Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Any advice on Wasteland 2? Should I go with a single PC and pre-gens, or should (can?) I make 4 separate characters myself? Is first aid/doctor essential? Do I need to have good coverage on all the noncombat skills, or is that not a huge deal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Finally, KB/M or controller?

KB/M makes you a better archer, controller makes you a slightly better sworder.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Arcturas posted:

Any advice on Wasteland 2? Should I go with a single PC and pre-gens, or should (can?) I make 4 separate characters myself? Is first aid/doctor essential? Do I need to have good coverage on all the noncombat skills, or is that not a huge deal?
Doctor is used to revive people who are bleeding out, while First Aid is used to heal people who are wounded but standing. Both are helpful, but it's particularly useful to have at least two people with Doctor so you don't lose everyone if the one goes down.

Intelligence, as usual, is cruicial, and the break points on it are 4, 8, and 10 - make sure to be on one of those. 8 is probably best for most characters.

Make a party of 4 (take pregens if you want), none of your people have character of their own, so it shouldn't matter too much.

There's a thread with a bunch of people and information.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Arcturas posted:

If you want to maximize and cheese the game you should go with four custom PCs and 10 in Intelligence to maximize skill points. You'll definitely need a first aid/surgeon character for healing. Status effects have a timer that can last minutes and characters can die permanently if not revived which requires a surgeon. Noncombat skills aren't as important because you can get through the game without them but they're worth a lot of experience points. Generally if you critically fail a skill and break something you can use another skill to repair it and give you another try.

You definitely want a good spread of weapons to avoid overlapping ammo which burns quick early to mid game. Generally speaking assault rifles and machine guns (heavy weapons) use the same spread of ammo as do handguns and SMGs although handguns/SMGs have a wider spread of weapons that use different ammo. Snipers mostly use unique ammo with a few overlapping with machine guns. Shotguns and energy weapons use unique ammo.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

theshim posted:

Doctor is used to revive people who are bleeding out, while First Aid is used to heal people who are wounded but standing. Both are helpful, but it's particularly useful to have at least two people with Doctor so you don't lose everyone if the one goes down.

Intelligence, as usual, is cruicial, and the break points on it are 4, 8, and 10 - make sure to be on one of those. 8 is probably best for most characters.

Make a party of 4 (take pregens if you want), none of your people have character of their own, so it shouldn't matter too much.

There's a thread with a bunch of people and information.

Thanks. Should I worry about the seemingly joke skills? (e.g. toaster repair)

EDIT: nvm, reading the Wasteland 2 thread. Thanks.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

juliuspringle posted:

Prison Architect, specifically things like why do the lights keep going off even though I have like 4 power plant things.

-You can buy capacitors for your power generations, as long as they are touching the generator even on the edges they'll boost the power generation. This is in general way more efficient than buying multiple generators unless you are going for redundancy or separate systems. Stuff like metal detectors and CCTVs and stuff take up a lot of power so once you get high tech you'll usually want to expand your generator/capacitors.

-Do the grants, they're a great way to get into the game and learn how to do stuff. And then just run your prisons into the ground a couple of times until you get it.

-Armed Guards are great for keeping prisoners in control, but being suppressed will also decrease their attendance in reform programs so be careful on that if you are trying to do classes.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Cactus posted:

I checked the wiki and didn't see an entry for it so what's the stuff I should bear in mind before I dive into Grim Dawn? I'm coming from the perspective of someone who has put far more hours than is healthy or sane into Diablo 3, so any things or habits from that I'll have to unlearn or any traps I could fall into from trying to play Grim Dawn in the same way would be handy to know. Can I gimp my character like how it's possible to in Titan Quest if skills aren't allocated properly?

Eh, it's pretty straightforward. Virtually any skill scales through what little content is currently available and you'll use one skill / one button 99% of the time.

juliuspringle
Jul 7, 2007

Zeron posted:

-You can buy capacitors for your power generations, as long as they are touching the generator even on the edges they'll boost the power generation. This is in general way more efficient than buying multiple generators unless you are going for redundancy or separate systems. Stuff like metal detectors and CCTVs and stuff take up a lot of power so once you get high tech you'll usually want to expand your generator/capacitors.

-Do the grants, they're a great way to get into the game and learn how to do stuff. And then just run your prisons into the ground a couple of times until you get it.

-Armed Guards are great for keeping prisoners in control, but being suppressed will also decrease their attendance in reform programs so be careful on that if you are trying to do classes.

Thanks, I actually finished the tutorial yesterday (I was just dicking around before). This game is pretty drat fun once you start to understand what you're doing.

