Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/SFist/status/1268695305555513349

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

The way it’s written the bartender and the Richmond man could be the same person.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Bobby Digital posted:

The way it’s written the bartender and the Richmond man could be the same person.

Is he also COVID-19?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Well we still don’t know much about the virus so it being a murderous cannibal pedophile is totally possible. Wear your masks everyone

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Areas of the U.S. To skip on the next time I get there:

The bay area.
I dunno, Montana?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Eating people to gain their power is the only way to fight the virus, but the mainstream media refuses to acknowledge this

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Duodecimal posted:

Christ what a whiplash halfway (I presume) through. Stopped immediately at that point to see the responses and top one had it right.

What this is all fine and making sense if a bit anodyne

[5 seconds later]

loving lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
“The goal in war is not to kill all enemy soldiers, but to *convince enemy leadership to surrender.*” is true enough in the sense that McNamara was a moron, but in the context of discussing non‐violence, it’s vacuous nonsense.

Enemy leadership must be convinced that surrender is their best option, and that usually involves killing their soldiers till they don’t have any other options.

cyberbug
Sep 30, 2004

The name is Carl Seltz...
insurance inspector.

I find the effectiveness of terrorism vastly overrated in this graph.

Or since the Y axis is unlabelled, terrorism being very slightly better than nonviolent protest in "destabilizing power" might be accurate after all.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Platystemon posted:

“The goal in war is not to kill all enemy soldiers, but to *convince enemy leadership to surrender.*” is true enough in the sense that McNamara was a moron, but in the context of discussing non‐violence, it’s vacuous nonsense.

Enemy leadership must be convinced that surrender is their best option, and that usually involves killing their soldiers till they don’t have any other options.

Well that or wrecking their country and resources so horrifically there isn’t any chance of survival

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

cyberbug posted:

I find the effectiveness of terrorism vastly overrated in this graph.

Or since the Y axis is unlabelled, terrorism being very slightly better than nonviolent protest in "destabilizing power" might be accurate after all.

What that would be silly terrorism is great at destabilizing it’s kind of the point

Hell the Russian reforms wouldn’t have happened without the SRs

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/eleanorkpenny/status/1269304568845930496?s=19

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/nypost/status/1269639216532774912

quote:

A sexually frustrated Virginia man blew off a hand while trying to make homemade explosives — ones he planned to use on a revenge attack on “hot cheerleaders,” according to federal prosecutors.
Cole Carini, 23, went to a health clinic in Richlands last Wednesday suffering from an amputated hand, amputated fingers on the opposite hand, and shrapnel wounds to the neck and throat, the Department of Justice said.

He claimed it was from a devastating lawnmower accident — but investigators found his garden overgrown, they say.
Instead, they found evidence of a recent explosion, with explosives materials, rusty nails, pipes and pieces of flesh, prosecutors said.

They also found parts of a scorched letter that referenced tension “as he now approached the stage of hot cheerleaders,” according to court documents.

“I will not be afraid of the consequences no matter what I will be heroic I will make a statement like Elliott Rodgers [sic],” he allegedly wrote, referring to the 22-year-old killer hailed as a leader of the “incel” movement.

Rodger killed himself in 2014 after killing six, including two women outside a sorority house near Santa Barbara, California.

He left behind a manifesto that has been a rallying point for the online “incels” — short for “involuntarily celibate” — who justify violence against women as revenge for rejecting them as sexual partners.

Carini was charged with making false statements to law enforcement. Online court records show he is being held in custody pending appointment of an attorney.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Wait what, that's the app I use for weather on my phone. Am I helping dethrone god?

https://www.wunderground.com/

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Knormal posted:

Wait what, that's the app I use for weather on my phone. Am I helping dethrone god?

https://www.wunderground.com/

Haha the weather service was named as a reference to the old radical group (although I assume many Fox Newsers also believe weather forecasting is an affront to God)

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

That's the part I don't get. Has that organisation made a comeback or is it just literal fake news again?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Better headline: Incel blows off own hands trying to make anti-cheerleader bomb, still a wanker

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Just want to take a minute to appreciate this stellar detective work

quote:

He claimed it was from a devastating lawnmower accident — but investigators found his garden overgrown, they say.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Samuringa posted:

Slylock Fox is on the case.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Where was he expecting to find cheerleaders, much less hot cheerleaders, at this particular time in history?

