Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Hypnic jerk is just dickpulling on Ambien

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Hooplah posted:

Bald fat short gay guy detected

that’s right

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

freeedr posted:

Hypnic jerk is just dickpulling on Ambien

Dracula Flow lyrics right here

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Mad went downhill when they started having color.

I'd date Mad's fall a little earlier, at the death of William Gaines.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I'm old, bald, ugly, stupid, and my dick is small I give the world permission to make fun of me

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

I'm old, bald, ugly, stupid, and my dick is small I give the world permission to make fun of me

When you jack off it looks like Andre the giant shaking a match stick in his palm.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I also choose this old bald ugly stupid guy's small dick

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

he has no style
he has no grace
this goon is of the human race

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

god beat me to it

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

If you want to really insult someone just say they look like a discord mod

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I think you're pretty cool... :)

...FOR ME TO POOP ON! :smugdog:

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
:(

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Should have found this one sooner :(

Milo and POTUS posted:

All the play around here is the terrible rebel yell. Dancing with myself owns tho

The ALL cover slaps IMO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XhzsbUnvRE

wizard2 posted:

he has no style
he has no grace
this goon is of the human race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PugcxQYJGjs

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I have a vague memory of being dragged to a Precious Moments chapel as a child that I'm not entirely sure are real or confabulated

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Well I was having a nice day :mad:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

:kimchi:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Facebook Aunt posted:

Hypnic jerk.

There’s no need for insults, it was just a question.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Hell loving yes

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

O rly?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
it really needs the "how to remove a virus" one as well

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

Might reinstall and try if this time I can complete the missions with the RC helicopter

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Shrek just likes to watch.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Big fan of the pod Mr halkias

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

staberind posted:

it really needs the "how to remove a virus" one as well

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

It sort of feels like the various decades before 2000 had their own distinct kind of flavours to them, but everything after 2000 feels pretty much the same. Or is it just me?

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Hyperlynx posted:

It sort of feels like the various decades before 2000 had their own distinct kind of flavours to them, but everything after 2000 feels pretty much the same. Or is it just me?

I think it’s a combination of starkly different culture and you being old as gently caress.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Those things always just take some time to crystallize, and I think we're getting there. You know, flip phones, mp3 players, baggy clothing, nu metal, party/club hip hop, pop-punk, etc.

I've been playing the remakes of the first two Yakuza games, set in 2005 and 2006 respectively, and the setting is not too alien in 2024, but there are definitely things that stand out as being very 2000s.

e: the problem is that some of these things are cyclical so many of today's teenagers look like they're straight from 2003

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Hyperlynx posted:

With 9/11 being such a culture shock moment I'm not surprised there was a bit of a shift towards nostalgia (back when things were nice & not horrible). Also our age group is being severely pandered to as we're the prime buying demographic.

Anyway, have some memes:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I do remember in the early 2000s when bellbottoms came back briefly and That 70s Show was airing and it seemed like the aesthetic of the 00's was going to be "ironic nostalgia for the 70s"

But yeah if you say "the 60s" or "the 70s" or "the 50s" they all evoke very vivid, very specific images and tropes. But any post-2000 decade doesn't work like that. I have no idea what "2010s fashions" look like or how they differ from 2020s fashion or 2000s fashion, or same deal with music.

This is probably equal parts "culture has turned inward on itself and is obsessed with marketing 80s/90s nostalgia to 80s/90s kids for as long as they keep buying, leading to a weird feedback loop of endless pop culture reboots and retro car designs that keep iterating forward from the throwback version like the New Beetle and Retro Mustang that then spawn subsequent evolutions somehow like some kind of nu-Trek alternate timeline", and "I'm old and whatever they're doing, I don't get it"

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
2000s fashion was baggy jeans, wallet chains, dark clothes, and eye liner, OR blue eye shadow, pastel colors, and frosted tips.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

2010s is way too recent. People in 2004 didn't know what 'the nineties' looked like, because there wasn't enough distance.

The 2000s are starting to take shape. Quite frankly, it was kind of a lovely decade, but I'm still nostalgic for certain things.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

It's always the meme thread

Who's Sam butcher?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Not much, who's Sam Butcher with you?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
You just don't b have enough distance from it the way you do the pre-2000s. If you really want a shakeup, check out Billboards YouTube videos were they do the top 100 songs from the different years. A few from 2002- 2007 will show a lot of styles you probably haven't thought of in years.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Data Graham posted:

I do remember in the early 2000s when bellbottoms came back briefly and That 70s Show was airing and it seemed like the aesthetic of the 00's was going to be "ironic nostalgia for the 70s"

But yeah if you say "the 60s" or "the 70s" or "the 50s" they all evoke very vivid, very specific images and tropes. But any post-2000 decade doesn't work like that. I have no idea what "2010s fashions" look like or how they differ from 2020s fashion or 2000s fashion, or same deal with music.

This is probably equal parts "culture has turned inward on itself and is obsessed with marketing 80s/90s nostalgia to 80s/90s kids for as long as they keep buying, leading to a weird feedback loop of endless pop culture reboots and retro car designs that keep iterating forward from the throwback version like the New Beetle and Retro Mustang that then spawn subsequent evolutions somehow like some kind of nu-Trek alternate timeline", and "I'm old and whatever they're doing, I don't get it"

Rewatch Scott Pilgrim. 2000s had a very distinctive aesthetic.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Phlegmish posted:

Those things always just take some time to crystallize, and I think we're getting there. You know, flip phones, mp3 players, baggy clothing, nu metal, party/club hip hop, pop-punk, etc.

I've been playing the remakes of the first two Yakuza games, set in 2005 and 2006 respectively, and the setting is not too alien in 2024, but there are definitely things that stand out as being very 2000s.

e: the problem is that some of these things are cyclical so many of today's teenagers look like they're straight from 2003

KIRYU-CHAAAAAN

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
There is an absolutely a 2000s and 2010s aesthetic, both distinctive than the decades prior. There is a revival of those specific looks taking shape now.

Previous generations were nostalgia overloaded as well, Nick at Nite being a thing, the “what if we made a movie about this show from the 60s”, ironic cartoon intro covers by indie bands, VH1s I love the ____ series.

Like iirc Grease is kind of one of those for the 50s in the loving 70s of all things, and I’d almost say Animal House and American Graffiti as well. Maybe the That’s Entertainment! series as well.

We’ve always been in the vortex of nostalgia while creating new things that shape a decade. We’ve always been pandered to, but, we’ve always still been unique as well.

You’re just seeing it from new perspective: old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Don't forget Happy Days.