Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

XK posted:

I like how they suggested you wasted a bunch of money paying off the writer and magazine for that Gameranx article. Beyond the fact that it wouldn't even be necessary, as though nobody could criticize the project without being paid off, I couldn't imagine it costing more than a grand even if they were paid. Then the first comments on the article were about how the writer obviously didn't research anything, and didn't know what he was talking about, yet the article was sourced to such an extent that I found the source links to be exhausting, even as someone who has read this entire thread.

But Derek is The Enemy of the cult. He is the source of all FUD, criticism, and will eventually be the sole cause of the game's failure. Nothing could possibly be regarded as the fault of the game's developers, it all stems from Derek, the boogeyman of the 'Verse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

XK posted:

I think Lazrin is this guy:

https://twitter.com/iq_derek

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tippis posted:

But waist circumference was shown to offer a much higher degree of association and furthermore

Excuse me while I write up a ten page response about how waist circumference is considered a better indicator of risk because BMI is a poor measure of visceral obesity and in and of itself doesn't account for statistical outliers that may have a high weight to height ratio without having a high percentage of body fat, but none of that in any way disassociates being hugely loving fat from having a higher risk of sepsis.

:pgabz::argh::pgabz::argh::pgabz:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
it must be hard being 500 tons of insecurity

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

This post brought to you by Ryan Archer

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Beet Wagon posted:

In this study obesity was associated with increased risk of future sepsis. WC was a better predictor of sepsis risk than BMI. Weight reduction or the control of its sequelae may provide options for sepsis risk prediction, mitigation or prevention.

Wing Commander was a better predictor of sepsis risk? :ohdear:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

XK posted:

Well yeah but I mean it cures blindness, so... you know, choose your battles I guess

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Beet Wagon posted:

Excuse me while I write up a ten page response about how waist circumference is considered a better indicator of risk because BMI is a poor measure of visceral obesity and in and of itself doesn't account for statistical outliers that may have a high weight to height ratio without having a high percentage of body fat, but none of that in any way disassociates being hugely loving fat from having a higher risk of sepsis.

:pgabz::argh::pgabz::argh::pgabz:

Your sentence is far too short to be convincing. D-, try again. :colbert:

XK posted:

Now that you mention it… maybe they should do an updated survey?

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

XK posted:

Tbh if you are the kind of nerd who still thinks about wing commander in tyool 2016, you are probably at an elevated risk of sepsis.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

I think this is as good a time as any to discuss the difference between causes and mechanisms.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
You know what best defeats FUD? Actually delivering a loving product.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

XK posted:

The profile says that Derek is the "Most pathetic adult on the internet" so I can only conclude the twitter is run by a child for that to be true.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm glad to see that Ben Lesnick, Developer, is out of the hospital. We now resume our regularly scheduled shitposting.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I don't get it. I get that the guy doesn't like Derek Smart, but I'm not seeing the connection with adult diapers.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

D_Smart posted:

And even if SM came back, how does that erase the croberts lies that came before?

The fact is that if SM does come back, it goes against everything croberts has said the last time he talked about it.

Also my guess is that they will probably bring it back for two reasons

1) liability issue since it was something they promised. now that State/Fed authorities are looking up their skirt, bring it back in all its ganky glory, alleviates that issue

2) the Star Citizen PU (Persistent Universe) is utter shite. they need something fresh to keep people playing. so SM is just another disconnected half-arse module like Arena Commander and which will be a short term deflecting tactic.

A third point, and somewhat linked to the first, is that some backers used the promise of Star Marine and then its cancellation as partial justification for a refund, since this is a) well documented as a promised deliverable, and b) well documented by CIG as cancelled.

Being able to present new information that b) is in fact a delay not a cancellation, probably helps them attempt to justify refund denials.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sunswipe posted:

I don't get it. I get that the guy doesn't like Derek Smart, but I'm not seeing the connection with adult diapers.

Derek Shart

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

XK posted:

Ghostlight posted:

The profile says that Derek is the "Most pathetic adult on the internet" so I can only conclude the twitter is run by a child for that to be true.

