Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Rexicon1 posted:

Very very very few people who believe in bootstrapping actually bootstrapped themselves. Usually the ones who pull themselves up know its a loving nightmare to actually do it and try to help others

You can't actually lift yourself up by your own bootstraps. It is literally impossible, so of course the people who believe that they have done so are wrong. They are morons who believe sincerely in a joke made at their expense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
My fav was when she dropped a "you people" when being asked why her husband wasn't holding himself to his dads (and most subsequent candidates) standards for releasing their tax returns.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

FMguru posted:

Ann managed to run up a wonderful collection of quotes in 2012 before she was pulled from the trail, mostly of her being upset and not able to believe she has to explain to you morons why her husband was the obvious choice to be president. She was so loving mad that there were people out there who dared to prevent Mitt and her from assuming their destined palce in the White House. Every line out of her mouth made her sound exactly like a rich housewife berating The Help for putting out the wrong tablecloths for the summer cotillion. It was awesome.

I bet she cried into her pillow for two weeks straight after election night.

Wasn't the story that she wanted to be First Lady kind of a lot more than Mitt actually wanted to be President?

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

ErIog posted:

Wasn't the story that she wanted to be First Lady kind of a lot more than Mitt actually wanted to be President?

That's certainly the impression I got from that Netflix doc. Mitt never seemed like his heart was in it, but everyone around him was constantly pushing him.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I remember Limbaugh being on Leno(?) and the host asking him to say just one nice thing about Bill Clinton, and he flat out refused like a goddamn baby. Everyone was seriously uncomfortable and it was awkward as hell.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

moths posted:

I remember Limbaugh being on Leno(?) and the host asking him to say just one nice thing about Bill Clinton, and he flat out refused like a goddamn baby. Everyone was seriously uncomfortable and it was awkward as hell.

To be fair to Limbaugh he's smart enough to know that the second he does that he would be seen as weak by his hateful audience and abandoned for the next guy.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

But he'd also be seen as human by potential fans, who might tune in and ...realize he's a monster and never make that mistake again.

So yeah I guess he didn't really have a choice there.

Eponymouse
Nov 2, 2013

Beneath the skin, we are already one.

radical meme posted:

This article in Glenn Beck's rag sheet The Blaze is amazing for its pretty much even handed treatment of some startling facts about the Nevada almost range war this weekend. Some organizers of the militia showdown were going to ask the women folk to be the first to get shot, if the shooting started; dead women on international news would look the best for their purposes.

Women's rights right there ya'll.

Militiamen, your Taliban is showing.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
My favorite part of Limbaugh's program intersected nicely with my other favorite past time: making fun of freepers

quote:

To: mylife
Rush:

Concomitantly; con·com·i·tant·ly (adverb)

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/concomitant

124 posted on 4/14/2014 1:34:32 PM by carriage_hill (Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 119 | View Replies]

quote:

To: carriage_hill
yes! and if i hear that word, and his pronunciation,
one more time i`ll scream...lol

128 posted on 4/14/2014 1:39:16 PM by krunkygirl (force multiplier in effect...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 124 | View Replies]

quote:

RUSH: I understand, ladies and gentlemen, that my occasional usage of the word "concomitant" and "concomitantly" is irritating Freepers at FreeRepublic.com. "Yes, and if I hear that word and his pronunciation one more time, I will scream!" I guess some prefer "con-com-i-TANT-ly." At any rate, I was watching a show, a BBC show -- a fascinating show, by the way. I hope it's made available in America. It's from the BBC, about Kim Philby. It's a two-parter. I think it's an hour and 45 minutes each, whatever. It's an hour, hour and a half, maybe it's two hours.

