Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Kild posted:

he called drunken officeparty a human being, not the brony.

i feel like youre missing the point a little bit mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

me, looking at the last couple of posts

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smythe posted:

Gentlemen. Please.

Well reopen our thread that some BYOB reject took offense to despite being fine for a year

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Why are you destroying this thread too you loving idiots?

Can we talk about the Elimination mode match going on or something.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

mikeraskol posted:

Why are you destroying this thread too you loving idiots?

Can we talk about the Elimination mode match going on or something.

It looks like they already are

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Black Baby Goku posted:

Sorry, I didn't do anything wrong.

how is the win streak going btw?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Complexity is awful goddamn. There will be moments of brilliance sometimes from Moo and Zfreek but you can't carry the 3 other useless members of the team.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Complexity is awful goddamn. There will be moments of brilliance sometimes from Moo and Zfreek but you can't carry the 3 other useless members of the team.

Justin is really underwhelming.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

"Moonmeander messaged me as soon as the match was over to say "Hero is still trash.""

lol

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
anne just sitting there like "uh"

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Team Liquid is imploding. They just dropped out of the Canada cup. Ad finem is replacing them.

http://www.northernarena.ca/news/2016/11/team-liquid-undergoing-changes-team-ad-finem-steps

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Team Liquid is imploding. They just dropped out of the Canada cup. Ad finem is replacing them.

http://www.northernarena.ca/news/2016/11/team-liquid-undergoing-changes-team-ad-finem-steps

Liquid had GH playing for them in Bulba's spot yesterday in the Elimination Mode tournament, so I assume Bulba is gone at least. Wonder if there's more coming.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
More Ad Finem is cool imo.

Bulbs is an easy scapegoat but he's honestly been the best player on their current lineup.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

thats funny because liquid is playing ad finem right now

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Man I'm excited to go to my first Dota 2 LAN ever

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Xtanstic posted:

Man I'm excited to go to my first Dota 2 LAN ever

I hope the only food at the venue is just a mountain of wilensky's sandwiches, available for all to enjoy

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

IcePhoenix posted:

Liquid had GH playing for them in Bulba's spot yesterday in the Elimination Mode tournament, so I assume Bulba is gone at least. Wonder if there's more coming.

Should I know GH? I thought I kept up with pro Dota pretty hard but I've never seen that name in 3+ years.

more like dICK posted:

More Ad Finem is cool imo.

Bulbs is an easy scapegoat but he's honestly been the best player on their current lineup.

Mods?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Should I know GH? I thought I kept up with pro Dota pretty hard but I've never seen that name in 3+ years.

I think they said on the broadcast that he's a pubstar with little to no pro experience right now.

e: apparently he's been playing pro dotes since 2014

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Every TL game I've seen Kuroky has been abysmal, like way worse than Bulba. Like usually weird out of place aggression or feeding like he is bored or something

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Majuju posted:

I hope the only food at the venue is just a mountain of wilensky's sandwiches, available for all to enjoy

Well, the group stages are a hotel so I can pop in and out. The final day are tickets to the Bell Center and when I bought them they clearly said NO BAGS NO REENTRY so if I want to watch CSGO and Dota I'm gonna have to put up with crappy expensive hockey arena food, as tasty as the hotdogs can be. :|

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Xtanstic posted:

Well, the group stages are a hotel so I can pop in and out. The final day are tickets to the Bell Center and when I bought them they clearly said NO BAGS NO REENTRY so if I want to watch CSGO and Dota I'm gonna have to put up with crappy expensive hockey arena food, as tasty as the hotdogs can be. :|

just wrap your body in schwartz's pastrami

smuggle in that smoked meat

slip the venue security a half reuben to let you through unaccosted

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
team liquid somehow beating secret to the implosion

lol

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Navi won the implosion race

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Xtanstic posted:

Navi won the implosion race

Navi doesn't count since they are always imploding

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
is Moo playing carry for col now or was that an offlane TB in dotapit

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
universe god tactically feeding NP to make space for his team to get two towers and a set of racks, what a player

e: his tactical feed actually won the game

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
just wanna take a second to say that for the king: beacon fire is the most fun custom mode that nobody knows how to play (myself included)

its basically an rts where fights happen in waves, and if your army breaks through the enemy (each team has 3 players, each player goes up against an opposing player) fortifications then that army teleports to the mid, and pushes towards the enemy god

but also theres permanent god upgrades, temp mercenaries, a ton of units and upgraded units, generals you can buy to improve your gods' army, shop equipment that buffs your entire teams' armies, all sorts of crazy poo poo

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

I missed nadota today, what tournament was goin on

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Neurolimal posted:

just wanna take a second to say that for the king: beacon fire is the most fun custom mode that nobody knows how to play (myself included)

its basically an rts where fights happen in waves, and if your army breaks through the enemy (each team has 3 players, each player goes up against an opposing player) fortifications then that army teleports to the mid, and pushes towards the enemy god

but also theres permanent god upgrades, temp mercenaries, a ton of units and upgraded units, generals you can buy to improve your gods' army, shop equipment that buffs your entire teams' armies, all sorts of crazy poo poo

it used to crash a lot but seems stable now

legion td is also good, but the only development seems to be making an incredibly bad random builder and making a set of waves incredibly OP to the extent that in a dozen games i've not seen a match go beyond bloodseeker, earth spirit or kunkka waves

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ambivalent posted:

I missed nadota today, what tournament was goin on

dotapit

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

thanks friend

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I just played a game where we were amazingly ahead, had their last set of rax at half health, exposed throne, their hard carry rage abandoned, and we lost because my team keep just throwing themselves uphill over and over. So I think maybe I am on Team Liquid now.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I just played a game where we were amazingly ahead, had their last set of rax at half health, exposed throne, their hard carry rage abandoned, and we lost because my team keep just throwing themselves uphill over and over. So I think maybe I am on Team Liquid now.

this is why you play meepo, so you can bring your own slightly less retarded allies

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

EG is running Pudge - Clock - SF - CM - Veno in their Elimination match. Love this tournament.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Ah a classic "run at each other until either side collapses" game of DOTA 2

Envy is roughly 3/4 of his teams deaths :lol:

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
EG's incredible skill discrepancy over NP is being completely equalized by Centaur's impressive tankiness.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Underlord bails out his entire team with his rift, envy still dies.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

"the double edge just tears right through her supple flesh"

:chloe:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

7k damage cm ult :mcnabb:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I like this game.

• Locked thread