Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Here's that gross new Godzilla everyone's talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

Improbable Lobster posted:

Here's that gross new Godzilla everyone's talking about

Holy poo poo, that looks incredible but then I do mark the gently caress out for Ito in general.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

lets hang out posted:

heard woolie loves this figure

just got to that part in the video

holy poo poo

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the last boss of devil's third is...good and cool? Weird!

This feels like the only part of the game that came out as intended

e: and it's completely undone by everything right after. Bravo, Oatmeal Itagaki.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Dec 20, 2015

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Tomonobu Oatagaki

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

DumbparameciuM posted:

Holy poo poo, that looks incredible but then I do mark the gently caress out for Ito in general.

I dunno I feel like even though the design is scary the eyes make it look really goofy. I hope it looks better in motion.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

DumbparameciuM posted:

Not Junji Ito, right? I mean he seems like the kind of guy quite happy to design apocalyptic radiation monsters.

DrSnakeLaser fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Dec 20, 2015

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Ito is not working on SHIN GOJIRA, sadly.

Anyway, totally marked out at Diabetus calling us out in their Bloodborne LP. They're barely an hour into the DLC, and having beaten it with Pat and Woolie already, it's really fun to see it played again.

Also, after the last 4 days of editing, a little 15 min solo video of my thoughts on Bloodborne is going up today on Vessel, and will be on YT on the 23rd. Nothing super special, but I think I did a good job.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

DrSnakeLaser posted:

Not Junji Ito, right? I mean he seems like the kind of guy quite happy to design apocalyptic radiation monsters.

no Ito at all, it's codirected by hideaki anno of evangelion and shinji higuchi of eva, attack on titan, gamera, and kill la kill storyboards

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

TheRealestMatt posted:

a little 15 min solo video of my thoughts on Bloodborne is going up today on Vessel, and will be on YT on the 23rd. Nothing super special, but I think I did a good job.

I can't wait for the Snailborne edit later.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

scary ghost dog posted:

kill la kill storyboards
Will this version of Godzilla have huge titties?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Forgall posted:

Will this version of Godzilla have huge titties?

gojira please don't lose your way

As someone that kinda never really cared about Godzilla, mostly because it was considerably after my time, an Anno/Higuchi movie with a cool design kinda makes me wanna watch it anyway. Mostly I just want people to give Anno a fuckton of money so he can destroy Earth on Hollywood-level SFX budget, but this will do.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Dias posted:

gojira please don't lose your way

As someone that kinda never really cared about Godzilla, mostly because it was considerably after my time, an Anno/Higuchi movie with a cool design kinda makes me wanna watch it anyway. Mostly I just want people to give Anno a fuckton of money so he can destroy Earth on Hollywood-level SFX budget, but this will do.

Japanese films are the definition of low budget

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

TheRealestMatt posted:

Anyway, totally marked out at Diabetus calling us out in their Bloodborne LP. They're barely an hour into the DLC, and having beaten it with Pat and Woolie already, it's really fun to see it played again.

Also, after the last 4 days of editing, a little 15 min solo video of my thoughts on Bloodborne is going up today on Vessel, and will be on YT on the 23rd. Nothing super special, but I think I did a good job.

The editing is a bit rough. There are a bunch of points where your audio fades in too slowly so some of what you're saying gets effectively cut off, and at 6:57 there's a bit where you start to say a sentence, it gets cut off, and then that bit of audio starts again, which was a bit jarring. I liked the video otherwise.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Racist Kinect is amazing.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Perhaps the most blatantly padded Soulsborne episode ever up on vessel, but boy that bit where Pat ate poo poo was some Matt Throws The Fireaxe level stuff.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rodyle posted:

Perhaps the most blatantly padded Soulsborne episode ever up on vessel, but boy that bit where Pat ate poo poo was some Matt Throws The Fireaxe level stuff.

comedic timing not quite as good as the "let's have a fighting game!" bit a couple of episodes ago but still strong

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Genocyber posted:

The editing is a bit rough. There are a bunch of points where your audio fades in too slowly so some of what you're saying gets effectively cut off, and at 6:57 there's a bit where you start to say a sentence, it gets cut off, and then that bit of audio starts again, which was a bit jarring. I liked the video otherwise.

