Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Zo posted:

most shooters use client side hit detection, and pubg would be unplayable with server side hit detection

cs:go uses hitscan weapons at close range with very few players, low pings and way higher tick rate, and still bullets will disappear on a regular basis due to server/client desync

edit: you're correct in that high ping advantage is basically not existent in server side hit detection games like cs:go though

Makes sense. I never really thought about the differences in server side vs client side and how it would play out in different types of games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

VulgarandStupid posted:

Stop watching anime on your second monitor and shut it off. Focus. You are going to get shot, or at least shot at. Now that you are focused and understand you'll get shot, try to work on moving, even just a little bit whenever you think you can be shot. You can almost always be shot, so unless you're hiding in a wheat field near the end or something, always be jiggling.

Maybe, pick up a sport. Something with balls, perhaps.

There's nothing playing on my other monitors, I play with headphones on, I've got 80 hours in this and a bazillion in other shooters, I'm not an anxious person, I played sports in high school and racquetball now.

I don't know it's a lovely physiological thing. I hate jump scare movies because they have a similar effect.

Content: do suppressed ARs always create a puff of smoke at the barrel when you fire? I had a suppressed M16 last night and was noticing it.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
anyone know what that 1.3 MB patch was all about?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

The Wonder Weapon posted:

There's nothing playing on my other monitors, I play with headphones on, I've got 80 hours in this and a bazillion in other shooters, I'm not an anxious person, I played sports in high school and racquetball now.

I don't know it's a lovely physiological thing. I hate jump scare movies because they have a similar effect.

Content: do suppressed ARs always create a puff of smoke at the barrel when you fire? I had a suppressed M16 last night and was noticing it.

Suppressors are in between flash hiders and no attachments/compensators when it comes to hiding the flash

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I was like this when I started playing. Throwing my mouse into 180 degree turns when I'd get shot at seemingly out of nowhere. You get used to it, and start to focus on the important things (where it's coming from, how to effectively to get into cover) from experience. You also learn what to listen for so you avoid get surprised. Things like pins on grenades, reloads, footsteps, distant vehicles. Now I only get surprised by people who haven't moved the entire time i've been near them. Turning your headset down so you don't hurt your ears helps too.

mrking fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Oct 11, 2017

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
The game really has been sucking out for me lately. Textures not loading, invisible buildings, connection refused when trying to matchmake, network lag. the past 48 hours have been terrible.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Parallel Playa posted:

Suppressors are in between flash hiders and no attachments/compensators when it comes to hiding the flash

Weirdly enough, according to to this guy's video there is no flash on suppressors and only reduced on flash hiders
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG-rZAaxZfE&t=84s

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Tweak posted:

Weirdly enough, according to to this guy's video there is no flash on suppressors and only reduced on flash hiders

yikes

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I kind of figured suppressors would be the best option for long range being a dick. Although depending on the situation maybe a compensator is still better?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I kind of figured suppressors would be the best option for long range being a dick. Although depending on the situation maybe a compensator is still better?

I engaged a squad at 600+ at meters with an M-16 playing solo squad, and a compensator was definitely useful there. At my range and position, they had no way to retaliate effectively even though they knew my general direction. Killed two, seriously wounded the rest disabled their vehicle, it was good.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
In the context of not getting blindsided by party C while yourself A and enemy B are fighting, a suppressor is the better choice every time. Compensators hit their value during extended fights, or in duo/squad. Your suppressor should always be the first to shoot if you get the drop since the ability to not reveal your location significantly outweighs slightly better accuracy if you are concealed. Keep a compensator on a rifle until you get a suppressor then either drop it or keep it on your secondary. They can be great tools for your duo buddy to have. Light up a guy and if they manage to dial in your suppressed shots, then you can bring in the weapon with reduced recoil for effective time to kill.

A AR suppressor is like a ticket to chicken dinner because it removes a serious obstacle; namely, being hunted by other players during engagements. It's especially useful because even in firefights, others will only hear your opponent, which can obscure your location even more in the confusion.

Even better, you can safely finish off or weaken others while they're getting shot at and no one will be the wiser.

The moral is if you manage to get a compass direction on suppressed weapons, always keep them in mind as you move because you might be unlucky enough to have to deal with them in the future, and having an idea of where that guy with a power tool or accessory can be the difference between cleaning up 3 groups or fighting off two and getting picked off by that opportunistic third.

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Oct 11, 2017

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Tweak posted:

this is interesting info but LMAO at a guy reading from a static chart behind him for 9 minutes with literally 10 seconds of in-game footage total

I'd like to see a comparison for a guy prone on a hillside at 100-300yrds, that's the flash I really care about

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 11, 2017

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

its curtains for Kevin posted:

In the context of not getting blindsided by party C while yourself A and enemy B are fighting, a suppressor is the better choice every time. Compensators hit their value during extended fights, or in duo/squad. Your suppressor should always be the first to shoot if you get the drop since the ability to not reveal your location significantly outweighs slightly better accuracy if you are concealed. Keep a compensator on a rifle until you get a suppressor then either drop it or keep it on your secondary. They can be great tools for your duo buddy to have. Light up a guy and if they manage to dial in your suppressed shots, then you can bring in the weapon with reduced recoil for effective time to kill.

A AR suppressor is like a ticket to chicken dinner because it removes a serious obstacle; namely, being hunted by other players during engagements. It's especially useful because even in firefights, others will only hear your opponent, which can obscure your location even more in the confusion.

Even better, you can safely finish off or weaken others while they're getting shot at and no one will be the wiser.

