Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Xaerael posted:

What the gently caress is actually wrong with these people?

They have decided to base their sense of self worth on the success or failure of a scam game mismanaged by a spendthrift hasbeen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Wait a minute! You have to login to see that thread! THERE'S A PAYWALL!

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

That's him on the forklift

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Also his harpy wife

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Oh poo poo, they released new PHOTOS. Retreat and regroup!

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I really wish SC releases in some form just so I can grief the gently caress out of citizens and ruin their vicarious space lives

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

:eyepop:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

SurfaceDetail posted:

"When I first met Chris I bought him an expensive bottle of Scotch. He said he didnt really like scotch and maybe his dad would want it. Hes a vodka guy. I told him I'd bring him an expensive vodka next time and he said thanks. Lando came over and took the scotch so he was happy."

"Lando doesnt drink. But good on you man!"

I then turned it off due to near fatal cringe poisoning

What is it with shitizens and trying to buy social acceptance

I mean I get it that's the joke now after 4 years or whatever , but when I first meet people I don't buy them anything. Maybe a coffee

Am I doing social encounters wrong ?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

username+post combo

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Xaerael posted:

What the gently caress is actually wrong with these people?

I'd answer that, but unfortunately, there's a limit to how long a post can be.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
The secret thread is already nearly finished with the next bit of fabricated drama. should be released on tuesday. it's going to be a doozy

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Sappo569 posted:

I mean I get it that's the joke now after 4 years or whatever , but when I first meet people I don't buy them anything. Maybe a coffee

But is that person your hero building your dreams?

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
:lol: if you don't buy expensive bottles of whiskey for the guy at the top of the pyramid scheme you're doing it all wrong

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Nice diapers.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
and let's just not talk about Ben's bulge okay

e. ffs STOP!

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

You aren't as insecure as these people.

I don't think my experience is too far out of line with everyone elses (that isn't that insecure) but anything anywhere that involves money will have someone like Clifford AKA Mikku or Wesha involved.

I used to see it in school. Donation drives would have the really insecure kids do whatever they could to donate the most to be recognized. Sales would have kids buying their own products to be recognized as the best salesman. A "Coin Collection" drive would have a kid turn $100 from their parents into pennies to get recognized for bringing the most coins.

Translate that to adult paychecks and work and you have people buying their whole office donuts or breakfast every day / on a regular basis.

Translate that to manchild disability / crazy checks and video games and you have furries and anime girl kin desperately emptying their bank accounts so that someone gives them any kind of attention.

I've been that insecure before but I grew as a person. It's incredibly transparent and even irritating to me. Looking at that Squadron 42 guys twitter, it's nonstop tweets where someone is sending them thousands of dollars of food and alcohol. Clifford AKA Mikku does that with the LA office.

Fat Shat Sings fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jul 24, 2016

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Wrecked Angle posted:

and let's just not talk about Ben's bulge okay

e. ffs STOP!

It's not our fault that Lesnick is packing it

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

What Lazrin isn't saying: CIG will totally deliver on all the stuff they sold us.

What Lazrin is saying: CIG will rightfully and totally beat the rap when they poo poo out whatever it is they are cooking - take that goons.

This is Stockholm Syndrome. We will love you whatever you deliver Chris, no matter how Minimal the Viable Product is. Can we help smuggle your cash to the Bahamas up our asses??

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Fat Shat Sings posted:

You aren't as insecure as these people.

I don't think my experience is too far out of line with everyone elses (that isn't that insecure) but anything anywhere that involves money will have someone like Clifford AKA Mikku or Wesha involved.

I used to see it in school. Donation drives would have the really insecure kids do whatever they could to donate the most to be recognized. Sales would have kids buying their own products to be recognized as the best salesman. A "Coin Collection" drive would have a kid turn $100 from their parents into pennies to get recognized for bringing the most coins.

Translate that to adult paychecks and work and you have people buying their whole office donuts or breakfast every day / on a regular basis.

Translate that to manchild disability / crazy checks and video games and you have furries and anime girl kin desperately emptying their bank accounts so that someone gives them any kind of attention.

I've been that insecure before but I grew as a person. It's incredibly transparent and even irritating to me. Looking at that Squadron 42 guys twitter, it's nonstop tweets where someone is sending them thousands of dollars of food and alcohol. Clifford AKA Mikku does that with the LA office.

Ya you're right i just have trouble connecting that with fat people making video games

I knew a guy that would take someone he worked with to breakfast every Saturday

The guy being taken to breakfast pretty much hated him. But went anyways to get a free meal out of it lol

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

thatguy posted:

PAGING MAJOR TOM!

