Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

HerraS posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV74KkHINqE

Watch Vikings and The Last Kingdom instead of thinking about the lovely tits and dragons show

Indeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I gave up on Vikings when Rollo got to Paris and wish I did sooner. By most accounts it only got worse?

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Vikings started strong but got real sucky after like 2 seasons.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

That clip posted got pretty sucky as it went on too

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Sorry that clip sucks rear end like just stab the cripple

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I gave up on Vikings when Rollo got to Paris and wish I did sooner. By most accounts it only got worse?

A lot worse

Vikings had so much potential to not be poop

But poop it did become

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Glenn Quebec posted:

Sorry that clip sucks rear end like just stab the cripple

if GoT taught me anything, hes gonna be elected king

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Collapsing Farts posted:

A lot worse

Vikings had so much potential to not be poop

But poop it did become

history channel set out to make their own game of thrones and they nailed the quality arc and everything :bravo:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Watch the Last Kingdom, it rules

She didn't give a poo poo about GoT, but she asks me to stay up late to watch Uthred [sp?] stab more dudes

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Last Kingdom is pretty good imo. Although I have a feeling that the season which just concluded (season 3) will be the last good one because basically all major plot threads have been wrapped up. They left it open to make more seasons but if they do I think it will be forced and not good.

imo call it a wrap now and let it be remembered as a good show. However I know they will not do this because running poo poo into the ground is the way of television now.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Yolomon Wayne posted:

if GoT taught me anything, hes gonna be elected king

Lmao

I'd like to iterate that if you like the viking show and find that sequence of Ivar to be cool. That's all well and good but I wouldn't try to sell your show on that.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
if you cum at the king, you best have his explicit consent

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
My Swedish friend loving hates that Viking show. Glad to see he wasn't just being salty because their hair wasn't done right and they didn't wear their belts threaded to the left and whatever else was up his rear end about it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Chomp8645 posted:

Last Kingdom is pretty good imo. Although I have a feeling that the season which just concluded (season 3) will be the last good one because basically all major plot threads have been wrapped up. They left it open to make more seasons but if they do I think it will be forced and not good.

imo call it a wrap now and let it be remembered as a good show. However I know they will not do this because running poo poo into the ground is the way of television now.

Cornwell is still writing more books in the Saxon Stories series. Uhtred is in his late fifties now and he's got adult sons who now help him fight both Danes and Saxons that try to take Northumbria from him.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Waiting for a gritty reboot of the Sharpe Series

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

im extremely down for more sharpe / hornblower

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

ElGroucho posted:

Watch the Last Kingdom, it rules

She didn't give a poo poo about GoT, but she asks me to stay up late to watch Uthred [sp?] stab more dudes

It's because Uhtred is absurdly hot and she want to lick those beautiful abs of his, just like everyone else

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Actually the first season of The Last Kingdom is only so-so but I do think it picks up after that

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

FuhrerHat posted:

im extremely down for more sharpe / hornblower
theres a time and a place to sign your posts

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Collapsing Farts posted:

It's because Uhtred is absurdly hot and she want to lick those beautiful abs of his, just like everyone else

My wife and I have much in common

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ElGroucho posted:

Waiting for a gritty reboot of the Sharpe Series

Who needs a reboot. Just have Sean Bean play eighty year old Sharpe fighting endless colonial wars and then singlehandedly defeating the Russians in Crimea.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
If you want to check out Vikings I think you can stop at the fourth or fifth season. By then they are out of Ragnar legends to mine and things start to stagnate.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Yeah I'd stop after season 4. Its basically another show after that. The fight choreography is gone and the battles are senseless. Ivar is a huge Mary Sue and they try to shove him down your throat but he sucks. Bjorn gets some cool stuff to do but they just abandon it because of Ivar reasons. I'm still watching it because of the sunk cost fallacy.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the whole thing with ragnar in the coffin in paris was stolen from bjorn's expedition to the mediterranean

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Apart from the silly "locking swords" that everybody does, the duel between Ned and Jaime in episode 5 is fantastic.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

another disappointing thing is that we nevfer got to see casterly rock

it has such a cool name

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Castle Iraq

BlackStar
Aug 21, 2004

Paranoid Peanut posted:

it has such a cool name

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Paranoid Peanut posted:

it has such a cool name

We did see Casterly Rock.

It sucked.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Apart from the silly "locking swords" that everybody does, the duel between Ned and Jaime in episode 5 is fantastic.

It's so good. And benefits from 5 episodes of setup of you liking Ned and hating Jaime, and hearing that they're great swordsmen but never seeing it. Then they fight and it's choreographed, an ancient technique lost somewhere in season 4

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

That was back when an injury meant something, it also helped that Sean Bean could convincingly portray the emotions that come with a spear in the knee

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

FogHelmut posted:

Yeah I'd stop after season 4. Its basically another show after that. The fight choreography is gone and the battles are senseless. Ivar is a huge Mary Sue and they try to shove him down your throat but he sucks. Bjorn gets some cool stuff to do but they just abandon it because of Ivar reasons. I'm still watching it because of the sunk cost fallacy.

This isn't :goonsay: either. Once Ivar becomes the focus a lot of what made the show enjoyable goes out the window to make his character unstoppable. It even suffers from some of the same things people disliked about later GoT such as someone losing a battle yet suddenly having a fresh army the next episode.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
A lot of Got memes haven't aged well

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Rome was really good with that, following along the Pompey crew after they get smashed and seeing them cling desperately to their stature in increasingly dire situations.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

is 'the frontier' with aquaman any good? is he still a centaur?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

A Strange Aeon posted:

Rome was really good with that, following along the Pompey crew after they get smashed and seeing them cling desperately to their stature in increasingly dire situations.

Rome managed to stay very entertaining even as the plot and production got tossed into overdrive. A lot of quality scenery chewing and memorable dialog.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Frontier is reasonably entertaining but not good in any way shape or form.

I do like the flamboyantly gay bounty hunter/bodyguard.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
He was a Consul of Rome! ... Shame. Shame on the House of D&D.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Moola posted:

A lot of Got memes haven't aged well

A quick switcheroo and you're done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ElGroucho posted:

He was a Consul of Rome! ... Shame. Shame on the House of D&D.

Wretched women.