Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

creatine posted:

You know there's someone lovely enough that if they didn't put the warning on there, they'd sue the company for allergic reactions

People who are allergic to one or two types of tree nut are not necessarily allergic to all types. So if you were someone who really loved Cashews, but hazelnuts will kill you, then you could theoretically find a place that only packages Cashews and enjoy them. But if it's packaged in a plant that handles other nuts too, you might want to avoid that product to prevent death.

This is why a package of cashews will give a warning that it could be contaminated with any sort of Tree Nut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

All you fuckers working Thanksgiving and here I am in a state where stores aren't even allowed to do stock work that day.

Like, we have to be out by 11:59pm on Wednesday and no one can be back until 12:01am Friday.

Pentaghastly
Mar 26, 2016
Oh finally a day off after a particularly hellish week!

"Hey any chance you can work 12-5 today?"

No, I can't, but thanks for ruining my day off because now I'll be full of guilt for not covering because thats just who I am as a person

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kilonum posted:

All you fuckers working Thanksgiving and here I am in a state where stores aren't even allowed to do stock work that day.

Like, we have to be out by 11:59pm on Wednesday and no one can be back until 12:01am Friday.

Seems like hell for Good Friday but nice for anyone who actually wants Thanksgiving off.

Kinda depressed how a few years back it seemed like stuff being open on Thanksgiving was somewhat new/rare, and now it seems like the standard.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Oxyclean posted:

Seems like hell for Good Friday but nice for anyone who actually wants Thanksgiving off.

Kinda depressed how a few years back it seemed like stuff being open on Thanksgiving was somewhat new/rare, and now it seems like the standard.

I found it interesting that there were some articles going around about what stores weren't going to be open on Thanksgiving. Kid of a weird state of affairs, IMO.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

Only people of means with 'real' jobs deserve to have days off.

The best part of this are the people that come in to shop and say, "What a shame it is that ya'll are working today. They should let you stay at home!"

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

UZworm posted:

This does not extend to the second Walgreens I worked at, where they understaffed us like gently caress and someone seemed to call out literally every day and oh my god gently caress everyone there

That right there is the bitch: the more understaffed the store is, the more everyone hates working there, and the more everyone hates working there, the more frequently they call off.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Eric the Mauve posted:

That right there is the bitch: the more understaffed the store is, the more everyone hates working there, and the more everyone hates working there, the more frequently they call off.

If corporations weren't so focused on their quarterly and yearly numbers they'd be trying to stop this poo poo.

Seriously, if they actually gave a drat and supported their employees they'd have to fire/hire train less, and they'd probably experience growth. People would love to shop at the store of happy employees.

Instead the end of the 4th quarter draws near and shareholders X, Y, and Z promised both their mistresses yachts with a ski lodge on them.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Beastie posted:

If corporations weren't so focused on their quarterly and yearly numbers they'd be trying to stop this poo poo.

Seriously, if they actually gave a drat and supported their employees they'd have to fire/hire train less, and they'd probably experience growth. People would love to shop at the store of happy employees.

This exists and it's called the Apple Store.

Almost the entire retail industry is fighting a long losing struggle for survival. In the long run the industry as it's existed for the past 100 years is doomed, though it would have lasted a few decades longer if the people in charge weren't so shortsighted with things like staffing. But it's not going to turn around.

The other thing the entire industry is dead wrong about is the way it bends over for the worst customers at the expense of employees and of good customers. But it's moot now, as the death spiral deepens these CEOs aren't going to start investing more right-now money in long term strategies like finding and retaining good employees and pursuing the loyalty of good customers while happily making bad customers their competitors' problem.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Only people of means with 'real' jobs deserve to have days off.

The best part of this are the people that come in to shop and say, "What a shame it is that ya'll are working today. They should let you stay at home!"

I remember one weekend we had some contractors doing some major stuff, and about 20 fuckers came in and talked to me about how amazing it is to see people working on Sunday.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Eric the Mauve posted:

This exists and it's called the Apple Store.

