Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
wow they really stop being subtle about how much they haaaaate broly in the backhalf of this

not that they're wrong, just it's really telling when they're all talking about the other movie villains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

it's 100% post-cell, the only thing that makes it weird timeline-wise is that Trunks is still around I think? but that's not too inexplicable, just assume he didn't leave immediately or whatever and that's that

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Kelp Plankton posted:

it's 100% post-cell, the only thing that makes it weird timeline-wise is that Trunks is still around I think? but that's not too inexplicable, just assume he didn't leave immediately or whatever and that's that

I think they mention in movie he came back in time after beating his timeline's androids (could be dub only though)

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Shindragon posted:

Wait.. Is it what I think it is? Bojack?

Do they have someone who can do Wil Arnett?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I think they mention in movie he came back in time after beating his timeline's androids (could be dub only though)

He was about to go back in time after he killed Future 17 & 18 to tell Goku and pals before Future Cell tried to kill him. So I think him being in Bojack happened during his brief return visit. Dunno if this created another time ring in the Zamasu story through..

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Gowasu, probably.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Broly abridged was alright. You can definitely tell their enthusiasm was wearing pretty thin by the end, but Piccolo was really good, Vegeta being broken by Broly's overwhelming lameness was really good, "Technically I'm the one who killed Freeza" "That's hot" was funny.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I thought Broly was pretty alright. Better than this lovely character/movie deserves,frankly. My favorite TFS movie is still either Slug (mostly for that scene where Piccolo trolls that fat alien guy) or Super 13.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The Piccolo/Vegeta scene is the best part of the real Broly movie, and also great here.

"Alright, bye Vegeta."
"byyyyeeeeeee"

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
I was a fan of "Oh, being ignored."

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

This is truly the greatest moment in the history of Dragon Ball, hopefully Remix does some more Fist of the North Star dubs.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dexo posted:

"He's so cool, but he's soooo laaaame"

broly.txt. tbf i'd actually like him if he wasn't so overexposed, he's a fun one-off villain

the entire latter part was gold, fanboy vegeta, everything to do with piccolo, goku actually giving a poo poo about his son, kind of, in his own way(aka "thinkin' about fightin'")

oh also dragonball fusions music near the end :toot:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

whens yamcha reborn

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Vegeta trying to reconcile the legendary warrior of his great race being a giant manbaby was great.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

whens yamcha reborn

that's only in xenoverse 2

super villain yamcha was too good for us

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Yinlock posted:

broly.txt. tbf i'd actually like him if he wasn't so overexposed, he's a fun one-off villain

the entire latter part was gold, fanboy vegeta, everything to do with piccolo, goku actually giving a poo poo about his son, kind of, in his own way(aka "thinkin' about fightin'")

"Hey, Gohan, you'll get to meet King Kai! :D"

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yinlock posted:

Man I hope they use more music from Fusions when they can. It's soundtrack is some good stuff, got a real good dragonball vibe and there's some really good big battley stuff.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
The first half was definitely the more funny part, but I still liked the second half. This was a really good movie parody.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The second half really suffered more due to the source material than TFS's writing and jokes. They did a good job with what's basically one big dumb fight scene.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, the second half of Broly has exactly two ideas - "Jesus gently caress he's strong" and "Vegeta is a baby." Not exactly fertile ground.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, the funniest joke in the second half was Vegeta's horrified realization that the cool dude was a literal manbaby.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm glad that they made vegeta just flabbergasted by Broly's motivation, because holy gently caress is it stupid.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Yinlock posted:

Broly would be better if he was a crazy nuclear mutant instead of the super special LEGENDARY Super Saiyan. His hair and attacks are already radioactive green, just make him go full Hulk.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
How can you be the legendary Super Saiyan if you were born just in time for your race to be annihilated anyway? There's nobody to tell your drat legend.

love my preemies!
Sep 26, 2004

"...and you're all worthless!"

*shot of bulma and baby trunks*

"but dad! what about cell!?"

"gently caress 'em!"

This was good

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Yinlock posted:

that's only in xenoverse 2

super villain yamcha was too good for us

no its not!!!!!!!!!! its a manga!!

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
The bit at the end got me, this was a good episode. Too bad I can only watch it for the first time onceand a half.

"but what about the otherworld tournament coming up?"

"well, now you have a lot more options"

"that's hosed up, man"

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
TFS Broly movie was fun.

This comic is :kimchi:

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
The slapping noises and otherwise complete silence during Piccolo and Goku's bull rush on Broly was an excellent little bit.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Make sure to give Broly Abridged a watch with subtitles on!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Desumaytah posted:

The slapping noises and otherwise complete silence during Piccolo and Goku's bull rush on Broly was an excellent little bit.

According to Kaiser he literally just smacked is wrists together in-front of a mic to do that.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The Piccolo super dad scene was great and really has me looking forward his parts in the Cell Games.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
Oh my god I had subtitles on and it actually says "Gohan's dad" for Piccolos lines when he arrives :3:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Rhonne posted:

The Piccolo super dad scene was great and really has me looking forward his parts in the Cell Games.

I'm apprehensive about the cell games because I can't see them doing the goku sending gohan out scene in a way that isn't completely predictable

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Namtab posted:

I'm apprehensive about the cell games because I can't see them doing the goku sending gohan out scene in a way that isn't completely predictable

Predictable is not the same as bad, especially when you're working with content like DBZA where they are heavily limited in exactly how they can do things.

Yes, Goku is going to send Gohan out to fight and it will be played for humor at him being a bad dad and not getting what Gohan will do. In the series Goku sends Gohan out and it is played for drama because people don't understand why he's doing it (and he does misjudge, understanding Gohan's power but not his personality.) They can't make that not predictable because it's the logical outcome of the jokes built up thus far tied to an event that has to happen.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 13, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Though considering how they play dramatic scenes Piccolos speech and Gokus reaction will probably be played straight.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Goku was right though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

pik_d posted:

Goku was right though.

Goku was right that his son contained incredible power. He was 100% wrong about how to draw it out.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Goku was right that his son contained incredible power. He was 100% wrong about how to draw it out.

But he made Gohan draw out 100% of his power during the beam struggle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
He couldn't have predicted that his son would be such a huge pussy

since by that age Goku was already slaughtering villains left and right

• Locked thread