Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
stewart brokebrained and now hes at a farm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Putin!!!! :argh:

https://twitter.com/StatsbyLopez/status/807416840192458752

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

And people thought the Clinton Campaign was on Obama's level lol.

Very badly run campaign, that somehow managed to lose multiple safe blue states.

Serf
May 5, 2011

here's an idea: start building up the Democratic party and not just the candidate for president. obviously this is very much on a local level, but we gotta start setting up political machines that can turn out for a national election, but we start that by getting people involved in the actual party on the ground by running candidates for local races, having them support each other, and get people on message about what we stand for. I know plenty of people who will vote straight R every time regardless of anything, but rarely do I see that kinda devotion to our side

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Serf posted:

here's an idea: start building up the Democratic party and not just the candidate for president. obviously this is very much on a local level, but we gotta start setting up political machines that can turn out for a national election, but we start that by getting people involved in the actual party on the ground by running candidates for local races, having them support each other, and get people on message about what we stand for. I know plenty of people who will vote straight R every time regardless of anything, but rarely do I see that kinda devotion to our side

smug democrats were glad that Obama won two elections but didn't realize they lost very badly on the downticket level.

As a result Obama wasn't able to get as much done since the GOP controlled the house and more importantly most of the state governments.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

But I thought concerned citizen said this was one of the STRENGTHS of her campaign? Idk who to believe anymore.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

But I thought concerned citizen said this was one of the STRENGTHS of her campaign? Idk who to believe anymore.

Makes me laugh how despite bad dems like Concerned Citizen and Pinterest Mom harping about up her well run campaign, it was actually riddled with weaknesses.

Obama, great leader who ran good campaigns and hired the right people.

Hillary made her her own knockoff version of it and was exposed as a fraud that couldn't defeat Trump.

So fun to list all the faceplants
-GOTV was misguided basis premise,didn't focus on converting fence sitting voters
-Hillary put barely any resources into midwest states
-Lost a large share of people who voted for Obama in both elections
-Thought that ditching the working class to convert rich voters was a good idea
-Very bad messaging
-Used her influence to get DNC staff to undermine Bernie and ended looking like poo poo when it got exposed
-Didn't consider the possibility that she could lose, while Trump did massive amounts of campaigning in swing states with 4-5 rallies a day

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Baloogan posted:

even your precious "nasty women" and "bad hombre" memes are things the god emperor said.

naaa bitch i wear this in support of nasty women regardless, smdh if u dont support nastay women

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
if the god emperor didn't say it you wouldn't be wearin it. memed by the best in the biz: trump.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
he only reminded me that i was lax in my duty (to sincerely appreciate that booty)

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I don't know it sounds like FAKE NEWS

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Baloogan posted:

if the god emperor didn't say it you wouldn't be wearin it. memed by the best in the biz: trump.

drat, balooger is right once again

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

https://twitter.com/CoryBooker/status/806876169438167040

My dick gets really hard when a future presidential candidate tweets quotes like this <3 <3

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

My dick gets really hard when a future presidential candidate tweets quotes like this <3 <3

(the only time Teddy wasn't jizzing over the presidency like it was the throne of God in America was when Wilson wasn't getting America in to WWI fast enough)

Serf
May 5, 2011

Fidel Cuckstro posted:

haha loving Cory Booker using quotes from Roosevelt, a guy who fought against big business and banker cronies like him

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Serf posted:

haha loving Cory Booker using quotes from Roosevelt, a guy who fought against big business and banker cronies like him

Yeah taking the risky risky move of "advocating the abstract idea of criticizing the most criticizeable President ever, as a member of the other political party from him" isn't the kind of thing I'm gonna fall all over myself praising Cory loving Booker for

e: why is his Twitter av a snapchat thing

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

loquacius posted:

Yeah taking the risky risky move of "advocating the abstract idea of criticizing the most criticizeable President ever, as a member of the other political party from him" isn't the kind of thing I'm gonna fall all over myself praising Cory loving Booker for

e: why is his Twitter av a snapchat thing

I guess we'll never have to worry about criticizing president Hillary Clinton

etalian has issued a correction as of 16:04 on Dec 10, 2016

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Serf posted:

https://twitter.com/keithellison/status/807594871334825984

https://twitter.com/keithellison/status/807595919344619520

this guy ... gets it????

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Serf posted:

The Defender of Bain Capital ®

Serf
May 5, 2011

all other things about Keith pale in comparison to the fact that he understand the importance of local organizing and activism. hopefully as DNC chair he starts drilling this into peoples heads and they start listening because gently caress the dems need local operations

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

The Defender of Bain Capital ®

I remembered the other day that Rush Limbaugh said that The Dark Knight Rises was anti-Republican propaganda because the villain was named Bane, and that was subliminal messaging against Mittens because he'd worked for Bain Capital lol

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

etalian posted:

smug democrats were glad that Obama won two elections but didn't realize they lost very badly on the downticket level.