Almost the entire retail industry is fighting a long losing struggle for survival. In the long run the industry as it's existed for the past 100 years is doomed, though it would have lasted a few decades longer if the people in charge weren't so shortsighted with things like staffing. But it's not going to turn around.

The other thing the entire industry is dead wrong about is the way it bends over for the worst customers at the expense of employees and of good customers. But it's moot now, as the death spiral deepens these CEOs aren't going to start investing more right-now money in long term strategies like finding and retaining good employees and pursuing the loyalty of good customers while happily making bad customers their competitors' problem.

Amazon US had better customer service than any brick-and-mortar that I have ever dealt with.

And I don't *even* live in the States

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
The great thing about having a full-time non-retail job is that I now feel perfectly comfortable giving 0 fucks when customers complain to me.

I'm sorry you bought flooring for 50% off, haggled my department supervisor down an extra couple hundred dollars, and are completely surprised that the pallets contain a few damaged boxes. Gosh, what a terrible place we are. Your complaints are totally justified, yep!

:fuckoff: Have a nice day!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

UZworm posted:

To be fair, even at well-staffed jobs losing a person depending on the day can still be incredibly lovely. I always felt bad when I missed a day because lord knows how upset I always was when other people missed.

This does not extend to the second Walgreens I worked at, where they understaffed us like gently caress and someone seemed to call out literally every day and oh my god gently caress everyone there

Respectfully, I would submit that if one person calling out makes it a lovely day, there is no way that can be called "well staffed."

Also, when you are understaffed like that it is pretty natural to have people calling out at they are getting worn down running all the time and being stressed out, and it's a matter of time before they get sick. And since work is hell anyway, perhaps they have less incentive to tough it out if they have the sniffles. And I put that ALL on the company.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
When I was in four days ago, I received a case of vegetables that had bad seams. None of the bags were shut. None of them. I sealed up the case so they wouldn't get everywhere, and threw it in damaged.

Came in today to find it back on my shelf. I didn't notice until I took it out to the floor to stock it, because WHY would you ever take something OUT of damaged? This time I upended the whole goddamn box into the damage crate and spilled vegetables everywhere inside of it.

Dumb motherfuckers. I make your job easier, you make mine harder.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

When I was in four days ago, I received a case of vegetables that had bad seams. None of the bags were shut. None of them. I sealed up the case so they wouldn't get everywhere, and threw it in damaged.

Came in today to find it back on my shelf. I didn't notice until I took it out to the floor to stock it, because WHY would you ever take something OUT of damaged? This time I upended the whole goddamn box into the damage crate and spilled vegetables everywhere inside of it.

Dumb motherfuckers. I make your job easier, you make mine harder.

I received a case of chicken strips that had a damaged bag, so I just threw the bag into a garbage can and got the credit slip from the shipper. I came back in to find the damaged bag on the counter, where someone was preparing to use it. No poo poo, someone took food OUT OF A GARBAGE CAN and was going to use it to serve to customers. People are loving stupid.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe

Yes, the barter system and regular functions of fiat currency for material goods from physical locations is going to cease worldwide and be replaced entirely with automated vending machines that only accept blood for goods because [insert x megacorp here] says so.

We'll certainly see a rise in automation that does away with a lot of customer facing retail workers and hopefully back of the house stock workers too, but the complete liquidation of literally every single type of sales shop everywhere in favor of beep boop drone home delivery is asinine.

cephalopods
Aug 11, 2013

I yearn for a day when all my customers are either my store's personal shoppers, or the uber-for-groceries people.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

MC Hawking posted:

Yes, the barter system and regular functions of fiat currency for material goods from physical locations is going to cease worldwide and be replaced entirely with automated vending machines that only accept blood for goods because [insert x megacorp here] says so.

We'll certainly see a rise in automation that does away with a lot of customer facing retail workers and hopefully back of the house stock workers too, but the complete liquidation of literally every single type of sales shop everywhere in favor of beep boop drone home delivery is asinine.

