Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I won't have access to anything that can run LoL for a while. Is there any indication how long a hopefully package deal on Star Guardian skins would last?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Next patch, so probably like 2 weeks

Does anyone remember that new analytics site that's better than champion.gg because it has way more info and matchups?

edit: found it http://lolalytics.com/

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

If this guy had a beard he'd be Ben Brode's evil twin

E: actually, evil twins usually have beards so the reverse works for him

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Aumanor posted:

After two patches of updating at a decent speed, champion.gg seems to not have even begun collecting the data for 6.19. I have to say, not being able to check the matchups makes me a bit nervous in champion select.

I've been using this site lately http://lolalytics.com/ and someone else just linked it.

It also comes with win % for certain masteries and items and in which order the items are built.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

henkman posted:

Yeah that's loving awful, but doing almost as much damage as both your solo lanes combined (who are both AD, obviously) while putting up that score line? I know that feel

The crazy part is she only had one death with all those stats. Sometimes I feel like damage dealt to champions is a trap stat because you're like 6/1 and some other rear end in a top hat is like 8/18 and then goes in post game "Wow, you suck I dealt double your damage." Seriously, the game would have been easier if they just prioritized not dying even if they didn't deal any damage.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

its actually not that crazy that she had only one death when my team had a very bad jungle kindred who did not gank and used her ults terribly, and a lissandra who did 28k damage to champs in a 50+ minute game. they were pushed up to my tower for literally all of laning and never got ganked.

whats crazy is that i managed to do anything, that was one of the worst lanes i've ever played. melee support into ranged is already bad enough but it was a melee "support" with zero actual ability to engage with the enemy lane.

edit: trust me, that other team was loving rolling us more or less the entire game and Jinx got to stand behind teammates with no real threats other than a Lissandra who kept dying before she could ult.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 22, 2016

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Mystery Prize posted:

Who gives a poo poo if she has slightly faster out of combat movement speed?

you get +115 base movespeed out of combat compared to +45 from merc treads. this is a 60 ms difference! this is huge if you plan on doing any of 1. Warding and 2. Roaming/Ganking! Literally the only job a support has early/midgame out of lane!!!! Sona's job is usually as an initiator or supplemental initiator, so the extra 60 movespeed is more helpful if you plan on doing any kind of initial combat actions

as previous posters have said Sona is so fragile that building Treads on her is a waste of gold, unless the enemy team has 4 AP champions and MR is like 300% more efficient vs. the enemy team's damage
if you are worried about dying, instead of wasting 200 gold on worse stats for a support try building Aegis, a noted good support item that counters magic damage, and Mobility boots, an item that lets you run away from danger at first sight for much safer warding

Merc treads just in general are not very good on anyone that is ranged or squishy, they are always best for champions that want to soak up a lot of crowd control such as tanks or bruisers, or assassin types into heavy CC that live and die on the .5s difference in crowd control (like Fiora Diana Talon or Zed)

How Rude fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Sep 22, 2016

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Boots are a trap item and have been since t1 were reduced to 25 ms. Just buy damage items that give ms. Like lichbane and spooky ghosts.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Methanar posted:

Boots are a trap item and have been since t1 were reduced to 25 ms. Just buy damage items that give ms. Like lichbane and spooky ghosts.

boots are cheap and efficient, both good choices for a role that gets significantly less gold than the other 4

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
no buy damage items so you kill more things to get more gold to buy more damage

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Methanar posted:

no buy damage items so you kill more things to get more gold to buy more damage

don't play support then

solo queue already picked 4 squishy carries with no crowd control, i'm not picking a 5th

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Why should ap Champs get less gold because there botTom.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i'm not taking support itemization advice from a guy trapped in the server closet

quote:

they start wardin' the dragon
so i pull out my lich bane

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
In promos to plat 1, streaming more Janna/Alistar!! https://www.twitch.tv/kingcobweb

