool and unique.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Puzzle goon, I do the same thing but with cross stitching. I think it is pretty and if I dated someone who was skeeved by it I wouldn’t wanna date them anymore anyway.

Goon with mom in abusive relationship, you are absolutely right to set boundaries with her. She is draining your mental energy so she can use it to stay with her husband. That is like 100% terrible for both of you. Set whatever boundaries you feel are appropriate (the ones you said I think are good), but be ready for mom to try and guilt you into crossing them. She’s mentally dying in a toxic relationship and you’re the only thing that’s prevented it from going completely tails up, so it’s very likely she will react poorly to you declining to be used as a spare battery anymore. Best of luck.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

RFC2324 posted:

Depending on how they are hung, that could be a bunch or not even noticeable. If they are all on one wall, yeah, thats kinda weird, but if they are just scattered around like they were normal wall hangings it would be pretty cool and unique.

What? It would be cooler if they were all on one wall... even cooler if there's a piece missing that you have to add and then the invisible passageway opens....

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
Look, maybe this is just me, but if I found someone attractive enough to visit their home, I wouldn’t be all “wait, there are puzzles on the wall? Sexual/romantic interest rescinded.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

burial posted:

Look, maybe this is just me, but if I found someone attractive enough to visit their home, I wouldn’t be all “wait, there are puzzles on the wall? Sexual/romantic interest rescinded.”

What if it was wall scrolls and swords?