You say that, but in 20 years you'll be sending your car to go pick up your groceries, your Gap order, and your dry cleaning while you stay at home and eat cricket protein.

Pentaghastly
Mar 26, 2016
A lady rolled her eyes at me after I apologized for her wait for her stupid latte and a man got into a shouting match with the store manager over his stupid latte and was asked to leave. Happy Tuesday.

cephalopods
Aug 11, 2013

dear management: you can order three thanksgivings worth of product if you want, it's still not doing anyone any good if you can't find the manpower to stock it.

regards,
everyone with half a brain

ps: I have no idea how I'm finding room to unload tonight's truck(s), because it's 6pm and we've barely touched last night's stuff

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Let me give you an example of the dumb poo poo that makes me lust for retail death.

Our store has two kinds of hats you can wear, baseball caps, and beanies. As someone that works in frozen food, I've been trying to get a beanie for a while. The problem is, we're getting ready to transition to a new uniform, so the website doesn't have any. This has been the story for months, and it'll take a long rear end time for us to finish the switch. Why can't I get a NEW version of the cap? Who the gently caress knows.

Now winter's here. As someone that's regularly sent outside, I want. The loving. Hat.

Tired of waiting, I asked the grocery manager if I could get a hat that matched my store hoodie. "Yeah, sure."

Just to make sure, I asked the assistant store manager the same thing. "Yeah, sure."

I bought the hat.

Twenty minutes on the floor, and nobody said anything. Not the assistant store manager, who I spent time working with. Not the grocery manager. But, on her way out for the night, the store manager ( who was waddling around with the grocery manager), saw me, and said, "You can't wear that."

"Why not? It matches my uniform." And it did.

She said, "It doesn't say Food Co on it."

I waved at the grocery manager. "I've been trying to get one from the company website. The website doesn't have any because of the uniform transition. I asked if I could have one that was the same color as my uniform, he said yes."

Grocery manager said, "I didn't say that."

At this point, I was loving disgusted. I'd wasted money on a hat I couldn't wear, because while it was exactly the same as the company hat, it lacked some dumb poo poo stitching on the brim. It's OK if people gently caress around and don't do their work, leave expired poo poo on the shelves, etc, but this Mickey Mouse bullshit is something that matters?

"What if I took some crayons and drew the company logo on my forehead, would that work?" I took the lack of response for a no, removed the hat, and shuffled off.

If you're wondering why I might want a hat when I have a hoodie, it's because we can't wear our hoods if we're anywhere but the backroom. Yes, this includes people who lean into freezers all day. No, you can't wear your hood up when you're outside.

NerdyMcNerdNerd fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 22, 2017

cephalopods
Aug 11, 2013

I ordered myself a blue fleece sweatshirt a couple weeks ago, came into work, signed a memo saying that we can only wear blue fleece sweatshirts with the company logo on them (available from the store secretary for honestly a pretty fair price). Went home that night, started the amazon return procedure on my new sweatshirt.

In the past two weeks I've seen our secretary exactly once. She's on first shift, I'm on second. She ordered one in my size (or said she would, at least) but I haven't been able to pay / pick it up yet.

It's pretty cold outside.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Hat Dumbassery
I'm a security guard but one of my previous supervisors tried to give me poo poo for wearing a bucket hat instead of a ballcap with SECURITY across the front of it. Had to demonstrate for the motherfucker that the Security ballcap is literally too small to fit on my head before he'd shut the gently caress up about it.

What's that? Order a bigger one? Hell no, that would've required effort on his part.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Being a retail manager at 90% or companies is a horrendously lovely job that's in some ways actually even worse than just being a minimum wage slave. Really the only upside to it is being able to get off on making your slaves suffer for no reason besides pure power tripping, which is why retail management tends to attract the kind of people it does. And the retail companies understand this perfectly well.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Let me give you an example of the dumb poo poo that makes me lust for retail death.