Let's try push-to-talk this time (I don't know how to make the rest of the audio duck when i talk like bond does)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Is2g if I see one more adc player walking down mid alone to die, Im gonna be very upset at videogames.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

In promos to plat 1, streaming more Janna/Alistar!! https://www.twitch.tv/kingcobweb

Let's try push-to-talk this time (I don't know how to make the rest of the audio duck when i talk like bond does)

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

How Rude posted:

you get +115 base movespeed out of combat compared to +45 from merc treads. this is a 60 ms difference! this is huge if you plan on doing any of 1. Warding and 2. Roaming/Ganking! Literally the only job a support has early/midgame out of lane!!!! Sona's job is usually as an initiator or supplemental initiator, so the extra 60 movespeed is more helpful if you plan on doing any kind of initial combat actions

as previous posters have said Sona is so fragile that building Treads on her is a waste of gold, unless the enemy team has 4 AP champions and MR is like 300% more efficient vs. the enemy team's damage
if you are worried about dying, instead of wasting 200 gold on worse stats for a support try building Aegis, a noted good support item that counters magic damage, and Mobility boots, an item that lets you run away from danger at first sight for much safer warding

Merc treads just in general are not very good on anyone that is ranged or squishy, they are always best for champions that want to soak up a lot of crowd control such as tanks or bruisers, or assassin types into heavy CC that live and die on the .5s difference in crowd control (like Fiora Diana Talon or Zed)

Ya pretty much this and what everyone else said. The best shoes on Sona are probably mobis or cdr shoes. I would CDR shoes because roaming on Sona isn't as good as on Thresh or Blitz. Sona roam is garbage unless you have your ult but its better to keep it for your lane.

If your not a pleb who takes thunderlords. You can spam heals with windspeaker blessing buff with 45% cdr. I normally don't run cdr blues on a squishy champ like Sona because it makes you almost a free kill on most matchups. Frostfang's last upgrade is useless so I never build it its good on Morg because slow helps u land your q to get picks. You can get 45%cdr if you build like this. 5% from mastery, 10% ardent censer, 10%zekes, 10% aegis item and 10% cdr shoes. Also its hard to hit good ults unless you flash ult and cdr shoes + insight mastery your at 25% summoner spell cdr.

You can spam e imo Mobi's isn't that good on Sona because people can just walk away from her ganks unless you fully commit and use ult. Still harassing a lane can give advantage to your teammate but in general when you leave your lane u want to get something like a kill or summoner. Sorc shoes or Swifties are also a good option. Swifties if they have rylais + lots of slows. Sorc shoes if you have cdr in runes or just want more dmg in lane.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Alright well, I'm going to keep being D2 maining Sona and buying boots that aren't poo poo mobis, so I guess do whatever you want?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

oh ya, i forgot that at high elo you cant make bad itemization choices

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i've had some bad luck with my free crafting chests lately, getting 3 ward skin shards and 2 jinx shards in my last five boxes, and i got to thinking that it's a bit ridiculous that ward skins are valued the same as champ skins in the chest system, or that some of the ward skins cost 640 rp.

some of us are clearly stupider with money than others and value dressing up our barbies, but are there people actually cycling through a roster of ward skins? most people seem to find 0-3 they like and just use those forever. or am i way off base with that?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

i've had some bad luck with my free crafting chests lately, getting 3 ward skin shards and 2 jinx shards in my last five boxes, and i got to thinking that it's a bit ridiculous that ward skins are valued the same as champ skins in the chest system, or that some of the ward skins cost 640 rp.

some of us are clearly stupider with money than others and value dressing up our barbies, but are there people actually cycling through a roster of ward skins? most people seem to find 0-3 they like and just use those forever. or am i way off base with that?

I think I have like four and I always use the base one :/

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

rabidsquid posted:

oh ya, i forgot that at high elo you cant make bad itemization choices

Lol

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Mercs are good on sona situationally, just like every boot.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

I've gotten a couple ward skins from boxes and gifts, but either I forget to switch skins or I remember to switch but I immediately regret not using gingerbread teemo because that's by far my favorite.

