Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Captain Blaargh posted:

Congrats to whatever goon got these. You won't be disappointed. I love them both and that Shadow Prime makes the best use of the Nemesis Prime deco I've seen. So drat sinister.
It's me. I've had my eye on that set for a long time, especially for that Prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Star Saber makes all of my dreams come true

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Happened to be looking at Amazon for the ten seconds I could order a Leader Megatron from when they get more in in a week in a half or so.

Keep on eye on them if you're still after him. You might luck out at some point too.

Edit: Star Saber is the mighty plastic king of all our dreams.^^^^^

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Primus hates you, cat!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Man, that sword looks like hot garbage.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ka0 posted:

Star Saber makes all of my dreams come true

It's always nice when the box you got your cat comes with something cool for you, too.

I got all my Stunticons the other day and they're really great. I like them way more than the Aerialbots. Menasor looks a lot better than he comes off in pictures.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Endless Mike posted:

It's always nice when the box you got your cat comes with something cool for you, too.

I got all my Stunticons the other day and they're really great. I like them way more than the Aerialbots. Menasor looks a lot better than he comes off in pictures.

He needs some work to make his legs look better, but I rather like Menasor.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That 3rd party dude that made the replacement Motormaster hip ratchets also makes replacement Superion BananaHorns, some fugly but geewun horns for Menasor, and a plate to attach Blackjack fan-style to Menasor.

With the replacement BananaHorns, I'm not sure I need the Perfect Effect upgrade kit...

I'm not joking. Hasbro has done a good job overall with the Combiner Wars.

EDIT: the guy at http://nonnef.com

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TheDK posted:

It's me. I've had my eye on that set for a long time, especially for that Prime.

I always preferred Megatron in the set more because he's not a shiny black, but a really nice Matte Black and the Purple is loving stunning.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Sire Oblivion posted:

I always preferred Megatron in the set more because he's not a shiny black, but a really nice Matte Black and the Purple is loving stunning.

Yup. When I first opened it I said "Wow" out loud when I saw Megatron. One of the best paint jobs in the line's history.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

Agreed, he's kind of splayed out but in a hulking monstrous way that really works.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So I did what I could to fix Motormaster's lovely hips until I can possibly fix him, and wound up with a form that actually works really well on its own and is sturdy too.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
The whole "weapons go into the little hole and aren't really held" thing does NOT work for that sword, holy hell. Not as bad for guns 'cause it's harder to tell. Those legs look way better than the official mode, though. And I don't mind Breakdown as an arm like that- maybe I'll pick him up if I see him. Speaking of which, my Wal-Mart had one single wave 2 figure, so I picked up Off-Road. There was him, one Alpha Bravo, three Optimuses, and a shitton of AOE bullshit. drat this barely-a-city. Just let me have a drat Motormaster so I can cobble a gestalt together!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've got the Wave 2 deluxes coming in the mail, and Menasor with airplane limbs on my coffee table with Silverbolt looking on in concern. I think most of all I like his double jointed neck, combined with his angry face it makes him so much more expressive than Superion.

Leader Megs showed up at the TRUs in town. I only know this because of all the Armada Megatrons still on the shelves. Guess I'll be waiting till they hit the Walmarts.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Keldroc posted:

Yup. When I first opened it I said "Wow" out loud when I saw Megatron. One of the best paint jobs in the line's history.

The set was so good it's the only thing I've ever ordered from TFSource.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Phy posted:

Armada Megatrons still on the shelves.

This is disappointing - Armada Megatron is one imperious son of a bitch.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Phy posted:

Leader Megs showed up at the TRUs in town. I only know this because of all the Armada Megatrons still on the shelves. Guess I'll be waiting till they hit the Walmarts.
If he's not an especially supported figured Amanda Megantron is going to wang us out of getting the G1 version, the Ontario sightings board is just "left 2 Armada Megs, bought the last G1" or "saw 3 Armada megs, sigh"

I wonder if Taint Reaper knows what the next case assortment is. But then, that would be useful...

