Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
I hope midway through production the show is cancelled, and they wrap things up in an ending where Joffrey kills Sansa, finds the hound, sews her severed head onto him by the lips and makes him walk through King's Landing. Flash forward fifty years, and the world is buried in snow. Dany fell off her horse and hit her head on a rock.

The final line is "Arya never made it home."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

In It For The Tank posted:

According to WIC.net, Tyrion and Sansa's wedding is going to take place in Episode 8 of Season 3.

Makes it likely that the Red Wedding will be Episode 9 and Joff's wedding will be the finale. I was really hoping for a RW season finale for maximum anguish.

If they're splitting ASOS into two seasons, they really don't have a lot left after RW to fill a full season. I guess Season 4 will be ASOS with some of AFFC.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

e: poo poo, this was for the last page.

No, it just means that he's into guys with wheelchairs and text to speech boxes.

thornghost posted:

SaviourX, should I have you on chapters 6, 18 and 22?

gently caress yeah. 22 is a bitch so far, but hopefully I won't take another 5 years on it. Also, Borderlands 2.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

whowhatwhere posted:

Is it that he is more intelligent or that others become more stupid when exposed to his torso?

His intelligence changes. I suspect he's a plant, actually, so as he's more and more covered his ability to utilize sunlight to fuel his synapses is degraded. Watch season 2, for instance; he's wearing long-sleeved button-downs while he's off with the churchgoers and he's dumb as poo poo, but when he's bare-chested he comes up with a great plan to scare all of Ensign Ro's thralls.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Azure_Horizon posted:

If they're splitting ASOS into two seasons, they really don't have a lot left after RW to fill a full season. I guess Season 4 will be ASOS with some of AFFC.

Probably a good thing they stop the whole 1 book = 1 season now anyway, it's not really needed. Especially since, even when combined, Feast/Dance doesn't have anything like a proper narrative structure. Apart from Cersei's story I guess.

Edit: That also probably means that Storm, Feast and Dance will cover 3 seasons, meaning the show will have caught up with the books before the next one comes out.

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Sep 20, 2012

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

SaviourX posted:

e: poo poo, this was for the last page.

No, it just means that he's into guys with wheelchairs and text to speech boxes.

gently caress yeah. 22 is a bitch so far, but hopefully I won't take another 5 years on it. Also, Borderlands 2.

Okay, got the post updated with all of your calls. Let me know when you've got them uploaded to the Google Doc and I'll mark them as completed.

Since I'm sick at home with pneumonia, I may end up picking up some extra slack if I can stop playing FTL for ten minutes.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Junkenstein posted:

Edit: That also probably means that Storm, Feast and Dance will cover 3 seasons, meaning the show will have caught up with the books before the next one comes out.

Feast will be one episode of Brienne asking a bunch of people if they've seen Sansa.
Dance will be a single episode of Tyrion eating things, falling off a barge, riding a pig and then Dany making GBS threads on the dothraki sea.

Waffle Ho
Jul 29, 2004

What are they complaining about today? Fucking shithole of a city. Whining bastards, bitching about the trash or the crime or this or that.

According to WIC.net, Tyrion and Sansa's wedding is going to take place in Episode 8 of Season 3.

Makes it likely that the Red Wedding will be Episode 9 and Joff's wedding will be the finale. I was really hoping for a RW season finale for maximum anguish.

They can't have Joff's wedding in S3, there's no Red Viper this season :colbert:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

But there is the legally-distinct-and-non-copyright-infringing Orion Martin, the Crimson Asp! :eng101:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Azure_Horizon posted:

They've said they're not going to necessarily follow the one book at a time structure any more and will probably re-arrange the order of some events so they flow better on TV.

Having said that, I suspect they'll keep the order of the ASOS weddings in place. To me it'd still make sense to end season 3 with the Red Wedding as a cliffhanger. Joff's wedding can come a few episodes into season 4. After that, they can easily push back Littlefinger's wedding and start implementing some Feast for Crows/Dance of Dragons stuff in the second half of the season. I kind of think having Lysa take flight would be a pretty cool way to end season 4 but that's a loooong ways off.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Ballz posted:

I kind of think having Lysa take flight would be a pretty cool way to end season 4 but that's a loooong ways off.

Littlefinger with the smuggest of :smug: faces: Only Cat.

Man, that would own.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

IRQ posted:

Littlefinger with the smuggest of :smug: faces: Only Cat.

Man, that would own.

I always figured it was more vicious than a simple :smug:

I mean, she did rape him, and was always a symbol that he would never really be an acceptable member of the elite.

So I figured it was basically a slightly toned down :shepface:

Waffle Ho
Jul 29, 2004

What are they complaining about today? Fucking shithole of a city. Whining bastards, bitching about the trash or the crime or this or that.