So there are two episodes of a historian/documentarian named Ben Macintyre telling the story of Kim Philby. He was a Soviet spy in the UK who got away with it for quite a few years. It's a fascinating story. It occurred informant fifties, sixties, all the way in the eighties. Hhe died sometime in the eighties, but listening to Ben Macintyre narrate this thing, he pronounced some words in ways I have never heard them pronounced. I had to rewind one thing three or four times to hear it, 'cause dovetailed with what the captioning said.
We pronounce the word "controversy." He said it "con-TRO-ve-see," as in the "controversy that Philby found himself in the midst of..." I said, "Wait. What is that?" It's just like in the old NBC days. I'm talking about the David Sarnoff days. When you wanted to try out to be a staff announcer at NBC, they gave you a pronunciation test, and if they gave you the word c-o-n-s-u-m-m-a-t-e, most people pronounce that "consummate." Ah, ah, ah! If you were taking the old NBC staff announcer test, if you didn't pronounce it "con-SUM-it," you failed. "Con-SUM-it" was the way it was pronounced then.
"Con-TRO-ve-see " is the way the Brits, apparently some of them, pronounce "controversy." There's "ad-VERT-tis-ment," and "advert" is the British word for commercial or spot. The British say everything wrong, but now people are all over me for "concomitantly" and the way I'm pronouncing it. They want "con-com-i-TANT-ly." That's the way some people want me to pronounce it. Screw all of you! You know what the word is. The thing is, when I started using it, everybody here thought I had made up a word. You Freepers at least know it's a word. (laughing) Now the staff's saying, "Gee, thanks, for making us look like idiots."
I'm just joking here, but the Freepers are really upset here, apparently, by the way I'm pronouncing it.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: If you can, go back, find an old dictionary, and look up the original pronunciation the word "espionage." It used to be "es-PI-on-age." Henry Cabot Lodge even once pronounced it that way, "es-PI-on-age," to go along with "con-com-i-TANT." Is that better, folks? "con-com-i-TANT-ly"?
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2014/04/14/host_s_concomitant_pronunciation_freaks_out_freepers
There is always more and it is always worse

Ahh yes, and he touched on the subject of the shooting in Kansas by that Nazi rear end in a top hat

quote:

RUSH: Folks, this takes me to this incident in Kansas City, where this wacko former KKK or current KKK member stabbed three Jewish people. And it has been fascinating to collect information on this and to find out exactly who it was, who inspired this guy. In fact, there's a piece here at PJMedia.com by a man named Ron Radosh: "Who Inspired the Nazi-Klan Leader’s Actions in Kansas?" And they've got the answers simply by reading this guy's own words.

This nutcase, what was his name, Glenn Miller. He's a demented American Nazi, KKK leader, and he is a huge Democrat. Yeah, and it turns out that they have found some things this guy has written, and there is a name, he actually mentions the name of the man who inspired him to stab Jewish people. I'm gonna read to you what this guy wrote...

"Jew journalist Max Blumenthal exposes and explains this attempt by a foreign government Israel, to buy the presidential election for the neo-con, war-mongering Republican establishment. Like I’ve been saying, the kikes simply do not trust a lame-duck black president with the name Hussein. Jews fear his re-election, thus this Jewish Super PAC to defeat him."

Max Blumenthal is the son of Sidney Blumenthal, who is, of course, Hillary Clinton's confidant. But Max Blumenthal, if I'm not mistaken, works at Media Matters for America. And Max Blumenthal is one of a cabal of left-wing journalists that despise Israel, and this guy found his way to things that these people had written, and he was inspired. He admits he was inspired by all this, and that's why he took action against the three Jewish people in Kansas City.

I've been told that only one of the three victims was Jewish, and this guy thinks all three were. At any rate, this guy, Glenn Miller, is a former KKK member. He once ran for office as a Democrat. All the KKK are Democrats. They always have been. He's an anti-Semite, obviously, and he did shout "Heil Hitler" when he was arrested, and this what has been posted by him. These are apparently some really wacko extremist, pro-Nazi, anti-Semitic websites, and this guy's posted plenty there where he identifies the people who inspire him. He mentioned the name Max Blumenthal.

Now, the only reason I mention that is that every time an incident like this happens -- I take you back to the shooting in Colorado. What did Brian Ross as ABC do? He had the name of the shooter, and the first thing he did was go on the Internet and try to find that name in a Tea Party website member roster. And he did. And he said we can't confirm it yet, but it looks like the shooter has Tea Party ties, and it turned out the shooter had nothing to do with the Tea Party. Any time there's an incident like this, a school shooting, you name it, the media immediately tries to say that the shooter was not motivated by whatever was in his or her own mind, but rather by talk radio, by Fox News, by conservatives, what have you.

In this case, here we have a guy who committed public acts, murder and so forth, and he mentions who inspired him and concomitantly the New York Times, "Ah, it's barely a hate crime. We're not gonna get into it much." Right. Because it's embarrassing who's inspiring this. You got a former KKK member, literally insane, run for office as a Democrat, inspired by some people at Media Matters. "Oh, can't report that." So that is the primary reason for imparting this to you.
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2...ansman_neo_nazi
:qq: The Democrats always try to tie hate crimes to the Tea Party. Now let me tell you how all Democrats are, and always have been, KKK members and how patriotic the rancher in Nevada is who literally wants to wage war against the Federal government.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Interesting that he says the guy stabbed twice when it was a shooting.

agarjogger
May 16, 2011

kik2dagroin posted:

:qq: The Democrats always try to tie hate crimes to the Tea Party. Now let me tell you how all Democrats are, and always have been, KKK members and how patriotic the rancher in Nevada is who literally wants to wage war against the Federal government.