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Spiderdrake posted:

I wonder if Taint Reaper knows what the next case assortment is. But then, that would be useful...

Should be the four Protectobots.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Spiderdrake posted:

If he's not an especially supported figured Amanda Megantron is going to wang us out of getting the G1 version, the Ontario sightings board is just "left 2 Armada Megs, bought the last G1" or "saw 3 Armada megs, sigh"

Yeah, my G1 Megs order on Amazon suddenly came in stock this morning. I am so glad I don't need to hunt for that glorious bastard any more. Hopefully Hasbro makes plenty more of him so everyone gets one.

Now just show up somewhere and not be marked up, wave 2 limbs. Come on!

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Spiderdrake posted:

Both Thundercracker and Ultra Magnus are shipping as solid cases of just themselves. Don't know what's after that but I'd hope there's a Megatron/Magnus revision case eventually.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That Armada Megatron can't really justify its own wave like Thundercracker or Ultra Magnus. So, of course, he's been stuck in with the good Megatron and is going to shelfwarm anyway.

I understand the need to save money by retooling molds, but Armada Megatron was not the correct choice for this mold.

The correct character is Perceptor, obviously.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Did Generations Soundblaster. shelfwarm? It seemed to sell as well as Soundwave.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Magnus's arms look weird and is that Megatron chrome-y or is that just a trick of the light?

In any case, Magnus looks fantastic and hefty.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I dont think he pushed the arms all the way up into the pauldrons

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Och, yeah, that'd explain it.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The promo pics mistransformed him in a similar way but yeah they're supposed to go further up.

Also I recall reading that G1 Megs will indeed get a case revision all by himself later.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I like the Armada Megatron but yeah, he is totally gonna shelf warm.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That Armada Megatron can't really justify its own wave like Thundercracker or Ultra Magnus. So, of course, he's been stuck in with the good Megatron and is going to shelfwarm anyway.

I understand the need to save money by retooling molds, but Armada Megatron was not the correct choice for this mold.

The correct character is Perceptor, obviously.

No it was not. Armada Megs seems more like a limited run con/store exclusive using that mold. In a couple more years I could see him getting his own though. I wish they had waited and done a different character later on with this leader class. If I had my druthers I'd go for slightly heavier retool and make a Galvatron, a Bludgeon, or Tarn or whoever, but just someone better suited and later.

Yeah, nice and hefty. Also that dreamy headsculpt. :wink:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I would have preferred G2 Megatron, it would have been perfect for this mold and I would have eaten it up, but that's because I'm a gigantic G2 Meg's fanboy.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

I would have preferred G2 Megatron, it would have been perfect for this mold and I would have eaten it up, but that's because I'm a gigantic G2 Meg's fanboy.

Oh my god, yes. My G2 Megs is getting a place of honor once I have a fancy display cabinet up.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Are we talking Green and Blue or Purple and Black G2 Megatron?

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Green Megs all the way here.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Mods, please change my name to Amanda Megantron, tia.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

There is no hiding from Devastator!

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
This bugs the poo poo out of me, but has anyone else never seen the Autobot symbol as Prowl's face and instead just saw a sad old man face with Rodimus-like age lines?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jetfire posted:

This bugs the poo poo out of me, but has anyone else never seen the Autobot symbol as Prowl's face and instead just saw a sad old man face with Rodimus-like age lines?

I never, ever thought it was supposed to be Prowl's face. Soundwave and the Decepticon symbol were obvious to me after a certain age, but the Autobot one is just a grim robot. Grim and weepy if I'm feeling jocular about it.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Jetfire posted:

That's all I see too.

I didn't even know it was Prowl's face. News to me!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Captain Blaargh posted:

Green Megs all the way here.

Green Megs doesn't have a sick MEGATRON RULES sticker though!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

If you're thinking of Prowl's animation model face, it doesn't make much sense, but it's based on the original toy's face, which is a little easier to see. It's not as direct a translation as Soundwave's face is to the Decepticon logo, but it's there if you imagine it as a flattened out 2D version.