Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

In good news, hbomb is now past $173k and still has a ways to go. He did look like death warmed over when I just logged on, but that might just be that he's English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

There's a certain amount of irony in that the goon's Robot Monster cosplay is better and had more effort put into it than the original costume did.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:yeah:

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

what fraction of americans are fully qualified in orienteering

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

we call that "asian studies" these days

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

kcroy posted:

Just curious - why do you see them that way? They just seem like highschool seniors or something at a religious pro-life get together or something? They are probably staring at a teacher, or classmate, so it isn't like they are sneering at some pregnant teen or whatever. I thought the whole "change my mind" thing was about having open discussion about the issue. I mean - I was definitely a smug little poo poo as a teenager, and maybe they are too - but they kind of look like some of the religious "good kids" at my highschool. Maybe self assured, but not like annoying smug fucks like lots of the athletes or chads. In terms of bettering themselves - what more can you ask for? they appear to have strong moral beliefs, are trying to improve the world, and seem to be open to discussion about it. Would you rather they were out smoking weed, or in a gang, or playing fortnite and jerking to furries? Believing in the sanctity of life isn't the bottom of the moral barrel.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

*roughly shoves kcroy up against the wall with the rest of the prolifers*

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Any actual funny forums posts or are we just gonna dunk on prolife losers who post noninteresting opinions? Maybe some weeb anime nerd poo poo?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

SilkyP posted:

Any actual funny forums posts or are we just gonna dunk on prolife losers who post noninteresting opinions? Maybe some weeb anime nerd poo poo?

Yes.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

SilkyP posted:

Kcroy went on a weird tangent about his penis and trans people in the same thread. I think he is unwell.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Was it here that I read the quote about a dude thinking up a stoner movie involving two dudes trying to smoke the Pope's Secret Weed? I think it was called "The Most High".

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Sure was:

quote:

Alright, jerkfaces, time for a real man to enter this movie pitching game.

The film starts by establishing that the Pope is dying and it's only a matter of time before he passes on to the great pulpit in the sky. So our two heroes, who have heard of the fabled Stash of Saladin in the Vatican archives, trek to the Vatican knowing that everyone will be distracted preparing for the upcoming papal selection, and they plan to try to steal the weed. Hilarity ensues as they stumble through set piece after set piece, including the aforementioned communion-wafer munchies, a scene in which they hide a joint in what turns out to be a ceremonial censer and get an entire congregation a contact high, and I dunno, a scene where they need to fill a bong with holy water or something.

The climax comes when they're caught and pursued through the city by the Swiss Guard, and through a series of mishaps end up in the Room of Tears and disguise themselves in robes that they find there. They finally end up smoking their poo poo but get caught halfway through and run away, but since it's very special ancient weed the smoke ends up billowing white, so the group assembled in St. Peter's Square think a new Pope has been elected, and somehow the two end up on the balcony and everyone mistakes them for the Cardinal Protodeacon and the new Pope, so one of them has to give a speech (in a nod to The Great Dictator) and he ends up making a plea that everyone chill and be more real to each other and poo poo. And the speech goes over really well and everyone cheers and then we do a voice over by one of the guys saying that while he didn't actually become Pope everyone loved his speech so much that they were both given pardons by the real new Pope and they got the girls (earlier we will have established that they stirred some decidedly unchaste feelings in two young ladies who hadn't yet taken their final vows). Then after the credits we have a scene in which the new Pope goes down into the archive himself, locks the door behind him and takes a big hit off of Saladin's Stash and says "Ahhh...stercus bonus!" THE END

We call the film "The Most High," give it a tagline like "The dope is infallible" and release the fucker at Easter 2012. You're all welcome.
Posted by PateraOctopus according to the old quotes thread where I found it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Dareon posted:

Was it here that I read the quote about a dude thinking up a stoner movie involving two dudes trying to smoke the Pope's Secret Weed? I think it was called "The Most High".

Well, we say "think up", but half of it was rather obviously inspired by Euro Trip.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Jedit posted:

Well, we say "think up", but half of it was rather obviously inspired by Euro Trip.

Here's a fun fact- YOU MADE OUT WITH YOUR SISTER, DUDE!

As bad as that movie is, it is pretty funny at points.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

My Lovely Horse posted:

Sure was:

God, I hate that I would definitely watch this.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It is not what goes into a man's mouth that defiles him, but what comes out of it.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

burexas.irom posted:

Landerig eating some serious dick on there

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

Sure was:

This gets me every time. It wouldn't be Quality Cinema but I would still watch the gently caress out of it like I was 16, lol

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Here's a fun fact- YOU MADE OUT WITH YOUR SISTER, DUDE!

