Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That change to the warhead junction boss kicks rear end. I loving hated the stupid slime trail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

IIRC you could farm the minions it poo poo out for XP, too. If you had someone good enough at it, you'd basically be getting a fourth lane's worth of soak.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Is it just me, or does the mount in the Deckard bundle look like a mobility scooter?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

6+ minute queue in QM to play Deckard Cain wtf

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

AlmightyBob posted:

6+ minute queue in QM to play Deckard Cain wtf
Do you think that's long for a new busted hero on launch day?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

It seems rather high for a support hero, yeah. By the way, what talents are good on Deckard Cain?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Goddamn he's gonna get nerfed hard huh

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Take the refilling potion talents and solo bosses, don't be weak.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Liking the xp bonus off autoselect.

But not liking auto losing because of rando comp.

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Cain trip report: Great healing and area control offset by your team fighting over the potions instead of actually playing the game.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

But for real, when someone keeps jacking them to top off, when you're actually low health. Like f off man I need my potion fix.

Also played against "NotParadox" in qm,
this dude: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zExcU9a-CQ
He does like teaching videos that are pretty good.

Of course 3/5 of our team was running purple man for the bonus xp so we got some garbage comp. Dragged the match out of almost 30 min though so a good loss.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Stay Awhile is a good ult if your team is coordinated and your ETC takes Mosh Pit.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Yeah, Diablo's ult also works, even better since you literally just press R.

New Genji seems ok. Dragonblade is definitely worse at 10, but still better than x-strike which seems real poo poo. Like hitting dudes twice with D-blade is better?? The reduction in the E distance isn't too much of a pain to get used to.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

I’d already been playing a bunch of Leoric to gently caress with Fenixes, and now he’s even more fun against Deckard Cain because I can laugh off his telegraphed CC

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Leoric also has the best choice of level 20 talents.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

appropriatemetaphor posted:

New Genji seems ok. Dragonblade is definitely worse at 10, but still better than x-strike which seems real poo poo. Like hitting dudes twice with D-blade is better?? The reduction in the E distance isn't too much of a pain to get used to.

Picking X-strike is mostly about the disjoint and the relatively safe burst.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Just had a game as the Hammer where the opposing team was bad. Goddamn, that tank feels amazing when nobody gangs up on you.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

appropriatemetaphor posted:

X-Strike is good because it makes you invulnerable. It's also pretty good with the level 20. Dragon Blade is good if you have teammates that support you with heals and peels.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Eraflure posted:

Picking X-strike is mostly about the level 20 resets

ftfy

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Cain with only 44% winrate out of the gate. Pretty interesting because all the streamers I watched were dominating and calling him OP. Perhaps it's another Medivh situation*, where his winrate blows but in the hands of skilled players is annoyingly good.

*not release Medivh which if I recall was actually trash.

On another note, I only played one game yesterday, and it's weird watching people try to dodge Cain's triangle stun thing. Like he barely got me ever, you just pick a direction and keep walking that way. But other people? It's like they see the edge of the triangle as if it's something they can't cross. "Oh here's that triangle poo poo again, let me go this wa- poo poo! There's a line on teh ground, let me go the other way! gently caress I didn't make it out!"

Elysium fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 25, 2018

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
All the Cains I played with yesterday role played as kindly grandpas in chat and it was good stuff

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I didn't think I'd like the 2D portraits in draft but it's actually nice. Something was extra tilting about seeing the weird slow motion head gyrations of bad pre-picks.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Elysium posted:

On another note, I only played one game yesterday, and it's weird watching people try to dodge Cain's triangle stun thing. Like he barely got me ever, you just pick a direction and keep walking that way. But other people? It's like they see the edge of the triangle as if it's something they can't cross. "Oh here's that triangle poo poo again, let me go this wa- poo poo! There's a line on teh ground, let me go the other way! gently caress I didn't make it out!"

Jaina casts ring of frost directly on top of someone. They immediately try to run out of the center and get super glued to the floor by the outer edge and then get dog piled by the enemy team.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The thing that's annoying for me about it is that if you want to land the scroll, you want to go Cube to slow, then the scroll. But every single one of the talents about the interaction between Cube and Scroll want you to toss Scroll first then hit them with cube.