ALERT! MAJOR TOM!

ALL :pgabz: ON DECK!

THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wVtbdH2l3M

The thing is, this all happened in real time, I'm sure some people remember it.

Someone mentioned in this thread that the air lock might be bullshit, so I said I'd go make a video, a few minutes later I posted that vid, there was no time to mess with cfg files or whatever, even if I know which files to open, which I don't.

I've never once messed with any files, that'd be like using a WoW private server to give yourself all the best gear, there's no point.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

Ya you're right i just have trouble connecting that with fat people making video games

I knew a guy that would take someone he worked with to breakfast every Saturday

The guy being taken to breakfast pretty much hated him. But went anyways to get a free meal out of it lol

The fat people making video games enters when you have social media, "Backer levels," and a community with an unofficial hierarchy based on how much you have spent. Any game where you can directly pay to win will have these sadbrains paying to win. I've played F2P phone strategy games where the guys at the top have like $9,000 worth of units and poo poo. Goons used to troll a flash based browser trivia game that had microtransactions for some reason, so you'd run into people with $600 in terribly drawn flash animated Hats. That IMVU thing? It started out as a 3D messenger system and you have people with thousands of dollars of clothes, hats, and decorations that serve no purpose other than to elevate them socially in a community based on money.

Here is a good example of what I'm talking about

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3571910&pagenumber=28&perpage=40#post419923362

The goldmined doobie thread where they guy (a goon Clifford AKA Mikku) kept upping his donation. The core idea behind these people is that he was really buying the compliments and reaction from the thread for $1000, and not actually giving a gently caress about donating $1000 to a hot dog stand. It's pathetic insecurity.

I guess if I were a more evil person I'd come up with some kind of venture than min/maxes the whole "desperate, insecure sadbrains empty their wallets for validation" thing but my name isn't Chris Roberts.

Fat Shat Sings fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 24, 2016

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

gently caress me, how much does this two man ship cost?!?!
I want it now, it looks so realistic!
I'd pay $10000 for this to play with.
Anyone know how much cargo can it store?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

peter gabriel posted:

Someone mentioned in this thread that the air lock might be bullshit, so I said I'd go make a video, a few minutes later I posted that vid, there was no time to mess with cfg files or whatever, even if I know which files to open, which I don't.

I've never once messed with any files, that'd be like using a WoW private server to give yourself all the best gear, there's no point.

Yeah, I remember, you were like "Let me go check." Then you posted that video 15 minutes later.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Berious posted:

It's not our fault that Lesnick is packing it

Is that the permanent boner somebody was talking about?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I loving love the fact that :pgabz: is inspiring an actual YouTube following.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

XK posted:

Is that the permanent boner somebody was talking about?

NO! NO IT IS NOT! NO-ONE SAID ANYTHING OF THE KIND!

…and if they did, could we please forget that it ever happened, and stop mentioning, posting, or in any way thinking about it? Please? I just want to sleep without nightmares. :ohdear:

e: vvv I hate you.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jul 24, 2016

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

happyhippy posted:

gently caress me, how much does this two man ship cost?!?!
I want it now, it looks so realistic!
I'd pay $10000 for this to play with.
Anyone know how much cargo can it store?

at least 1 SC Unit

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Guys... Guys... Guys...

It's probably his piss bag.

Enjoy that thought.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

peter gabriel posted:

Oh, it's in ServerKillZones.cfg - line 128 just change AirlockKillsPlayer = 1 to a 0

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Ben Lesnick's FUPA is bigger than my torso

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

peter gabriel posted:

You should start a youtube beef all the biggest youtubers have them

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Xaerael posted:

Guys... Guys... Guys...

It's probably his piss bag.

Enjoy that thought.

You're not helping.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Is he smuggling loaves of bread out of the hospital ?

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
There were probably children playing across the street at a park.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Sum Mors posted:

There were probably children playing across the street at a park.

omg

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Berious posted:

You should start a youtube beef all the biggest youtubers have them

This is good idea, but the commando who made that vid about me seems like a nice enough dude. I am not good at this am I

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

This is good idea, but the commando who made that vid about me seems like a nice enough dude. I am not good at this am I

No. You'll never make it big with that attitude. Channel the :argh:!
And give up the silly text-based comments — you can't be a pro youtuber without screaming a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

how can star marine be coming out?

The guy making the game said it was already in the game and it was never meant to be anything but what's there in the game.

:psyduck:

• Locked thread