Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

That's what happens when bad guitarists decide practicing is dumb and spend their time being creative and quirky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i wonder if bad guitarists are like Captain hook where they get all triggered when they hear a metronome

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

The Muppets On PCP posted:

it's like one of those modern suburban tract houses where they throw in a bunch of different architectural features from different periods that are supposed to denote "this is a classy joint" but because the designer has zero understanding of what they're doing it just turns into a giant ridiculous mishmash of poo poo with zero functional use

its a grover guitar

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

It's not just terribly ugly, it's horribly made. Either the neck was put on crooked or the bridge is in the wrong spot, look how badly the strings are offset on the neck. And the PG is just so haphazardly cut relative to the body shape. And what the hell is the output jack doing there?

It's the sort of thing I want to buy just so I can post a video of me smashing it on my driveway and lighting the remains on fire in a steel drum as a warning that This Sort of Thing Will Not Be Tolerated.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I swear I will murder the next person who calls an output jack an input jack. Or maybe post a playlist of all my favourite Otamatone videos. Either way, stop it.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

The latter deffo falls under the purview of this thread, so you know what you have to do now

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Otamatones are god tier instruments

Spanish Manlove posted:

i wonder if bad guitarists are like Captain hook where they get all triggered when they hear a metronome

Also the same ones who like to talk about how technical ability and theory knowledge totally stifle creativity

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

strangemusic posted:

I swear I will murder the next person who calls an output jack an input jack. Or maybe post a playlist of all my favourite Otamatone videos. Either way, stop it.

But you input your cable into it!

:buddy:

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Schpyder posted:

The latter deffo falls under the purview of this thread, so you know what you have to do now

Something for said collection - a little piece I gave to the goon holiday album a year or two ago.

https://soundcloud.com/stillvisions/auld-lang-syne-otamatone

I spent far too long overdubbing the choir. Totally worth it.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

strangemusic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPYqrVDlc_4

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Vocaloid, Otamatone, close enough.

drat, that album is better than it has any right to be. Needs another reverb over everything and then a light fuzz on that reverb to really finish the sound, but still.

edit: okay, it's a bit uneven as I go through, but some tracks really nail the shoegaze sound.

stillvisions fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 20, 2017

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

I can finally post something in this thread.

http://www.musicgoroundboston.com/p/665681/used-margasa-ricky-esq-custom-electric-guitar-black

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

muike posted:

its a grover guitar

the closest equivalent to groverhaus is eddie van halen's frankenstrat

except it's legit neat and not the future tomb of some idiot's family

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
if it was a little closer to a ric i'd want it

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the closest equivalent to groverhaus is eddie van halen's frankenstrat

except it's legit neat and not the future tomb of some idiot's family

yeah that's what makes it not grover-like

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

muike posted:

yeah that's what makes it not grover-like

both were cobbled together from discount bin parts by people who didn't know what they were doing

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah but unlike Grover, Eddie actually made the frankenstrat work

e: I still love the story about him saying the opposite of what he did with the variac because it sounded more rock'n'roll like david lee roth had told him to do and immediately regretting it and trying to take it back but it was too late and people had blown their amps :rip:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

EVH is good and pure and I'm glad he seems healthy and happy nowadays

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I don't agree with his fat, goony son being the bassist. It's the lamest poo poo and he should be posted in this thread.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

I don't agree with his fat, goony son being the bassist. It's the lamest poo poo and he should be posted in this thread.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
how the hell did eddie and valerie bertinelli mating result in that

recessive genes hard at work

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Schpyder posted:

Everything about that makes me irrationally angry

At first I thought this was just hyperbole, it was just a wonky shape.
Then I started noticing things.
The placement of the output jack in the middle of the strumming path.
The cutaway at fret 15 leaving the upper frets unreachable with a normal playing style.
The only pickup placed in mid position
The neck that appears to be crooked so the lower E string almost goes off the fretboard on the upper frets.

There's NOTHING irrational about being angry at this guitar.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
I just noticed this thread and thought I'd chime in by pointing out how filthy Romeo Rose's fretboard is.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Anyone remember that ridiculous multipickup monstrosity that always comes up?

Well, I pray this is a scam on CL, because I may have to take one for the team and check out this monstrosity if it isn't.

I mean, it somewhat checks out - the company that made it exists and is local to the area, but it's just too conveniently stupid to not be a scam in a lot of ways - classic stupid internet guitar, CL, plus it keeps showing up.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Hedningen posted:

Well, I pray this is a scam on CL, because I may have to take one for the team and check out this monstrosity if it isn't.

I mean, it somewhat checks out - the company that made it exists and is local to the area, but it's just too conveniently stupid to not be a scam in a lot of ways - classic stupid internet guitar, CL, plus it keeps showing up.

You know that dopefish ladder goat video where the guy laughs as wheezingly hard as he possibly can at the video game goat glitch-walking up the ladder for like 9 straight minutes?

I just did that exact same thing but about this guitar.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Apr 26, 2017

the numa numa song
Oct 3, 2006

Even though
I'm better than you
I am not
This guy just put a few videos on Youtube and is starting to blow up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJhykU8sJYM

I know it's a bit passe to call out the musical integrity of groups like the Chainsmokers and Nickelback (he addresses this in the beginning), but his approach is humble and, I think, in the fun loving spirit of embracing and appreciating Stupid Music poo poo. So I'm posting it. Please enjoy.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Picasso Diddley

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

It's like if you were trying to describe a guitar to a computer

"Okay, it needs to have a curved spot to put on your leg"

"alright curved bit done"

"goddammit computer what the hell"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Only 6 strings? Ewww

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Hedningen posted:

I have to believe that anyone who'd design something like that never plays while wasted.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I don't hate this. It's minimal and abstract and probably like 4 lbs and ergonomically solid.

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
True, but judging by those carbon fiber pickup covers, this thing has to be $24K at least.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

It's the price you have to pay for that sweet carbon fiber tone. I mean plastic? What do you think I am?

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
I cant find this thing anywhere on the internet, who built it?

Pokey Araya fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Apr 26, 2017

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
how retarded would some (PLA) 3D printed pickup covers be?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Spanish Manlove posted:

how retarded would some (PLA) pickup covers be?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Pokey Araya posted:

I cant find this thing anywhere on the internet, who built it?

https://www.facebook.com/oniguitars/

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Not gonna lie, I love this headstock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSportseXpert
Jun 24, 2005

Stupid fucking white man.
The text kinda spoils it for me, font's reminding me of the newspaper rather than smoky mountains/whatever the art's about.

• Locked thread