Our store has two kinds of hats you can wear, baseball caps, and beanies. As someone that works in frozen food, I've been trying to get a beanie for a while. The problem is, we're getting ready to transition to a new uniform, so the website doesn't have any. This has been the story for months, and it'll take a long rear end time for us to finish the switch. Why can't I get a NEW version of the cap? Who the gently caress knows.

Now winter's here. As someone that's regularly sent outside, I want. The loving. Hat.

Tired of waiting, I asked the grocery manager if I could get a hat that matched my store hoodie. "Yeah, sure."

Just to make sure, I asked the assistant store manager the same thing. "Yeah, sure."

I bought the hat.

Twenty minutes on the floor, and nobody said anything. Not the assistant store manager, who I spent time working with. Not the grocery manager. But, on her way out for the night, the store manager ( who was waddling around with the grocery manager), saw me, and said, "You can't wear that."

"Why not? It matches my uniform." And it did.

She said, "It doesn't say Food Co on it."

I waved at the grocery manager. "I've been trying to get one from the company website. The website doesn't have any because of the uniform transition. I asked if I could have one that was the same color as my uniform, he said yes."

Grocery manager said, "I didn't say that."

At this point, I was loving disgusted. I'd wasted money on a hat I couldn't wear, because while it was exactly the same as the company hat, it lacked some dumb poo poo stitching on the brim. It's OK if people gently caress around and don't do their work, leave expired poo poo on the shelves, etc, but this Mickey Mouse bullshit is something that matters?

"What if I took some crayons and drew the company logo on my forehead, would that work?" I took the lack of response for a no, removed the hat, and shuffled off.

If you're wondering why I might want a hat when I have a hoodie, it's because we can't wear our hoods if we're anywhere but the backroom. Yes, this includes people who lean into freezers all day. No, you can't wear your hood up when you're outside.

The money isn't wasted. Return it and demand the Goodwill payment on top that you are definitely entitled to. Profit from your managers' dumbassery!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I'm so glad the managers of the restaurant I am currently working out seem to forgot that we would need more then two servers and one busser on one of the busiest travel days of the year.

I'm looking forward to the black Friday lunch being staffed by a skeleton crew too.

Please kill me.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

World Famous W posted:

Please kill me.

Our dairy guy forgot to order eggs. It is a good thing people don't bake on Thanksgiving or anything.

cephalopods
Aug 11, 2013

We ran out of rutabaga the other day and a pair of customers were like "how can you not have rutabega for Thanksgiving? It's traditional!"

what

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
You know shits gonna be weird when you roll up to work and there's a guy in a Pikachu onesie wandering around the parking lot looking shell shocked.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

cephalopods posted:

We ran out of rutabaga the other day and a pair of customers were like "how can you not have rutabega for Thanksgiving? It's traditional!"

what
Are you in an area with lots of Finnish people?

cephalopods
Aug 11, 2013

Yawgmoth posted:

Are you in an area with lots of Finnish people?

not particularly. most of the Scandinavians went further northwest.
anyway we ordered three extra cases of rutabaga in response and we still have basically all of it