The moral is if you manage to get a compass direction on suppressed weapons, always keep them in mind as you move because you might be unlucky enough to have to deal with them in the future, and having an idea of where that guy with a power tool or accessory can be the difference between cleaning up 3 groups or fighting off two and getting picked off by that opportunistic third.

fart

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Anyone having issues with wins not being tracked on the stats page / Pubg tracker? Had a good day on Sat with 4 dinners but my stats only show 2.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

cougar cub posted:

Anyone having issues with wins not being tracked on the stats page / Pubg tracker? Had a good day on Sat with 4 dinners but my stats only show 2.

They aren't tracking stats right now.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

cougar cub posted:

Hockles posted:

Leaderboards are delayed for another week, until 10/17. So, we are essentially in purgatory until then.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1469721989542086360

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Oooooooooh

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

cougar cub posted:

no that would require winning

dummy

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i suppose lifetime stats are too much to ask for

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Everyone deserves a badness jubilee

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

The old stats are still there, right? For lifetime all a site has to do is put them all together.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I meant like in app but pubg.me or whatever works

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Tweak posted:

I meant like in app but pubg.me or whatever works

Only if their stats had been looked up during said seasons, on pubg.me

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
I stumbled into an experiment today. I'm pretty bad, and my computer is old. I get anywhere from 20 to 50 FPS. Its an i5-2500k@3.30GHZ, 8 gigs of ram, an SSD, and a Radeon R7 370 Series. What I find is that I get beaten by campers around corners and I get beaten when I try to camp.

What I'm trying to figure out is how much is it me, and how much is it the Computer. I haven't played an FPS since BF:Bad Company and I'm in my late 40's.

The experiment is that I dropped the most crowded place I could, almost always School or Military Base. It took me 34 games tonight before I got a kill. I have about 60 hours played, and I'm usually not that terrible. Once all the parts come in and I build the PC, I'll play 34 games of the same strategy and see how many kills I get.

Also, I got one top 3 because I had to drop outside the circle and I couldn't find a fight.

Edit: I was trying on all of these. Here is a link to the log

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SKIYW9_F90S-wvd4MACpTANroz-KXyJbHCO-IdpN2ek/edit?usp=sharing

daslog fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 12, 2017

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

If it took you 34 games to get a kill it might not be the pc...

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

daslog posted:

I stumbled into an experiment today. I'm pretty bad, and my computer is old. I get anywhere from 20 to 50 FPS. Its an i5-2500k@3.30GHZ, 8 gigs of ram, an SSD, and a Radeon R7 370 Series. What I find is that I get beaten by campers around corners and I get beaten when I try to camp.

What I'm trying to figure out is how much is it me, and how much is it the Computer. I haven't played an FPS since BF:Bad Company and I'm in my late 40's.

The experiment is that I dropped the most crowded place I could, almost always School or Military Base. It took me 34 games tonight before I got a kill. I have about 60 hours played, and I'm usually not that terrible. Once all the parts come in and I build the PC, I'll play 34 games of the same strategy and see how many kills I get.

Also, I got one top 3 because I had to drop outside the circle and I couldn't find a fight.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SKIYW9_F90S-wvd4MACpTANroz-KXyJbHCO-IdpN2ek/edit?usp=sharing

stop playing with a controller

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

daslog posted:

put some headphones on

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

daslog posted:

Stop playing with your mouth controller and get some 3d printed arms.

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord
Thanks goons for the 3/4 chicken dinners and a second place, our team was ruining the NA servers no less.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Two games in a row now some blatant cheaters in the final circle. loving lame!

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
congrats on making it to the final circle twice

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
When I was little my dad was fond of the expression "second place is a body bag." I am constantly reminded of that when I play this game. gently caress second place.

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015
I guess this is the updated damage chart:
https://imgur.com/zEHj5y6

For posterity.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Chair In A Basket posted:

congrats on making it to the final circle twice

I've hardly encountered any cheaters so far playing this game. 5/7 dinners tonight, no MMR is great

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Slim Mat posted:

I guess this is the updated damage chart:
https://imgur.com/zEHj5y6

For posterity.

I wouldn't have guessed the Mini 14 and M249 have the exact same damage profile

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

fletcher posted:

I wouldn't have guessed the Mini 14 and M249 have the exact same damage profile

Yes, but the mini-14 gets 80 more velocity... because...

Also, for the record, I posted on test server patch night about the damage.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Zo posted:

stop playing with a controller

dc3k posted:

put some headphones on

cosmicjim posted:

Stop playing with your mouth controller and get some 3d printed arms.

I've got the first 2 already covered, but I think the 3d printed arms might work. I tend to play very aggressive and that doesn't seem to work in PUBG and my parachutes were really bad last night.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

daslog posted:

I've got the first 2 already covered, but I think the 3d printed arms might work. I tend to play very aggressive and that doesn't seem to work in PUBG and my parachutes were really bad last night.

Aggressive is fine if you do it right, especially in very early game in high action areas. Get a gun -> shoot people. Parachuting well is entirely up to you. Fly straight first and then dive when you approx 300 m out and hope to achieve that magic number of 234km/h. Use the w wiggle for added precision after the chute has deployed.
That said, your fps is pretty bad and is for sure making things more difficult. You had a new computer on the way? Otherwhise you can OC that 2500k to something like 4.3Ghz fairly easily.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Oct 12, 2017

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

daslog posted:

Playing aggressively works wonders in FPP. Stop playing lovely TPP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

TJChap2840 posted:

Playing aggressively works wonders in FPP. Stop playing lovely TPP

This is all FPP

• Locked thread