Anyone have anything for FTL specifically as regards to all the new stuff? I'm flipping between that and Prison Architect lately.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Xeras posted:

Anything I should know for Child of Light?

When you get to a small village make sure you pick up a new party member before leaving, as you will have a hard time without him. He really shouldn't be possible to miss, but during the Giant Bomb quicklook they managed to miss him and the rest of the video was a miserable experience to both them and their viewers.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cactus posted:

I checked the wiki and didn't see an entry for it so what's the stuff I should bear in mind before I dive into Grim Dawn? I'm coming from the perspective of someone who has put far more hours than is healthy or sane into Diablo 3, so any things or habits from that I'll have to unlearn or any traps I could fall into from trying to play Grim Dawn in the same way would be handy to know. Can I gimp my character like how it's possible to in Titan Quest if skills aren't allocated properly?

As someone who absolutely loved TQ when it first came out...if you have any ability to skip Grim Dawn until it's improved or gets more content, then you should. It's been pretty disappointing so far. The game somehow manages to look worse than the original Titan Quest, and the skill trees are bloated with pointless filler. Maybe this was fine for ARPGs back in 2007 but when games like D3 give you a full complement of fun, impactful skills by level 10, it'll feel slow as molasses by comparison.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Arcturas posted:

I think some of this is mentioned in the wiki but:

* You really want 8/10 intelligence on all your characters. Skill points are hella important (since half the pre-gens don't even have 4 int, they're kinda terrible). The breaking points for new skill points per level is 4/8/10 Int (just for your information when leveling up NPC's)

* A different weapon skill for each character. Assault rifles, shotguns, snipers, and one person who splits their points between smg's and energy weapons, since those have separate specialized uses. Handguns kinda suck throughout.

* One person with high Charisma and the Leadership skill. (Doesn't have to be the first person you create - no one in your team is "the leader"). This could be the only character with only 4 Int if you're short on points. Leadership stops additional NPC followers from following their own stupid AI initiative ("going rogue") and boosts your entire teams accuracy. Very useful in the beginning levels.

* Each character should specialize in 3-5 skills (including the weapon skills). The only overlap should be in Field Medic / Surgeon - everyone can use a point or two in those just to be able to heal each other (but that's not very urgent)

* Perception (which spots traps) and Demolitions (which disarms them) go on the same person.

* Animal Whisperer dispatches or charms animal enemies. Computers does the same for robots.

* Aim to have 12 CI (combat initiative) on all your rangers. Having them all go in combat before the enemy does is very useful.

* Ranger Citadel has a high level NPC who is happy to join your team right off the bat.

Other stuff:

* Your are given a choice between saving two areas right after the intro. AG center has a very good high int doctor / computer scientist NPC who has a lot of interactions with the world. AG center is also a fairly dull dungeon that consists mostly of combat and skill checks, that you never have to return to. Highpool has a slightly worse shaman / sniper / Animal Whisperer NPC. It's also a town with a variety of different interactions that you'll return to several times for ongoing storylines.

* Ctrl+click to add or remove items from the trading queue without dragging. R+X+R+X to reload both primary and secondary weapons for the entire party. Quite the timesaver when someone told me about both.

* This is somewhat exploity - if you explore the map right past Highpool, in the lower-rightmost non-irradiated area (below the Prison) you'll find an "Abandoned Freeway". It has a few robot combat encounters that are way too hard for you at this point, but if you follow the rails you'll avoid those and come to a container with an abandoned robot. Use Computers on it, and gain a companion that absolutely blasts apart the starting areas (and the combat in those is really miserable otherwise).

* Once you have Radiation suits, the game kinda encourages you to head for the Prison and Titan Canyon. But before you go there, you can now enter the Rail Nomads camp, which is a more level-appropriate optional area with a bunch of new NPC companions to choose from.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jan 13, 2015

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
Prototype 2 is free on PS+ so I'm gonna play it. What should I know?

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

juliuspringle posted:

Prison Architect, specifically things like why do the lights keep going off even though I have like 4 power plant things.

One issue I had to learn with the power system is that you can't connect generators. If the wires from two generators touch (including objects) they both short out. That took me a little while to figure out. That could have to do with your shorting out issue?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Its a fairly straightforward game, nothing jumps out as a must-know. They took out a lot of the powers from the first one that were cool but pointless (Example; surfing on pedestrians looked hilarious but was complete waste of points that would have been better spent on combat skills) and it doesnt have the same horrible difficulty spikes that the first game did. Generally in fights you want to stay fairly mobile, running in to do damage and then dodging away when necessary.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

I've been enjoying it for the past few days. A couple of easy-to-miss points to make things better:

- When you pick up an object or person by mistake, you can drop them harmlessly by pressing down on the d-pad.