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Ēͬ̉̏҉͔̟͍M̴̉ͭ̒͒ͮͅB͚̭̪̱̲̙̍ͥͬ̒͗̅̚R̞̓̅̌̐͗̾͡Ȧ̤̝̃̅̃͒ͯ̆C̼̼̫ͫ͛̓͟E͍̘̳͗͑̾̌ͪͬ́͜ ̙̳͈̦̦̟̺̭̑͐̽Ṯ̶̛̳͔͖͋͆ͪ̂̄ͩH̸̯͍̝̜̙͌̆͆͛̍͑ͅE̋͒͛̎̔̿͏̜̳̦͉͕̪̞͓ ̖̠̠̒ͣͧ́͡͠ͅẺ̲̯̩̬̲͉̎͋̂̍͑̓ͅN̡̞̠̦̯̳͓̪̹͑͌ͦ͐ͭ́͗͌́Ḑ̷̷̦̯̮̫͚ͫ͐ͤ͛̅̈́ ̨̫͚̪̜͎̿̏̈̔ͩͬ́O̡̤͔̟͕̠̟̤̅͂͐̓́̔̋ͮ͢͠F̴̞̦̗̲̪̟̿̄ͫ̄͢ ̙̟ͣ̂̏ͦ̈ͤ̕Ȃ̸̈̎̓̍҉̧̦̲̺͙̖L̖̘̥̠̼̱̂Lͥ̒̓̒̎̈́͢͏̫̠̗̻̰̹ͅ ̳͇͍̼͎̯͍̈͆̇̔̾ͭ͟͡T͔̹͈̎̽͠Ḣ̸̗̱̹̝̯ͨͯͭ̉̇͞Ĩ̡̭͇̤̼ͩͤ̄͗̎̃̕ͅN͇̑ͮͥ̒̀͆ͨ̽̚͟G̛̤̟̩͊͊͂̽͂͡S̵̱̮̣͕̦͖͖͐͌̽̈́̈́̅ ̗̮̯͕̺̬͎̀͌̚͝G̸̴͕̮̓̅͗ͧ͆ͧ́̒O̭̗ͦ́̕͠O͈͚͓̒͌̀ͦ͒̏̂̕D̡̜̥͖̲̮̖͇̰̑͊̌̕͝ ͉͔̝̺̥͇̟̪ͨ͛͑̂̈́̕A̴̶͙͈̤̗̮̦ͥ̈́͠N͉ͯͯ̾̆ͪͥ̓̌͛͜D͍̜̂͂́͝ ̴̨̜͉͎̾̌ͪͬͮH̛̞͉̼̣͍̓ͯ̃͡͝Oͮ҉̻̳̯͖̲̹̖̜̝̀L̵̨͈̦̟̮͖͖̠͆ͦ̓́͗ͭ͆Y͎̬̤͕̜͚̪ͯͥͦͬ̌̿͗͛́ͅ
̓̔ͯ̆ͫ̆ͣ͡͏̪͖̳͇̗̺̼͕̀
̻̺̱̰̊̀ͅŢ̧̹͚̌ͨ̍̍͠H͓͓̺̟̤̝͉͉̓ͬ̆͊̋͂̅̈̈́͞Ȩͭ̓͏̷̭Ŕ̰͎̥̥̦̬ͪ̇ͦ̀ͅEͬͬ͂҉̴͈͔̟ ̨̠͉͇ͮͮ̄̌̾̈̂̒̅͘Ï̈̔͊̆҉̬̥̪̘͚̜Ş̷̹̜̮́̽͋ ̛̺̻̫͖̞̗̇̑͑̕N͉̞ͪ̉̐͆̽̅̏̄̀͠O̘̥͈͖͕̓̄̋͐̔ͥͬ̓T̨͖̙̫͚̼̤̙̣̈̀̎ͬͥ̔̊̚͞H̡̘͍͇̺̃̈ͥ͋ͥI̧̢̠͕̙̘̰̫̞̪ͪͥ̅̂͑̇͘N͚̳̭̙̯̳̱͐̏ͮͤͥ͟G̼̟͔̮̼̙̾ͪͩ͆̋̎́́ ͨͫ̅́͏҉̙̹̯̼̲O̊ͨͦͪ̅̆̏̊̃҉̧̗͓̼͎͍̺F̢̣̪̠̘̼͈ͭͭͮ̾͟ ̵̨͓̘̃̾̍V̶̤͉̦͙̟̹̔͐͆̂ͧ͂̂͠A͎̭̹͂Lͦ͛ͬ̌̍́҉͉̺̝̤U̘̫͙̲̟̔ͣĖ̖͕͚̞̤̓̍́͜ ̦̥̭̅͛̆ͯH̷͙̺̜̠̜̼͊̽̍ͬͦE̵͙̹͉̳̳̫͕̥ͦ̌͑̀̄̑̊͢R̠̯͚͕͓̍̊ͬ͢E̶̘̗͇̬̥̥̓̄͐͐̆͗͑ͣ.̡̣͇͎̂ͥ̓͐ͫͬ̒ͥ
̥̪̺̻̙̙ͣͥ͘͘͜ͅ
̹̭̫͍̘́̒̃ͥͥ̿͠ͅT̛̠͍̞̲̍ͯͫ̇̾ͨ̚U̼̥͇͕̍ͫͯ̂́ͅR̙̞̮̠͚̳̥̓̏̓̒̿ͥ̊ͤ͢͢N̢̖̟ͫ͗̋ͫ ̸̮͔̩͎ͣ͆̈̓̍̽̕Bͫͩ͋̈́͠҉̵͉͇͚͓͇̘A̻̩̪̳̲̰̭̳̮͌ͧ͊̀͡C̷̡̭̞̯̹̤̱͓͕̯̀̾̿͐K̷̬̯̟̗͍̲̯ͮ̅͗̃ͩ͟͢ ̷ͬ͆͗ͦ̊͠͏̺͈̭̫͇͈̰ͅN̨͈̎͒̎̓̈́O̢̠̎̈̇̇̏͆̾ͣW͎̜͚̓̐̿̊̈̓̊̕.̧͎̮̬̟̪ͥ̃̅̀̇͝ ̸̘̞̹̳̰͉̺ͯ́͌ͣ̃̏͌ͪ
̸̷͙̱̣͇̞̈́͂̿ͣͮ̑͐
̢̩́͗̏ͪ͋̅
̡̖͇͕͕̳́̈̿̽͟͝H̷͖̪͐̑A̵̜͍̬͙͖̖̝ͭ̅̅ͦ͘Į̸̦̯͍̳͍͎̹̥ͥͣ̐̆ͯ̏L̴̥̩͓̃͢ ̳͈̤͓̲͉̫̊ͧ͒͑̉̄̅ͭS͔̟͚͂͑͜͡A̛̰̿̔̎̎ͨ͛ͅT̟̻͗̈͒͆A̴̶͖͇̙̝͍ͥ̈͟Ń͐ͩ҉̞̹̲͉̩͓͘.̔ͯ̎͐̔ͪ̽҉̯̟̼̪͓