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice!

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Intel&Sebastian posted:

My fav was when she dropped a "you people" when being asked why her husband wasn't holding himself to his dads (and most subsequent candidates) standards for releasing their tax returns.

I think the media top dogs (and the Dem campaign honchos) felt that hitting hard on an old lady suffering from MS could backfire in a bad way. But yes, Ann was/is the kind of person that grows exponentially more callous the more exposure she gets.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

The thing is with the KKK being Democrat...that wouldn't make much sense to me at this point. I mean, it'd be voting against their own self interests.

I mean has he even seen their propaganda? Every time it's about the evils of welfare, and about how the "COMMIES" are taking over the US backed by the "JEWS".

It's bizarre because most of it reads Tea Party-like, except it happens to go one step further. Where as the Tea Party stuff seems to stop before it implies that

Hell even the antisemitism has popped up among the Alex Jones faithful lately.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

It's not hard to trace the movement of white supremacists over the years....they used to be mostly Democrats before the 60's, then after LBJ signed the civil rights act, correctly predicting it would lose the Democrats the South, all those racists abandoned the Dem party and were welcomed by the GOP with open arms via Nixon's "southern strategy". What happened is pretty cut and dried.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

beatlegs posted:

It's not hard to trace the movement of white supremacists over the years....they used to be mostly Democrats before the 60's, then after LBJ signed the civil rights act, correctly predicting it would lose the Democrats the South, all those racists abandoned the Dem party and were welcomed by the GOP with open arms via Nixon's "southern strategy". What happened is pretty cut and dried.

Interesting tidbit: A larger percentage of republicans (by % of party members) voted against the CRA than Democrats, in both the north AND the south. So even BEFORE they absorbed all the dixiecrats they were still racist shitheads.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Edit: Possible parody article I fell for, checking now.

Edit2: Yep, I'm dumb. Ignore this.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Apr 15, 2014

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot
Judeo-Christian Moors, yo. Eat cheese or die.

ED: Well I thought it was a riot in any case, even if it was only a parody. Reality has outstripped parody so far with my friends on the R- side of the aisle that I just laugh and sometimes wish I hadn't quit drinking.

SnakePlissken fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Apr 15, 2014

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I don't know, Spacedad, I think you may be biased here. :v:

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Biased towards not checking articles that David Pakman puts up without checking to see if they're parody. This is the second time I've seen him fall for it, though I didn't fall for it the last time.

Here's the vid anyway, since the satire site is getting errors:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx8_OfXg05U

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Spacedad posted:

Biased towards not checking articles that David Pakman puts up without checking to see if they're parody. This is the second time I've seen him fall for it, though I didn't fall for it the last time.

No, see, the joke is that it's a show about space and you have the word space in your username, clearly indicating that you are in favour of space and space-related things.

Also it's funny that the site follows up on an older Onion story, in the "fate of brain dead Wisconsin teen who can only roll eyes, text."

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

I do favor the great starry expanse, yes. :o:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Edit:  a little old, but man, the pure crazy stream-of-consciousness

http://beforeitsnews.com/chemtrails/2014/04/revolution-now-in-nevada-to-save-cliven-bundy-2445186.html

quote:

Revolution NOW in Nevada to Save Cliven Bundy
Link on the story for those that don't know.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/rancher-s-son-describes-arrest-protest-federal-cattle-roundup

Things you NEED !
A Good attitude for good morale !! a rifle or shot gun + ammo & extra mags ! a camera ! hiking or combat boots, binoculars or a scope, maps or GPS & cell phone-
( cell signal can be shielded with tinfoil, no joke look it up ! ) water + electrolytes-
( coconut water & bananas are awesome easy to come by electrolytes ) ! a good night sleep the day before + healthy meals, lightweight loose fitting long sleeve clothing + hat or shades, cool weather clothing or sleeping bag ( for cool desert nights, temp will drop at night ! ) flash light, batteries for gear, bush knife or combat knife, some first aid, money for supplies on the road or in town Nevada, THE SPOT, rally point..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nevada_State_Route_170

Recommended items !
Bull horns, load baring vest, body armor, portable communication devices,
side arms / pistols + ammo & extra mags, tent & camp chairs, portable tank of gas for vehicle,
portable water purifier, more guns, ammo, water & first aid for those that don't have.

