Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, the only reason people don't doubt it now is because of the photos of him quite literally wearing stuff with SS bolts on it. Before that some people would get very "ok, he's a racist rear end in a top hat who loves cops but I don't know if a blue line shirt makes him an actual nazi".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

jesus WEP posted:

I’m glad you’re amused by the imaginary wrestlegoons you invented in your head

I'm not gonna call out people because there's nothing productive from that, but like there was literally a "that's just old white Texas conservatism" reaction in one of the other threads.

I get it. People have a lot of emotion and nostalgia wrapped up in guys like Undertaker and Steve Austin. Its genuinely difficult to get past that stuff and let go of a lifetime of attachment and its a natural reaction to look for an excuse. Its why I think its convenient that in the case of the Undertaker its as simple as him wearing a literal Nazi logo. Something a lot of those people who resist the idea to call him a "nazi" probably weren't aware of but is easy to share.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Can somebody post the Undertaker "88" signature image?
The Undertaker is a Nazi and there’s plenty of evidence to prove it but the 88 signature is a red herring. He did it for other years too.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Plus people would hand wave it away as being "biker culture" like they did with the Harris Brothers

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I dunno what magazines he reads but he comes off as a real lovely talk to the manager type.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Didn't it turn out that it was probably from 1988 and that he signed other autographs with the last 2 digits of the year in quotes?

Even if he's still clearly a racist.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yeah, it was just a red herring that everyone believed. Probably because he wore an SS biker shirt around which is a good way to think even your mundane actions are secret Nazi code. Because he's a Nazi who wears Nazi poo poo.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's my point. We can debate the significance of the 88. We can debate the deeper implications of Blue Lives Matter. But like, there's no debate about him wearing SS bolts.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

STAC Goat posted:

That's my point. We can debate the significance of the 88. We can debate the deeper implications of Blue Lives Matter. But like, there's no debate about him wearing SS bolts.
And when people bring up the whole "but outlaw bikers!" rebuttal, my response is always:

1. That doesn't mean he's not a Nazi; there's really no reason to think that it's not being used as a symbol of white supremacy unless the wearer is in a non-white biker gang.
2. He's not an outlaw biker, he's a rich white dude who likes bikes.
3. Taken in totality with his political donations, his wife's reaction to said political donations being public, and his ties to Nine Line, going hunting with the war criminal, etc, it paints a very specific picture.

(Incidentally, I was very disappointed to learn that Dustin Rhodes has a line of shirts with Nine Line, but at least we know he's learning with how well he's been repping being the stepfather of a trans kid.)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

you can be an outlaw biker and not be a nazi. I think. Oh yeah you can. Unless there's black nazis. But that would be weird since Hitler freaked the gently caress out about that one dude winning gold in Germany.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

and Konnan I swear to gently caress, I don't care about your podcast.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

coconono posted:

you can be an outlaw biker and not be a nazi. I think. Oh yeah you can. Unless there's black nazis. But that would be weird since Hitler freaked the gently caress out about that one dude winning gold in Germany.

there were/are black nazis

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Even in the increasingly bending over backwards possibility that Undertaker was "just wearing some biker thing" and had no idea it was a Nazi logo the first step to correcting that is by publicly saying "I had no idea that was a nazi thing, that's really hosed up and I'm sorry." What the people who complain about "sjws" and "cancel culture" never acknowledge is that most of the targets of that kind of stuff are usually unrepentant individuals. Undertaker knows people are online calling him a nazi. He chooses to not say anything about it.

Since he was brought up I think part of the reason people are more sympathetic to Dustin Rhodes is because even though he's got some bad Blue Lives Matter type stuff he's also got some good stuff so he feels more like a work in progress or someone that might be growing. And the truth is that's all of us. All of us are flawed and should be growing and getting better.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

STAC Goat posted:

Even in the increasingly bending over backwards possibility that Undertaker was "just wearing some biker thing" and had no idea it was a Nazi logo the first step to correcting that is by publicly saying "I had no idea that was a nazi thing, that's really hosed up and I'm sorry." What the people who complain about "sjws" and "cancel culture" never acknowledge is that most of the targets of that kind of stuff are usually unrepentant individuals. Undertaker knows people are online calling him a nazi. He chooses to not say anything about it.
Sort of playing devil's advocate, but: Does he know people online are calling him a nazi? A lot of celebs, especially those who aren't particularly active on social media, don't necessarily read their mentions or even vanity search.

Unless you mean specifically because of his wife's reaction to being called out about his political donations?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

davidbix posted:

Sort of playing devil's advocate, but: Does he know people online are calling him a nazi? A lot of celebs, especially those who aren't particularly active on social media, don't necessarily read their mentions or even vanity search.

Unless you mean specifically because of his wife's reaction to being called out about his political donations?

I think its tough for me to believe in general that a celebrity is unaware if there's a controversy happening about them within their bubble of fans. Yes, wrestling twitter is a niche but its a niche Undertaker should be aware of, if not personally through people in his life, professional and personally. In fairness, yeah, its possible he's just so detached and unconcerned that he isn't aware. But that feels unlikely to me in 2020. Like Ryan Reynolds probably doesn't know every thing being said about him on Twitter but he's got people who are paid to notice if something catches steam.

But yeah, I guess it was unfair for me to say he absolutely does know. I should have said that he SHOULD know if he cared what people were saying about him. This stuff's been going on for awhile and as you said his wife has acknowledged some of it. Either way the first step to Taker being "forgiven" or "vindicated" is in his hands, whether he knows it or not.