As bad as that movie is, it is pretty funny at points.

The other highlights being "I got mugged. It was awesome!", the non-hash brownies and the unpronounceable safe word. If the whole movie was as good as the Amsterdam section it'd be one of the great teen comedies.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

barbecue at the folks posted:

This gets me every time. It wouldn't be Quality Cinema but I would still watch the gently caress out of it like I was 16, lol

It reads as Harold and Kunar go to the Vatican and I for sure would have watched it.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Jedit posted:

The other highlights being "I got mugged. It was awesome!", the non-hash brownies and the unpronounceable safe word. If the whole movie was as good as the Amsterdam section it'd be one of the great teen comedies.

Also, Scotty Doesn't Know is a legit bop.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jedit posted:

The Robot Fight's pretty good too, and while the movie's hit-and-miss I still enjoy watching it.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I will probably go to my grave being able to sing that drat song.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

God, whatever happened to Michelle Trachtenberg? She was in Buffy, then EuroTrip, then ... ?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

My Lovely Horse posted:

Sure was:

I genuinely don't understand how this hasn't been made into a movie yet, surely someone in Hollywood is on these forums looking to steal good content?

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Best Matt Damon cameo until Thor: Ragnarok came out

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Matt Damon is an excellent comedic actor who was dragged down for years by the Ben Afflbatross around his neck.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

tangy yet delightful posted:

I genuinely don't understand how this hasn't been made into a movie yet, surely someone in Hollywood is on these forums looking to steal good content?

Are stoner comedies even a thing any more?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Wait he was in Thor? Or do you mean deadpool2?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Spanish Manlove posted:

At the beginning of Thor: Rag when Thor comes back to Asgard and catches a bit of Loki’s play, “Loki” in the play is Matt Damon and “Odin” in the play is Luke Hemsworth.

E: and “Odin” in the play is Sam Neill because it’s a Taika Waititi film

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Spanish Manlove posted:

He’s Loki in the scene where Thor goes to Asgard and finds a theatrical re-enactment of Loki’s “death”. Hemsworth the Older is also in the scene playing Thor in the play

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Y-you!?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

Matt Damon is an excellent comedic actor who was dragged down for years by the Ben Afflbatross around his neck.

This is sort of true.

and then that jeez idk parody scene of Ben and Matt writing Good Will Hunting

At least then we get Fatman, though

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Pirate Radar posted:

At the beginning of Thor: Rag when Thor comes back to Asgard and catches a bit of Loki’s play, “Loki” in the play is Matt Damon and “Odin” in the play is Luke Hemsworth.

E: and “Odin” in the play is Sam Neill because it’s a Taika Waititi film

Now I gotta rewatch that, totally wasn't paying attention during that

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I wrote “Odin” instead of “Thor” for the first one for some reason but you get the idea.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Spanish Manlove posted:

Now I gotta rewatch that, totally wasn't paying attention during that

Lol if you watch those movies for anything but the main characters being mean to each other and hitting things.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

:holymoley:

Content:

Cowcaster posted:

if you have something specifically targeted when you launch a limpet, it will fly out and pick up that one specific thing, then commit suicide instead of hanging around to pick up more stuff. no, i don't know why frontier intentionally included this as a behavior.

even discounting that though, if materials end up right up against a chunk of rock they'll smash into it trying to pick up the material, commiting suicide. or if their pathfinding breaks trying to get around something or back to your ship, they'll float around for 10 seconds or so and then commit suicide. or if you're flying a big ship and you rotate/move while they're in flight, sometimes they'll miss your cargo bay and bump into your hull, causing them to commit suicide.

basically what i'm trying to say is collector limpets are a form of horse.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Cable Guy posted:

Hail suntan

Platystemon posted:

Someone should make hats with some kind of an extension on the front to shield the face.

Jerry Cotton posted:

I think you can get one like that from the KKK store.

Platystemon posted:

Oh wow you’re right:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

snoremac posted:

when I was a kid I went to a Christian kids night and got selected from the crowd to vs. 3 other competitors in Diddy Kong Racing. Little did they know I had mastered every track at home and I smoked all the other Christians and y’know what, it was poo poo, it was done in a back room away from the crowd, there was no reward or fanfare, and I started that night to question the tenets.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Sagebrush posted:

*a single wal-mart floor lamp in the corner turns red, while the rest of the illumination stays white*
*a cheerful alexa voice says "Resistance is futile. Time to die!"*
*there is a noticeable pause*
*the slow opening bass strings of the Imperial March start playing, taking a good thirty seconds to build*

while this is happening, a man who looks like the paper plate cheese and wine goon is staring expectantly at you on the verge of a guffaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

God drat this paints a picture :lol: