Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I cant even manage to not get bodied by Bathory. :eng99:
My team is 5* muzaka/krut/Rask/Valkyrie, and 4* celestial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Same. I come close with 5* celestial/jack/deb and 4* valk/gilligan, but I can't DPS enough before either he drops my heroes or the archers eat epsilon alive. Might get it tomorrow with a second Jack.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I should probably 5 star some heroes I can actually skill up. Pgenes are not my friend.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Farming Lee genes... what is necessary for the guild strats? What's a good order? Can Lee strats work without a Lee friend in my less-than-ideal Pioneer Server guild?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I bought 93/115 of Spooky's genes and I have 2/2/9/7 so far on her skills. Going to need to invest in well over 1k pgenes to cap her out.

Plan her skill levels carefully if you don't have pgenes.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
I wish I could play this more, but it simply takes up too much real-time to do all the things they have available. :psyduck:

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

I wish I could play this more, but it simply takes up too much real-time to do all the things they have available. :psyduck:

It's a mixture of AI being too stupid to handle certain gimmicks and all these limited time crap they keep putting out.

Would be really nice if I could full auto these library stages without having to step in every now and then to make sure my team doesn't do something dumb. :argh:

At least they're changing up guild raid which will hopefully be out next maint.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

You'll burn yourself out in any game trying to 100% everything. Accept that you'll never be as good as the whales pouring in paychecks and just play the content you want to play.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Unlocked my first 5* potential ever, spent 800 mana to roll it, and got charm immunity.

I think maybe I should just quit now.

Wyrmthang
Nov 30, 2014

As dry as it gets!
With Bathory, though I think someone mentioned this earlier, to get around his annoying immune to everything but a regular #1 melee attack you can seal the buff that gives him that immunity with Celestial. Let him run down the way twice, he'll nail the main guy once or twice and then be in range for all your boys to blammo him. Just make sure Celestial goes first, seal Bathory, and then he drops like a beyotch. Still haven't made it to Deimos yet :(

Edit: my party is 5* (though not very high lvl) Celestial (lvl 15), Reina (lvl 45) (Maxed skills), Jenny (lvl 35) (Maxed skills), Rage (lvl 5) (0 genes), Rask (lvl 39)

Wyrmthang fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 11, 2016

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Since I still have open friend slots, my ign is GodsBlister, and I also would like to give Sorathehero some good friendos as he's new to the game.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
Revised GR play and score count is up:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/fant...797273240486987

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

They reduced the grind in exactly the wrong way. Is it so hard for them to accept that people loving hate playing, at this point, 95 floors of library per day?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!

NinjaDebugger posted:

They reduced the grind in exactly the wrong way. Is it so hard for them to accept that people loving hate playing, at this point, 95 floors of library per day?

I auto to 36 and 14, respectively :effort:

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

I auto to 36 and 14, respectively :effort:

Same, but even so, it takes for loving ever.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
<1hr a day isn't exactly what I'd call an eternity, considering you can hit autopilot and set the phone down

I farmed Hera pretty early on in Puzzle and Dragons, after spending four hours each time shuffling orbs with absolutely no room for error I find it really hard to complain about a map that clears itself automatically while I unjam printers and reboot computers at work

edit: so uh after the Spooky nerf, is Banshee a waste of gems? She seems like a pretty quick farm considering how long her event is running, should I spend my gems on Banshee or Deimos, or should I save them? I'm at 2300 right now.

The "main" team I'm running with is Chris/Jenny/Deobrah/Celestial/Serendi, all at 5 stars, with Jack, Kai, Carrot and Sraka floating as needed at 4 stars. I've only cleared through Glory so I don't have all the heroes yet. Anything earth-shattering about the premium heroes on offer right now?

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Sep 12, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Banshee package > Deimos package if you care for the sets. The set Deimos gets is just a better version of Unbeatable Warlord. They both do the exact same thing with slightly different conditions.

If you don't care about the sets, you can always get it for the costume.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

Banshee package > Deimos package if you care for the sets. The set Deimos gets is just a better version of Unbeatable Warlord. They both do the exact same thing with slightly different conditions.

If you don't care about the sets, you can always get it for the costume.

I am a sucker for an Alice in Wonderland gimmick, so yeah, costumes, because Banshee may actually be better with OS than with her set.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
What's skillup priorities on Spooky? I'm doing the 3rd skill right now.

Gonna waste a sea of energy potion to get Banshee on time too, I might actually be able to buy all the event heroes in time.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Dias posted:

What's skillup priorities on Spooky? I'm doing the 3rd skill right now.