- Pressing start then going to "collectables" will let you track and find collectables (radar pings on the map) so you can get mutations (which are minor perks, comparing to more major evolution level-ups).

-Getting all the available collectable/mutations ASAP, particularly locomotion mutations, is a good idea and you should do it.

- I recommend leveling up speed first then doing regeneration, for better quality-of-life.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
If you've never been the kind of person to play "press block with perfect timing to parry" games, now's the time to learn. Once you get the block power, really focus on nailing the parries, especially against missile attacks.

You can freely attempt to stealth-consume without penalty or risk of discovery. You'll back out of the animation and try to act nonchalant if someone's looking.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It's a minor thing but if you want hear some of the game's funniest lines then try to stop yourself eating people of interest until after you've tried, and failed, to log into their Blackwatch account during side missions. James has a ton of comments and rants about the various people he reads about.

There's a ton of dialogue full stop, really. Experiment! The devs put a lot of NPC reactions in for stuff you'd not otherwise think of during missions (using vehicle weapons when you're disguised as a human and meant to be incognito, killing something with your bare hands, etc).

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
One more for Shadow of Mordor, I just realized that the game came with a bunch of DLC that gives you overpowered runes and stuff right off the bat, does anyone know what I should turn off so that the game isn't easy mode?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Just ditch all the runes to make it simple. Probably the sap in me talking but it feels better to earn them through combat and politics. Just choose whatever character skin you like the look of, they're purely cosmetic.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

One more for Shadow of Mordor, I just realized that the game came with a bunch of DLC that gives you overpowered runes and stuff right off the bat, does anyone know what I should turn off so that the game isn't easy mode?

The least thing you should upgrade is health. Everything else is fun, but try to remain fragile.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Luisfe posted:

The least thing you should upgrade is health. Everything else is fun, but try to remain fragile.

To explain this, the less health you have, the more you'll die. The more you die, the more you'll be able to experience the Nemesis system, which is the coolest part of the game. Purchase an upgrade or two if you think it's getting in the way of your fun, but the consequences of dying will, amazingly, only add to your fun.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

To explain this, the less health you have, the more you'll die. The more you die, the more you'll be able to experience the Nemesis system, which is the coolest part of the game. Purchase an upgrade or two if you think it's getting in the way of your fun, but the consequences of dying will, amazingly, only add to your fun.
Alternatively, if you've already upgraded health (or just feel like challenging yourself), wade into an Orc basecamp (and try not to use the health-refilling executions, if you wanna take it even farther). Enemy respawns are infinite there, so you can pretty effectively pull a Boromir every so often just to shake up the orc leader roster.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
About to start Alien: Isolation, anything to know or is it pretty straightforward?

Zushio
May 8, 2008

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

That, and honestly the game is way too easy if you're got at Arkham style combat. My first stop was to turn off all the combat indicators and I haven't purchased any health ups at all and I still only die occasionally, usually from fuckups. Once you get in to it, and pick up the aforementioned special moves, you'll find most of the actual challenge comes from manufacturing yourself high level orcs with the Nemesis system. Against the horde you are engine of pure destruction, don't shy away from combat with dozens of orcs at once.

Prioritize ranged units, particularly if you have the counter prompts turned off.

I have a request for information on Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl. I picked it up when it was on sale and had a few question.

1. Does the information pertaining to the first Etrian Odyssey on the wiki and thread still apply to this one?
2. Is there any differences in Story Mode vs. Classic Mode beyond the plot (obviously) and the extra classes for MC and Gunner? From my understanding you can't have either of those in Classic.

Any general advice and help would be good too. I know buffs/debuffs will be good if it's like other Atlus titles, but it's been a long time since I played a JRPG (I think... SMT:SJ?), and I've never played a Wizardy clone.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Go back in time and buy Etrian Odyssey 4 instead.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

alcharagia posted:

Go back in time and buy Etrian Odyssey 4 instead.

What is with nerds being ridiculously sensitive with who buys what? I've heard of stuff like small comic stores losing sales because they couldn't help discouraging their customers from buying their own products. "Oh you want that? Yeah I'll ring that up for you. :smuggo:"

mycot fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 12, 2015

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Any tips for Far Cry 4?

