Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

I'd hit up the city sub as well if you wanna unload that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Good call, thanks!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

hey late to the party but that Ballin Out episode Felix was on is genuinely great, this podcast rules

A Dragonball podcast? Bah

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

PostNouveau posted:

A Dragonball podcast? Bah

it's very good poo poo, they take dragon ball exactly as seriously as they should

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Felix was not kidding about Rees-Mogg's kids:

Together the couple live at Gournay Court in West Harptree and have six children:[141][142]
  • Peter Theodore Alphege Rees-Mogg (b. 2007)
  • Mary Anne Charlotte Emma Rees-Mogg (b. 2008)
  • Thomas Wentworth Somerset Dunstan Rees-Mogg (b. 2010)
  • Anselm Charles Fitzwilliam Rees-Mogg (b. 2012)[143][144]
  • Alfred Wulfric Leyson Pius Rees-Mogg (b. 22 February 2016)[145]
  • Sixtus Dominic Boniface Christopher Rees-Mogg (b. July 2017)[146]

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
sixtus is white people names jumping the shark

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Actually had to look that up to make sure you weren't loving with us. This guy's going to name his seventh kid Dyspnea Prognathism Creutzfeldt-Jakob Rees-Mogg.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Sixtus Rees-Mogg is 100% a Star Wars character.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Hunter Brayden Cayden Jayden Rees-Mogg-Hufflepuff.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

When are the ultra rich going to go full Roman and just give all their children the same name?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I think like half of those names are from popes.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

sexpig by night posted:

it's very good poo poo, they take dragon ball exactly as seriously as they should

Extremely seriously?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Are guillotines all sizes all ages or will we have to order some customs when it's time for those kids + ben Shapiro

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Etsy's got you covered

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

They named their sixth child sixtus

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Chucktesla posted:

They named their sixth child sixtus

:wotwot:

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
Well when you're born into a rich family you have no chance of coming out a normal person so they may as well go bananas on naming them Apple or Bookshelf or whatever

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Thompsons posted:

Well when you're born into a rich family you have no chance of coming out a normal person so they may as well go bananas on naming them Apple or Bookshelf or whatever

Minyon Moore.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

reminds me of one of the kensington councilors who partied at his mansion while his constituents burned in grenfell tower

his name is Rock Hugo Basil Feilding-Mellen and one of his parents has a hole in their skull due to being into trepanning and psychadelics

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
It would be pretty cool to call your sixth kid Septus.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
If an rear end in a top hat rich kid was named Septus, my go to teasing would be to call him “septic”

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

My father was a half Indian, half Japanese, 100% clean comedian, and my mother was the daughter of a British aristocrat, so they named me Sixtus Nainan.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

Pomplamoose posted:

My father was a half Indian, half Japanese, 100% clean comedian, and my mother was the daughter of a British aristocrat, so they named me Sixtus Nainan.

*stavbot* Woooooo!

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

TomViolence posted:

reminds me of one of the kensington councilors who partied at his mansion while his constituents burned in grenfell tower

his name is Rock Hugo Basil Feilding-Mellen and one of his parents has a hole in their skull due to being into trepanning and psychadelics

holy poo poo you aren't kidding

:gibs:

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
They probably wanted sextus but were talked down to sixtus for the sake of the child.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

TomViolence posted:

Amanda Fielding is actually pretty cool tho

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

It’ll be a pretty fitting monument to our culture if in 600 years people look back on Alex Jones the way we look back on Nostradamus.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Thaddius the Large posted:

It’ll be a pretty fitting monument to our culture if in 600 years people look back on Alex Jones the way we look back on Nostradamus.

We already do. He's a goofball who knows the secrets of the universe, according to silly people.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

prefect posted:

We already do. He's a goofball who knows the secrets of the universe, according to silly people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X9RUOEOoNQ

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

I was high key disappointed when this wasn't him explaining fighting giant robots.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Man it’s real shame that Alex Jones got to steal Bill Cooper’s act and become a millionaire while Cooper got the honor of dying in a police shootout.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Good lord did Felix just reference BigPeeler? What a weird loving world.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

Good lord did Felix just reference BigPeeler? What a weird loving world.

I don't remember him. Is he from Subsistence, Substance, or something?

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/tales-from-zoo/1/

He was probably one of the first goon celebrities purely thru his GBS stories. Was probably one of the first things I knew from the SA forums! Given Felix was like 12 years old at the time, this seems to be a cultural osmosis thing.

Kunster fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Feb 26, 2018

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Interview with Will's dad is pretty neat.

He mentions that one of his brothers is named for Robert Owen and describes Owen as "I think one of those Midwest utopians." I had only ever seen him referenced in a British context and with respect to his influence on European left wingers (in particular Karl Polanyi) but as it turns out he did, in fact, attempt to forge a utopian community in Indiana in the 1820s before returning to the UK.

Welp, see ya.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Favorite thing: That entire cold open and Papa Menaker's complete confusion about it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Apoplexy posted:

Favorite thing: That entire cold open and Papa Menaker's complete confusion about it.

That's my second-favorite thing. Favorite thing is that he started off by checking Young Will's grammar.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The Elder Menaker needs to be a regular, he has no clue what his dipshit son and his friends are doing and he just wants Will to speak properly when discussing family history.

It was a genuinely solid episode too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

black keys ftw