Ballz posted:

I kind of think having Lysa take flight would be a pretty cool way to end season 4 but that's a loooong ways off.

That's gotta be the next-to-last scene, Zombie Cat should be the parting shot.

whowhatwhere posted:

I always figured it was more vicious than a simple :smug:

I mean, she did rape him, and was always a symbol that he would never really be an acceptable member of the elite.

So I figured it was basically a slightly toned down :shepface:

Oh yeah, the rape and the subsequent dismissal by Hoster had to have been chapping his rear end for years.

I'm sure the intended exit he originally had planned for Lysa was much cleaner, but he misjudged how cray cray she really was.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Waffle Ho posted:

That's gotta be the next-to-last scene, Zombie Cat should be the parting shot.

Oh yeah, the rape and the subsequent dismissal by Hoster had to have been chapping his rear end for years.

I'm sure the intended exit he originally had planned for Lysa was much cleaner, but he misjudged how cray cray she really was.

It was probably more ironic, like getting her pregnant and arranging for her to die in childbirth, possibly by shoving Sweetrobin up her vagina, crushing him in her tentacular meat hole.

Waffle Ho
Jul 29, 2004

Thulsa Doom posted:

It was probably more ironic, like getting her pregnant and arranging for her to die in childbirth, possibly by shoving Sweetrobin up her vagina, crushing him in her tentacular meat hole.

That mental image was so not needed. Well done.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
I want Lysa and Sweetrobin to be recast as Lucille and Buster from Arrested Development.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I want Lysa and Sweetrobin to be recast as Lyta and Bester from Babylon 5.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Alayne: Robin, this is exactly why our relationship does not work.

Sweetrobin: Our relationship doesn't work?

Alayne: No, not as long as you keep getting me all mixed up with your mother.

Sweetrobin: It is exactly the opposite. I'm leaving my mother for you. You're replacing my mother.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thulsa Doom posted:

...coming soon, in A Clash of Cocks. :shepicide:

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Alayne: Robin, this is exactly why our relationship does not work.

Sweetrobin: Our relationship doesn't work?

Alayne: No, not as long as you keep getting me all mixed up with your mother.

Sweetrobin: It is exactly the opposite. I'm leaving my mother for you. You're replacing my mother.

Sweetrobin: I ain' rulin' poo poo till you whip out a tit!

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Jaime Lannister: [looks at golden hand] I'm a monster!!!!!!

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson
I'm imagining this scene but with the Bear and the Maiden Fair.

And I'll do chapter 12. I didn't like food anyway.

The Mutato fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 21, 2012

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson
e: gently caress double post

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Jaimes Blond: The Man With the Golden Hand, coming to a mummer's show near you!

Waffle Ho
Jul 29, 2004

would I get in trouble for posting this without explanation in the babby thread

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Is Rob still alive in the show? drat.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Yeah, Red Wedding is all-but-confirmed as happening either episode 9 (if they follow the "episode 9 is for climax" formula) or 10 (if they're smart) of this season.

Bluedust
Jan 7, 2009

by Ralp
I know this is probably a dumb question, but it's been over a year, have we had any update on the next book?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

Nope!

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
The Red Wedding is gonna own. I can't wait to see the audience throw a poo poo fit over that.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

My girlfriend is reading up to that right now. Her reaction, I cannot wait for. Same with my buddy at work who's reading Storm. Both of them think Robb is the poo poo and gonna rock everyone's world.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

My friend is reading it and can tell Robb's too dumb to live :smith: Hopefully the Red Wedding will still be more extreme than he expected, and on the plus side he thinks Dany's actually gonna get poo poo done :unsmigghh:

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Urdnot Fire posted:

My friend is reading it and can tell Robb's too dumb to live :smith: Hopefully the Red Wedding will still be more extreme than he expected, and on the plus side he thinks Dany's actually gonna get poo poo done :unsmigghh:

To be fair, "poo poo" is exactly what Dany gets done.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Waffle Ho posted:

Yes, but I hope you do it anyways.

(not because I want you to get in trouble)

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Waffle Ho posted:

Do it. As soon as possible, preferably!

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

The thing we totally should do is hoard all these gifs and have one guy do like fifty of them in one post the second the episode ends. Imagine it...:allears:

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

If D&D omit Robb and Grey Wind's head switch I will be so disappointed.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Waffle Ho posted:

That's beautiful.

I didn't get any poo poo for posting all over TVIV with a Wolfheaded 'King in the North' avatar.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Yeah, but that's partially because you're one guy with a cool gimmick (the stark kids and their direwolves are kinda psychically linked, right? They're almost the same!!1!). If dozens of the images started popping up, all of them about Robb, then more people will cotton on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Bluedust posted:

I know this is probably a dumb question, but it's been over a year, have we had any update on the next book?

Gurn definintey wasn't working on it before foowbawll season, and almost certainly isn't now.