Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The name is Bond... just Bond. Vince thought "James" sounded like a loser's name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I miss this guy

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They tried the "James Bond of the WWE" gimmick with Dean Malenko and it didn't work due to Deano not being believable as a smooth talking ladies man, but I think Cesaro could pull it off.

Cesaro's old theme was even a rework of Malenko's Bond theme, and he straight up reused Malenko's theme back in FCW.

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.

Still his best theme.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ratedargh posted:

Still his best theme.

C'est vrai.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war

sticklefifer posted:

They tried the "James Bond of the WWE" gimmick with Dean Malenko and it didn't work due to Deano not being believable as a smooth talking ladies man, but I think Cesaro could pull it off.

Cesaro's old theme was even a rework of Malenko's Bond theme, and he straight up reused Malenko's theme back in FCW.

Wasn't Malenko's gimmick supposed to be ironic?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

Holland Oats posted:

they did the same thing with Daniel Bryan and he ended up marrying Brie Bella

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Holland Oats posted:

You know how WWE will sometimes give someone a gimmick to be funny and then it doesn't really catch on and then the gimmick just sort of becomes that person's character and they promote him like it was always intended that way?

After the initial midcard push, Malenko would just come out on Velocity or Heat with babes on his arms and Michael Cole would call him "The James Bond of the WWE" and that would be it.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Poor Dean, he was obviously going nowhere in the E. HHH pedigreeing him looked like someone assaulting Wee Man.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Corporate Kane posted:

they did the same thing with Daniel Bryan and he ended up marrying Brie Bella

Is there any other stuff Vince did to Bryan after he started dating/married brie? Considering how much it seems to bother him when attractive women date guys less attractive than them I'd assume he had to have gotten at least a few shots in

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Actually, there's another role you might be better suited for.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
I was looking at a WWE.com thing about past US title holders and completely forgot Cena had a custom US belt too.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sum Mors posted:

I was looking at a WWE.com thing about past US title holders and completely forgot Cena had a custom US belt too.

Aside from the Divas title that is probably the ugliest belt ever

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Aesop Poprock posted:

Aside from the Divas title that is probably the ugliest belt ever

I hate his World title more. At least the US title had an American flag on it so it's thematic. His World title was gaudy as hell and looked like a toy, emblazoned with "CHAMP" on it, let alone being the top title of the company. It's like the nu metal of championship belts.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

I hate his World title more. At least the US title had an American flag on it so it's thematic. His World title was gaudy as hell and looked like a toy, emblazoned with "CHAMP" on it, let alone being the top title of the company. It's like the nu metal of championship belts.

The US flags on the side are fine. The weird ripped US flag emblem with the off center titling on the main mirror or whatever it's called is atrocious

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Aesop Poprock posted:

The US flags on the side are fine. The weird ripped US flag emblem with the off center titling on the main mirror or whatever it's called is atrocious

I think it's meant to be waving in the wind

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

The spinner belt was fine for his character in the middle of the last decade. The problem was that it should've only been used as his version of the Smoking Skull belt and was kept WAY too long after it became irrelevant even to his character.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Thauros posted:

The spinner belt was fine for his character in the middle of the last decade. The problem was that it should've only been used as his version of the Smoking Skull belt and was kept WAY too long after it became irrelevant even to his character.

Yeah, Edge had his own version but after that it should've been replaced, especially for Punk's long-rear end run.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

sticklefifer posted:

Yeah, Edge had his own version but after that it should've been replaced, especially for Punk's long-rear end run.

Still worth it for RVD winning it, loving around with it like a high idiot and saying "it spins"

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I like the current thing they do with the side-plates but letting wrestlers make customised belts seems like a dumb thing to do in kayfabe.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's off center because that whole middle medallion was a spinner. It was ridiculously dumb.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Seams posted:

I like the current thing they do with the side-plates but letting wrestlers make customised belts seems like a dumb thing to do in kayfabe.

The current belt is a wrestler-made custom belt too.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Say Nothing posted:

Caillou is a superhero now?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Say Nothing posted:

Good call. Saitama is basically Cesaro with a Goldberg push.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life

Thauros posted:

Miz turning the W upside down for his run was pretty great also.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gavok posted:

Good call. Saitama is basically Cesaro with a Goldberg push.

I seen that show. Saitama is a blank faced dummy with stupid motivations for doing anything and uncanny strength and ability. So yeah perfect.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Tommy ain't buying that war on Christmas bull

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Good for Tommy to get a job at Starbucks.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

pffft, like he'd work anywhere but a dunkin' doughnuts

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Under taker is behind him and Tommys going to puke in thst cup

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Puking eat beast was actually a pretty believable gimmick for Tommy

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Codependent Poster posted:

Good for Tommy to get a job at Starbucks.

Tommy will job anywhere.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hmm.

Nah.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Vault 111 decides to open for YOU, jack?!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Very flattering hairline for Hogan

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Yeah, skullet is a hairstyle option.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Gonz posted:

Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Vault 111 decides to open for YOU, jack?!

no-sell the nuclear apocalypse for 200 years :v:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

It was bad enough with Big E but Paige is an equal opportunity molester

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Hey now, don't disparage Paige or her completely valid and awesome usage of E's titties :colbert: