Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Aramek posted:

To be fair, cartoons were lame as poo poo before then.

Truth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
On the other hand, Skeletor.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Thinky Whale posted:

Facebook keeps giving me ads for weird Kickstarters.

I thought they had to recall those things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUut4krfnak

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Aramek posted:

To be fair, cartoons were lame as poo poo before then.

Eh, there were just more after that; people were more willing to make cartoons when it was a means to an ends. You throw enough poo poo at the wall, something will stick.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

Is that the final goal of the alt-right? Receiving empathy?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Laurenz posted:

Is that the final goal of the alt-right? Receiving empathy?

"Empathy" here is used with the assumption that if the non white males could know what the poor oppressed white males feel that they'd suddenly have alt-right beliefs too.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

That last line really speaks to me, please, show less.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

"IMCAPABLE"

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Have people told the alt-right about lobotomies yet? I want to see them publicly advocating them.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Shbobdb posted:

Have people told the alt-right about lobotomies yet? I want to see them publicly advocating them.

Why would they want a second lobotomy?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I don't know what MGTOW is, but it kinda looks like MTGOX so I figure they're both related to Magic: the Gathering.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Madkal posted:

Back in the 80's Reagan and the US government struck down/introduced some new laws saying that companies could advertise to kids, and cartoons no longer had to be "educational" and that is why we had a boom in shows like He-Man and Thundercats and Bravestarr and a million other shows that were around just to sell toys. I remember being a young kid and not really questioning why every episode of Masters of the Universe introduced a new character (never to be seen again) but I did question why my mom wouldn't let me get the sweet toy based on that character.

Yea free market!!

Reading this makes me think that I must have been some sort of toy connoisseur as a child. The only toys I got were badass detailed models of dinosaurs from museums and the big (maybe 10-12 inch tall) higher quality models of my favorite Spiderman characters (I read the comics as a kid). I don't remember ever thinking I needed to have any particular toy based upon what I saw on TV or a commercial, aside from stuff like game consoles.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I don't know what MGTOW is, but it kinda looks like MTGOX so I figure they're both related to Magic: the Gathering.

well both would strongly advocate for bitcoin

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Men
Going
Their
Own
Way

A bunch of nerds want to gently caress sexbots and are trying to make sexbots.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

PhazonLink posted:

Men
Going
Their
Own
Way

But until then, they're taking their balls and going home.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Jonas Albrecht posted:

But until then, they're taking their balls and going home.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Shbobdb posted:

I'd rather people tell them about suicide.

edited to add:
This is sarcasm, by the way. i don't seriously advocate suicide for anyone.

Blue Star has a new favorite as of 01:42 on Aug 31, 2016

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Speaking of stupid self-absorbed behaviour, the NPD community is a wild ride.

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.

PhazonLink posted:

Men
Going
Their
Own
Way

Sometimes I feel like a loser, then I realize there are men who say they are part of "MGTOW" and it instantly makes me feel better about myself.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I was just witness to a serious breakup because the one partner doesn't work and watches tv all day and his partner is sick of supporting him, and I have a feeling that he's going to become a "mgtow" type of guy after this, and "go his own way" to sitting around and watching more tv.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

TinTower posted:

Speaking of stupid self-absorbed behaviour, the NPD community is a wild ride

What does any of this even mean

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

NotAnArtist posted:

What does any of this even mean

Probably Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

TinTower posted:

Speaking of stupid self-absorbed behaviour, the NPD community is a wild ride.

lol read that as NYPD and didnt even double take until the second post.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

NachtSieger posted:

Probably Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Yep. They're loving crazy.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
I mean, I get why people with NPD would think that, obviously. And it's true that they do need professional help with their issues. That doesn't make the statement "I abused someone close to me for years, where's my support group" any less blood-curdling

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I kept misreading it as NDP and my knowledge of Canadian politics was shorting out my brain.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I kept misreading it as NDP and my knowledge of Canadian politics was shorting out my brain.

Same, especially when I got to the part about pollution/breathing better air. Bizarre how well it fit for the first bit at least.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

trapped mouse posted:

I mean, I get why people with NPD would think that, obviously. And it's true that they do need professional help with their issues. That doesn't make the statement "I abused someone close to me for years, where's my support group" any less blood-curdling

They are probably the most self-aware group around. Sure others have suffered because of me but, as a narcissist, where is MY support group?

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
They're so narcissistic

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Ytlaya posted:

Reading this makes me think that I must have been some sort of toy connoisseur as a child. The only toys I got were badass detailed models of dinosaurs from museums and the big (maybe 10-12 inch tall) higher quality models of my favorite Spiderman characters (I read the comics as a kid). I don't remember ever thinking I needed to have any particular toy based upon what I saw on TV or a commercial, aside from stuff like game consoles.

Heh, I was being immune to advertising before it was cool :thumbsup:

Also I just want to requote this:

Ytlaya posted:

I must have been some sort of toy connoisseur as a child

"Let me show you my collection of vintage action figures, m'lady" *tips fedora three sizes too large for his eight-year-old head*

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

CommonShore posted:

I was just witness to a serious breakup because the one partner doesn't work and watches tv all day and his partner is sick of supporting him, and I have a feeling that he's going to become a "mgtow" type of guy after this, and "go his own way" to sitting around and watching more tv.

The first time I read this I thought it was a breakup between two guys and I immediately wondered what the MGTOW stance on homosexuality is.
I mean, they are going their own way and ignoring feminine wiles from the lesser sex.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Postal Parcel posted:

The first time I read this I thought it was a breakup between two guys and I immediately wondered what the MGTOW stance on homosexuality is.
I mean, they are going their own way and ignoring feminine wiles from the lesser sex.

Their stance is no gays no gals no pizza pals

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Literally

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

The penis is evil.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

My Children Are Bullets: Associating Gender With Inanimate Objects:

It's a simple question; if the sword can be seen as a substitute for the phallus, why can't a gun be seen as a substitute for a womb?

And how would you do something like that?

I am totally aware that guns already are seen as penises (what with their ability to explode and discharge matter with great speed), but I want to change that.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

My Children Are Bullets: Associating Gender With Inanimate Objects:

It's a simple question; if the sword can be seen as a substitute for the phallus, why can't a gun be seen as a substitute for a womb?

And how would you do something like that?

I am totally aware that guns already are seen as penises (what with their ability to explode and discharge matter with great speed), but I want to change that.

The title of this reads almost like an academic paper, but not the body

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

WrenP-Complete posted:

The title of this reads almost like an academic paper, but not the body

Don't body-shame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I would rather watch a hundred episodes of something that was an obvious cash - in like M.A.S.K. than 10 episodes of whatever cookie cutter Hanna-Barbera poo poo they were pumping our in the 60s and 70s

Except for wacky races of course, wacky races owned