  • Post
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

mastershakeman posted:

After seeing someone online mention Jim Belushi was incredible in s3 I finally got around to watching it (watched 1/2/fwwm about 5 years ago) and I have to say

Wow. Who the hell knew belushi could be this great

One episode left !

I believe I made a post in this thread nearly three years ago wherein I said the worst thing about Twin Peaks Season 3 is it made me genuinely enjoy a performance by Jim Belushi.

It's just wonderful.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

He does rule in this, as does that other journeyman actor guy Robert Knepper.

I too used to not be into Jim, but I will say, to give kudos, he's great in that underrated 80s movie About Last Night.

Also, on talk of possibly skipping some season 2 stuff. Make sure not to miss the sandwich scene.

https://youtu.be/U6N-YmGuiGw

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Heavy Metal posted:

Also, on talk of possibly skipping some season 2 stuff. Make sure not to miss the sandwich scene.

https://youtu.be/U6N-YmGuiGw

It is in recalling scenes like this one where I finally come to the realization that Jerry Was Always High

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

Heavy Metal posted:

Also, on talk of possibly skipping some season 2 stuff. Make sure not to miss the sandwich scene.

https://youtu.be/U6N-YmGuiGw

this is like the second or third episode of the first season

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Woops! Maybe because people were talking about the Confederate general Horne period, which I still found entertaining. I Mandela/goofed. Just great fun characters to watch all the time.

Take two: no skipping Billy Zane!

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've never met the guy and I've seen very little of his repertoire... but something about Jim belushi makes me think the guy is a real rear end in a top hat in real life

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

The Klowner posted:

I've never met the guy and I've seen very little of his repertoire... but something about Jim belushi makes me think the guy is a real rear end in a top hat in real life

He grows weed and tweets nice things at people so fix your heart or die

https://www.newsweek.com/belushi-farm-interview-1563852?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I also think he was in pro-BLM protests in Portland which is cool in my book. https://twitter.com/therealcoryelia/status/1310066431275401216?s=21

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/ThatsOurWaldo/status/1355902081039798276

!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
David lynch with facial hair is v confusing

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

The announcement is that it's February 1st. What did you expect?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

antidote posted:

The announcement is that it's February 1st. What did you expect?

A weather report, goddammit!

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
My wife and I made the twin peaks sandwich right before the holidays and it is absolutely as amazing as described on the show. It didn't even sound exciting to me at all, but I went out and got the most expensive ingredients I could (even then it was several meals for under $20) and we couldn't believe how good it was.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The way he eats that sandwich from the side of the bread drives me crazy, it's like that "who greased my weiner" Garfield strip

https://www.gocomics.com/garfield/1983/06/03

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

https://twitter.com/HKSurrey/status/1356266590543769600

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

The announcement is that the Weather Report is NOT stopping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QapYuD5hDVw

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

wa27 posted:

The announcement is that the Weather Report is NOT stopping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QapYuD5hDVw

thank you DL

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

My dream in life is to someday eat a smoked cheese pig

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Too heartwarming to be disappointing

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

wa27 posted:

The announcement is that the Weather Report is NOT stopping

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QapYuD5hDVw
King

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I was expecting something along the lines of "yes I'm making a show, and no I will never tell you anything about it," but that was better

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:
so back when DL restarted the weather report i cut a series of daily alarms for my phone where he tells me what day it is, and every day, without fail, david lynch tells me there's beautiful blue skies, very still, and there will be golden sunshine

i'm glad he's keeping the weather report

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I mean he teased it IN the weather report, so you can blame the internet for hyping it up to be anything else.

I suppose if you're optimistic, you could say that maybe he was intending to stop the weather report because he is shooting something, and might not be home every day to record it.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

It was pretty safe to assume that it was about Wisteria, ya know, the thing that he's been coyly hyping forever.

Of course it's about the weather report though, Lynch knows what his fans want. Wisteria is going to be a fly on the wall tale of a local weather reporter.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm in new York and it's a loving blizzard outside. david lynch lied to me and, I'm suing his rear end for two hundred fifty thousand dollars

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?
In case anyone is interested, someone has put up an archive of alt.tv.twinpeaks from 1990-92, so you can see what people were talking about when the show originally aired.

El Jeffe

Here's my theory: The sheriff did it. Why? Because no one would ever suspect him. And just think of how good he'll look when he catches the `killer'. He's going to frame someone, I don't know who. Remember how old the mayor is? That's right, he's going to retire, and guess who's going to run for mayor? That's right, the sheriff, who is a power-hungry sociopath. You want to know how he did it? He started a cult that the town is going to blame the murder on. Many people know about the cult and are in it, but it's very secret. The only evidence thus far is the scene where Bobby and his best friend are `barking' at J. in the town prison. When Bobby started `barking', his friend joined in immediately indicating it's something they've done before. I maintain they do it at meetings of the cult. The evil sheriff theory also explains why he is seducing the richest woman in Twin Peaks... More developments on Friday when I have a completely different set of theories!

Someone buy this man an account.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I am so utterly confused how someone could think the sheriff was the seducer and not the seducee

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

a barking cult being uncovered in season fo—err i mean 'wisteria' wouldn't be the most shocking development, in all honesty

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

but definitely get that man an account, if he's not already here

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

SaintFu posted:

In case anyone is interested, someone has put up an archive of alt.tv.twinpeaks from 1990-92, so you can see what people were talking about when the show originally aired.

2: Arrgghhh! Audrey is in trouble and Agent Cooper doesn't even know about
it. The white knight in me was very frustrated by this :-). P.S. Does anyone
know the actual age of Sherrilyn Fenn? Clearly, she's not 18...

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

El Jeffe posted:

Someone buy this man an account.
This is pretty much the plot to deadly premonition.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I am always worried when newsgroups get dumped cause I have some very dumb messages out there.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

eSporks posted:

This is pretty much the plot to deadly premonition.

Almost exactly. Spooky

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
Subject: Cooper's sleep
From: mrm@puffin.Eng.Sun.COM (Marianne 'R' Moi)
Date: 1990-05-24, 17:20
Newsgroups: alt.tv.twin-peaks

Maybe Special Agent Cooper was shot, by Audrey, with sleeping pellets,
so that she could carry him into bed, undress, and climb in with him,
and wait for him to wake up, breathfully watching him breathe
softly...

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Internet hasn't really changed much, has it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

My Lovely Horse posted:

Internet hasn't really changed much, has it.

Only difference is that they'd probably call them Coopdrey now.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

pyrotek posted:

Almost exactly. Spooky
Have you, or anyone played deadly premonition 2?
I've tried, and it's just so bad. I want to know if anything happens that makes it worth it.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

eSporks posted:

Have you, or anyone played deadly premonition 2?
I've tried, and it's just so bad. I want to know if anything happens that makes it worth it.

Absolutely nothing good about it, maybe the very end cutscenes but that's it. Don't bother!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

eSporks posted:

Have you, or anyone played deadly premonition 2?
I've tried, and it's just so bad. I want to know if anything happens that makes it worth it.

I started playing it, then the next time I tried to load up the game it just... wouldn't work. I looked it up and the consensus was,"Yeah that just happens sometimes :shrug:" so... well, yeah I never bothered again.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4