Yeah, I had alot of 1080p files, and my lappy was struggling to render them, and I think the audio kinda lags behind here and there in conjunction with the music used? Annoying, not sure exactly why. I can certainly fix some of these issues (especially the bit at 6:57) for the YT version. Thanks for pointing it out! Glad you liked it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You use Adobe to edit and render?

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

Tae posted:

You use Adobe to edit and render?

I do when I add in certain effects and whatnot. But I mostly used a program named Wondershare Filmora.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So how mad were you guys to discover (:siren:STAR WARS TFA SPOILERS:siren:)that it wasn't Coruscant that got nuked? The New Republic set up its capital somewhere else - I don't think anything mentions why, although it's not too bad a reach to assume it's just a matter of Coruscant being right hosed up from a big battle.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Dec 21, 2015

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Spiritus Nox posted:

So how mad were you guys to discover (:siren:STAR WARS TFA SPOILERS:siren:)that it wasn't Coruscant that got nuked? The New Republic set up its capital somewhere else - I don't think anything mentions why, although it's not too bad a reach to assume it's just a matter of Coruscant being right hosed up from a big battle.

It's still the seat of the galactic government and a big-rear end city planet. Lots of important and not-so important people died. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire government is in shambles in the next movie. It's sort of like being angry that Jakku isn't Tatooine.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

Wasn't mad at all. Just because it was introduced in the prequels doesn't make it not cool.

SW 1313 don't stop believing

doos
Jan 1, 2015

When all of those people on not-Coruscant ran out to stare at the incoming death beam, I thought one of them was Leia.

That would've been a pretty funny cameo.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Look at this loving weeaboo trash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLZP_z2PxCw

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Man that's really bizarre.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm surprised none of the Best Friends mentioned how C-3PO has Big Boss' cyborg arm now. (minor TFA spoilers)

But yeah, Force Awakens is super good.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I'm pretty sure that stupid frog was in the original version.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Improbable Lobster posted:

Japanese films are the definition of low budget

I know, that's why I said I'll take what I can get. Maybe they'll let Anno play around with some sheep guts or something at least.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Oh, also, I just watched the Matt Stares At Bloodborne video. It's pretty cool, I like when you guys do the long-form musing stuff, and Matt, we share the same preference for Bloodborne's combat over the Souls' mechanics. I think it feels more forgiving and fluid, while Souls is very stiff and punishing (which isn't a bad thing, just to clarify). And yeah, there are some editing hiccups on the Vessel video, but I think they're mostly rough fade-outs for your narration track, which should be easy enough to fix.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

havenwaters posted:

Man that's really bizarre.

this is my favorite part so I'm pretty hype

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
New Berserk anime announced, Black Swordsman Guts, first trailer's coming December 29th

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

TheRealestMatt posted:

Oh snap, my bad. I think I must have dreamed it. I want to live in the world where this is real.

Dias posted:

Oh, also, I just watched the Matt Stares At Bloodborne video. It's pretty cool, I like when you guys do the long-form musing stuff, and Matt, we share the same preference for Bloodborne's combat over the Souls' mechanics. I think it feels more forgiving and fluid, while Souls is very stiff and punishing (which isn't a bad thing, just to clarify). And yeah, there are some editing hiccups on the Vessel video, but I think they're mostly rough fade-outs for your narration track, which should be easy enough to fix.

As someone who played through DS1 and 2 in 60FPS and is currently struggling with 30FPS in Bloodborne I find your statement interesting.

Blockhouse posted:

New Berserk anime announced, Black Swordsman Guts, first trailer's coming December 29th

Here's a link to an announcement thing on Anime News Network. I would not have picked up that magazine expecting a hot press release about GATTZU (Could it be spelt any worse than that? I don't think so)

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

DumbparameciuM posted:

(Could it be spelt any worse than that? I don't think so)

Having reread some of the real old scans recently enough, I think Band of the Hawk could do worse if they put their mind to it.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

lets hang out posted:

heard woolie loves this figure

I believe its his favorite

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Depths posted:

I believe its his favorite

his big favorite

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Blockhouse posted:

his big favorite

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I really don't know if the davy crockett or her being constantly titties-out is worse

probably the former since the latter at least actually happened

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Was she always David Bowie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

BravestOfTheLamps posted: