Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat

Imperador do Brasil posted:

My son (pictured above in all his glory) ponied up for a new chain, so now the TW is a $216 bike.

Looks like ya done good :hmmyes:

My kids are not useful, yet(?).

epswing fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Apr 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoho`win
Mar 7, 2003
My weekend was driving from Chicago to Asheville and back to trade my 2011 KLR for a 2000 ZRX. 1400 miles (2250 km) towing with a Tesla.

This makes 2 running ZRXs (1100 and 1200) and one forever project (1109 track bike build).

Out with the old:

In with the new:

Welcome to the collection:

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

unimportantguy posted:

I did some, er, unintended offroading today. Fine time to realize I don't actually own a bucket. This very light spattering of mud will just have to sit there for a minute while I figure that out.

That's a lovely clean bike, ride it more. Wash it when it's actually dirty.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

hoho`win posted:

My weekend was driving from Chicago to Asheville and back to trade my 2011 KLR for a 2000 ZRX. 1400 miles (2250 km) towing with a Tesla.

This makes 2 running ZRXs (1100 and 1200) and one forever project (1109 track bike build).

Out with the old:

In with the new:

How much did your max range reduce by towing with the Tesla? 50%?

ZRX looks good!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You got the better end of that trade

Also you could probably tow the Tesla with the ZRX if it ran out of battery

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

There is or was a video on youtube of a honda SS50 (or similar) towing a van.
Video was made wayyyyyy back in the early days of youtube. I saw it more than a decade ago when i was looking to buy one of those. It was hilarious and it worked way better than it had any right to.

Of course all old honda moped purists in the comments lost their poo poo about how bad it was for the moped.

Towing a Tesla with that bike should be easy. But i'd rather have some kind of push bar construction pushing the car, rather than having a bigass car lumbering along behind me. Do Tesla brakes even work effectively without electricity?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The goldwing (of course) was actually modified to tow cars with a deployable dolly and everything

https://youtu.be/EiojZ7HfCWo

hoho`win
Mar 7, 2003

Steakandchips posted:

How much did your max range reduce by towing with the Tesla? 50%?

ZRX looks good!

It dropped by 1/3 to around 200 miles per charge. Aero and all the elevation changes really hurt range.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

You got the better end of that trade

Also you could probably tow the Tesla with the ZRX if it ran out of battery

I think I came away really well from the trade, he threw in some $$$ for driving costs and a couple of bottles of local beer!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

hoho`win posted:

Out with the old:

In with the new:

I'd say welcome to the club but it looks like you are the club

New one looks good, I dig the quasi John Player colors with the gold pinstripe

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
Yeah uhhh he got a friend willing to make that same trade?

hoho`win
Mar 7, 2003

Revvik posted:

Yeah uhhh he got a friend willing to make that same trade?

I wish, would happily buy a bunch of KLRs to trade lol

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Another really nice day in Portland. Double and single track at Brown's Camp on the old KTM 250 yesterday and a nice 80 mile loop around Washington and Yamhill counties on the Monkey today.

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

My bike. My pride and joy, the vespa (Modded):

My wife's MT-07 (Stock) (Pathetic):

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

How is Barbie modded ?

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

knox_harrington posted:

How is Barbie modded ?

Mostly the barbie stickers

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Uhhh where do I buy a giant pink top box for my MT03.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Got the ($280) TW out into the woods for the boy to give it a good rip yesterday.

Results: win

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Amazing!

Forever jealous of people who live a reasonable distance from woods that aren't explicitly motor vehicle unfriendly :( Southern Ontario sucks.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Barbie the 07, too

E:

Azza Bamboo fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 2, 2022

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

some kinda jackal posted:

Amazing!

Forever jealous of people who live a reasonable distance from woods that aren't explicitly motor vehicle unfriendly :( Southern Ontario sucks.

Luckily these woods/roads are mine own, and the roads leading into them are private. You could ride all day and nobody would ever care, or maybe even see you.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Azza Bamboo posted:

Barbie the 07, too

E:

you forgot Kirby's eyes

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?

some kinda jackal posted:

Amazing!

I got kind of excited yesterday because I found a really good trail that's only an hour and a half from me. New England also sucks unless you want to offroad illegally. Even then it still kinda sucks.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Yeah I guess there is a bunch of illegal offroad stuff like 30 minutes from me too but tbh I'm not super psyched to get busted for brapping so push comes to shove and I'll just pretend I'm a big man by splashing through puddles on the way to the supermarket :P

Bar Patron
Jun 12, 2015

Azza Bamboo posted:

Barbie the 07, too

E:

This is the best thing I've ever seen.

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
Did someone say off-road? New to me DRZ out with friends.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Wish I could easily brap like that with friends :(

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Silver isn't this bike's best color but it does have a satisfying pop in the sunlight. Also, I didn't realize til now how dirty it is. Wish I had a hose at home, that's like the one thing I'm missing at this apartment.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Tidy. Love it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That’s a good Honda

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Man I love those things. There was only a couple years with dual cans, right?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Man I love those things. There was only a couple years with dual cans, right?

I believe the 599s got single exhausts and the 919s had dual cans.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

That is a drat fine looking bike

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

When i lived in an apartment, i used one of those air pressure pump sprayer things people sometimes use for spraying pesticides in their backyard.
They are pretty convenient for cleaning a bike between more serious washes/detailing.
I like it better than a bucket or a big watering can for rinsing off dust and sand.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

opengl128 posted:

Tidy. Love it.

Aaaaand now I've started looking for one as a long distance alternative to the Zero. This one looks solid to me.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

“Had to lay it down”

Never change, motorcycling public

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

“Had to lay it down”

Never change, motorcycling public

Doing a u-turn, no less. The only valid use of a layer dan is to slide the bike under the trailer of a jack-knifing 18 wheeler.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

That got an eye roll out of me for sure.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

You get an extra :hmmyes: if done while on fire

epswing
Nov 4, 2003

Soiled Meat

Gorson posted:

You get an extra :hmmyes: if done while on fire

And drinking a Mountain Dew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TorakFade