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Deadman's advocate

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

coconono posted:

But that would be weird since Hitler freaked the gently caress out about that one dude winning gold in Germany.

This one is a myth, and Owens has stated the only people who failed to congratulate him for his gold medal was his own country, including good ol' FDR.

The photo with the SS logo shirt is pretty indefensible though.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 11, 2020

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Vagabundo posted:

This one is a myth, and Owens has stated the only people who failed to congratulate him for his gold medal was his own country, including good ol' FDR.
Wasn't it a big deal that the German runner immediately shook his hand in front of Hitler and became his lifelong BFF or something?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

davidbix posted:

Wasn't it a big deal that the German runner immediately shook his hand in front of Hitler and became his lifelong BFF or something?

Yeah, Luz Long befriended Owens at the Olympics, before he was killed in action during WWII. He wasn't the only notable German athlete who didn't buy into nazism. Max Schmeling, during Kristallnacht, hid the sons of a Jewish guy he knew in his apartment and got them out of the country.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
https://twitter.com/KingJoffeTrap/status/1259944371408875524

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

If you see pictures of someone wearing their own street clothes with literal hate logos on them there's not need to ever be all like 'but what if' or 'look at it this way'

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Like you get fired by profitable company in the middle of pandemic so of course you expect said talent to rave about the previous boss

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

coconono posted:

As a guy who briefly lived like three doors down from an MC clubhouse, and even has been drinking with bikers, lots of bikers aren't and hate nazis. Except for Taker cause he's a nazi.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

As a guy who briefly lived like three doors down from an MC clubhouse, and even has been drinking with bikers, lots of bikers aren't and hate nazis. Except for Taker cause he's a nazi.

Wait you mean there are motorcycle gangs that don’t regularly rampage around the Pacific Northwest, sometimes subjugating small towns for their perverted whims? loving Hollywood.

Realktalk I know, my wife’s side of the family are involved in MC stuff and it’s pretty fun weekend warrior stuff. Very horny people too, cherished. Must be all the crotch vibrations.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/neutralwres/status/1260053988860465152

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

GODDAMN BABY HOLES ALWAYS PUTTIN OUT BABIES

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Who knew one woman's womb could kill women's wrestling in WWE

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

To be fair it was dumb of them to have a women's division consisting entirely of two ladies

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/greg55500278/status/1259138767916544000

This guy's twitter is disturbing

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

he's right tho. You have to have balance in your relationship, not just loving. And that's why he'll steal Carmella away from Corey because he's a better husband.

Carmella's the mop, right?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

To be fair it was dumb of them to have a women's division consisting entirely of two ladies

Yeah, I mean, I don't think women's wrestling is dead but it is kind of fair to say that Becky was champ for over a year and not much came of it and she ends up handing the belt to the closest thing to a rival she had who never actually beat her and from the 2 years of Rousey and Becky dominating the division the only wrestler who came out ahead was... Charlotte.

But I mean, before this the division was dominated by Charlotte and Alexa Bliss for years with no one else getting over. So its all the same thing for WWE.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

STAC Goat posted:

But I mean, before this the division was dominated by Charlotte and Alexa Bliss for years with no one else getting over. So its all the same thing for WWE.

Not like this is a unique thing to the women's division though. Just keep feeding people to Brock and that will ultimately get Roman over, right?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah this isn't a bad wrestling opinion its future evidence

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I mean, I don't think women's wrestling is dead but it is kind of fair to say that Becky was champ for over a year and not much came of it and she ends up handing the belt to the closest thing to a rival she had who never actually beat her and from the 2 years of Rousey and Becky dominating the division the only wrestler who came out ahead was... Charlotte.

The bungling of the build to the WM main event last year (although the sort of saved it at the end) and Becky being shunted back to the midcard as well as being made The Chick for Seth is legitimately one of the most destructive pieces of booking in WWE history. Other than maybe Zack Ryder or even Cesaro, which were on a different scale, there may be no greater proof of the fact that they don't actually want anyone to get over. Becky got firmly established as a main eventer and the she just...wasn't?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Remember when that one dude was like LOOK THEY'RE GIVING YOU WHAT YOU WANT, MAYBE THE FAN ARE THE PROBLEM when Becky, Kofi and Seth were all champs coming out of Mania? Look at how they've all turned out a year and change later. Yeesh.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Yeah this isn't a bad wrestling opinion its future evidence

Holy poo poo if Graves ever goes missing check that guy's backyard for freshly tilled dirt

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Pinche Rudo posted:

Holy poo poo if Graves ever goes missing check that guy's backyard for freshly tilled dirt

From the dudes Bio:

quote:

I am only looking for single women in the Ogdensburg new YORK area and in Watertown new YORK area only and i am looking for single reporter too

I feel like they should already be digging up his backyard

Their entire twitter timeline is just absolute lunacy

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What's he going to do with the single reporter

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

What's he going to do with the single reporter

https://youtu.be/Kq3TiuRC-VQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

From the dudes Bio:

I feel like they should already be digging up his backyard

Their entire twitter timeline is just absolute lunacy

Keep digging, have you hit the part where he talks about Carmella cheating on him? Dude is legit frightening as hell, I don't even want to crack jokes about it, that motherfucker is a ticking timebomb.