Look at his tweets & replies page instead of his main page. It fits even better.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

tooterfish posted:

We didn't join him, he joined us you daft oval office.

don't bother trying to argue with lazrin, just accept what he says and tell him to go gently caress himself.

alternatively hit the ignore button on his dumb posts

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hmmmmmm, no I think I'm going to make sure to keep all alpha features in my hand to show them at odd times and through odd venues instead of the playble platform for testing that we have, or the weekly media show, or the subscriber information service, or the weekly staff chillout show, or our website

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Delivering a product is just more FUD. Check-mate, goon. :smuggo:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

OH. Yeah, I'm actually glad I didn't get it.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Charles Get-Out posted:

Hmmmmmm, no I think I'm going to make sure to keep all alpha features in my hand to show them at odd times and through odd venues instead of the playble platform for testing that we have, or the weekly media show, or the subscriber information service, or the weekly staff chillout show, or our website

Or the major gaming convention that I had a year to prepare for and said that I would attend.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tippis posted:

Delivering a product is just more FUD. Check-mate, goon. :smuggo:

True. People might actually have something to bitch about.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Chris Roberts, Visionary.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Sandra Roberts, Professional.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Ben Lesnick, Developer.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Jared Huckabee, Employed.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Sandra Roberts, Professional.

Ok, it's all silly fun and games on this comedy forum, but let's not go overboard.
Someone might get seriously injured by jokes and absurdities of that magnitude.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012
Beer on the loving warpath

Calm down, man

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
So salty.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Jared Huckabee, Employed.

I want a tell-all from him after this all collapses. It was easily visible 6 months ago that he's just in this for a paycheck. His recounting of how many varied jobs he's had over the course of his life only reinforces that conclusion. He'll be at some other job 5 years from now telling his weird job stories with CIG as part of the mix.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

XK posted:

I want a tell-all from him after this all collapses. It was easily visible 6 months ago that he's just in this for a paycheck. His recounting of how many varied jobs he's had over the course of his life only reinforces that conclusion. He'll be at some other job 5 years from now telling his weird job stories with CIG as part of the mix.

He has enough personality that he could easily make a mockumentary or book about it. He clearly gives no fucks, which I appreciate. That's the kind of perspective you need to maintain around She Who Must Not See Pubes.

Seriously the whole thing is loving amazing and I love it. This is better than any movie.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

lol

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm glad to see that Ben Lesnick, Developer, is out of the hospital. We now resume our regularly scheduled shitposting.

Ben is (less) fat!

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

orcane posted:

not sure what it is with Germans and this game

We Germans are crazy for Space Games, Simulations and Sci-Fi-stuff, and on top of that Wing Commander was one of the biggest PC System sellers in the history of the german gaming market, it also fueled the rise and sold copies of PC Mags .
Wing Commander was one of the biggest boosts for the transition from Amiga 500, Mega Drive and Super Nintendo to PC Gaming in Germany.
Despite his failed Projects, CRobbers still gets unlimited leap of faith and trust in the German Gaming Journalism. Especially PC Games really never ever mentioned problems, instead they follow the convention of speech that agrees on "iconic projects need time and faith, CRobbers can do it, lets stay hyped "

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Eventually one of two things will happen. Either CIG will produce, or Chris Roberts will spend the rest of his life hounded by jilted backers and lawsuits.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Eventually one of two things will happen. Either CIG will produce, or Chris Roberts will spend the rest of his life hounded by jilted backers and lawsuits.

…or Roberto Christo's Downtown Malé Bar and Grill will suddenly spring up, with very curious opening hours that leave everyone wondering how the three owners even makes any money, what with their spending all their days on the beach and all.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would seriously not want to be Chris Roberts after this all collapses. I'd constantly be worried that some crazy was going to come after me. That's if the government didn't sock me away first. I'm really curious how hard they try to drop off the map. Either non-extradition country if they were worried about the law, or just ghosting if they were worried about backers. Possibly both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danmckechnie
Oct 12, 2010

obsessive compulsive, relentless, insulting;
offensive like feeding a vegan some dolphin.
Hey semisponge, this recipe is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing man, great addition to anyone's repertoire!
Peanut Butter Chicken repost

This is a West African recipe that my dad taught me.

3-4 onions
as many hot peppers as you think you can stand, then add one more
thyme, salt, black pepper
about 1/3 cup each of tomato paste and peanut butter (ideally the pb should be the just salt and peanuts variety, not full of sugar like American stuff)
chicken

Slice up the onions pretty roughly, mince the peppers fine. Dump in a pot. Try not to inhale too deeply as the capsaicin in the peppers vaporizes and napalms your house. Add spices to taste.

Cut up your chicken to whatever size is appropriate to the time you have. If you have a lot of time, big chunks. Really hungry? Small chunks.

When the onions are soft, add the tomato paste, peanut butter, and chicken chunks. If necessary add some water. Let it cook on low--stir occasionally to keep the bottom from burning. The end result should be tender chicken in a bright orange sauce with mushy, almost disintegrated onions.

Serve on rice or yams!
This thread is full of beautiful people

• Locked thread