!! Rules and Tactics !!
Watch your step,( snakes and scorpions. )
And if you want to hit anything…
Zero your weapon for 50 or 100 yards if you haven't already.
Know your holdovers at range-
( Do your Zero off and before you hit the battle zone,
plenty of space out there for that. )
Some CQB action but lot's of open range poo poo out there !
( !! Leave Your poo poo In The Car !!) – till we know the game plan !
Make contact with the locales & plan with them !
( Remember it's their town their rules ! )
Do recon and get a feel for the land.
Communicate & Spread out in 2, 3 or 4 man teems.
Any offensive strike MUST be reserved for Day time !!
(we can not hope to compete against their FLIR Systems, Thermal Imaging & Night Vision Capabilities at night)
Go time :)
(!! Check Your Fire !! NO FRIENDLY FIRE !!),
Hit from behind when ever possible.
! Aim ! and DON'T spray and pray !
Stay focused & calm !
Cover fire, move and give first aid to a brother in need !!

Another Waco Texas but in Nevada
Article Here::

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/sep/23/lone-rancher-prepared-fight-feds-land/

Cliven Bundy believes big government is trying to sabotage his plans to one day hand over the ranch's reins to his son by stripping Bundy of land-use rights his family spent a century earning.
AGENDA 2! BEING ENFORCED IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE

https://plus.google.com/107378343340906904348/posts/J2Qvdy5DuBR

Son of rancher in public land dispute arrested by BLM

http://www.mynews3.com/mostpopular/story/Son-of-rancher-in-public-land-dispute-arrested-by/saisWvjFk0uuzq70psP4Zw.cspx

Cliven Bundy Under Siege, Call To Arms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N_-_qsFQdA

Source Article::

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/armed-feds-prepare-showdown-nevada-cattle-rancher/#bjHRlSYZLG4lqY5x.99

Mirror Show Support::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8_O-o5OPsA

Time:
01:59
More in
Education

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!
Holy poo poo, that smilie seem crazy out of place in that helpful guide to murdering federal agents. Some psychiatrist should do a study on the link between inconsistent capitalization and mental illness, because there seems like some kind of link has to exist.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Okay, they've gotten to the point where they're literally advocating armed rebellion against the United States. Are the feds ever going to step in or does the right wing get a pass until people are dead?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Survivalists have always been around, and the biggest terrorist threat in the U.S. and Europe have always been white people on the far right.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Grapplejack posted:

Okay, they've gotten to the point where they're literally advocating armed rebellion against the United States. Are the feds ever going to step in or does the right wing get a pass until people are dead?
It's not illegal to advocate armed rebellion, only if your advocacy is going to likely and imminently lead to it. That might be true in this case. But then again you're only talking about a single blogger.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

The guy's literally saying to shoot cops in the back, which is a slightly different thing maybe.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Grapplejack posted:

does the right wing get a pass until people are dead?

Yes, and after.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
My favorite part is that he got so caught up in being a Caps Lock Commando he failed to realize he typed out Agenda 2!.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

The Militias have always been all about that poo poo, the only new element here is that enough of them piled into their minivans and showed up that the Fed didn't want to deal with the body clean up and press releases. If they really wanted to play ball two things would have happened, Federal agents would have moved back to a reasonable range, revolutionary campers would have heard an odd noise and spotted a few strange looking little white airplanes in the distance, then no more survivalists. Its just cheaper and easier to pull back, take photos and make visits later. They would be depressed if they actually understood that logistically they aren't even worth a standoff but they're too busy fellating themselves to realize what happened.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Omi-Polari posted:

It's not illegal to advocate armed rebellion, only if your advocacy is going to likely and imminently lead to it. That might be true in this case. But then again you're only talking about a single blogger.

Yeah that sort of detailed planning looks pretty imminent to me. I mean, it's got a specific date and a specific place, detailed plans for organizing on that date in that place, etc.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

FMguru posted:

Ann managed to run up a wonderful collection of quotes in 2012 before she was pulled from the trail, mostly of her being upset and not able to believe she has to explain to you morons why her husband was the obvious choice to be president. She was so loving mad that there were people out there who dared to prevent Mitt and her from assuming their destined palce in the White House. Every line out of her mouth made her sound exactly like a rich housewife berating The Help for putting out the wrong tablecloths for the summer cotillion. It was awesome.

