Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Jmcrofts posted:

Cilantro, like grits, is good

Correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Garnish with mayonnaise.

Maybe another time.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Polyseme posted:

It's not götta?
Not in southern Ohio it isn't. :patriot:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh this makes more sense. you roll a wad of sago starch up then dip it in various things to eat.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

[quote="“Polyseme”" post="“475877945”"]
It’s not götta?
[/quote]Same thing.

ö = oe
ü = ue
ä = ae

I always like German Bär, because when it’s written the other way it’s Baer, which looks like a child misspelling “bear”.

SLOSifl has a new favorite as of 02:21 on Aug 30, 2017

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Polyseme posted:

It's not götta?

Hirayuki posted:

Not in southern Ohio it isn't. :patriot:

Yeah, it's from German immigrants, but Americans gonna American.

Cincinnati also has a really kickass Oktoberfest which I lucked into being in town on business for.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

*Please note this was for academic reasons, not a sex thing.

A likely story
:airquote:not a sex thing:airquote:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Supposedly gnocchi, posted from a local restaurant via facebook. I've never visited because it's a bougie wine and small plates place, and now I never will.

Like, look at that thing. Mounds of shaved cheese that resembles mold, blue bits, loose corn, chunks of almond. It probably tastes great but to me it just looks like a bunch of garbage.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Cakefarts Carol posted:

Supposedly gnocchi, posted from a local restaurant via facebook. I've never visited because it's a bougie wine and small plates place, and now I never will.

Like, look at that thing. Mounds of shaved cheese that resembles mold, blue bits, loose corn, chunks of almond. It probably tastes great but to me it just looks like a bunch of garbage.

Thanks for clarifying that, because, after staring at it blankly for a while, then tilting my head from side to side, then staring some more, I had no clue what that was, other than overcooked baby carrots with sprinkles...

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Cakefarts Carol posted:

The blue things are edible flowers. Why they are there is another question entirely.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

AlbieQuirky posted:

The blue things are edible flowers. Why they are there is another question entirely.

Yeah edible flowers are a bit of a fad at the moment, they can look ok on some dishes in an instagram-y kind of way but they don't look very good on that dish.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

EoinCannon posted:

Yeah edible flowers are a bit of a fad at the moment, they can look ok on some dishes in an instagram-y kind of way but they don't look very good on that dish.

You should go to Noma.

spiderbot
Oct 21, 2012

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Oh, are there Jell-O rules? I wasn't aware that there were Jell-O rules

An entire page of Jell-o rules in fact!

Tonight we are having Fesenjan, which is goddamn delicious but looks like runny poop (not my photo - mine looks even worse):

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

spiderbot posted:

An entire page of Jell-o rules in fact!

This needs to be in the op.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

spiderbot posted:

Tonight we are having Fesenjan, which is goddamn delicious but looks like runny poop (not my photo - mine looks even worse):

While probably an extremely distant relative, my mother-in-law's chicken mole looks about the same but tastes similarly amazing.

Along the lines of homemade mole sauce, I've never had something that had so many ingredients and yet you could still taste every part of what went into the sauce. Its my MiL's traditional birthday present to me and I love every moment of it :kimchi:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Cakefarts Carol posted:

mold and maggots fished out of a dumpster?? :yum:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Lutha Mahtin posted:

mold and maggots fished out of a dumpster?? :yum:

Uh it's called urban foraging

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Cakefarts Carol posted:

I thought that was a quiche at first, and I can't really see it as anything else.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Did someone say gelatin?

quote:

If you wish, use a pretty mold for this salad that is molded in 2 layers. It makes a nice luncheon salad for entertaining.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

that last one is really pretty, at least :unsmith:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
God drat it you can't just put whatever the gently caress into a jello mold and label it "salad"! We have the jello rules!

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
I would pay a good amount of money to attend a multiple course dinner where everything is an aspic or Jell-O salad.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
I was honest to god just thinking about how to pull off a dinner like that

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Just put enough vodka in the jello to get everyone drunk during the meal.

Wait I might have just stumbled onto a new millennial craze, brb, writing a cookbook.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Don't forget the caffeine, no matter what aspics & jello molds you pick.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

elise the great posted:

I was honest to god just thinking about how to pull off a dinner like that

My wife is a big baby about weird foods and has refused any aspic-based dinner suggestions I have made. I think it could be fun, though I guess we would have to clean out the entire fridge to get enough space to let it all set.

Maybe I will try to slip a fruit based one next time we have people over and see how the crowd reacts to it.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Haifisch posted:

Don't forget the caffeine, no matter what aspics & jello molds you pick.

Eh, would.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
More aspic with bonus 50s gender roles:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

bongwizzard posted:

Maybe I will try to slip a fruit based one next time we have people over and see how the crowd reacts to it.

Don't bother with the kid gloves. Go straight for one of the "canned tuna suspended in lime jello" recipes.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Is it possible to suspend live hornets in aspic or gelatin, asking for a friend

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I, um, am that friend, I need to know this. For reasons.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

bongwizzard posted:

A body pillow hardly constitutes a crowd, you goon.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

No but you could definitely do a live fire ant gelatin

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Whooping Crabs posted:

No but you could definitely do a live fire ant gelatin

How do you know you csnt do the hornet thing

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Don't bees come back to life if you thaw them after freezing, or is that flies?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

"Turn Jell-O into mold".

That's my superpower!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cockroaches should be able to survive.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I've definitely gotten freeze-dried ants in the mail before, so idk if that translates to other hymenopterans

Bitey Bunny
May 26, 2009

c h o m p
You could maybe make a hollowed out dome with the live hornets waiting inside. Hornet Surprise!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Bitey Bunny posted:

You could maybe make a hollowed out dome with the live hornets waiting inside. Hornet Surprise!

Make the gelatin a cream gelatin so it is opaque and they can't see the wasps until it is too late