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

MC Hawking posted:

Ēͬ̉̏҉͔̟͍M̴̉ͭ̒͒ͮͅB͚̭̪̱̲̙̍ͥͬ̒͗̅̚R̞̓̅̌̐͗̾͡Ȧ̤̝̃̅̃͒ͯ̆C̼̼̫ͫ͛̓͟E͍̘̳͗͑̾̌ͪͬ́͜ ̙̳͈̦̦̟̺̭̑͐̽Ṯ̶̛̳͔͖͋͆ͪ̂̄ͩH̸̯͍̝̜̙͌̆͆͛̍͑ͅE̋͒͛̎̔̿͏̜̳̦͉͕̪̞͓ ̖̠̠̒ͣͧ́͡͠ͅẺ̲̯̩̬̲͉̎͋̂̍͑̓ͅN̡̞̠̦̯̳͓̪̹͑͌ͦ͐ͭ́͗͌́Ḑ̷̷̦̯̮̫͚ͫ͐ͤ͛̅̈́ ̨̫͚̪̜͎̿̏̈̔ͩͬ́O̡̤͔̟͕̠̟̤̅͂͐̓́̔̋ͮ͢͠F̴̞̦̗̲̪̟̿̄ͫ̄͢ ̙̟ͣ̂̏ͦ̈ͤ̕Ȃ̸̈̎̓̍҉̧̦̲̺͙̖L̖̘̥̠̼̱̂Lͥ̒̓̒̎̈́͢͏̫̠̗̻̰̹ͅ ̳͇͍̼͎̯͍̈͆̇̔̾ͭ͟͡T͔̹͈̎̽͠Ḣ̸̗̱̹̝̯ͨͯͭ̉̇͞Ĩ̡̭͇̤̼ͩͤ̄͗̎̃̕ͅN͇̑ͮͥ̒̀͆ͨ̽̚͟G̛̤̟̩͊͊͂̽͂͡S̵̱̮̣͕̦͖͖͐͌̽̈́̈́̅ ̗̮̯͕̺̬͎̀͌̚͝G̸̴͕̮̓̅͗ͧ͆ͧ́̒O̭̗ͦ́̕͠O͈͚͓̒͌̀ͦ͒̏̂̕D̡̜̥͖̲̮̖͇̰̑͊̌̕͝ ͉͔̝̺̥͇̟̪ͨ͛͑̂̈́̕A̴̶͙͈̤̗̮̦ͥ̈́͠N͉ͯͯ̾̆ͪͥ̓̌͛͜D͍̜̂͂́͝ ̴̨̜͉͎̾̌ͪͬͮH̛̞͉̼̣͍̓ͯ̃͡͝Oͮ҉̻̳̯͖̲̹̖̜̝̀L̵̨͈̦̟̮͖͖̠͆ͦ̓́͗ͭ͆Y͎̬̤͕̜͚̪ͯͥͦͬ̌̿͗͛́ͅ
̓̔ͯ̆ͫ̆ͣ͡͏̪͖̳͇̗̺̼͕̀