Specifically, is there any side content that will get locked off to me after a certain story point or can everything be done post-game? (There is a post game right? This is my first Far Cry game)

Also, any specific upgrades then need to be unlocked right away or any that are useless? I hear there's a wingsuit and that sounds sweet as hell.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Blast Fantasto posted:

About to start Alien: Isolation, anything to know or is it pretty straightforward?

This is mildly spoilery, but; When you get to Medical, the Alien's going to actively stalk the poo poo out of you. It's going to stay on your rear end and wander the corridors most of the time while you try to work your way around it to reach your objectives. This is not indicative of the rest of the game, it's just a very hard initial stretch. The rest of the game it's going to mostly scuttle around in the vents to keep you on your toes, occasionally popping out to stretch its legs before hopping back in. Or to come out and tell those pesky humans to keep the noise down if they fire guns.

Also; when you pick up the Security Tuner early on, go up the stairs to your left and circle around. You'll avoid most of the scavengers if you're trying for a no-kill run on Humans.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

mycot posted:

What is with nerds being ridiculously sensitive with who buys what? I've heard of stuff like small comic stores losing sales because they couldn't help discouraging their customers from buying their own products. "Oh you want that? Yeah I'll ring that up for you. :smuggo:"

from one consumer to another, Etrian Odyssey Untold is Okay, but Etrian Odyssey 4 is Hella Excellent.

Actual advice, though: You can't have the Highlander and Gunner classes in Classic Mode, but Classic Mode also lets you, like, pick your own party, and also does not have your party members shouting at you every time you do anything. (People in town yelling at you, unfortunately, is a constant.)

Basically, the tradeoff is actually the fact that Story Mode has 5 extra floors of dungeon, but Classic Mode gives you a bit more player agency and doesn't waste your time with a plot that has exactly one character that's at all likable. Either way will get you the same experience in the actual labyrinth.

Oh, and if you do go for Story Mode, Delayed Charge + Cross Charge will obliterate everything and make most enemies a non-issue, so use that.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

This is mildly spoilery, but; When you get to Medical, the Alien's going to actively stalk the poo poo out of you. It's going to stay on your rear end and wander the corridors most of the time while you try to work your way around it to reach your objectives. This is not indicative of the rest of the game, it's just a very hard initial stretch. The rest of the game it's going to mostly scuttle around in the vents to keep you on your toes, occasionally popping out to stretch its legs before hopping back in. Or to come out and tell those pesky humans to keep the noise down if they fire guns.

Also; when you pick up the Security Tuner early on, go up the stairs to your left and circle around. You'll avoid most of the scavengers if you're trying for a no-kill run on Humans.

This is decent advice since I almost quit playing after getting run down a dozen times in the same half-circular hallway essentially right at the start of Medical. It DOES get better!

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Zushio posted:

I have a request for information on Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl. I picked it up when it was on sale and had a few question.

1. Does the information pertaining to the first Etrian Odyssey on the wiki and thread still apply to this one?
2. Is there any differences in Story Mode vs. Classic Mode beyond the plot (obviously) and the extra classes for MC and Gunner? From my understanding you can't have either of those in Classic.

Any general advice and help would be good too. I know buffs/debuffs will be good if it's like other Atlus titles, but it's been a long time since I played a JRPG (I think... SMT:SJ?), and I've never played a Wizardy clone.

1. for the most part, no. you're given a set party in story mode, and while you can change their classes later, you generally shouldn't because their stats won't change. there have also been a bunch of major balance and skill changes since eo1. immunize isn't nearly as amazing as it used to be, and alchemists don't have a poison skill at all.

2. there's a dungeon exclusive to story mode that you explore steadily over the course of the game. the game is balanced under the assumption that you are doing this dungeon, so on a typical classic mode playthrough you'll slowly get outpaced and underleveled compared to the enemies later in the game, so you probably want to do story mode for your first playthrough.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

As a counter to the "don't upgrade health" in Mordor the orcs scale. I don't know how it works but the more captains you kill the stronger the next captain will be. It's not uncommon for you to take out a level 10 warchief only for a level 15 to step in from nowhere. And captains recycle eventually, there's only so many of them, and when they do they're more powerful than when you faced them before. Late game enemies have abilities like flaming and poisoned weapons or they just instantly kill you when you're down. Probably the worst combination to go up against is one of the spear throwers with a flaming weapon. Unless you single them out they'll basically take you down in two hits even at full health.

The only thing I'm completely against using are those charged stealth/combat/ranged abilities. Those are something you fall back on when you're frustrated and they're push-button-to-win.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug

Spalec posted:

Any tips for Far Cry 4?