I bet she cried into her pillow for two weeks straight after election night.
She's resumed doing this, it's come up a lot in the GOP thread the last 6 months or so. I mean isn't that why they made that terrible Mitt documentary?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Look guys, nobody could have seen it coming. Besides, it was just a lone crazy.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Yeah that sort of detailed planning looks pretty imminent to me. I mean, it's got a specific date and a specific place, detailed plans for organizing on that date in that place, etc.
I didn't see a specific date. And is it likely? In order to punish the blogger, the government has to effectively prove that the blog post would likely lead to imminent violence against the state. Hard to prove that since it's just a blogger who no one reads. He's not actually at the thing, either. It's hard to distinguish from mere advocacy.

moths posted:

The guy's literally saying to shoot cops in the back, which is a slightly different thing maybe.
I think that's still protected, though. "Cops" is too vague, referring to an arm of the state and not specific individuals like "we're going to kill officer [name]." This is what allows hip-hop artists to say more or less the same thing.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Apr 15, 2014

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

FuzzySkinner posted:

The thing is with the KKK being Democrat...that wouldn't make much sense to me at this point. I mean, it'd be voting against their own self interests.

I mean has he even seen their propaganda? Every time it's about the evils of welfare, and about how the "COMMIES" are taking over the US backed by the "JEWS".

It's bizarre because most of it reads Tea Party-like, except it happens to go one step further. Where as the Tea Party stuff seems to stop before it implies that

It's called a political realignment. It happens. The democrat party of 1865-1965 was basically built in opposition to the Republican party who were virtually unopposed because of the civil war. The party of Lincoln was opposed by southerners who were pissed that they lost the war. The realignment started during the guilded age with the growth of labor movements. Democrats saw an opportunity to expand into the north by adopting the labor movement. Over the course of the next sixty years the democrats who adamantly fought against reconstruction, and would join the KKK were replaced by people who cared more about things like social security. You can see this in LBJ himself who opposes civil rights legislation for about twenty years, and then the political alignments flip, and he signs the civil rights act. Dixiecrats decide they're out and we get the parties you see today.
We're actually getting close to another big realignment with the Republicans courting the tea party types. It's going to tear their party in half, and either will result in the next Deomcrat-Republican party, or the implementation of a PR system.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

FuzzySkinner posted:

Words change meanings and associations. This is a foreign concept to Republicans who believe North Korea is the most democratic country because it's right there in the name.

bigtom
May 7, 2007

Playing the solid gold hits and moving my liquid lips...
You can't even escape Right Wing Media on the holidays it seems. At Passover seder, the Rabbi had passed out an additional handout along with the haggada - titled "The 10 Plagues Of Modern Life." Part of the seder was a discussion, when the topic of immigration and assimilation came up...and the elderly woman across from me drops the phrase "BORDERS...LANGUAGE...CULTURE" when talking about how signs in anything but English are just awful

After dessert, I asked her what she listened to...and of course, she just loves talk radio and Michael Savage.

At least the brisket was good.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

FlamingLiberal posted:

She's resumed doing this, it's come up a lot in the GOP thread the last 6 months or so. I mean isn't that why they made that terrible Mitt documentary?
The Mitt documentary was some guy's project, he thought he was filming the rise of the next President of the United States, but that didn't work out so he repackaged it as a bio portrait.

And Ann has been saying lovely, classless things about Obama like clockwork since the second inaugural.

quote:

Ann Romney: 'The Country Lost' By Re-Electing Obama
Tom Kludt – January 31, 2014, 10:28 AM EST7948

Ann Romney has a message for the country that rejected her husband: Your loss, America!

The Romney family postmortem/movie promotion continued Friday with Ann reflecting on Mitt's defeat in the 2012 presidential election.

"I really believe this, you know, we lost, but truly the country lost by not having Mitt as president," Ann said during an interview on Fox News.

She opted to be "polite and nice" and not comment on President Obama's second term, but said she comes across people all the time who are "still really sad" about the outcome of the 2012 race.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Omi-Polari posted:

I didn't see a specific date. And is it likely? In order to punish the blogger, the government has to effectively prove that the blog post would likely lead to imminent violence against the state.

He gives a specific place and says it's NOW. And then gives some murder tips like forming teams, zeroing sights, leaving ID in your car, and fighting in the daytime. If this guy had even a slightly Islamic sounding name he'd be getting interviewed so hard right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

I think it's especially important with Beck to remember that his long con is to become the dumpy, goatee'd, middle-aged white-man's Oprah.

Unlike other hucksters like Alex Jones, Beck is smart enough to understand that siding with radicals - while lucrative - is small change.