Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wind hashira guy needs some eyedrops or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Is this just on crunchy roll this season? Doesn't seem to be on Hulu anymore.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Kingtheninja posted:

Is this just on crunchy roll this season? Doesn't seem to be on Hulu anymore.

Netflix/Hulu is most likely post season like they did with the swordsmith arc. Probably 6-8 months after the finale.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

so the last couple major arcs it went:

- Flame Hashira totally owned by upper rank, dies and upper rank escapes
- Sound Hashira holds his own, takes heavy damage but survives and upper rank dies
- Mist/Love Hashira struggle a little but take just a little damage, and kill two upper ranks

Is it just supposed to be that "drat, Tanjiro is getting a lot stronger" for the reasoning?

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

glassyalabolas posted:

Is Zenitsu the token pervy guy?

Combined with the "screams all his dialogue in a shrill voice" shounen character archetype.

Tatsuta Age posted:

- Sound Hashira holds his own, takes heavy damage but survives and upper rank dies
- Mist/Love Hashira struggle a little but take just a little damage, and kill two upper ranks

Is it just supposed to be that "drat, Tanjiro is getting a lot stronger" for the reasoning?

No, the last arc just sucked.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Tatsuta Age posted:

No, (spoiler for the new ep if you haven't watched it) it's the Slayer marks. Slayer marks manifest in succession after the first awakening by a sun breathing user and Tanjiro hadn't awakened the slayer mark yet during Mugen train. Tengen was able to manifest it because Tanjiro had during the fight against Gyutaro, then Mitsuri and Muichiro awakened theirs. The Hashira training arc isn't just the Hashira training the other corps members, it's trying to train up manifesting the mark on command/more reliably.

Mitsuri's explanation of the way it worked is very :3:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Every arc of Demon Slayer is excellent, actually.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Mist guy was kind of a dud but otherwise it was pretty solid.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

13Pandora13 posted:

No, (spoiler for the new ep if you haven't watched it) it's the Slayer marks. Slayer marks manifest in succession after the first awakening by a sun breathing user and Tanjiro hadn't awakened the slayer mark yet during Mugen train. Tengen was able to manifest it because Tanjiro had during the fight against Gyutaro, then Mitsuri and Muichiro awakened theirs. The Hashira training arc isn't just the Hashira training the other corps members, it's trying to train up manifesting the mark on command/more reliably.

Mitsuri's explanation of the way it worked is very :3:

Tengen never manifested the mark. Their victory was more due to Gyutaro being overconfident and a lot of luck.

Hantengu in the last season was only beatable because Tanjiro was there and his sense of smell allowed him to track his main body.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

MonsterEnvy posted:

Tengen never manifested the mark. Their victory was more due to Gyutaro being overconfident and a lot of luck.

Hantengu in the last season was only beatable because Tanjiro was there and his sense of smell allowed him to track his main body.

You're right about Tengen, for some reason I had a mental image of his tattoo like, spreading into a mark but that is definitely not A Thing.

The latter point doesn't matter if they all get squad wiped (which is prevented by Mitsuri and Muichiro getting the mark).

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Have been waiting to see Rengoku's old hilt guard on a Tanjiro sword, episode did not disappoint.

Sindai posted:

Every arc of Demon Slayer is excellent, actually.

That's right.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tatsuta Age posted:

It's mostly that the upper moons are vastly stronger than the lower ones. Both victories have been a tremendous struggle on their part and it looked like Nezuko died in the process of making sure Hantengu was killed.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tatsuta Age posted:

Also Akaza was Upper Rank 3. Stronger than the other ones that got killed.

Which honestly makes Rengoku hella impressive considering he almost managed to take down Akaza with him.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Rengoku was one of, if not the, strongest demon slayers. He might have been able to win outright in the duel if he hadn't already been fighting and protecting civilians beforehand.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Mordja posted:

Mist guy was kind of a dud but otherwise it was pretty solid.

"always kind of sleepy" is a hard characterization to make interesting

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
It always stood out to me how awful the initial characterizations were for many of the Hashiras, which the author then had to tweak once it was time to actually do something with them.

In the case of Mist guy he became essentially an entirely different character.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
They don't subtitle the music in some of those scenes, but they really should. The music playing while Nezuko is burning to death is all about having to move on and do what you have to, don't look back, that type of stuff, and it's gutting.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Mist guy is fail. Said this many months ago.

Poppers
Jan 21, 2023

Personally I hope more of the hashiras get brutally pwned to death. And not dramatic heroic deaths either. When are these upper ranks gonna do poo poo.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Mist guy and the fish guy sucked, and their fight was so lame and inconsequential that I'm pretty sure it could be just removed from the story with nothing of value lost.

On the other hand, Love Hashira rules

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Why doesn't the stone hashira's eyes have pupils

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Lt. Lizard posted:

Mist guy and the fish guy sucked, and their fight was so lame and inconsequential that I'm pretty sure it could be just removed from the story with nothing of value lost.

On the other hand, Love Hashira rules

That fight further builds on the idea that Tanjiro is such a swell guy, he betters everyone around him. Not only do Tokito and Kanroji get their demon crests from being near him, his advice to Tokito literally saves his life and recovers his memories.

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I’m anime only, so I might be talking out of turn, but according to what my girlfriend’s read, he’s blind.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I thought he just kept his eyes closed as some sort of meditation.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Bruh these doodlebob no name slayers are washed

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

GIYU SAAAAN! :D

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm so glad they kept the eating contest bit.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Anime just refuses to let a guy be an aloof loner

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
I’m glad the best character in the anime, insosuke, is back.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Tabletops posted:

I’m glad the best character in the anime, insosuke, is back.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Tabletops posted:

I’m glad the best character in the anime, inofuke, is back.

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Man these no name slayers are some doodlebobs. I am glad they are trying to actually make something of themselves.