Specifically, is there any side content that will get locked off to me after a certain story point or can everything be done post-game? (There is a post game right? This is my first Far Cry game)

Also, any specific upgrades then need to be unlocked right away or any that are useless? I hear there's a wingsuit and that sounds sweet as hell.

Nothing gets locked out and yes there is a post game for you to finish whatever you want. The wingsuit you can buy early and you honestly need it because it makes navigation a lot more fun and a lot less tedious. You'll also want to try and get the upgraded weapon holsters quickly. Other than that, nothing really comes to mind.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Metal Gear:Acid if anybody is expierenced in this weird,weird game. I've gotten a handle on the basics but is there a particular style of deck i should be trying to make? As much as i usually try to avoid killing in Metal Gear it seems like it's wise to have a bunch of copies of weapons just in case of an alert/needed cards to move anyway.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
It was on sale and I kept hearing good things about it: Tower of Guns?

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe

Spalec posted:

Any tips for Far Cry 4?

Sink money into the non-North Kyrat collectibles maps first since you make that money back really quickly if you seek out collectibles and grab the treasure around them, and grabbing collectibles helps you unlock some of the signature guns, which are the most powerful guns in the game.

The wingsuit is unlocked fairly early (not sure specifically when), is fairly cheap, and it makes travelling around much less of a pain when you have to venture away from fast travel points (which are outposts and villages). Grab it when you see it on the purchase menu.

I haven't finished the game yet personally but if it's like FC3 then none of the (tons of) side content is gated off at any point. It also should plop you back into the world when you finish the last story mission.

If you're having a hard time hunting predator animals for crafting materials, throw bait around and the game should spawn one for you nearby.

Most importantly--learn to love the M79.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Metal Gear:Acid if anybody is expierenced in this weird,weird game. I've gotten a handle on the basics but is there a particular style of deck i should be trying to make? As much as i usually try to avoid killing in Metal Gear it seems like it's wise to have a bunch of copies of weapons just in case of an alert/needed cards to move anyway.

I don't remember there being any reward for not killing people other than not triggering alarms makes it easier to get out of levels. There may be a couple lines of dialog that change but that's about it.

Your goal with a deck should make it so that all the equipable, non-one time use guns in it are cross compatible; i.e. they can all be used as bullets with each other. For a particularly dominating combo the retro guns from the pre-Solid games card packs or whatever they're called deal great damage, have tons of ammo, and all work with each other letting you put 4 rifles and 4 handguns in your deck without a care in the world.

Boss fights usually need special tooling (like, say the eventual metal gear battles) in order to work. Don't expect your standard deck to work in those fights.

If you get the Fortune card from the MGS2 collection, congratulations, you've beaten the game and your only remaining chance of dying involves you actively trying to get killed. You can import one card of your choice from your collection into Ac!d 2 (a superior game in my opinion due to QoL changes) and even though Fortune has been literally halved in effectiveness its still good enough to shatter that games difficulty curve too.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So essentially just try to have only one type of ammo across all my weapons? I've only got the SOCOM and FAMAS at the moment so that's not quite possible yet, but i'll try for it.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So essentially just try to have only one type of ammo across all my weapons? I've only got the SOCOM and FAMAS at the moment so that's not quite possible yet, but i'll try for it.

You don't get equipped gear for a while. But your objective with your deck is to have as little downtime as possible. Ac!d is a strategy game first, stealth game second. If you're moving more than your opponent you're winning.

The sequel is better but Ac!d is worth playing at least for the story. It's like a what-if Psycho Mantis was a major villain and how that would play out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

al-azad posted:

As a counter to the "don't upgrade health" in Mordor the orcs scale. I don't know how it works but the more captains you kill the stronger the next captain will be. It's not uncommon for you to take out a level 10 warchief only for a level 15 to step in from nowhere. And captains recycle eventually, there's only so many of them, and when they do they're more powerful than when you faced them before. Late game enemies have abilities like flaming and poisoned weapons or they just instantly kill you when you're down. Probably the worst combination to go up against is one of the spear throwers with a flaming weapon. Unless you single them out they'll basically take you down in two hits even at full health.

The only thing I'm completely against using are those charged stealth/combat/ranged abilities. Those are something you fall back on when you're frustrated and they're push-button-to-win.

I've had the opposite experience with Captain levels, I've killed so many captains high in power so quickly that they're being replaced with like Power 5 dudes. I think I had a non-Ratbag Warchief that was like Level 8 or something pathetic like that.