The one that gives you spellpower on hits with Scroll is particularly baffling.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Dire Human posted:

I’d already been playing a bunch of Leoric to gently caress with Fenixes, and now he’s even more fun against Deckard Cain because I can laugh off his telegraphed CC

can confirm... enemy team also had kerrigan and maiev

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Kurieg posted:

The thing that's annoying for me about it is that if you want to land the scroll, you want to go Cube to slow, then the scroll. But every single one of the talents about the interaction between Cube and Scroll want you to toss Scroll first then hit them with cube.

Why do you find that baffling? The level 1 gives you +15% spellpower per target (up to 30%) and lasts for 15 seconds. The cooldown on your scroll is 16 seconds but is cut in half by your trait. You cast scroll, you hit two targets, and then your next scroll has +30% spellpower.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Just played a QM because I'm at work on my lunch hour, and my boss interrupted me twice

Thankfully we were lvl 20 both times (looong game) and refilling potions meant I was always doing my job even when dead and AFK :kamina:

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

All the Cains I played with yesterday role played as kindly grandpas in chat and it was good stuff

Most of the Cains I played with yesterday played like grandpas with dementia

The most common insane thing I saw yesterday was multiple Cains throwing potions away from the team during teamfights so they could get value out of Super Healing Potion

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I think Cain will be super OP at the high end. He has super slows, roots, and the potions seem to give incredible sustain. I think he'll be a total clusterfuck in the low elo world, however.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Gobbeldygook posted:

Why do you find that baffling? The level 1 gives you +15% spellpower per target (up to 30%) and lasts for 15 seconds. The cooldown on your scroll is 16 seconds but is cut in half by your trait. You cast scroll, you hit two targets, and then your next scroll has +30% spellpower.
Pedantic, but the (default) trait doesn't halve your cooldowns, it makes them recharge 50% faster, which is different. That figures out to a 33.3% (repeating, of course) cooldown reduction assuming 100% uptime. If you want halved cooldowns, you need to take Safety in Numbers at 16.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

bio347 posted:

Pedantic, but the (default) trait doesn't halve your cooldowns, it makes them recharge 50% faster, which is different. That figures out to a 33.3% (repeating, of course) cooldown reduction assuming 100% uptime. If you want halved cooldowns, you need to take Safety in Numbers at 16.

Also the default trait seems to only check if there are people in your raidus ever X Seconds and if they are then it removes Y seconds from the cooldown. If someone dives out of your radius during that pulse but then comes back you don't get the cooldown reduction.

Even then the spellpower buff lasts 15 seconds and your scroll is back up at 10, better make that shot count if you want to roll the stacks while you're also trying to heal people.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

BrianBoitano posted:

no nerfs to Zagara infest :getin:

I just tried her in Try mode, and I think the change is noticeable. I'm pumped to try out splitpush queen f'real later. Has anybody done this?

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Dire Human posted:

Had a game last night where I dropped a bunker, everyone got in before his ult went off, and we flamethrowered him dead while he was rooted from channeling.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kurieg posted:

Spellpower affects your healing.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

SirSamVimes posted:

Spellpower affects your healing.

I wonder if the spell power is snapshotted when you throw the potion, or if it checks what your spell power is when they pick up the potion.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Yukari posted:

I wonder if the spell power is snapshotted when you throw the potion, or if it checks what your spell power is when they pick up the potion.

Considering if you pick up the "shield on potion" or "HoT + Mana on potion" talent your potions that you have thrown out prior will get that property added I think it's when the potion is grabbed.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

the best part of Cain is during a sustained push post 20 he can drop five refilling potions, die, and suffer no decrease in effectiveness at all. It’s like we still have a healer!

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Cast scroll first then cube, so they're slowed around the time they notice the triangle being slowly drawn around them.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Wait how does Leoric clown Fenix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Anyone have impressions on how good Deckard is compared to other supports?