̻̺̱̰̊̀ͅŢ̧̹͚̌ͨ̍̍͠H͓͓̺̟̤̝͉͉̓ͬ̆͊̋͂̅̈̈́͞Ȩͭ̓͏̷̭Ŕ̰͎̥̥̦̬ͪ̇ͦ̀ͅEͬͬ͂҉̴͈͔̟ ̨̠͉͇ͮͮ̄̌̾̈̂̒̅͘Ï̈̔͊̆҉̬̥̪̘͚̜Ş̷̹̜̮́̽͋ ̛̺̻̫͖̞̗̇̑͑̕N͉̞ͪ̉̐͆̽̅̏̄̀͠O̘̥͈͖͕̓̄̋͐̔ͥͬ̓T̨͖̙̫͚̼̤̙̣̈̀̎ͬͥ̔̊̚͞H̡̘͍͇̺̃̈ͥ͋ͥI̧̢̠͕̙̘̰̫̞̪ͪͥ̅̂͑̇͘N͚̳̭̙̯̳̱͐̏ͮͤͥ͟G̼̟͔̮̼̙̾ͪͩ͆̋̎́́ ͨͫ̅́͏҉̙̹̯̼̲O̊ͨͦͪ̅̆̏̊̃҉̧̗͓̼͎͍̺F̢̣̪̠̘̼͈ͭͭͮ̾͟ ̵̨͓̘̃̾̍V̶̤͉̦͙̟̹̔͐͆̂ͧ͂̂͠A͎̭̹͂Lͦ͛ͬ̌̍́҉͉̺̝̤U̘̫͙̲̟̔ͣĖ̖͕͚̞̤̓̍́͜ ̦̥̭̅͛̆ͯH̷͙̺̜̠̜̼͊̽̍ͬͦE̵͙̹͉̳̳̫͕̥ͦ̌͑̀̄̑̊͢R̠̯͚͕͓̍̊ͬ͢E̶̘̗͇̬̥̥̓̄͐͐̆͗͑ͣ.̡̣͇͎̂ͥ̓͐ͫͬ̒ͥ
̥̪̺̻̙̙ͣͥ͘͘͜ͅ
̹̭̫͍̘́̒̃ͥͥ̿͠ͅT̛̠͍̞̲̍ͯͫ̇̾ͨ̚U̼̥͇͕̍ͫͯ̂́ͅR̙̞̮̠͚̳̥̓̏̓̒̿ͥ̊ͤ͢͢N̢̖̟ͫ͗̋ͫ ̸̮͔̩͎ͣ͆̈̓̍̽̕Bͫͩ͋̈́͠҉̵͉͇͚͓͇̘A̻̩̪̳̲̰̭̳̮͌ͧ͊̀͡C̷̡̭̞̯̹̤̱͓͕̯̀̾̿͐K̷̬̯̟̗͍̲̯ͮ̅͗̃ͩ͟͢ ̷ͬ͆͗ͦ̊͠͏̺͈̭̫͇͈̰ͅN̨͈̎͒̎̓̈́O̢̠̎̈̇̇̏͆̾ͣW͎̜͚̓̐̿̊̈̓̊̕.̧͎̮̬̟̪ͥ̃̅̀̇͝ ̸̘̞̹̳̰͉̺ͯ́͌ͣ̃̏͌ͪ
̸̷͙̱̣͇̞̈́͂̿ͣͮ̑͐
̢̩́͗̏ͪ͋̅
̡̖͇͕͕̳́̈̿̽͟͝H̷͖̪͐̑A̵̜͍̬͙͖̖̝ͭ̅̅ͦ͘Į̸̦̯͍̳͍͎̹̥ͥͣ̐̆ͯ̏L̴̥̩͓̃͢ ̳͈̤͓̲͉̫̊ͧ͒͑̉̄̅ͭS͔̟͚͂͑͜͡A̛̰̿̔̎̎ͨ͛ͅT̟̻͗̈͒͆A̴̶͖͇̙̝͍ͥ̈͟Ń͐ͩ҉̞̹̲͉̩͓͘.̔ͯ̎͐̔ͪ̽҉̯̟̼̪͓