As a result Obama wasn't able to get as much done since the GOP controlled the house and more importantly most of the state governments.

they won overwhelmingly in 2008, they just pissed away their majority doing fuckall and then acted surprised when they got demolished in the midterms because they had basically nothing to show for the past two years

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Main Paineframe posted:

they won overwhelmingly in 2008, they just pissed away their majority doing fuckall and then acted surprised when they got demolished in the midterms because they had basically nothing to show for the past two years

Going after wall street would have helped but Obama/dems didn't want to turn on their finance sector donors.

https://twitter.com/HRCintheWild/status/805607887913545728

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

etalian posted:

Going after wall street would have helped but Obama/dems didn't want to turn on their finance sector donors.

Why won't she just go away? Is her ego that big that she just can't let it go?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

etalian posted:

she's made it back into human settlements, this is a good sign

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SimonCat posted:

She also blamed things like fake news for losing instead of bad leadership and lack of vision for her campaign.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

amazed she ever showed her face in public again after sending Podesta to tell her weeping, shuddering supporters to just go home on the night of revelation

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

zeal posted:

amazed she ever showed her face in public again after sending Podesta to tell her weeping, shuddering supporters to just go home on the night of revelation

yeah that was pretty lol.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zeal posted:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://mobile.twitter.com/HRCintheWild/status/807053605949816833

Jesus loving Christ lol

Turn up the volume for this one

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

tower time posted:

I haven't talked to a friend of 10+ years for several weeks since she accused myself and other midwesterners of being part of a vast conspiracy to lie about our voting intentions so Clinton would not visit or spend money here.

Is it true???

Baloogan posted:

you cant force mems, and there were some horrible horrible forced mems that you loving cucks infested cspam with

"yasss queen"

trump mems were natural as gently caress and naturally dank

sanders memes were natural too

tbh I only ever saw yasss queeen used as a "lol you memes suck rear end owned" sorta way. Even abuela was sorta in a "lol she called herself this" sorta way. Memes really do predict presidents.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

SimonCat posted:

Part of me thinks these "sightings of Hillary in the wild" are part of a PR campaign to run in 2020.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

this one actually helps her make a lot more sense to me. of course she failed to learn anything over the last 8+ years if when the only time she exited the bubble of her traveling court it was to this sort of simpering adoration

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Joementum posted:

Meanwhile, Senate Democrats are laser focused on the real problem in America: Hamilton tickets.

Okay this is 100 pages back because I'm a week behind or so but :psyduck:

How is broadway's outdated way of handling ticket sales something the US Government has to stop!??
There's technology now that the theatres can literally just sell it now with digital stubs that can't be xferred, or ones that have a digital form for said xfer.
Perhaps try on the consumer end to fix the problem instead of rely on washington? Hell, limit it to 2-3 tickets per payment method and the bots will have to basically be stealing people's identities (which is an actual crime in itself), and then also flag orders based on recipient addresses too. Introduce a way to invalidate tickets that are flagged, etc. etc.

Oh wait that'd ruin Broadway's precious profits to invest into an actual solution. Some "Legit" non-bot resellers were supporting that bill because it hurt their profits of scalping tickets via hand/craigslist, wonder where some of those people get their tickets :ironicat:

Not that this actually really stops bots, which the controllers are usually based in foreign countries they can't really do much about.

loving Hamilton lol.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

talk about your personality cults

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Didn't Clinton and the DNC explicitly back Trump in the primaries because they thought he would be an easier candidate to take down?

Sounds like the DNC rigged the election for Trump as much as the Russians did. Arrest em for treason!

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!
All these idiots upset over ticket scalping bots but don't give a gently caress about the booming industry of algorithm bot trading on every financial market that earns rich people money for loving nothing and ruins the very foundation of investments for everyone else who doesn't have a supercomputer algo reacting to market changes in real time.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

etalian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCkmIyC6v00

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

All these idiots upset over ticket scalping bots but don't give a gently caress about the booming industry of algorithm bot trading on every financial market that earns rich people money for loving nothing and ruins the very foundation of investments for everyone else who doesn't have a supercomputer algo reacting to market changes in real time.

actually microtransactions improve market fluidity which makes the market more efficient and I need that bonus to pay for my third house sorry your mom died because she can't afford medical treatment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

It'd be hilarious if they defined tickets vague enough to somehow technically include stocks.

Probably won't happen, but still would be hilarious.

Although would it count if they sold at a loss?

• Locked thread