I'll cycle through multiple champ skins regularly (riot please add a random skin button to champ select), but I don't like changing ward skins for whatever reason

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

How Rude posted:

Out of combat movement speed is great for warding, but it means that if you ever get caught by anyone who has any kind of slow you are 100% dead, as opposed to having a chance at getting away with swifties or merc treads.

I really feel like you're wrong about this. I'm not talking about having 3+ dogpile you; you're dead as Sona no matter what boots you have if that happens. A good example: yesterday I played a game where their Syndra flash E > R'd me midgame. I lived at ~5% hp because I had an extra 25 MR and was able to get a W on myself before the last of the ult hit me.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Super Librarian posted:

I've gotten a couple ward skins from boxes and gifts, but either I forget to switch skins or I remember to switch but I immediately regret not using gingerbread teemo because that's by far my favorite.

I'll cycle through multiple champ skins regularly (riot please add a random skin button to champ select), but I don't like changing ward skins for whatever reason

i have a few ward skins from various things too and i rarely switch off my wriggle ward. champion skins are fun and some have different effects and stuff, but in general you just see your champ for the whole game. i think ward skins are fun, but you see them for all of 1 second usually before they disappear into transparency as they sit in a brush. it's hard to see your champ skin in a brush, let alone your ward skins. i think that makes it so you're less likely to think about it and it also makes it less likely you'd be motivated to switch because you aren't gonna notice as much.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
magic resistance is cool and good, and supports have too many cool items to take up slots as-is to go for a dedicated mr item

mobility boots are good but also pretty boring imo

RYang
Dec 5, 2012

Neurolimal posted:

magic resistance is cool and good, and supports have too many cool items to take up slots as-is to go for a dedicated mr item

Mikael's + Locket is already 70 MR.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
buy a zzrot portal please

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Tired Moritz posted:

buy a zzrot portal please

lol what is this June

e: seriously though Zz'rot is still okay in certain situations I build it on support and jungle sometimes

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 22, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
it's my fave defensive item because it gives a good passive, good easy to use active and it's also fun to bait enemies with it.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Definitely not a ward is the best ward skin because of the little HONK HONK sound it makes.

This is the extent of my expertise in League of Legends.

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

rabidsquid posted:

This is accurate to how I feel. I crafted the gentleman poro ward skin and haven't changed it since. I think there was a moment where I had crafter's remorse and now I disenchant every ward skin shard that I open.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
according to op.gg you're all wrong and the best boot is sorc shoes

everyone buy sorc shoes

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Is that av the result of something in the competitive thread, rabidsquid?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Mystery Prize posted:

Alright well, I'm going to keep being D2 maining Sona and buying boots that aren't poo poo mobis, so I guess do whatever you want?

if we're going to play this stupid "my rank is a bit higher than yours so you're wrong" thing CDR boots are 55% built and Mobility about 30% on probuilds.net for Sona :shrug:

http://www.probuilds.net/champions/details/Sona

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Aumanor posted:

my good and attractive friend lovechop understands that KOG MAW IS BACK BABAYYYYY

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Aumanor posted:

its the result of somethin alright

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

How Rude posted:

if we're going to play this stupid "my rank is a bit higher than yours so you're wrong" thing CDR boots are 55% built and Mobility about 30% on probuilds.net for Sona :shrug:

http://www.probuilds.net/champions/details/Sona
That's not what I'm saying at all; I'm saying that I've found them to work the best, so I'm going to stick to using them. If you find mobis to work better for your playstyle, more power to you.

I just don't like being condescended to, as if I don't know how to play the champ. :(

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Sep 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Holy poo poo, I just got Pulsefire Ez as a mystery gift from Riot. I don't even like playing Ezreal.

• Locked thread