And a happy Zalgo to you too.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

"Its absolutely disgusting that retail stores are open today," - the lady with 3 carts full of stuff shopping today.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

grimcreaper posted:

"Its absolutely disgusting that retail stores are open today," - the lady with 3 carts full of stuff shopping today.

Last night, as we were closing up, I grabbed a few last things for the holiday dinner. One of my work friends was stocking shelves, so I stopped to chat. I asked him how late he was working. He said, "We're here until 3AM."

The store closes at 11.

Our store manager, who doesn't have to work today, predicted that the store would be too busy to stock in the morning. Everything would have to be run the night before, and since most these guys normally come in at 5AM, I am sure they were thrilled to be there.

"Man, that loving blows," I told him. "We shouldn't even be open tomorrow."

"But if we're not open, everyone else is going to make all the money," he said. "At least, that's what the store manager would say."

I said, "We? poo poo. Me'n you make the same money no matter what the store clears." We agreed retail sucked, and parted ways.

We worked our asses off but fell short of our sales goal, so I'm sure someone in an office somewhere is going to send an email to a regional manager, who will send an email to a district manager, who will visit the store and waste everyone's time.

Why are we even open. Who wants to go grocery shopping ON Thanksgiving? The whole point is that you sit around and do nothing but eat and drink.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

But what if someone forgot to buy something ahead of time?! Just think of how Thanksgiving will be ruined because the Roberts family forgot to buy cranberry sauce ahead of time!

And what about all those people who don't celebrate Thanksgiving? Who are we to deny them the ability to work on this day? Snowball effect? What's that?

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
My manager had me scrubbing and gravel-vaccing every drat tank we have yesterday and now every time I lift my right arm above my shoulder I get twinges of pain. The "best" part? No one even came over to check on my work or even thank me; the only one who said anything was the coworker I hate who snottily asked if I'd really done every tank.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

dovetaile posted:

My manager had me scrubbing and gravel-vaccing every drat tank we have yesterday and now every time I lift my right arm above my shoulder I get twinges of pain. The "best" part? No one even came over to check on my work or even thank me; the only one who said anything was the coworker I hate who snottily asked if I'd really done every tank.

Man, I'd be seeing a doctor on worker's comp so loving fast if I were in that spot, at least in the state I live in

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Eric the Mauve posted:

Man, I'd be seeing a doctor on worker's comp so loving fast if I were in that spot, at least in the state I live in

Hahaha. I don't get worker's comp; I'm part-time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

dovetaile posted:

Hahaha. I don't get worker's comp; I'm part-time.

Any employee receiving an actual paycheck that has taxes deducted can file for workers comp. Thats the whole point, if you're injured on the job, your employer is responsible. Regardless of how many hours you work.