Gonna waste a sea of energy potion to get Banshee on time too, I might actually be able to buy all the event heroes in time.

4, 3, 2, 1

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

NinjaDebugger posted:

Same, but even so, it takes for loving ever.
Seriously (although I can only auto to 29/9). It would totally be a different story if I could check Twitter and do a crossword or something, but it's gotta tie up my phone which sucks.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Keep in mind that the best value for event shop currency is still stage 1 of Banshee's Lost Island event; apparently Reina fixing it so that currency reward scaled down with energy cost was unique to her isle, and Banshee aligns with the other islands.

Between a free energy potion's worth of that, all 3 expedition slots continually going to Foose/Vulcan/Glory (getting 80/48/30 coins from that), and normal currency reward completing all your other things (and the free currency they usually hand out near the end), you should be able to get most of everything you want before the event ends.

If you are concerned, don't use any more genes for Spooky after unlocking her; you can prioritize those last since Pgenes are reliable, whereas this event may not be.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

PFlats posted:

Seriously (although I can only auto to 29/9). It would totally be a different story if I could check Twitter and do a crossword or something, but it's gotta tie up my phone which sucks.

You can install the game on a PC with Nox App player or Bluestacks and let it run in the background while you do real work.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Avulsion posted:

You can install the game on a PC with Nox App player or Bluestacks and let it run in the background while you do real work.

That's way more effort than I put into my f2p phone games. I just quit at that point.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

PFlats posted:

That's way more effort than I put into my f2p phone games. I just quit at that point.

I spend most of my time in front of a PC, I just treat these things like an incremental clicker game so Nox comes in handy.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
Bluestacks and Nox always bug out on me. Luckily I have a phone and a tablet.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Unlocked Sione and Deimos today. Feels good.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Hahahaha I got around to beating the tower with Spoopy and Banhammer. I got catted. :negative:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
Thinking about that Full Moon package. Here comes the gnome!

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I keep forgetting to clear some of my dailies, so I probably won't be able to get all the gems needed for banshee's pack. Is it possible to grind out her genes in the 3rd stage, or is that a lost cause?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I ground out her genes doing the 4th using about 20-25 energy pots (and her package). I don't see why you couldn't do something similar provided you have enough pots.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Would 35 be a reasonable number to attempt this with? I bought quite a few of them in my first event (noblesse) and have yet to use even 1.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
You can only do your best, and you get a free one every day.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

So it is actually possible to max out Deimos and get his set but it would require you to buy the hero package and get all 45 gems per day.

Thank god I'm quitting his grind after maxing his skills. I am not dealing with that semi-auto torture.

Also the set conversion scroll is pretty lovely in that it doesn't seem to allow you to use diamonds until you use the scroll. Sucks if you don't have a 4* or 5* set to convert.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Is there any way to make Reina's passive trigger without outside help? Like, are there set bonuses that count for the 2 buffs it needs?

I typically just start her off with a heal from Gillian which triggers the passive, but since he usually ends up with other obligations she ends up losing her passive toward the end of fights.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Vincent Valentine posted:

Is there any way to make Reina's passive trigger without outside help? Like, are there set bonuses that count for the 2 buffs it needs?

I typically just start her off with a heal from Gillian which triggers the passive, but since he usually ends up with other obligations she ends up losing her passive toward the end of fights.

Nope. If we could activate or keep activating her passive that easily, she wouldn't be relegated to the ranks of the almost amazing.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Do you guys think it would be acceptable to skip the Deimos package for a beginning/intermediate player? I have the feeling with all the event stuff that gets released on a regular basis I am constantly playing catch-up to the newest hotness.
And while that certainly is the way these gatcha games operate, the rapid rate of new grind targets makes me feel like I'm not progessing at all. Like, I'm poo poo at clearing the libraries, can't auto the Island at an acceptable difficulty level, struggle to clear the adventure up to Lee (to finally become able to contribute in Guild Raids, hopefully), etc. I'd love to push masteries with my crystals but the way they handled Krut, Noblesse and Co could very well lead to me being cross with myself for skipping the current package.

I feel like the regular answers like 'just finish *newest hero* with PGenes at a later time' doesn't really work for me. Because there's always a dozen other things to finish up with them first and the rate of acqusition isn't nearly enough to cover the demand (not even able to finish normal tower yet).

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Deimos package is totally skippable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
I actually got "here comes the gnomes" from my 1* capsules. In the end I don't really get the hate. You get more stats overall than other 1* sets, just spread out over all your characters. 1250 defense and +7.5% attack overall to the team. That's pretty nice. Especially if you somehow got five of the sets.

• Locked thread