There are no active sports that involve cheerleaders right now and it's not likely that they're practicing anywhere.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Where was he expecting to find cheerleaders, much less hot cheerleaders, at this particular time in history?

There are no active sports that involve cheerleaders right now and it's not likely that they're practicing anywhere.

He's probably had this fantasy for more than 3 months. He just got around to trying to build bombs now and welp.

e: Seems like pretty lame rear end bombs if having one go off right in your face just costs you one and a half hands. If the bomb landed like 2 feet from the hot cheerleaders there would be no serious injuries at all. Incels can't even do a terrorism, LOL.

Facebook Aunt has a new favorite as of 23:01 on Jun 7, 2020

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Samuringa posted:

The devastating accident obviously occurred when he was trying to fix his broken lawnmower, and said broken lawnmower explains the overgrown garden. His story checks out.

I must contact the FBI posthaste, they are about to put an innocent man away.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Facebook Aunt posted:

e: Seems like pretty lame rear end bombs if having one go off right in your face just costs you one and a half hands.

Or, in horse terms, about six inches.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Phlegmish posted:

That's the part I don't get. Has that organisation made a comeback or is it just literal fake news again?

Fox News isn't news. They've literally used that as a defence to win court cases. Can't be fake news if you're not news rollsafe.jpg

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

By popular demand posted:

Areas of the U.S. To skip on the next time I get there:

The bay area.
I dunno, Montana?

Don’t skip Montana, it’s beautiful. Just don’t speak to anyone outside Bozeman.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Facebook Aunt posted:

He's probably had this fantasy for more than 3 months. He just got around to trying to build bombs now and welp.

e: Seems like pretty lame rear end bombs if having one go off right in your face just costs you one and a half hands. If the bomb landed like 2 feet from the hot cheerleaders there would be no serious injuries at all. Incels can't even do a terrorism, LOL.

They mentioned there was also a canister of rusty nails with his bomb making kit, so I'm guessing he hadn't added the payload? Because I think it'd be a very different story if the shrapnel he got hit with was rusty bits of pointy metal.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Proteus Jones posted:

They mentioned there was also a canister of rusty nails with his bomb making kit, so I'm guessing he hadn't added the payload? Because I think it'd be a very different story if the shrapnel he got hit with was rusty bits of pointy metal.

If he had added the shrapnel and it was a serious pipe bomb at all, he'd be dead instead of just losing hands.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Serious pipe bomb? Does he strike you as seriously competent?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Platystemon posted:

He clearly had a lot of experience with things blowing up in his hands.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Platystemon posted:

Give him a break it's his first one. They say practice makes perfect. Fortunately he won't be able to practice without fingers, lol.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Involuntarily fingatless

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Phlegmish posted:

The devastating accident obviously occurred when he was trying to fix his broken lawnmower, and said broken lawnmower explains the overgrown garden. His story checks out.

I must contact the FBI posthaste, they are about to put an innocent man away.

The lawnmower was clearly not working, because the engine was full of nails.

And pipes.

And explosives.

Apparently making effective pipe bombs is pretty hard, look at the Unabomber's success rate.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Incels generally view the world entirely through media, not real life.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
He can’t lay pipe LOL.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Platystemon posted:

He can’t lay pipe LOL.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Platystemon posted:

He can’t lay pipe LOL.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Platystemon posted:

He can’t lay pipe LOL.

In inceldom, the pipe lays you out!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Elviscat posted:

Apparently making effective pipe bombs is pretty hard, look at the Unabomber's success rate.

Obviously we should probably avoid posting any serious info on IEDs here, but the Unabomber's biggest problem was sophisticated detonators that let him plant bombs and then have them explode long after he was gone. Making an effective pipe bomb is really easy; the hard part is making it safely and coming up with a reliable detonator when you're being safe.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

US Military Could Lose Space Force Trademark to Netflix Series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Man puts cellphone charger up his penis, gets it stuck in his bladder

This guy figured out the secret to charging the crystal